PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The 2008 Chiefs Offseason Moves - Coaches, Draft, FA, and Rumors Updates

Pages : [1] 2

morphius
01-02-2008, 10:10 AM
I thought this was a great idea by ht last season, and since he is in lurker mode I figured I would go ahead and run in it. I'll try to update it as much as I can, and hopefully the other mods will keep it up to date as well.

This IS Not a discussion thread, but please post anything that seems to be missing and we will get it added, with sources!

Players:
Signings: FA Begins February 29
UDFA: (thanks jjchieffan)
DE Saint-Dic Jonal
DE Johnny Dingle
DL Jason Parker (Arizona)
DT Derek Lokey
DT James McClinton, Kansas (try out)
FB Mike Cox
K Connor Barth (UNC)
LB James Terry (Youngstown State)
LB Steve Octavien
LB SirDarean Adams (Michigan State)
OG Chris McDuffie
QB Ricky Santos
RB Kalvin McRae (Ohio)
S Ron Girault, Rutgers
S Pig Brown :mizzou:

SS Greg Hay, Toledo
WR Luke Swan (Wisconsin)
WR Sean Bailey (Georgia)
WR Brandon Breazell, U.C.L.A.
WR Jabari Arthur, Akron

FA:
T Wade Smith (NYJ)
FB John Paul Foschi (Raiders)
FB Manderino (Bengals) to a two-year deal
KR/PR B.J. Sams (Ravens)
WR Devard Darling (Ravens)
LB DeMorrio Williams (Falcons)
FB Oliver Hoyte (Cowboys) brought in off of Waivers
P Dustin Colquitt re-signed to a five-year deal
T Anthony Alabi (Dolphins) brought in off of Waivers
K Billy Cundiff 2/18/08
S Erick Harris 2/18/08
DT T.J. Jackson 2/18/08
CB Chad Johnson 2/18/08
T Joe Lobdell 2/18/08
K Nick Novak 2/18/08
G Rob Smith 2/18/08 - two-year contract

Trades:
Jared Allen traded to MN for a 1st round, 2 3rd round and a swap of the 6th round picks.

Cuts:
OL Chris Bober
OL John Welbourn
WR Eddie Kennison
CB Ty Law
LB Kendrell Bell
T James Reed
TE Jason Dunn

Chiefs 2008 FA's:
Boomer Grigsby - Signed with Miami
Will Svitek RFA
Samie Parker - Signed with Denver
Kris Wilson - Signed with the Eagles
Chris Terry
Kyle Turley
Casey Wiegmann - Signed with Denver
Jared Allen - Traded to MN
Jimmy Wilkerson - Signed with Tampa Bay
Keyaron Fox - Signed with Pittsburgh
Benny Sapp - Signed with MN
Eddie Drummond
John Carney

FA Visits/Rumors:
return man B.J. Sams

Rumor - New Orleans center Jeff Faine and Seattle kicker Josh Brown could come in tomorrow - Teicher 2/29
The Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl) have met with University of Kansas OT Anthony Collins (http://www.kffl.com/player/18299/nfl).
Rumor - McNabb and Pennington to stay with their current teams - CBS Pregame show. discuss here (http://67.18.68.69/BB/showthread.php?t=178194)
Rumor - Chiefs signed 2 kickers Billy Cundiff and Nick Novak - Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan (so a rumor until we get a trustworthy source)

Draft:
Round: 1
Glenn Dorsey, DT LSU
Branden Albert, G/T Virginia

Round: 2
Brandon Flowers, CB Virginia Tech

Round: 3
Jamaal Charles, RB Texas
Brad Cottam, TE Tennessee
DaJuan Morgan, S North Carolina State

Round: 4
Will Franklin, WR Missouri

Round: 5
Brandon Carr, CB Grand Valley State

Round: 6
Barry Richardson, OL Clemson
Kevin Robinson, WR Utah State

Round: 7
Brian Johnston, DE Gardner-Webb
Michael Merritt, TE Central Florida

Coaching/Front Office:
Hires:
Joe D'Alessandris to the staff as assistant offensive line coach
Texas-El Paso offensive coordinator Eric Price hired as WR Coach
Curtis Modkins hired as running backs
Chan Gailey Hired Teicher (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/447546.html)
Bob Bicknell hired as offensive-line coach, he was the Chiefs’ assistant offensive-line coach last season. Teicher (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/451312.html)
Gunther takes over duties as LB Coach along with his DC duties.

