PDA

View Full Version : Solari fired

Pages : [1] 2

DeezNutz
01-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Chiefs’ Edwards fires offensive coordinator Solari, three others
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

The Chiefs had their worst season rushing the ball in a non-strike year under Mike Solari (center), who was promoted to offensive coordinator by Herm Edwards in 2006.
The first casualties of the Chiefs’ 4-12 season came Tuesday, when four assistant coaches, including offensive coordinator Mike Solari, were fired.

The others fired were John Matsko (offensive line), Charlie Joiner (wide receivers) and James Saxon (running backs). Solari, Joiner and Saxon were remnants from the staff of former coach Dick Vermeil. Vermeil’s quarterback coach, Terry Shea, was fired last year.

Dick Curl (quarterbacks) and Jon Embree (tight ends) were the only main offensive assistant coaches retained. Each joined the Chiefs two years ago when Herm Edwards was hired as head coach.

“Herm did what he had to do,” Solari said. “We just didn’t get it done offensively. It just didn’t work out.”

Edwards wasn’t available to comment, so it wasn’t immediately clear which way he would proceed with the offense. But Paul Hackett could become a candidate to be the coordinator.

Hackett served as Chiefs’ offensive coordinator from 1993-97, when he left to become head coach at Southern California. The Chiefs made the playoffs in all but one of Hackett’s five seasons, but they scored only 47 points in his final four postseason games, all losses.

Since leaving the Chiefs, Hackett also served four seasons as Edwards’ offensive coordinator for the New York Jets. He has been quarterbacks coach for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for the past three seasons.

The Chiefs scored only 226 points this season, the worst for a 16-game schedule in their history. They scored more than 20 points only once in their nine-game, season-ending losing streak, and that happened back on Nov. 4 against Green Bay.

Solari joined the Chiefs as their offensive line coach in 1997 and served in that capacity under three different head coaches. He gained a reputation as one of the best line coaches in the NFL and was promoted to coordinator when Edwards joined the Chiefs in 2006.

But the Chiefs, who had one of the NFL’s highest-scoring offensive teams for several seasons while Al Saunders was their coordinator, couldn’t continue the pace with Solari calling the plays. Scoring and yardage dropped dramatically in Solari’s first year and even more precipitously this season.

Solari had never been an NFL offensive coordinator until Edwards took a chance on him. Solari indicated he would return to coach the line for another team next season.

“If the opportunity arises to be a coordinator again someday, I might look at it,” he said. “But for the time being, I’m going to be an offensive line coach.”

Joiner, a Hall of Fame wide receiver, and Saxon, who once played for the Chiefs, joined the Chiefs in 2001 as Vermeil was becoming their head coach. Matsko, a veteran line coach, joined the Chiefs when Edwards arrived.

He presided over the decline of what was once one of the league’s best offensive lines. But this season, the Chiefs allowed 55 sacks, second in team history, and rushed for just 1,248 yards, lowest in team history other than the strike-shortened 1982 season.

doomy3
01-01-2008, 10:20 PM
WOAH

This is outstanding. Who is hired now will tell us a lot about the future of this offense.

DeezNutz
01-01-2008, 10:21 PM
Certainly Herm can't be dumb enough to bring back Hackett, especially after he was run out of town in NY.

doomy3
01-01-2008, 10:22 PM
Dick Curl was retained, but Joiner and Saxon were fired too???

DaKCMan AP
Paul Hackett could become a candidate to be the coordinator.

This place would go ape-shit.

blueballs
Saxon has coached some nice talent since 2001
PRiest - LJ - Kolby - T-Rich became a name under him

Der Flöprer
:cuss: :banghead: MOTHER**** DICK CURL!!!!

BigRock
01-01-2008, 10:23 PM
ROFL Teicher. "Nobody was available to comment, so I figured I'd take a guess."

OnTheWarpath58
Let the meltdown begin since Curl was retained.....

KCJohnny
Paul Hackett??????

I guess we could do worse, but that might mean going back to the Left Coast Offense. Let's hope Brodie can run the LCO.

tk13
Teicher is just openly trying to incite riots now.

petegz28
Ok well step 1 is complete....

Hackett though? I am mixed on that one

Fruit Ninja
Its a start, but wtf is father time retained for?

Buck
Here he comes, here comes cam cam

siberian khatru
I will go Al-Qaida on Arrowhead if they bring Hackett back.

FAX
And the Doom Bus makes turn one.

FAX

Dunit35
01-01-2008, 10:24 PM
Paul Hackett? You got to be kidding me.

Keep Curl....I would've kept Saxon before I let that dumbasa Curl stay.

Frankie
If Hackett comes back in and Herm retains Dick Curl, Herm has my wish of getting fired and take them with him next year. Up to now I was not a Herm Basher. But by retaining the POS Curl he has taken me halfway there.

Der Flöprer
This place would go ape-shit.

OMG!!! I didn't even read past Dick Curl. If they do that, I don't know how I'll react. I really don't.

DaneMcCloud
Paul "Can't" Hackett? Again????

Please. NO!!!

KCFalcon59
Not Hackett. Nooooooooooooooo11!!!!!1!!!!!!!!

Braincase
Not even Carl would be STUPID enough to bring back Hackett. No freakin' way.

FAX
01-01-2008, 10:25 PM
Welcome to the Paul Hackett/Dick Curl era.

Lord, please take me now.

FAX

Dunit35
Actually, Teicher hopefully just said that about Hackett because of the Jets thing.

petegz28
If Gruden has Hackett on his team I have to re-consider my position on Hackett.

BigRock
01-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Let the meltdown begin since Curl was retained.....
Does that even matter at this point? Let the new OC get hired, maybe he'll have someone he wants for the job.

chiefbowe82
why the hell did we fire saxon-seriously?

bdeg
Should have gotten rid of special teams coach too. Priefer?

Still, thank god no more Solari.

siberian khatru
Hey, we need a FG kicker. Maybe they should bring back ...

doomy3
I will give Herm the benefit of the doubt here and hope Teicher is way off base with his Hackett guess. Hopefully we bring in Cameron or another bright offensive mind and Herm leaves that side of the ball alone.

petegz28
why the hell did we fire saxon-seriously?

Maybe he wanted to leave?

siberian khatru
01-01-2008, 10:27 PM
Should have gotten rid of special teams coach too. Priefer?

Still, thank god no more Solari.

I can't believe Priefer is still here. Maybe they'll announce more firings (defense/ST) later this week?

Chief Roundup
What about Brian Billick as OC?

petegz28
I can't believe Priefer is still here. Maybe they'll announce more firings (defense/ST) later this week?

I can't see how he stays. These are just the offensive firings. More to come I am sure.

Rain Man
01-01-2008, 10:28 PM
I am about to have a stroke here. If they bring back the antichrist I seriously may have to boycott the team. I seriously think that's the only thing that could keep me away from the Chiefs.

God, I'm about to be sick just thinking about it.

FAX
You know, this has the feel of a dream. The kind you have when you get the flu and it comes with a really high fever.

By the way, anybody who was willing to bitch about Croyle needs to carefully consider what that poor bastard has in store for him now.

