PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Albert Haynesworth?

RedThat
01-02-2008, 10:04 AM
I know he is available in the off-season. Do you think a guy like him would be a good addition to the Chiefs Defensive line?

Heck, I think they could use a Defensive tackle? Plus, he is only 26 years old? Prolly gonna want a lot of money? But he is definately the best Defensive tackle available in the market.

FAX
01-02-2008, 10:05 AM
Big, giant kid. Dinged. Pursuing anger management therapy (make a note, Mr. Mecca). Brings a load. Could help us a bunch.

FAX

RedThat
01-02-2008, 10:07 AM
Big, giant kid. Dinged. Pursuing anger management therapy (make a note, Mr. Mecca). Brings a load. Could help us a bunch.

FAX

Mr. Fax,

I have no problem with anger management. In fact, I think it suits football quite nicely.

Mr. Laz
01-02-2008, 10:08 AM
i think he would of been a great pick instead of Ryan Sims

FAX
01-02-2008, 10:09 AM
Mr. Fax,

I have no problem with anger management. In fact, I think it suits football quite nicely.

I couldn't agree more, Mr. RedBull. Plus, he's taken an oath to stop cleating other guys in the face after the play.

FAX

Buehler445
01-02-2008, 10:11 AM
I think his contract will be ginormous. Not real sure if that is a deal killer, but he made some serious coin for himself with his play this year.

CupidStunt
01-02-2008, 10:13 AM
I'd love to sign him to a one-year contract every offseason for the next five years.

Other than that, nah.

FAX
01-02-2008, 10:16 AM
I think it's interesting that the Tacks have made a side business out of developing defensive linemen. Young ones, too. They bring them in, coach them up, and let them move on. They do it well and cost effectively.

It makes you wonder why we can't seem to develop a DT to save our colonoscopy recepticles.

FAX

FAX
01-02-2008, 10:17 AM
Wont hit free agency. Will either get a long term contract by TENN or be franchised.

In his 5 previous seasons he had avg to below avg #s. This yr (his contract yr) he really turned it up looking for his big payday. http://www.nfl.com/players/alberthaynesworth/profile?id=HAY746506

He is clearly head and shoulders better than any DT FA, but i question being able to keep him playing at a high level and after he gets a big contract.

I'm not so sure about that, Mr. findthedr. The part about him not making it to FA, I mean. I guess we'll find out.

FAX

DaKCMan AP
01-02-2008, 10:19 AM
I expect his play to slip once he receives major $$$$. His best season by far was in a contract year. Coincidence?

noa
01-02-2008, 10:23 AM
I just looked at the game logs for Tennessee's games 1-9, and their rush defense was ridiculous. Then Haynesworth misses the next three games and they start giving up over 150 yards per game rushing.

Micjones
01-02-2008, 10:25 AM
No thanks. Haynesworth is a beast, but I'd rather have Sedrick Ellis.

FAX
01-02-2008, 10:26 AM
I expect his play to slip once he receives major $$$$. His best season by far was in a contract year. Coincidence?

Probably not, Mr. DaKCMan AP. But, according to this titty graph I'm looking at, Albert at 50% is 500% better than what we have now.

FAX

Direckshun
01-02-2008, 10:27 AM
I don't know how old he is, but he's a franchise player you can build around. He was easily the best DT in the NFL this year.

No amount of money you could spend on him would be too much, I don't think. He gets Freeney money wherever he ends up.

Titans don't have much talent outside of him, and he made them look good. Put Haynesworth in this defense and we're Top 5.

DaKCMan AP
01-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Probably not, Mr. DaKCMan AP. But, according to this titty graph I'm looking at, Albert at 50% is 500% better than what we have now.

FAX

Sure, but is Albert at 50% worth $$$$$$$$$$? I'd rather invest in Jared Allen than Haynesworth. JA's a high-motor guy who I don't think will slack off because he got paid.

Adept Havelock
01-02-2008, 10:54 AM
No thanks. I'd rather put the money into keeping JA.

I've had no respect for Haynesworth since he raged out and ground his cleats into someones face.

The dumbass should have been expelled from the league for that, IMO.

FAX
01-02-2008, 10:59 AM
Sure, but is Albert at 50% worth $$$$$$$$$$? I'd rather invest in Jared Allen than Haynesworth. JA's a high-motor guy who I don't think will slack off because he got paid.

I'm not promoting the idea of signing Albert, Mr. DaKCMan AP. Just commenting on the situation. He takes plays off, there's no question about that. Besides, I'm unconvinced that as bad as our d-line is, DT is the place I'd look for an expensive FA. Right now, I'm more concerned with MLB.

FAX

Mr. Laz
01-02-2008, 11:05 AM
No thanks. Haynesworth is a beast, but I'd rather have Sedrick Ellis.
still thinking like a Carl disciple :shake:

how about BOTH ..... why not BOTH

we need to stop thinking about "getting by" and start thinking about domination.

