PDA

View Full Version : Anybody notice Herm fired.......

MGRS13
01-02-2008, 08:19 AM
The rest of "D. Vermiels guys". Why hasn't the special teams coach been fired? Or Curl? Or any defensive coach? Read between the lines! "This year was all Vermiels fault." No way any coach brought in by Herm ever made a bad call. What a joke this is. Hes not cleaning house hes just replacing the broken furniture with the rest of his yard sale crap that he didn't get out of storage yet. We WILL be worse next year, what an absolute waste.

Brock
01-02-2008, 08:20 AM
Why wasn't Gunther fired?

HonestChieffan
01-02-2008, 08:23 AM
I wondered about the Def and Special teams...surely thats the next shoe to drop isnt it?

KCChiefsFan88
01-02-2008, 08:24 AM
This just confirms what we've known about Herm... he is an insecure piece of garbage. If you are going to clean house on offense, with regards to the coaching staff... then why not include Dick Curl? He has been a part of the offensive coaching staff (and apparently an integral part of the staff) during this 2 year nosedive.

thehead
01-02-2008, 08:25 AM
Same ol shit different day at 1 arrowhead drive!!! :mad:

HonestChieffan
01-02-2008, 08:25 AM
the days not over yet...i hope.

MGRS13
01-02-2008, 08:28 AM
Herm just used the whole thing as an excuse to get the rest of his guys in there. Notice NONE of his guys are being held responsible for there glaring failures. Oh well one more year of 2-3 wins and he will be gone. To bad we have to be the ones that suffer while he gets rich.

mikeyis4dcats.
01-02-2008, 08:28 AM
scapegoating DV once again

thehead
01-02-2008, 08:30 AM
I thought Clark was gonna hold a press conference ?

Skip Towne
01-02-2008, 08:31 AM
Herm just needs more time.

MGRS13
01-02-2008, 08:32 AM
scapegoating DV once again
It's always some one elses fault with Herm. I can't even respect the guy. WOW my favorite team has the biggest pussy in the NFL as a head coach only to follow it up with a guy who will never admit his faults. It's like having a teenage girl coach for 5 years and an alcholic for 2.

Woodrow Call
01-02-2008, 08:35 AM
He should have done this the first day on the job and had the coaches he wanted in place for the past 2 yrs.

jAZ
01-02-2008, 08:38 AM
The rest of "D. Vermiels guys". Why hasn't the special teams coach been fired? Or Curl? Or any defensive coach? Read between the lines! "This year was all Vermiels fault." No way any coach brought in by Herm ever made a bad call. What a joke this is. Hes not cleaning house hes just replacing the broken furniture with the rest of his yard sale crap that he didn't get out of storage yet. We WILL be worse next year, what an absolute waste.
Not that facts are applicable in this situation, but John Matsko was a Herm hire in 2006.

Carry on.

MGRS13
01-02-2008, 08:42 AM
Not that facts are applicable in this situation, but John Matsko was a Herm hire in 2006.

Carry on.If you don't think that Herm doesn't blame D.V. for this year you are not paying attention. Again why hasn't there been a change on S.T. For that matter how can you give any more of a chance to a guy who continually gave Eddie Drummond a roster spot? Spin it nwhatever way you want but HERM does not believe he is at fault for this year.

DaKCMan AP
01-02-2008, 08:47 AM
If you don't think that Herm doesn't blame D.V. for this year you are not paying attention. Again why hasn't there been a change on S.T. For that matter how can you give any more of a chance to a guy who continually gave Eddie Drummond a roster spot? Spin it nwhatever way you want but HERM does not believe he is at fault for this year.

So if further firings are announced in the coming days/weeks we can expect another thread from you minus all the whining?

Mr. Laz
01-02-2008, 08:50 AM
i thought the same thing ..... he still blames DV

we fire all the coaches from the remaining "good offense" and keep all the guys that were on the job when the offense went to shit.

Brilliant!!!!!!!

ceebz
01-02-2008, 08:50 AM
The balance of power has shifted.

MGRS13
01-02-2008, 08:52 AM
[QUOTE=DaKCMan AP]So if further firings are announced in the coming days/weeks we can expect another thread from you minus all the whining?[/QUOTELook you can call it what you want. I just want the top of this team to be held accountable. Why wouldn't all of the firings happen at the same time? What kind of a head coach wouldn't think the S.T. in KC are not a mess. Sorry I upset you with my knocks on Herm, but he sucks.