FAX

Stinger
Ok the football guy in me say No F'en way to Hacket coming back.

The masicist in me says what a day Chief's Planet would have if this becomes true. Oh Armageddon
would be upon us at The Planet. :D LMAO

DaneMcCloud

Did you ever WATCH the Ravens under Billick?

They SUCKED offensively. SUCKED.

Der Flöprer
01-01-2008, 10:29 PM

If we can get him rookie versions of Daunte Culpepper and Randy Moss, sure. Why not? Otherwise, he was in the right place at the right time. Twice.

smittysbar
Just fall guys. We are going to be stuck with the mother****ers that did this to the team

cdcox
Retaining Curl. :shake:

If he hires Hackett (which I sincerly doubt) you can't defend Herm anymore or give him any more chances.

Fruit Ninja
****, i didnt even see the Hackett thing. If we get him back, i am going to be seriously upset. I will be in to go Osama on Arrowhead. lol

FAX
01-01-2008, 10:30 PM
The Joiner firing is interesting. Anyone else get the feeling he was doing a poor job?

FAX

chiefbowe82
so we fire our RB coach whos been nothing short of great. Then did we not offer solari the line coaching posistion?

blueballs
I was hoping the Hackett comment was a joke
no such luck

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/426649.html

The comments at the bottom of the page
are going to get real interesting
already a few

doomy3
Seriously, this place will EXPLODE if Hackett comes back.

petegz28
01-01-2008, 10:31 PM
The Joiner firing is interesting. Anyone else get the feeling he was doing a poor job?

FAX

Looks to me like they are just cleaning house offensively Mr. Fax.

Stinger

But the media said he was a genious (cp spelling)

Rain Man
The people who should be fired:

Herm Edwards
Dick Curl
Mike Priefer
Send Hackett a letter firing the b*****d again, just to be safe

This is the problem with having the idiots in charge. They're going to fire everyone but the idiots.

If Hackett comes back, I don't think I can do this any more, and I'm a 38-year fan. I can't do it any more if they bring that person back. That would be my worst nightmare.

RibKing67

Yea the Ravens did so well after he took over the play calling.

KC kid
01-01-2008, 10:32 PM
if we hire hackett, I am done

doomy3
01-01-2008, 10:33 PM
if we hire hackett, I am done

You'll be sorely missed.

the Talking Can
I want to be excited, but any mention of Hackett makes me suicidal.

Is Herm that ****ing stupid?

Hackett?

KCFalcon59
Ok the football guy in me say No F'en way to Hacket coming back.

The masicist in me says what a day Chief's Planet would have if this becomes true. Oh Armageddon
would be upon us at The Planet. :D LMAO

The server would spontaneously combust. It's the end of the world as we know it.

FAX
Hmmmm. Let's see here ... Herm takes us from a number one ranked offense to the worst in league history in 24 months. Then, he hires Hackett.

Is it possible to end a season with a negative point total?

FAX

Brock
Good bye, Scapegoat #1.

the Talking Can
01-01-2008, 10:34 PM
Dick Curl must have pictures of Herm dressed like Rosanne Bar.

cdcox
01-01-2008, 10:35 PM
I will give Herm the benefit of the doubt here and hope Teicher is way off base with his Hackett guess. Hopefully we bring in Cameron or another bright offensive mind and Herm leaves that side of the ball alone.

I love how people keep wanting to give Herm the benefit of a doubt when all he does is stupid stuff like retain Curl. It's clear that we are going to scrap the Coryell offense. Herm isn't going to take an OC from the circus offense coaching tree.

Phobia
I don't think this list is nearly long enough but it will do for now.

If Hackett is hired, I'll put my gear away for a while. That's just borderline cruel. I'm going to punch Adam in the face next time I see that squirrel.

petegz28
Hackett probably wont want to come back to KC

DeezNutz
I didn't realize that Curl and Herm are a package deal, and at this point that's about as pretty as a cyst on a fat girl.

FAX
... This is the problem with having the idiots in charge. They're going to fire everyone but the idiots. ...

That pretty much sums it up, Mr. Rain Man peep man.

FAX

Chief Roundup

Yeah did you see where he was the OC of the Vikings when they set the League's Season Record for points scored until the patriots this year?

Der Flöprer
Retaining Curl. :shake:

If he hires Hackett (which I sincerly doubt) you can't defend Herm anymore or give him any more chances.

Deal. I've been very optimistic about Herm. Mostly because I'm too afraid to start over AGAIN. If he hires Hackett, I really don't know if I could take it. I mean, I will never ever abandon my Chiefs, but I don't think I'd think about them or the NFL for a few weeks at best.

Lonewolf Ed
Paul "Can't" Hackett? Again????

Please. NO!!!

Maybe he can bring Jimmy Raye back with Hackett.

Tribal Warfare
01-01-2008, 10:36 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/426649.html

cdcox
We're going to bring Lin Elliot back as kicker, too.

Guru
WTF? Can Saxon? Keep Curl? Bring in Hackett?

Seriously!!! WTF!!!!

Delano
so we fire our RB coach whos been nothing short of great. Then did we not offer solari the line coaching posistion?

Both sides probably want a fresh start after this awful season.

ChiefsCountry
Yeah did you see where he was the OC of the Vikings when they set the League's Season Record for points scored until the patriots this year?

That was bc he had Randy Moss, Jake Reed, Cris Carter, Robert Smith and Randall Cunningham.

Der Flöprer

FAX

Not at all. I'm pissed he was released. I expect him to do very well for someone in the near future.

KC kid

bring back lin eliot at kicker

stumppy
01-01-2008, 10:37 PM
It doesn't matter who they hire as OC. The Chiefs are just like and old piece of shit car. You can polish it all you want, in the end all you have is a bright shiny turd.

Guru
That is much like mentioning the kicker we no longer name.

Bannable offense. :#

Guru
Ban him now MODs.

the Talking Can
01-01-2008, 10:38 PM
Hackett and/or Pennington would be the end for me.

I would seriously have to step away for awhile.

That is insane.

Frazod
01-01-2008, 10:38 PM
Solari joins Gunther as someone promoted beyond his limited abilities. Too bad he isn't still the Oline coach.

Brock
01-01-2008, 10:39 PM
They can't bring Hackett back to this town. I would hope they know that much at least.

FAX
Looks to me like they are just cleaning house offensively Mr. Fax.

So, the Doom Bus takes out the defense in turn two? Who replaces Gun? Joe Barry?

FAX

doomy3
I love how people keep wanting to give Herm the benefit of a doubt when all he does is stupid stuff like retain Curl. It's clear that we are going to scrap the Coryell offense. Herm isn't going to take an OC from the circus offense coaching tree.

You're right.

We should all throw a fit because Adam Teicher mentioned a name in an article with nothing to back it up at all other than the fact he and Herm have worked together.

And why couldn't a new OC come in and decide to bring in their own QB coach at that time. Keep in mind we still have a 2nd year QB in Croyle who is no doubt in the process of watching film and being coached right now. Get rid of Curl immediately and who is going to coach him right now in the interim while we have no offensive staff?