Jared Allen
Albert Haynesworth
Alphonso boone - Sedick Ellis
Tamba Hali

Spicy McHaggis
01-02-2008, 11:06 AM
We have our own FA stud lineman who gives obscenely better effort and has a much better attitude. Haynesworth apparently is plenty motivated in a contract year but outside of that I've only seen lazy and mediocre play out of him. Paying Jared Allen should be the Chiefs first priority.

Direckshun
01-02-2008, 11:11 AM
We have our own FA stud lineman who gives obscenely better effort and has a much better attitude. Haynesworth apparently is plenty motivated in a contract year but outside of that I've only seen lazy and mediocre play out of him. Paying Jared Allen should be the Chiefs first priority.
lolz

Boone's played well this year but he doesn't give better effort than Haynesworth. Haynesworth can destroy OLs single-handedly. He demands a double- and triple-team every single down. Imagine Jared Allen with single-coverage for an entire game.

Haynesworth is not mediocre, even when he's "down." He's the best DT in the NFL, he fits the Cover 2 scheme, and he can elevate our defense to the Top 5 if we acquire him.

Rausch
01-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Pass.

We need to keep paying average money to average players and aim for an average record. Every year. Forever...

Direckshun
01-02-2008, 11:14 AM
we need to stop thinking about "getting by" and start thinking about domination.

Jared Allen
Albert Haynesworth
Alphonso boone - Sedick Ellis
Tamba Hali
I like what you're thinking but the Chiefs aren't going to drop major coin on a FA this offseason.

Chiefnj2
01-02-2008, 11:14 AM
Beware of players that have good years in contract years only.

Mr. Laz
01-02-2008, 11:15 AM
I like what you're thinking but the Chiefs aren't going to drop major coin on a DT this offseason.
you're probably right

FAX
01-02-2008, 11:17 AM
lolz

Boone's played well this year but he doesn't give better effort than Haynesworth. Haynesworth can destroy OLs single-handedly. He demands a double- and triple-team every single down. Imagine Jared Allen with single-coverage for an entire game.

Haynesworth is not mediocre, even when he's "down." He's the best DT in the NFL, he fits the Cover 2 scheme, and he can elevate our defense to the Top 5 if we acquire him.

Well, he does have a rap for being "lazy", Mr. Direckshun. Around here, at least. And, he does take plays off. There's no question about that.

Actually, when you think about it, we're back where we were last season ... still trying to figure out how you run a C2-based defense with nominal play from the interior d-line. Ultimately, we haven't made much progress in that area.

FAX

Direckshun
01-02-2008, 11:18 AM
Beware of players that have good years in contract years only.
He's been damn good for years, actually.

Direckshun
01-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Well, he does have a rap for being "lazy", Mr. Direckshun. Around here, at least. And, he does take plays off. There's no question about that.

Actually, when you think about it, we're back where we were last season ... still trying to figure out how you run a C2-based defense with nominal play from the interior d-line. Ultimately, we haven't made much progress in that area.
Gets frustrating, doesn't it? We added Boone and we drafted a couple young promising guys, but 1/3 won't fix what was a horrific DT corps.

Haynesworth is a sure thing, and he does demand double-teams and triple-teams, and you're going to see Turk and Tank's play elevate immediately once they start seeing single-coverage every single down.

Chiefnj2
01-02-2008, 11:29 AM
He's been damn good for years, actually.

Actually, he hasn't. In fact, he can rarely play a complete season.

Mr. Laz
01-02-2008, 11:41 AM
Career Stats more
Season Team
G GS Total Solo Ast Sck Pass def
2007 Tennessee Titans 13 12 40 32 8 6.0 4
2006 Tennessee Titans 11 10 30 23 7 2.0 2
2005 Tennessee Titans 14 14 52 36 16 3.0 1
2004 Tennessee Titans 10 10 36 25 11 1.0 2
2003 Tennessee Titans 12 11 32 21 11 2.5 4
2002 Tennessee Titans 16 3 30 21 9 1.0 3

Fat Elvis
01-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Pass.

We need to keep paying superstar money to average players and aim for an average record. Every year. Forever...

Fixed it.

Chiefmanwillcatch
01-02-2008, 11:57 AM
there would have to be some stipulations in the contract.

BigChiefFan
01-02-2008, 12:41 PM
Haynesworth is one of the best DTs in the game. If we can get him and Lilja we will be off to a great start in FA. How anybody thinks we are set at DT is beyond me. Our run defense is horrid-Haynesworth is a run stopping beast. Quit with the pinching pennies mentality. We need to commit to IMPROVING for the long-term. Haynesworth could be a dominate DT for the next 5-10 years. He's worth the coin, more so than Lance Briggs.