DaKCMan AP
01-02-2008, 08:54 AM
[QUOTE=DaKCMan AP]So if further firings are announced in the coming days/weeks we can expect another thread from you minus all the whining?[/QUOTELook you can call it what you want. I just want the top of this team to be held accountable. Why wouldn't all of the firings happen at the same time? What kind of a head coach wouldn't think the S.T. in KC are not a mess. Sorry I upset you with my knocks on Herm, but he sucks.

It's not at all possible that they're doing evaluations unit by unit and they finished with the offense and made their cuts. Just playing devil's advocate here, but they might not have completed their evaluations of the D or STs yet.

Kind of like how Miami fired Randy Mueller but haven't released a decision about Cameron or the other coaches yet.

Mr. Laz
01-02-2008, 08:57 AM
It's not at all possible that they're doing evaluations unit by unit and they finished with the offense and made their cuts. Just playing devil's advocate here, but they might not have completed their evaluations of the D or STs yet.

Kind of like how Miami fired Randy Mueller but haven't released a decision about Cameron or the other coaches yet.
and it just so happens that after all their knowledgeable offensive evaluation they fired all the guys from the previous coaching staff that actually have shown they can succeed ...... but kept all the guys that have sucked ass here?

puleeze

Herm didn't evaluate .... he got rid of all that guys that were still standing in the way of him going full blown Martyball.

DaKCMan AP
01-02-2008, 09:02 AM
and it just so happens that after all their knowledgeable offensive evaluation they fired all the guys from the previous coaching staff that actually have shown they can succeed ...... but kept all the guys that have sucked ass here?

puleeze

Herm didn't evaluate .... he got rid of all that guys that were still standing in the way of him going full blown Martyball.

Not saying we should have kept Curl, but he did fire one of his guys - Matsko. Claiming that he kept all of his guys and only fired the DV holdovers is inaccurate.

MGRS13
01-02-2008, 09:02 AM

I'll give you that IF they hire an O.C. that is not Hackett(or another of the 1 yd outs club). But sorry I have 0 faith in Herm. You can call it whining if you want but so far this guy hasn't proved hes got the mind power to make a good head coach.

Rausch
01-02-2008, 09:03 AM

Well, this Saunders/Martyball bastardization of an offense sure as hell wasn't working.

MGRS13
01-02-2008, 09:04 AM
Not saying we should have kept Curl, but he did fire one of his guys - Matsko. Claiming that he kept all of his guys and only fired the DV holdovers is inaccurate.Hes 1-3 ok feel better now. How can you argue that he hasn't used D.V. as an excuse this year.

Mr. Laz
01-02-2008, 09:06 AM
Not saying we should have kept Curl, but he did fire one of his guys - Matsko. Claiming that he kept all of his guys and only fired the DV holdovers is inaccurate.
thanks for reading Jaz's post ROFL

you're just reaching for bullshit now .... what possible reason would he have for firing james Saxon?

so he just happen to fire all of vermeil's guys + 1 ...

woo woo that's a stretch to figure out. He couldn't keep the offensive line coach no matter what after this year.

DaKCMan AP
Hes 1-3 ok feel better now. How can you argue that he hasn't used D.V. as an excuse this year.

I wasn't aware that I was making that argument.

HonestChieffan
Let the days to come work through. This cannot be the end, just the beginning.

Mr. Laz
01-02-2008, 09:07 AM
Well, this Saunders/Martyball bastardization of an offense sure as hell wasn't working.
true ..... so let's keep the half that's guaranteed to be 20 years out of date.

DaKCMan AP
01-02-2008, 09:07 AM
Let the days to come work through. This cannot be the end, just the beginning.

That's all I'm saying. If we haven't made any other changes and we're into February-March, then start screaming.

Mr. Laz
01-02-2008, 09:08 AM
I wasn't aware that I was making that argument.
nope .. guess not

just nagging
So if further firings are announced in the coming days/weeks we can expect another thread from you minus all the whining?

Rausch
01-02-2008, 09:09 AM
true ..... so let's keep the half that's guaranteed to be 20 years out of date.