Count Alex's Losses
01-01-2008, 10:40 PM
Here's our story. We actually had this two hours ago but Nick had to wait for confirmation. There is an interesting tidbit, though.

http://kan.scout.com/2/716103.html

Warpaint Illustrated.com has learned that the Kansas City Chiefs have decided not to retain offensive coordinator Mike Solari. He, along with most of the offensive coaching staff, were given their pink slips Tuesday afternoon.

Today is the beginning of the 2008 season for the Chiefs, and this is just the first change among many expected. Solari’s dismissal marks the end of a long tenure in Kansas City. He has been with the Chiefs since 1997, when he began as offensive line coach.

Others who were let go were wide receivers coach Charlie Joiner, offensive line coach John Matsko, offensive assistant/quality control coach Kevin Patulo and running backs coach James Saxon.

The coaches who will be retained for 2008 are quarterbacks coach Dick Curl, assistant offensive line coach Bob Bicknell and tight ends coach Jon Embree.

Solari took over as offensive coordinator when Al Saunders left to run the offense in Washington. Solari, who had never been an offensive coordinator in the NFL, struggled mightily in getting KC’s offense to perform consistently.

In the end, it was ironically his offensive line that let him down. Solari was a proponent of KC’s all-veteran crew, but it backfired for the second year in a row. According to our source, his ultimate downfall was the fact many of his players had little respect for him. Herm Edwards had little choice but to fire Solari.

A report indicated the leading candidate to replace Solari is Eric Price, who served the last four years as offensive coordinator at the University of Texas – El Paso.

Price is no stranger to Edwards. The two worked briefly together in New York, where Price was instrumental in preparing Chad Pennington to play in the NFL.

Recently Price turned down several requests to interview at other universities. He’s focused on winning the offensive coordinator job in Kansas City. However, it’s not a lock at this point that he’ll get the job with the Chiefs.

There are other candidates surfacing, including former Nebraska head coach Bill Callahan, Jacksonville Jaguars quarterbacks coach Mike Shula and current Miami Dolphins head coach Cam Cameron.

Callahan coordinated the offense in Oakland before the Raiders promoted him to head coach. He left the NFL to take over at Nebraska, where he was fired in December.

Shula was Brodie Croyle’s head coach at Alabama, and is one of the primary reasons Jaguars quarterback David Garrard has performed so well this year.

Cameron will learn his head coaching fate this week after a meeting with Bill Parcells, who has taken over the Dolphins as Vice President of Operations. It’s not likely that Cameron will be retained, and with his experience in the AFC West, he’d be a solid choice for the Chiefs. He was the San Diego’s offensive coordinator from 2002 – 2006.

If Price is hired, it will be a departure from the norm for Kansas City. The Chiefs have always hired proven NFL position coaches and promoted them to offensive coordinator. They’ve never dipped into the college ranks.

Stay tuned to Warpaint Illustrated.com for more offseason news on the Kansas City Chiefs.

KC kid
Let's face it. The Chiefs (especially Carl) are IDIOTS at PR. They do what they want and almost dare us "redneck" fans to deal with it.

jjchieffan
Solari indicated he would return to coach the line for another team next season.

Wish he was returning to coach our line next year. I got a little excited for a second. I miss read it to say he would return to coach our line. Then I re read it and saw that it said for another team. :banghead:

Lonewolf Ed
01-01-2008, 10:41 PM

Let's not get too crazy!

FAX
01-01-2008, 10:41 PM
Not at all. I'm pissed he was released. I expect him to do very well for someone in the near future.

I felt the same way, Mr. Mr. Flopnuts peep dude. I've always liked Charlie and thought he was doing a damn fine job with Bowe from what I could tell.

FAX

siberian khatru
01-01-2008, 10:42 PM
We should all throw a fit because Adam Teicher mentioned a name in an article with nothing to back it up at all other than the fact he and Herm have worked together.

Pure speculation by a reporter doesn't belong in a news article. If he's got some kind of source, he should say so. Otherwise, it looks like it's just Teicher playing games and connecting dots. And that's horseshit.

petegz28
01-01-2008, 10:42 PM
I will take Cameron or Shula

FAX
01-01-2008, 10:43 PM
universitie ?

FAX

Stinger

Good God there is a thought. Pennington behind this offensive line with Hackett calling the plays.... I just threw up in my mouth :banghead: :cuss: :banghead: :cuss:

Lzen
Joyner and Saxon fired? WTF Herm?

petegz28
01-01-2008, 10:44 PM

WTF? People wanted the house cleaned and it is happening and now you are bitching?

Guru
Good God there is a thought. Pennington behind this offensive line with Hackett calling the plays.... I just threw up in my mouth :banghead: :cuss: :banghead: :cuss:
Not even a little bit. The whole thing.

Count Alex's Losses
universitie ?

FAX

I ****in' edited it you son of a bitch! :cuss:

DeezNutz
We actually had this two hours ago but Nick had to wait for confirmation.

Recently Price turned down several requests to interview at other universitie.

ROFL

Baconeater
That was bc he had Randy Moss, Jake Reed, Cris Carter, Robert Smith and Randall Cunningham.
And a great line. Some of you people need to get over your man-crushes on Billick.

doomy3
01-01-2008, 10:45 PM
Solari indicated he would return to coach the line for another team next season.

Wish he was returning to coach our line next year. I got a little excited for a second. I miss read it to say he would return to coach our line. Then I re read it and saw that it said for another team. :banghead:

According to the Warpaint article FWIW, it mentions that it was Solari that wanted to go with the old guys on the Oline that backfired so miserably. If that's the case, I don't want him.

Count Alex's Losses

The Chiefs are going to bring in a running backs coach who lights a fire under Larry's ass. Word is that Saxon was way too soft on him.

Der Flöprer
I haven't even commented on Cam Cameron because it hasn't seemed like a real possibility. If there is any way we can make this happen, I would have to see my Doctor for having an erection for longer than 4 hours.

FAX
...Get rid of Curl immediately and who is going to coach him right now in the interim while we have no offensive staff?

I don't know, Mr. doomy3 peep.

An aborigine dwarf with no voice box or eye sockets would be nice.

FAX

Guru
WTF? People wanted the house cleaned and it is happening and now you are bitching?
By cleaning house, most of us meant the whole enchilada. This is just backwards with their selections of who to retain.

doomy3

Amazing, isn't it?

cdcox
You're right.

And why couldn't a new OC come in and decide to bring in their own QB coach at that time. Keep in mind we still have a 2nd year QB in Croyle who is no doubt in the process of watching film and being coached right now. Get rid of Curl immediately and who is going to coach him right now in the interim while we have no offensive staff?

I agree with you that Teicher is probably just throwing a name out there.

But Herm already said we are putting in a whole new offensive scheme. Cam Cameron runs the same scheme we run now. No way that Herm hires him. A ton of people have been throwing his name around and I think it is more likely that Herm would hire Hackett or promote Curl than hire Cam Cameron. Herm has detested the Coryell offense since he arrived.

