PDA

View Full Version : So If We Fanchise Tag Jared Allen

philfree
01-01-2008, 07:34 PM
Should we take less then two 1st round picks for him? If wo what would be fair compensation. This year 1st and what else?

PhilFree:arrow:

Mr. Flopnuts
01-01-2008, 07:37 PM
If we tag him, I'd be more than happy with 2 first round choices. I wouldn't want less than 1 though.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-01-2008, 07:38 PM
That's not to say that I want JUST a 1st rounder for him, but I can't think of too many players I would take straight up. I want a 1st rounder out of him and then maybe a #3 WR, or CB. Something like that.

Guru
01-01-2008, 07:40 PM
I am curious if he will sit out if he gets tagged.

Count Alex's Losses

How can anyone refuse 10 million?

philfree
If we tag him, I'd be more than happy with 2 first round choices. I wouldn't want less than 1 though.
No way we'd take less then one. Two is mandatory unless we decide otherwise. Something like this years 1st and a 3rd and next years 2nd and a 4th. (No I haven't added the points from the draft pick value chart.)

suds79
01-01-2008, 07:42 PM

Then we'll let him sit until he's ready to play.

Has any player won that battle who was tagged? It's really a good thing for the Chiefs should they not reach an agreement.

chiefbowe82
01-01-2008, 07:42 PM
someone want to explain the franchise tag to me

philfree
01-01-2008, 07:48 PM
someone want to explain the franchise tag to me

Off the top of my head a franchised player gets paid the avg of the top 5 players salaries at his position. A team seek permission to sign him but they are required by rule to give up two 1st round draft picks to do so. The team who franchised the player can agree to less if they choose.

Ultra Peanut
01-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Is there any way we could re-classify him as a punter?

Deberg_1990
01-01-2008, 08:49 PM
Is there any way we could re-classify him as a punter?

No, but perhaps a long snapper since he was drafted as a backup long snapper. :)

Mecca
01-01-2008, 08:53 PM
If you tag a player no one ever attempts to sign him anymore, that's why most of them get pissed off about it.

Priest4Prez
01-01-2008, 08:58 PM
Maybe we should actually just give the guy a contract

philfree
01-01-2008, 09:10 PM
If you tag a player no one ever attempts to sign him anymore, that's why most of them get pissed off about it.

That's why I was looking at taking less the two 1st rounders to make it more appealing to another team.

Maybe we should actually just give the guy a contract

I'm all for it but Allen is already making a big deal about not getting an extention already. I don't know why players can't honor there whole contract if they play well and then get better contract after that. He signed the first one so he should honor it. And the whole I gave my all and i did my best so I deserve more is bs. That's what he was supposed to do to start with.

jjchieffan
01-01-2008, 09:12 PM
I think there have been some guys that got tagged, and then the team later "traded" them for less than the 2 first round picks. I can't remember any specific instances. It has been a while since it happened.

jjchieffan
01-01-2008, 09:16 PM
That's why I was looking at taking less the two 1st rounders to make it more appealing to another team.

I'm all for it but Allen is already making a big deal about not getting an extention already. I don't know why players can't honor there whole contract if they play well and then get better contract after that. He signed the first one so he should honor it. And the whole I gave my all and i did my best so I deserve more is bs. That's what he was supposed to do to start with.

Actually, he honored his contract. It was a 3 year contract. He was a RFA last year, and that allowed us to keep him one more year cheap. He is pissed because he wasn't given a contract last year. Granted, he had the suspension hanging over his head, but that could have been used by Carl as leverage to sign him cheaper. Carl didn't and now JA has the upper hand in negotiations and will cost much more to retain.