I don't think it's about being out of date. I think it's about not being a clueless ****ing moron when it's time to make a critical decision/call in a game. Our play calling and decision making in crunch time this year SUCKED. Solari, Herm, I don't know but it was disgusting...

Mr. Laz
01-02-2008, 09:10 AM
That's all I'm saying. If we haven't made any other changes and we're into February-March, then start screaming.
because February-march is too late

the quality of replacement candidates available will start dropping soon

DaKCMan AP
01-02-2008, 09:11 AM
because February-march is too late

the quality of replacement candidates available will start dropping soon

Yes, February-March is too late, which is why it would be appropriate to be irate. I'm not going to get all pissed off because we haven't made every single change within 1 week of the season ending. Give it a little bit of time.

MGRS13
01-02-2008, 09:15 AM
Yes, February-March is too late, which is why it would be appropriate to be irate. I'm not going to get all pissed off because we haven't made every single change within 1 week of the season ending. Give it a little bit of time.For most teams I would agree with you, it would be doing somethin just to do something. This team is different. Fireing every coach on the staff wouldn't be looked at as panic for this team it would be looked at as a just cause.

Mr. Laz
01-02-2008, 09:15 AM
Yes, February-March is too late, which is why it would be appropriate to be irate. I'm not going to get all pissed off because we haven't made every single change within 1 week of the season ending. Give it a little bit of time.
oh i see ... so we should be pissed AFTER it's too late.

then you would just claim hindsight

never changes ......

if you anticipate a problem then your a whiny chicken little.

if you remind of the problem afterwards then it's "hindsight"

go ahead and bury your head in the sand .... Carl luvs you for it.

HonestChieffan
01-02-2008, 09:17 AM
The sky is falling the sky is falling!!!!

MGRS13
01-02-2008, 09:18 AM
Dude the sky fell 3 months ago.

Mr. Laz
01-02-2008, 09:19 AM
see

King_Chief_Fan
01-02-2008, 09:26 AM

seems quite odd doesn't it? The 2006 team with DV coaches and players seemed to do o.k. It wasn't until Herm's second year when he started tinkering and screwing things up that got us where we are today. Those guys should be glad they got fired. They can't be the blame next year and the only constant from 2007 and 2008 will be Herm and his boys.

kc rush
01-02-2008, 09:34 AM
Those guys should be glad they got fired. They can't be the blame next year and the only constant from 2007 and 2008 will be Herm and his boys.

Unfortunately, if the team fails in 2008 it will be because "We have a new coaching staff and they haven't worked all of the kinks out yet. Herm needs one more year" Blah.

DaKCMan AP
01-02-2008, 09:35 AM
Unfortunately, if the team fails in 2008 it will be because "We have a new coaching staff and they haven't worked all of the kinks out yet. Herm needs one more year" Blah.

Ooh, nice. Let me write that down for future use.

Chiefnj2
01-02-2008, 09:37 AM
go ahead and bury your head in the sand .... Carl luvs you for it.

But first make sure you send in your check for your 2008 season tickets.

- Signed, Carl Peterson.

Chiefnj2
01-02-2008, 09:38 AM
Ooh, nice. Let me write that down for future use.

Mark it down, a new offensive scheme will be one of Herm's favorite excuses.

MGRS13
01-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Well if the news out of arrowhead is to be believed and Herm is done firing is it ok to say what a bunch of jackasses are running the show or is it still just whining?

Frankie
01-02-2008, 11:58 AM
The silver lininig is, if Herm is keeping the likes of Dick Curl and the ST coach we will have them only one year. Herm is playing with matches holding on to such utter incompetence.

Frankie
01-02-2008, 11:58 AM
The silver lininig is, if Herm is keeping the likes of Dick Curl and the ST coach we will have them only one year. Herm is playing with matches holding on to such utter incompetence.

DaKCMan AP
01-02-2008, 12:00 PM
you could say that again...oh wait.

Frankie
01-02-2008, 12:01 PM
Wuhappened?!!

FAX
01-02-2008, 12:02 PM

That and the fact that young players make mistakes and cause gobs of flustration, Mr. Chiefnj2. He's already practicing that one.