I don't think QBs are watching film with their QB coaches this week. I'd rather Brodie study alone than with Curl.

DeezNutz
01-01-2008, 10:46 PM
universitie ?

FAX

Bearly beet me, Mr. Fax.

ChiTown
If Herm had any balls at all, he would have fallen on the sword and resigned. This is like putting a chest wrap on a lung cancer patient and "calling it good". wtf?

Count Alex's Losses
Yeah yeah, we left off an S. I already fixed it. Have your laugh.

Mr. Arrowhead
I think if we truely believe that Brodie is our QB, we prolly should hire Shula as our OC

Rain Man
Pure speculation by a reporter doesn't belong in a news article. If he's got some kind of source, he should say so. Otherwise, it looks like it's just Teicher playing games and connecting dots. And that's horseshit.

Maybe he'll start thinking about journalistic standards when a bunch of us show up at his house with a rope. That type of speculation is not even funny.

Der Flöprer

LMAO Unabashed. Rage.

FAX

Simmah!!!!

And write gooder.

FAX

doomy3
01-01-2008, 10:47 PM
The Chiefs are going to bring in a running backs coach who lights a fire under Larry's ass. Word is that Saxon was way too soft on him.

I really like that idea if that's the case.

Lzen

Actually, I just wanted Herm and Carl gone. The rest is gravy. ;) I thought Saxon and Joiner (or is it Joyner) did okay.

cdcox

Herm has also completed his purge of the DV regiem and their circus offense.

the Talking Can
01-01-2008, 10:48 PM
Here's our story. We actually had this two hours ago but Nick had to wait for confirmation. There is an interesting tidbit, though.

http://kan.scout.com/2/716103.html

Warpaint Illustrated.com has learned, after reading an article by Adam Teicher, that the Kansas City Chiefs have decided not to retain offensive coordinator Mike Solari. He, along with most of the offensive coaching staff, were given their pink slips Tuesday afternoon.

ROFL

FAX
... I don't think QBs are watching film with their QB coaches this week. I'd rather Brodie study alone than with Curl.

What about an aborigine dwarf with no voice box or eye sockets?

FAX

Braincase
Good god. What are the odds we get either Hackett or Jimmy Raye?

Lzen
01-01-2008, 10:49 PM

I see. Well, I guess that might be a good thing.

cdcox
Maybe he'll start thinking about journalistic standards when a bunch of us show up at his house with a rope. That type of speculation is not even funny.

I'm assuming there is a rusty set of nuthooks on that rope.

Brock
There's warpaint with the scoop yet again.

DaneMcCloud

QFT

Rain Man
If Herm had any balls at all, he would have fallen on the sword and resigned. This is like putting a chest wrap on a lung cancer patient and "calling it good". wtf?

Or more aptly, this is like removing the left lung when the right one is the one that has the cancer.

Other than maybe the line coach, the team fired all of the coaches who should be retained, and is retaining all of the coaches who should be fired. It's exactly why Carl Peterson and Herm Edwards need to be removed from their positions. It's completely the opposite of what should have happened.

Firing Saxon? Come on. That's pathetic.

Rain Man
01-01-2008, 10:51 PM
I'm assuming there is a rusty set of nuthooks on that rope.

Oh. Would you mind bringing them? I don't have a set.

cdcox
01-01-2008, 10:51 PM
What about an aborigine dwarf with no voice box or eye sockets?

FAX

I'm thinking that the witty and beautiful Mrs. Croyle could be his viewing companion. She could even assist with some positive and negative feedback.

DaneMcCloud
01-01-2008, 10:52 PM
I will take Cameron or Shula

Shula S.U.C.K.S.

I'd take freakin' Can't Hackett over Never Was any day of the week.

blueballs
Whoever takes the OC will have a bare cupboard to work with
that could be a good thing
they can bring in their own coaches and players

Count Alex's Losses
ROFL

Here is the proof you seek.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/6018/solari2it2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Rain Man
01-01-2008, 10:53 PM
Herm has also completed his purge of the DV regiem and their circus offense.

Yeah. (Sigh.) This must be how the Romans felt in 476 A.D. when the first barbarians entered the gates.

DaWolf
01-01-2008, 10:53 PM
I can't see how he stays. These are just the offensive firings. More to come I am sure.

There BETTER be more firings.

This team will go nowhere as long as Dumbther remains as DC...

DeezNutz
01-01-2008, 10:54 PM
Yeah. (Sigh.) This must be how the Romans felt in 476 A.D. when the first barbarians entered the gates.

Nah. They said that they weren't going to change a thing.

FAX

I don't mind the housecleaning. I liked Joiner, though.

What I had in mind was tying Dick Curl to a tree, dousing him with molasses and introducing him to a tribe of syphilis infected, ravenous, Capuchin monkeys.

FAX

Sure-Oz
Great news about Solari being out, but the earth may explode if we bring back Hackett, where is that assclown now?

Count Alex's Losses
01-01-2008, 10:55 PM
For what it's worth, I haven't heard Hackett's name mentioned once.

ChiefsCountry
QFT

About Billick, its true - his tenure as Ravens coach, his offense's sucked.

DeezNutz
Great news about Solari being out, but the earth may explode if we bring back Hackett, where is that assclown now?

I heard that he's the QB coach in Tampa? :p

DaneMcCloud
01-01-2008, 10:56 PM
There BETTER be more firings.

This team will go nowhere as long as Dumbther remains as DC...

Carl Peterson should have been on the phone with Rex Ryan this morning.

Actually, he should be signing a contract just about now.

But more than likely, we're stuck with Dumber for the duration.

Woo. Pee.

cdcox
For what it's worth, I haven't heard Hackett's name mentioned once.

Crap, then it's true.

Stinger
What I had in mind was tying Dick Curl to a tree, dousing him with molasses and introducing him to a tribe of syphilis infected, ravenous, Capuchin monkeys.

FAX

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

Sure-Oz
About Billick, its true - his tenure as Ravens coach, his offense's sucked.
You can look like a genious when you have Randy Moss, Culpepper in his prime, and Cris Carter in his prime as well.

the Talking Can
I am glad about the firings

but the mere sight of the word "Hackett" makes me pee blood...

RustShack
01-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Have we had Saxon for awhile? Was he apart of Priest and LJ getting good? Curl is the main guy besides Solari that should be gone.

Lzen
Whoever takes the OC will have a bare cupboard to work with
that could be a good thing
they can bring in their own coaches and players

A bare cupboard? Tony Gonzalez. Dwayne Bowe. Kolby Smith. Larry Johnson. Hardly bare. Solari and Herm just didn't know how to use it. But they will definitely need to rebuild that offensive line or no offense will work very well.

siberian khatru
Crap, then it's true.

ROFL

DaneMcCloud
01-01-2008, 10:58 PM

FAX

Since Charlie Joiner is a HOFer schooled in the Coryell offense, this move screams that the Chiefs are abandoning the Coryell offense in favor of something else.

Which also tells me that there's no way Cameron ends up in KC.

Delano
Can someone inform the young Solari daughter of the firing via Facebook plz.

