PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to see Bill Richardson speak in about 90 minutes

SNR
01-02-2008, 09:31 AM
If you've got a question and can get it off on here in time, I'd be happy to ask it for you, if I get a shot to ask it.

I know that's a lot of ifs... but just do it anyway.

jAZ
01-02-2008, 09:34 AM
Serious question, if you can find a polite way to ask.

Something like: "If you are unable to reach the required 15% in Iowa, which candidate would you encourage your supporters to caucus with?"

patteeu
01-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Ask him if he was excited to be drafted by Kansas City's baseball team or if he was disappointed because we're small market.

Hydrae
01-02-2008, 06:11 PM
So, how was it? We need feedback here!

SNR
01-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Serious question, if you can find a polite way to ask.

Something like: "If you are unable to reach the required 15% in Iowa, which candidate would you encourage your supporters to caucus with?"Didn't get a chance to talk to him, but I chatted with his wife 15 minutes before. She said there are several good Democrats out there in this race and mentioned Obama specifically. Take this word at face value.

There are a lot of things I like about this guy. He's experienced and he's smart. I do think Bill Richardson as president wouldn't be the worst thing in the world... for one, he would balance the budget. I like his policy on education, which is combining government service with tuition at a public university... one year of service equals two years of college paid. A lot of the other things he proposes seems a bit spend-thrift, such as mass rebuilding of public high schools and LOTS being spent to keep kids enrolled until they graduate.

But the guy is a diplomat. I think we'd get back a lot of respect in the world and we would once again be a nation of diplomacy. His record shows he's gotten the job done, regardless.

I've seen Obama and Hillary speak, but I think this guy is definitely my top donkey. I would definitely end up voting for him over someone like Huckabee.