FAX

King_Chief_Fan
01-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Well if the news out of arrowhead is to be believed and Herm is done firing is it ok to say what a bunch of jackasses are running the show or is it still just whining?

no it is not......it is an expert analysis of the information that has been provided, plus what we have seen with our own eyes.

Mr. Laz
01-02-2008, 12:34 PM
they only real upside about his is if these were just initial fires and he will let the new O.C. decide whether or not to keep the rest.

he's gonna let Dick Curl interview for the O.C. position so he didn't fire him ......... yet.

Dylan
01-02-2008, 12:35 PM
I wondered about the Def and Special teams...surely thats the next shoe to drop isnt it?

Herm will drop that shoe next year.

He likes to milk it for all it's worth... :shake:

Count Zarth
01-02-2008, 12:36 PM
he's gonna let Dick Curl interview for the O.C. position.

No, he's not.

Mr. Laz
01-02-2008, 12:45 PM
No, he's not.
go **** yourself

HemiEd
01-02-2008, 12:46 PM
No, he's not.

I sure hope you are right on this one.

Mr. Laz
01-02-2008, 12:51 PM
I sure hope you are right on this one.
oh shit ...... he throws shit against the wall and hopes one sticks.

claims to know all the stuff but it wrong virtually everytime he opens his yap.

solari is a better O.C. than he is a reporter

DaKCMan AP
01-02-2008, 12:55 PM
solari is a better O.C. than he is a reporter

To be fair, Solari actually held the title of OC. Goatcheese has never been a reporter.

FAX
01-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Has Iron Dick Curl ever actually been an OC?

FAX

Mr. Laz
01-02-2008, 12:58 PM
To be fair, Solari actually held the title of OC. Goatcheese has never been a reporter.
sorry ..... my bad

Rausch
01-02-2008, 01:03 PM

LMAO

HemiEd
01-02-2008, 01:09 PM
ROFL

sedated
01-02-2008, 01:24 PM

MGRS13
01-02-2008, 02:11 PM
You are forgetting those are his guys, come on don't you see this whole year is DV's fault.

Rausch
01-02-2008, 02:16 PM
You are forgetting those are his guys, come on don't you see this whole year is DV's fault.

I'd blame Carl/DV for our complete lack of depth everywhere other than HB. They signed players to win now and then couldn't draft worth a $#it...

OnTheWarpath58
01-02-2008, 02:22 PM
This place continues to amaze.....

So he does exactly what everyone want him to do, which is hand out pink slips, but now, people are pissy because it was the wrong guys?

Could you imagine the outrage had he fired NO ONE?

Holy ****, this guy is in a lose-lose situation with some of you.

Personally, I don't give a shit whether they were DV's guys, or Herm's guys, or Carl's guys. Changes needed to me made. Some of you act like this kind of thing is exclusive to the Kansas City Chiefs.

It's not. Guys without ties to the HC are usually the first to go in any organization. It makes the decision a hell of a lot easier when they don't get the job done.

Mecca
01-02-2008, 02:23 PM
If they wanna fire those guys, fine no issue from me but keeping the special teams coach is ridiculous.

OnTheWarpath58
01-02-2008, 02:30 PM
If they wanna fire those guys, fine no issue from me but keeping the special teams coach is ridiculous.

I'll say this.

The coverage units did improve, IMO.

The return units took a HUGE step back.

I'm guessing that because of the fact that coverage was good, they are willing to give him another shot with a real kick returner. Having Eddie Drummond forced on you by Carl isn't gonna make anyone look good.

And I'll point out again, as ChiefsCountry and BRC can attest to, there WAS blocking for Drummond this year, he just missed the holes. They know this, and think if they can get a legit return man,they will see a noticeable difference.

FAX
01-02-2008, 02:30 PM

So he does exactly what everyone want him to do, which is hand out pink slips, but now, people are pissy because it was the wrong guys?

Personally, I don't give a shit whether they were DV's guys, or Herm's guys, or Carl's guys. Changes needed to me made. Some of you act like this kind of thing is exclusive to the Kansas City Chiefs.

It's not. Guys without ties to the HC are usually the first to go in any organization. It makes the decision a hell of a lot easier when they don't get the job done.

I don't know, Mr. OnTheWarpath58. Sure, turnover was necessary and most welcome. But we kept Iron Dick Curl and whoever the numbskull is who's in charge of bad field position.