Sure-Oz
A bare cupboard? Tony Gonzalez. Dwayne Bowe. Kolby Smith. Larry Johnson. Hardly bare. Solari and Herm just didn't know how to use it. But they will definitely need to rebuild that offensive line or no offense will work very well.
Yeah, the oline needs to be revamped or it won't matter wtf these guys can do, this year proved it

Mr. Kotter
01-01-2008, 10:59 PM
It will be interesting who we decide to hire as the OLine coach....with the move to a "zone blocking" scheme. :hmmm:

Der Flöprer

Woo. Pee.

You and I have identical viewpoints of the Chiefs. Consistantly.

ChiefFan31
:cuss: :banghead: MOTHER**** DICK CURL!!!!

My sentiments exactly towards that ****ing idiot Dick Curl.

What a joke of a QB coach.

Rain Man

FAX

Capuchin monkeys are too big. Something smaller that would take more time.

Honestly, though, I must admit that I don't know enough about Curl to hate him, other than knowing that he must be an idiot if he's affiliated with Herm Edwards. Why is he so despised? He wanted to start Croyle, which seems to be in line with a lot of people, and he got overruled.

FAX
01-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Wait until we unveil our brand new, fancy, what-day-is-it, look-out-for-your-neighbor's-cleats, zone blocking scheme.

FAX

ChiefsCountry
01-01-2008, 11:00 PM
You can look like a genious when you have Randy Moss, Culpepper in his prime, and Cris Carter in his prime as well.

Billick never coached Culpepper.

DaneMcCloud
01-01-2008, 11:01 PM
Have we had Saxon for awhile? Was he apart of Priest and LJ getting good? Curl is the main guy besides Solari that should be gone.

LJ rushed for more than 2,000 yards his senior season at Penn State. He was already "good".

Priest Holmes performed very well at Texas and his ACL injuries are what led him to be undrafted. He rushed for over 1,000 yards with the Ravens but they choose to go with Jamal Lewis over Priest.

Priest was already "good" by the time he went to KC.

Talent can make a decent coach look good and a great coach legendary.

OnTheWarpath58
01-01-2008, 11:01 PM

Woo. Pee.

In all fairness, Dane, if I'm Rex Ryan, I'm only taking calls from teams that want me as a HC for the time being.

RustShack
01-01-2008, 11:03 PM
LJ rushed for more than 2,000 yards his senior season at Penn State. He was already "good".

Priest Holmes performed very well at Texas and his ACL injuries are what led him to be undrafted. He rushed for over 1,000 yards with the Ravens but they choose to go with Jamal Lewis over Priest.

Priest was already "good" by the time he went to KC.

Talent can make a decent coach look good and a great coach legendary.

and a bad coach can not help them get better.

DaneMcCloud
In all fairness, Dane, if I'm Rex Ryan, I'm only taking calls from teams that want me as a HC for the time being.

While he should certainly receive a few "looks" for a head coaching job, he was just fired. And that doesn't bode well for anyone seeking employment in the NFL.

FAX
Since Charlie Joiner is a HOFer schooled in the Coryell offense, this move screams that the Chiefs are abandoning the Coryell offense in favor of something else.

Which also tells me that there's no way Cameron ends up in KC.

Yeah. I think you and Mr. cdcox are on to something here, Mr. DaneMcCloud. You guys are good peeps. I'm sure glad Herm said he wasn't going to change the offense or anything.

Personally, I fear this frog f*ck has just begun. The good news is we'll have tons of airtime on ESPN when they show our guys running into each other in the backfield.

FAX

Tits McGee
01-01-2008, 11:04 PM
What a bunch of retreads. F-ing Hackett, I was just getting over that era, and now that SOB may return to KC.

Sure-Oz
01-01-2008, 11:04 PM
Billick never coached Culpepper.
You get my point, i assume it was either Cunningham and Brad Johnson?

ChiefsCountry
01-01-2008, 11:05 PM
You get my point, i assume it was either Cunningham and Brad Johnson?

It was Cunningham. :)

Sure-Oz
01-01-2008, 11:06 PM
hehe sweet!

Der Flöprer
01-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Yeah. I think you and Mr. cdcox are on to something here, Mr. DaneMcCloud. You guys are good peeps. I'm sure glad Herm said he wasn't going to change the offense or anything.

Personally, I fear this frog f*ck has just begun. The good news is we'll have tons of airtime on ESPN when they show our guys running into each other in the backfield.

FAX

That Pepsi commercial with the Cowboys calling in the "yawn" play was based on actual events during Chiefs practice. They just needed "face" characters to get the laughs. If everyone saw the Chiefs do that, they'd be like "Duh, what's the point?"

Baconeater
01-01-2008, 11:15 PM
IIRC Johnson started the record-setting '98 season, and then lost his job to RC due to injury.

Thig Lyfe
01-01-2008, 11:22 PM
YAAAAAAAAY WE KEPT DICK CURL

Bill Parcells
01-01-2008, 11:23 PM
LOL! This is like dejavu.

Paul Hackett--------> Chad Pennington ''the rifle man''

Ari Chi3fs
01-01-2008, 11:26 PM
****ing Paul Hackett? Why not Jimmy Raye?

Lets Hire Brian Schottenheimer too.

WTF.

Tits McGee
01-01-2008, 11:28 PM
Can anyone tell me what does Dick Curl do, and what he brings to the table?

RustShack
01-01-2008, 11:33 PM
Dick Curl has no ability to make Croyle or anyone better, and gets good coaches fired. He must give Herm good head.

dirk digler
01-01-2008, 11:38 PM
First the good news is that Solari is gone. I don't get why Saxon was fired the RB's actually performed pretty well all things considered.

Why the hell Curl is still here is beyond me except maybe he is Herm's personal ball washer.

Now I will echo all the sentiments that if Hackett comes back as the OC I am done with this team until Herm gets shit canned next season after going 1-15.

ChiefFan31

He is Herm's buddy, and helps to cover Herm's dumb ass. That is his main role.

He was with Herm in New York to help him with gameday clock management. We all know how well that worked out.

Herm brought him here to KC, but the reason why he placed him as the QB coach this year, is a joke.

Cochise
If Hackett comes back I might not crap solid for 16 years

DaneMcCloud
01-01-2008, 11:40 PM

Crapping solid is over-rated

Count Alex's Losses
01-01-2008, 11:41 PM
I don't get why Saxon was fired

They need someone that will light a fire under LJ's ass. Word is Saxon was way too soft on him.

Brock
01-01-2008, 11:41 PM

He's a snitch. He brings snitching to the table.

RustShack
01-01-2008, 11:42 PM
Curl is probably the Chief I hate most...

dirk digler
01-01-2008, 11:43 PM
They need someone that will light a fire under LJ's ass. Word is Saxon was way too soft on him.

LMAO

About the only coach that could do that would be Bill Belichick or Bill Cowher. Seriously do they actually believe some position coach is going to come in and light a fire under LJ? God they are stupider than I thought. LJ has a huge contract and can't be moved for several years.