It's like flushing the toilet and all the water goes out, but the poot's still there. When that happens, you have to re-flush but before you can re-flush, you have to wait for the tank to fill back up and, in the meantime, you're standing there smelling poot and looking at poot and you're just hoping that the re-flush will take care of the problem but in the back of your mind you know that maybe the toilet's broken because somebody's been storing 40 ouncers in the tank and you're going to wind up having to call a plumber and it's going to take hours for him to show up and that poot smell is going to be everywhere and you don't have any fabreeze in the crib, peep.

FAX

dirk digler
01-02-2008, 02:32 PM
I'll say this.

I'm guessing that because of the fact that coverage was good, they are willing to give him another shot with a real kick returner. Having Eddie Drummond forced on you by Carl isn't gonna make anyone look good.

And I'll point out again, as ChiefsCountry and BRC can attest to, there WAS blocking for Drummond this year, he just missed the holes. They know this, and think if they can get a legit return man,they will see a noticeable difference.

It is just not the return units we went through 3 kickers and one was draft pick

seclark
01-02-2008, 02:34 PM
but in the back of your mind you know that maybe the toilet's broken because somebody's been storing 40 ouncers in the tank

FAX
'sup?

King_Chief_Fan
01-02-2008, 02:35 PM
I don't know, Mr. OnTheWarpath58. Sure, turnover was necessary and most welcome. But we kept Iron Dick Curl and whoever the numbskull is who's in charge of bad field position.

It's like flushing the toilet and all the water goes out, but the poot's still there. When that happens, you have to re-flush but before you can re-flush, you have to wait for the tank to fill back up and, in the meantime, you're standing there smelling poot and looking at poot and you're just hoping that the re-flush will take care of the problem but in the back of your mind you know that maybe the toilet's broken because somebody's been storing 40 ouncers in the tank and you're going to wind up having to call a plumber and it's going to take hours for him to show up and that poot smell is going to be everywhere and you don't have any fabreeze in the crib, peep.

FAX

ROFL you are to another great year there Mr. Fax.

MGRS13
01-02-2008, 02:36 PM
I'll say this.

Going through 3 kickers isn't a good sign either. I believe Drummond was brought in at the urging of the ST's coach, I'm pretty sure they had some connection.

OnTheWarpath58
01-02-2008, 02:40 PM

FAX

Beautiful analogy.

I pointed out what I THINK they are thinking about Priefer in the previous post. Doesn't make it right, but at the same time, I'm not gonna get all worked up over it, because I have no control over it.

Regarding Curl:

I think people with an anti-Herm bias have assumed Curl has way more responsibility than he actually does. Then again, these people think that Herm Edwards calls the plays. So that speaks for itself.

The guy is the assistant HC. He's not going anywhere until Herm does.

This shouldn't be a huge surprise to anyone.

MGRS13
01-02-2008, 02:40 PM

It's not just who he fired it's also who he didn't fire. After 6 weeks into the season this defense started to suck anyone responsible for giving up 200 yds rushing to the Jets shouldn't be back. And If you think the ST's coach deserves another year then you should be on Herms xmas card list cause you MUST be the guy that "got over it."

Mr. Laz
01-02-2008, 02:41 PM

FAX
ROFL ROFL

brilliant

OnTheWarpath58
01-02-2008, 02:42 PM
It is just not the return units we went through 3 kickers and one was draft pick

And that all falls on HIS head?

Are you forgetting who our GM is?

You know, the guy who can't keep his hands out of the ****ing cookie jar?

The guy who demanded we start a 34 year old journeyman QB instead of developing the youngster?

The guy who has fought tooth-and-nail to avoid rebuilding at all costs?

Mr. Laz
01-02-2008, 02:43 PM

yea ... shame on the fans for wanting the "right" guys fired when they should just be happy with whatever "firing" that get ............ i bet true fans are happy.

OnTheWarpath58
01-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Going through 3 kickers isn't a good sign either. I believe Drummond was brought in at the urging of the ST's coach, I'm pretty sure they had some connection.

You have nothing to back that up, other than throwing it out there to benefit your argument.

OnTheWarpath58
01-02-2008, 02:48 PM
yea ... shame on the fans for wanting the "right" guys fired when they should just be happy with whatever "firing" that get ............ i bet true fans are happy.