Count Alex's Losses
01-01-2008, 11:45 PM
LMAO

About the only coach that could do that would be Bill Belichick or Bill Cowher. Seriously do they actually believe some position coach is going to come in and light a fire under LJ? God they are stupider than I thought. LJ has a huge contract and can't be moved for several years.

Not trying would be even more stupid.

Larry's atrocious blocking is a direct reflection on Saxon.

dtebbe
01-01-2008, 11:48 PM

Loose poop is healthier anyway....

Cochise
LMAO

I don't know if anyone is going to light a fire under him. He isn't a 'makeup' player. He doesn't seem especially coachable. He's not well liked on the team and doesn't seem to care about that. Someone needs to come in here and make him into a better teammate, convince him to want to become a great, complete player.

dirk digler
Larry's atrocious blocking is a direct reflection on Saxon.

You can't be serious? You can't blame LJ not blocking on Saxon it is LJ's fault. I see Kolby Smith blocking just fine and when Priest was playing earlier this year he did fine as well.

DV, AS, Herm and Solari couldn't get LJ to block so they think bringing in some position coach that makes 1/8 of a percent of LJ's salary is going to change that?

KCJohnny
01-01-2008, 11:49 PM
First the good news is that Solari is gone. I don't get why Saxon was fired the RB's actually performed pretty well all things considered.

Why the hell Curl is still here is beyond me except maybe he is Herm's personal ball washer.

Now I will echo all the sentiments that if Hackett comes back as the OC I am done with this team until Herm gets shit canned next season after going 1-15.

Nope. Love him or hate him, Hacket's #s are just good enough to finish out the CP era at 9-7. He's not Martz, but he's not Solari, either.

Bill Parcells
01-01-2008, 11:50 PM
What's interesting is that Herm has more Q&A's than the president all year long, but ''isn't available for comment'' after this? :spock:

DaneMcCloud
Curl is probably the Chief I hate most...

Not me, man.

I hate Jean-Phillipe Darche the most.

Damn French Canadians.

dirk digler
I don't know if anyone is going to light a fire under him. He isn't a 'makeup' player. He doesn't seem especially coachable. He's not well liked on the team and doesn't seem to care about that. Someone needs to come in here and make him into a better teammate, convince him to want to become a great, complete player.

IMO that is up to the head coach to make him a great complete player. Belichick or Cowher could get it out of him but no way Herm can. That has already been proven in 2 years time.

dirk digler
01-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Nope. Love him or hate him, Hacket's #s are just good enough to finish out the CP era at 9-7. He's not Martz, but he's not Solari, either.

Are you saying you want Hackett back here? You can't be serious Johnny? The guy was run out of 2 NFL towns and 1 college town because he sucks so bad.

Count Alex's Losses
01-01-2008, 11:56 PM
You can't be serious? You can't blame LJ not blocking on Saxon it is LJ's fault.

I'm not blaming it on Saxon. Larry is to blame. But it is still a reflection on the coach.

Larry needs someone to knock his dick in the dirt at practice. I have a feeling it used to be Tony Richardson.

KCJohnny
01-01-2008, 11:56 PM
Are you saying you want Hackett back here? You can't be serious Johnny? The guy was run out of 2 NFL towns and 1 college town because he sucks so bad.

Not me. I want a new QB altogether and an OC that can run the Coryell offense. But if (a) Herm is HC and (b) Brodie is his guy, then I want Mike Shula as OC who has been wildly successful as of late with Jax QBs and coached Brodie in college.

If I were king, I'd have developed Terrell this year instead of Croyle. Short of that, there is either (a) draft Ryan, or (b) sign Derek Anderson, UFA.

Cochise
01-01-2008, 11:57 PM

He likes Chad Pennington too. He's Carl's favorite fan.

Count Alex's Losses
01-01-2008, 11:57 PM
If I were king, I'd have developed Terrell this year instead of Croyle.

LOL. That freaking noodle-armed scrub from preseason?

FAX
01-01-2008, 11:58 PM
He's a snitch. He brings snitching to the table.

ROFL

FAX

Silock
01-01-2008, 11:58 PM
You're right.

^ this

dtebbe
01-01-2008, 11:59 PM
I bet Carl is on the phone with Jimmy Raye now. ROFL

DT

KCJohnny
01-01-2008, 11:59 PM
LOL. That freaking noodle-armed scrub from preseason?

Go back and review his tape, look up his stats. I dare ya.

FAX
01-02-2008, 12:00 AM
Not me. I want a new QB altogether and an OC that can run the Coryell offense. But if (a) Herm is HC and (b) Brodie is his guy, then I want Mike Shula as OC who has been wildly successful as of late with Jax QBs and coached Brodie in college.

If I were king, I'd have developed Terrell this year instead of Croyle. Short of that, there is either (a) draft Ryan, or (b) sign Derek Anderson, UFA.

Ummm ... nothing personal, Mr. KCJohnny. But, have you heard something in your skull snap lately?

FAX

Count Alex's Losses

He wasn't an NFL quarterback.

Rain Man

I bet you'd be really hard-pressed to find anybody in the "Love Him" camp.

KCJohnny
01-02-2008, 12:01 AM
He wasn't an NFL quarterback.

:lame:

OnTheWarpath58
01-02-2008, 12:01 AM

You mean Derek Anderson, RFA?

The one that the Browns are going to sign to the highest tender offer, ensuring compensation of a R1 AND R3 pick?

If we gave up a 3rd for Anderson, I'd be pissed.

Much less a 1st and 3rd.

Build through the draft.

dirk digler
01-02-2008, 12:03 AM
I'm not blaming it on Saxon. Larry is to blame. But it is still a reflection on the coach.

Larry needs someone to knock his dick in the dirt at practice. I have a feeling it used to be Tony Richardson.

I totally disagree. If the other 3 RB's come in and block fine like they been since LJ is out that is a reflection on good coaching and players that are coachable. LJ is not coachable and no coach except for the 2 I mentioned will be able to change that.

LJ has mentioned many times that he respected Tony and that Tony was like a brother to him. The Chiefs were dumb in letting Tony go for multiple reasons.

Count Alex's Losses
01-02-2008, 12:03 AM
:lame:

Yes, he was incredibly lame.

KCJohnny
01-02-2008, 12:04 AM
You mean Derek Anderson, RFA?

The one that the Browns are going to sign to the highest tender offer, ensuring compensation of a R1 AND R3 pick?

If we gave up a 3rd for Anderson, I'd be pissed.

Much less a 1st and 3rd.

Build through the draft.

I stand corrected, RFA. He's worth a #1 IMO, for heaven's sake, what were Trent Green's credentials when he was brought here for a #1? I'm pretty sure thay were not as good as DA's.

Look, let's face it; Croyle is Herm's guy. The next move that makes sense is to bring in a BucBall expert from the Herm/Dungy coaching tree which is Mike Shula. Better than Paul Hackett IMHO.

dirk digler
01-02-2008, 12:05 AM

Is Terrell the guy from Princeton? I am sorry but he sucks bad. I heard Holthus during the pre-season commenting on how bad he is in practice and how he could barely throw 15-20yd passes. He has an extremely weak arm.