Shame on the fans my ass, Laz.

Please don't lump yourself in with all the overreacting folks.

So, these firings are only acceptable if Dick Curl is included in the group?

The guy who had the least to do with the offense production?

The guy is an assistant HC and coaches the QB's. You'd think he was the one up in the booth calling plays, for Christ sake.

The sad part is, there are people here that ACTUALLY believe that.

MGRS13
01-02-2008, 02:52 PM
You have nothing to back that up, other than throwing it out there to benefit your argument.
So where is your proof that Drummond was the sole decision of Carl.

dirk digler
01-02-2008, 02:52 PM
And that all falls on HIS head?

Are you forgetting who our GM is?

You know, the guy who can't keep his hands out of the ****ing cookie jar?

The guy who demanded we start a 34 year old journeyman QB instead of developing the youngster?

The guy who has fought tooth-and-nail to avoid rebuilding at all costs?

You will not get any disagreement from me on any of that.

But the ST coach should have been fired and Curl should have too but he is Herm's personal ball washer.

dirk digler
01-02-2008, 02:54 PM

The guy is an assistant HC and coaches the QB's. You'd think he was the one up in the booth calling plays, for Christ sake.

The sad part is Herm let go the O-Line coach, WR coach. RB coach but the one position that struggled the most was the QB's but that coach ends up being safe.

Mr. Laz
01-02-2008, 02:55 PM

no ... i think Curl has schmoozed his way into keeping his job by playing to herm's ego and giving him the occasional reach around.

i think Saxon is the only guy to come close in actually doing his job on offense.

i think it shows that Herm the dumbass that we all are beginning to fear he is ..... a guy that keep friends over the qualified.

FAX
01-02-2008, 02:56 PM
... So, these firings are only acceptable if Dick Curl is included in the group? ....

Look, Mr. OnTheWarpath58. Back in Salem, people knew deep down in their heart of hearts that some of those ladies weren't really witches, but they burned their asses anyhow and everybody felt a little better because of it.

All I'm asking for is that we set fire to Dick Curl. That's it.

FAX

MGRS13
01-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Heres the conection I was talking about, where is yours?
After Sunday’s practice, Chiefs special teams coach Mike Priefer was all smiles with the addition of Drummond. He’s familiar with the five-year veteran after his father, Chuck Priefer, coached him over the last 10 years.

“He brings experience and a lot of production,” said Priefer. “We heard a rumor that he might be cut in Detroit. We’ve been biding our team and waiting. Our personnel people did a great job watching the waiver wire, and as soon as he became available, we jumped on it.”

HemiEd
01-02-2008, 03:00 PM
no ... i think Curl has schmoozed his way into keeping his job by playing to herm's ego and giving him the occasional reach around.

i think Saxon is the only guy to come close in actually doing his job on offense.

i think it shows that Herm the dumbass that we all are beginning to fear he is ..... a guy that keep friends over the qualified.

I agree with all of your observations.

FAX
01-02-2008, 03:00 PM
The sad part is Herm let go the O-Line coach, WR coach. RB coach but the one position that struggled the most was the QB's but that coach ends up being safe.

I agree with this take, Mr. dirk digler. But, our run game hasn't been all that great either, which has affected the passing game as well.

Honestly, I think we should burn Dick Curl and get it over with. Ever since he showed up, things have gone to hell like in that movie where the guy jumped off the boat with a cannonball because all the crew thought he was bad luck and the very next day the wind came up and they were able to sail over to that wacky island with the aquatic iguanas.

FAX

dirk digler
01-02-2008, 03:04 PM
I agree with this take, Mr. dirk digler. But, our run game hasn't been all that great either, which has affected the passing game as well.

Honestly, I think we should burn Dick Curl and get it over with. Ever since he showed up, things have gone to hell like in that movie where the guy jumped off the boat with a cannonball because all the crew thought he was bad luck and the very next day the wind came up and they were able to sail over to that wacky island with the aquatic iguanas.

FAX

The whole offense struggled but the QB and the O-Line struggled the most yet the QB coach is safe and the O-Line coach gets fired.

If you get Curl and strap him to a pole I will light the mother****er up

KC Tattoo
01-02-2008, 03:09 PM
I thought Clark was gonna hold a press conference ?

This is a good question, anybody? Is Clark gonna address the public?