Cochise
01-02-2008, 12:05 AM
I totally disagree. If the other 3 RB's come in and block fine like they been since LJ is out that is a reflection on good coaching and players that are coachable. LJ is not coachable and no coach except for the 2 I mentioned will be able to change that.

LJ has mentioned many times that he respected Tony and that Tony was like a brother to him. The Chiefs were dumb in letting Tony go for multiple reasons.

What was wrong with losing Tony Richardson. After all, he sucks and is out of football now, and our converted special teams linebacker is so awesome...

FAX
01-02-2008, 12:06 AM

Truer words were never posted.

LJ has issues, fo thizzle.

FAX

KCJohnny

Nice post. T-Rich was the real leader of the Chiefs locker room and while Waters has filled in admirably, this team has never recovered from losing Richardson.

Count Alex's Losses
Oh, and I almost forgot to post this.

The first casualties of the Chiefs’ 4-12 season came Tuesday, when four assistant coaches, including offensive coordinator Mike Solari, were fired.

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/7775/17355294db2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

OnTheWarpath58
01-02-2008, 12:08 AM
I stand corrected, RFA. He's worth a #1 IMO, for heaven's sake, what were Trent Green's credentials when he was brought here for a #1? I'm pretty sure thay were not as good as DA's.

Look, let's face it; Croyle is Herm's guy. The next move that makes sense is to bring in a BucBall expert from the Herm/Dungy coaching tree which is Mike Shula. Better than Paul Hackett IMHO.

It's not a matter of what "he's worth," but I'm baffled that you'd spend a Top 5 pick to sign him.

If the Browns sign him to the high tender offer, as expected, the required compensation for another team to sign him is a 1st and a 3rd.

Derek Anderson is not coming here.

Trent Green wasn't worth the price tag, either. And that's coming from a HUGE Trent Green fan.

dtebbe
01-02-2008, 12:08 AM
Nice post. T-Rich was the real leader of the Chiefs locker room and while Waters has filled in admirably, this team has never recovered from losing Richardson.

Even more amazing is that T-Rich has stepped right in and became a leader in MN. You have to be a real leader to do that and actually have guys follow you.

DT

Rain Man
01-02-2008, 12:09 AM
Is Terrell the guy from Princeton? I am sorry but he sucks bad. I heard Holthus during the pre-season commenting on how bad he is in practice and how he could barely throw 15-20yd passes. He has an extremely weak arm.

Yeah, but the guy went to Princeton. I bet he could learn to throw long passes quickly.

I actually know nothing about the guy, other than I thought he looked good against the scrubs in the little playing time he got in preseason.

FAX
01-02-2008, 12:09 AM

A frozen dog with one testicle and cataracts is better than Paul Hackett, Mr. KCJohnny peep. But that's really beside the point. We need a quarterback who can hand off into our new zone blocking scheme and throw the 1 yard out and dang it, we've got one.

FAX

dirk digler
01-02-2008, 12:11 AM
What was wrong with losing Tony Richardson. After all, he sucks and is out of football now, and our converted special teams linebacker is so awesome...

Thanks Herm :p

dirk digler
01-02-2008, 12:14 AM
Yeah, but the guy went to Princeton. I bet he could learn to throw long passes quickly.

I actually know nothing about the guy, other than I thought he looked good against the scrubs in the little playing time he got in preseason.

He was very intelligent from what Holthus said but his arm strength is worse than Pennington's.

KCJohnny
01-02-2008, 12:14 AM

He looked better than Huard and Croyle in preseason by a longshot. Damn the Planet party line. Terrell looked better than the competition. Rep to Rain Man for having the integrity to post his real views as opposed to the slavish group behavior here.

Cochise
01-02-2008, 12:15 AM
Well we already know you like noodle armed QBs if you're a Pennington honk...

Silock
01-02-2008, 12:17 AM

Well, eventually, we're going to have to find a new team leader. Might as well be now.

Silock
01-02-2008, 12:17 AM
BTW, who in the world seriously thinks Pennington is coming here to compete for the starting job? Seriously?

blueballs
01-02-2008, 12:18 AM
The CHief's #5 over all pick in the draft
should be traded for Derek Anderson
I don't wether to cry to laughter or laughter to crying

KC kid
01-02-2008, 12:20 AM
He looked better than Huard and Croyle in preseason by a longshot. Damn the Planet party line. Terrell looked better than the competition. Rep to Rain Man for having the integrity to post his real views as opposed to the slavish group behavior here.

Terrell LOL

KCJohnny
01-02-2008, 12:22 AM
The CHief's #5 over all pick in the draft
should be traded for Derek Anderson
I don't wether to cry to laughter or laughter to crying

Your english teacher is sure crying...

:shake:

dirk digler
01-02-2008, 12:22 AM

That is because he was going up against 3rd stringers.

If he was so damn good why in the last pre-season game when he played a large part of the game we only scored 3 freaking points?

Johnny I swear you are really stupid sometimes.

dirk digler
01-02-2008, 12:23 AM
BTW, who in the world seriously thinks Pennington is coming here to compete for the starting job? Seriously?

Let me just say it wouldn't surprise me in the least

blueballs
01-02-2008, 12:23 AM

I no retarted ax chew

KCJohnny
01-02-2008, 12:26 AM
That is because he was going up against 3rd stringers.

If he was so damn good why in the last pre-season game when he played a large part of the game we only scored 3 freaking points?

Johnny I swear you are really stupid sometimes.

I'm stupid?

You are are more stupid. Terrell may have been going up against 3rd teamers but he was also being protected by and throwing to 3rd teamers.

DUH.

Terrell's stats easily embarass Huard and Croyle.

Cochise
01-02-2008, 12:27 AM
I'm fine with Pennington coming here if he's absolutely, positively the backup. He'd be a nice backup QB.

Trouble is that it wouldn't happen that way. Carl salivates over used up early to mid 30s quarterbacks. The thought of smoke-and-mirroring people into thinking the team just needed a QB change to be good would be too much temptation. He had people saying that Huard was the man this year when we were 4-3. He was probably just a couple weeks away from mailing out those playoff ticket forms.

If Pennington weren't already the starter on opening day, the cloud would be hanging over Croyle all year that he was on the sideline ready to take the stocking cap off his goofy looking head and trot in there the next time Brodie made a mistake.

If we were committed to developing Croyle I would be fine with it. I'm not convinced, though. They had to be drug into this developing a QB business by force and I think Carl would lock us in a room with Pennington in a second if he could. Best chance at 7-9.

SPchief
01-02-2008, 12:28 AM
Anybody have any pie?

dirk digler
01-02-2008, 12:32 AM
I'm stupid?

You are are more stupid. Terrell may have been going up against 3rd teamers but he was also being protected by and throwing to 3rd teamers.

DUH.

Terrell's stats easily embarass Huard and Croyle.

And he was going up against the Rams 2nd and 3 strings as well so it was even.

He was 15/25 with 1 INT and we scored a whooping 3 points.

Man I want him and his noodle arm to be our QB. :rolleyes:

First you want Kris Wilson to become the main RB instead of Kolby Smith.

Second while the Chiefs are rebuilding you want to trade our 1st and 3rd round draft choice to get Derek Anderson

Third you think Jeff Terrell is the Chiefs QBOTF.

And I am the one that is stupid? :rolleyes:

FAX
01-02-2008, 12:33 AM
Anybody have any pie?

Nope. But I did score some really nice toffee- and chocolate-covered pistachios from Harry & David, Mr. SPchief.

If you close your eyes and concentrate super hard, they're kind of like really tiny pistachio chocolate cream crunchy pies.

FAX

Count Alex's Losses
01-02-2008, 12:36 AM
Can someone explain why Solari is being fired? All we heard out of the KcChiefs.com mouthpieces over the last two months is "the 2007 Chiefs are not good enough. there is not enough talent."

Clearly the coaching is fine! Right? RIGHT?

CoMoChief
01-02-2008, 12:36 AM
If Paul Hackett comes back, I might just walk away from it all.

dirk digler
01-02-2008, 12:38 AM
Can someone explain why Solari is being fired? All we heard out of the KcChiefs.com mouthpieces over the last two months is "the 2007 Chiefs are not good enough. there is not enough talent."

Have you noticed it is the same shit when DV was here?

First it was the players that sucked. Then it was the coaches that sucked then it was back to the players again. Now it looks like it is the players and the coaches.

One of these decades we might actually get something right.

Bowser
01-02-2008, 12:39 AM
I'm impressed Terrell's name was remembered by anyone.

And Derek Anderson is worth the #5 overall pick? That's LOL material right there.

cdcox
01-02-2008, 12:39 AM
We went to dinner at a friends house tonight. We had cream puffs. She was so kind as to send some of the leftover cream puffs home with us. They're in the 'fridge now. Cream puffs aren't pie, but they are pretty good.

Bowser
01-02-2008, 12:41 AM

Good point. In this case, however good Solari MIGHT have been with a decent O-Line, you just gotta have a fall guy when your team puts up the worst offensive output in its history. I'll take your word on why Saxon was axed, but why Joiner? IMO, both of these guys, along with Solari as a line coach, will find work fast.

FAX
01-02-2008, 12:42 AM

Question not the Doom Bus. The Doom Bus flattens whom it will.

FAX

FAX
01-02-2008, 12:45 AM
We went to dinner at a friends house tonight. We had cream puffs. She was so kind as to send some of the leftover cream puffs home with us. They're in the 'fridge now. Cream puffs aren't pie, but they are pretty good.

You're 100% right about that, Mr. cdcox. The cream puff is the King of All Pastry.

No snack cake has yet been baked worthy to hold a cream puff's jock.

FAX

Count Alex's Losses
01-02-2008, 12:46 AM
Good point. In this case, however good Solari MIGHT have been with a decent O-Line, you just gotta have a fall guy when your team puts up the worst offensive output in its history. I'll take your word on why Saxon was axed, but why Joiner? IMO, both of these guys, along with Solari as a line coach, will find work fast.

Aside from cdcox's relevant point that Joiner and the other coaches were the last vestiges of DV, I'm not sure Joiner is all that he's cracked up to be. He had success 15 years ago developing Buffalo's wide receivers, but the only guy we've had here that he did anything with was Bowe. Plus, he's old as dirt.

KCJohnny
01-02-2008, 12:48 AM
I'm impressed Terrell's name was remembered by anyone.

And Derek Anderson is worth the #5 overall pick? That's LOL material right there.

Anderson averaged 237 YPG (http://www.nfl.com/players/derekanderson/careerstats?id=AND180512)passing.

LOL all you want.

dirk digler
01-02-2008, 12:49 AM
Aside from cdcox's relevant point that Joiner and the other coaches were the last vestiges of DV, I'm not sure Joiner is all that he's cracked up to be. He had success 15 years ago developing Buffalo's wide receivers, but the only guy we've had here that he did anything with was Bowe. Plus, he's old as dirt.

It was not like Joiner was given much to work with.

You can't make chicken salad with chicken shit

Count Alex's Losses
01-02-2008, 12:51 AM
It was not like Joiner was given much to work with.

You can't make chicken salad with chicken shit

That's true, but you have to figure Joiner had at least some input in who they drafted/signed to play wide receiver.

Anyway, I think the REAL reason is the offense will not resemble Coryell in any shape or form next year. Joiner was well versed in that system having played in it and coached it under DV for years.

The new OC will want to hire his own assistant coaches.

dirk digler
01-02-2008, 12:52 AM
That's true, but you have to figure Joiner had at least some input in who they drafted/signed to play wide receiver.

Anyway, I think the REAL reason is the offense will not resemble Coryell in any shape or form next year. Joiner was well versed in that system having played in it and coached it under DV for years.

The new OC will want to hire his own assistant coaches.

I agree.

Cochise
01-02-2008, 12:55 AM
Chiefsplanet often bears the stench of a bunch of people who think they know about football spouting what they think they know but learned from googling football stats.

Deberg_1990
01-02-2008, 12:57 AM
Any reason why Curl is still with the Chiefs??

Im thinking Carl and Pics??

Good god, im just going to go off myself now....

Count Alex's Losses
01-02-2008, 12:58 AM
Any reason why Curl is still with the Chiefs??

Herm and Curl are joined at the hip. Get used to it.

Bowser
01-02-2008, 12:59 AM

Anderson averaged 237 YPG (http://www.nfl.com/players/derekanderson/careerstats?id=AND180512)passing.

LOL all you want.

Anderson is not worth the #5 pick in the first and third round, period. I don't care how many yards he threw for. Put him on this team without Braylon Edwards, Jamal Lewis, Joe Jurevicious(sp?), and he has a season that resembles what Croyle had for us.

Deberg_1990
01-02-2008, 01:00 AM
Get used to it.

I dont have to. There are 31 better NFL franchises to root for im slowly realizing....

Der Flöprer

LMAO I is sure crying from laughing so ****ing hard after reading this.

Count Alex's Losses
I dont have to. There are 31 better NFL franchises to root for im slowly realizing....

You can wait Herm and Carl out. Two years and they will be out of here. You can do it!!! :cuss:

SPchief
01-02-2008, 01:04 AM

LOL all you want.

And threw 19 interceptions. How is he worth a 1st?

Deberg_1990
01-02-2008, 01:05 AM
You can wait Herm and Carl out. Two years and they will be out of here. You can do it!!! :cuss:

Perhaps.....but i might take a two year break for my own sanity....

Count Alex's Losses
01-02-2008, 01:22 AM
Oh, and I almost forgot to post this.

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/7775/17355294db2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

smittysbar
01-02-2008, 01:25 AM
He was very intelligent from what Holthus said but his arm strength is worse than Pennington's.

When I saw him at camp he looked like shit. But so did Huard and they started him?????????????????

Dylan
01-02-2008, 01:37 AM

I would seriously have to step away for awhile.

That is insane.

I'm wondering if Herm wants to reunite Hackett with Pennington? I hope not.

Hackett and Curl? I'm speechless.