Woodrow Call
01-02-2008, 03:13 PM
This is a good question, anybody? Is Clark gonna address the public?

Last I heard Herm's is tomorrow and Clark is having one next week.

OnTheWarpath58
01-02-2008, 03:18 PM
So where is your proof that Drummond was the sole decision of Carl.

I have no proof, but I have Exhibit A:

19 years of similar behavior by none other than Carl Peterson.

OnTheWarpath58
01-02-2008, 03:22 PM

I can't speak to why Joiner was fired, other than Herm wanted new blood and a fresh message.

But you can't honestly say that the QB 's struggles this year were not in direct correlation with the fact that we had NO running game and a POROUS offensive line.

For all we know, they may bring someone in as a QB coach, and keep Curl as the Assistant HC. I'll admit, it's doubtful, but nothing would surprise me.

OnTheWarpath58
01-02-2008, 03:26 PM

See, that's the thing Laz. None of them are qualified, IMO.

If they aren't getting the job done, and the players have tuned out the message, then it's time to go. I think these firings have just as much to do with the players lack of respect, or tuning out as it does that they were "DV's guys."

I'm no fan of Dick Curl, but at the same time, I'm not a fan of trying to develop a QB with a new coach every year.

dirk digler
01-02-2008, 03:34 PM
But you can't honestly say that the QB 's struggles this year were not in direct correlation with the fact that we had NO running game and a POROUS offensive line.

I can't argue about that. You could also make the argument that because our QB's suck that teams stacked the line to stop the running game.

I would put in this order for which position was the worst. 1 being the worst

1. O-Line
2. QB's
3. WR's
4. RB's
5. TE's

KC Tattoo
01-02-2008, 05:12 PM
I can't argue about that. You could also make the argument that because our QB's suck that teams stacked the line to stop the running game.

I would put in this order for which position was the worst. 1 being the worst

1. O-Line
2. QB's
3. WR's
4. RB's
5. TE's

It's a shame though that a first year starting QB had to start with a Shitty O-line and untrustworthy WRs and rookie RBs and just about everyone on the Offense had his problems. Tony Gonzo was the only one who was adiquate and you could count on but even his last game he dropped balls that were right in his hands. It's not like Brodie even had a chance he had to go through his progressions if D Bowe or Tony wasn't open that leaves WEBB OR PARKER and an out Big Foot. If by chance he had more than three seconds before the rush would cave in on him he would make a play. Brodie was doomed for success with this porass O-line and crappy playcalling that did nothing to keep the defense guessing. I don't think any QB would have had a good year behind this O-line a veterane or a first year starter. So people can say the QBs sucked yes they did but there were plenty of problems before the QB could even have a chance. Huard was a lame duck QB and any young QB shouldn't have to learn to play "Pro" football on a JR varsity team. It's unfortunate that a young QB doesn't have a chance for success behind this O-line and Coaching and put on a crappy football team and yet he sucks becouse of it.

MGRS13
01-02-2008, 05:36 PM
I have no proof, but I have Exhibit A:

19 years of similar behavior by none other than Carl Peterson.
Well mine was based on fact of which I found the proof. So you in fact were just throwing things out to prove your argument.

OnTheWarpath58
01-02-2008, 05:43 PM
Well mine was based on fact of which I found the proof. So you in fact were just throwing things out to prove your argument.

There's no proof in that comment that Priefer was the one that brought Drummond in , only that he was happy when it happened because his father has coached him before. Nothing says that Preifer urged anyone to bring Drummond in.

But again, the move fits Carl Peterson's MO to a "T"

Neither of us have proof, because neither of us were in the room when it happened.

But I'd be willing to bet that most people think Carl had a hell of a lot more to do with Drummond being brought in than Priefer.

It's a moot point anyway.

Priefer is still here, but I'm not going to waste my time whining about it.

Enjoy your Sippio sig.

Simplex3
01-02-2008, 05:49 PM
Herm wasted his first two years with this franchise trying to placate the fans by keeping the circus offense. It didn't work and now the Chiefs need time to recover from keeping that crappy offense at the insistence of the retarded fans.

[/Gretz]

Count Zarth
01-02-2008, 09:45 PM
Dick Curl is not going to be OC. I can't believe this is even being discussed.