Fired:
Mike Solari (offensive coordinator) - Teicher KC Star
John Matsko (offensive line) - Teicher KC Star
Charlie Joiner (wide receivers) - Teicher KC Star
James Saxon (running backs) - Teicher KC Star
(http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/google.com)

FAX
01-02-2008, 10:20 AM
Can you start rumors here, Mr. morphius? Or, do they have to be started somewhere else?

FAX

Direckshun
01-02-2008, 10:23 AM
There should be a rumor entry, because I've read rumors involving Hackett, the UTEP guy, and the zone blocking scheme.

morphius
01-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Can you start rumors here, Mr. morphius? Or, do they have to be started somewhere else?

FAX
We would prefer that if you are the one starting it that you just keep it in your head, where you can entertain a slight giggle to yourself when you think about it.

morphius
01-02-2008, 10:41 AM
There should be a rumor entry, because I've read rumors involving Hackett, the UTEP guy, and the zone blocking scheme.
Can you give me names with sources? But I'm not going to add Hackett unless I'm absolutely forced to.

Direckshun
01-02-2008, 11:29 AM
Teicher.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=177857

|Zach|
01-02-2008, 11:59 AM
For the rumor category..

In Mort's chat this morning he mentioned that he thinks Alex Gibbs will be hired by KC to install the zone blocking scheme.

"David (Overland Park, KS): Who do you think fills the OC role on the Chiefs now that Solari has been let go? I remember reading that they're going to begin utilizing the Denver zone blocking scheme. Think it'll be someone from there?

Chris Mortensen: (11:47 AM ET ) Here's what I have heard and I'll share it for the first time: Herm Edwards wants to bring in Alex Gibbs to install that zone-blocking scheme. That's probably what will happen."

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=18655

Woodrow Call
01-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Getting Alex Gibbs would be outstanding.

dr00d
01-02-2008, 12:55 PM
I heard trent green was retiring.

BigChiefFan
01-02-2008, 01:02 PM
The rumor is the Chiefs will pursue Cam Cameron as offensive coordinator. The Chiefs are also very keen on pursuing Lilja and Haynesworth.

Started my own rumor.

dr00d
01-02-2008, 01:19 PM
I heard trent green was retiring.

whoops =-repost.

Direckshun
01-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Hey, while we're at it, can we throw the Draft forum into being one of those Lounge subforums?

That Draft forum was a highlight last year -- this year it's been slow and dull.

OnTheWarpath58
01-02-2008, 01:57 PM
The rumor is the Chiefs will pursue Cam Cameron as offensive coordinator. The Chiefs are also very keen on pursuing Lilja and Haynesworth.

Started my own rumor.

And a bad one at that.

:p

BigChiefFan
01-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Clark will fire Carl at the end of the Super Bowl.

Woodrow Call
01-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Hey, while we're at it, can we throw the Draft forum into being one of those Lounge subforums?

That Draft forum was a highlight last year -- this year it's been slow and dull.

I agree. Its time to put Draft Planet on the front page.

morphius
01-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Draft planet always goes up at the same time, after the betting stuff is done, which is right after the superbowl.

OnTheWarpath58
01-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Draft planet always goes up at the same time, after the betting stuff is done, which is right after the superbowl.

I know, but if that's the case, then at least the effort should be made to move threads like these to DraftPlanet, instead of cluttering up the front page. JMO.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=177922

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=177825

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=177905

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=177833

Tribal Warfare
01-02-2008, 04:32 PM
When will the draft forum move into the lounge?

Extra Point
01-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Carl will fire Clark at the end of the Super Bowl.

fyp

John_Wayne
01-02-2008, 05:27 PM
I thought this was a great idea by ht last season, and since he is in lurker mode I figured I would go ahead and run in it. I'll try to update it as much as I can, and hopefully the other mods will keep it up to date as well.

This IS Not a discussion thread, but please post anything that seems to be missing and we will get it added, with sources!

Players:
Signings:

Cuts:

Chiefs 2008 FA's:
Boomer Grigsby RFA
Will Svitek RFA
Samie Parker
Kris Wilson
Chris Terry
Kyle Turley
Casey Wiegmann
Jared Allen
Jimmy Wilkerson
Keyaron Fox
Benny Sapp
Eddie Drummond
John Carney

FA Visits/Rumors:

Coaching/Front Office:
Hires:

Fired:
Mike Solari (offensive coordinator) - Teicher KC Star
John Matsko (offensive line) - Teicher KC Star
Charlie Joiner (wide receivers) - Teicher KC Star
James Saxon (running backs) - Teicher KC Star

Visits/Rumors:
Rumor - Herm Edwards wants to bring in Alex Gibbs to install that zone-blocking scheme. - Chris Mortensen ESPN (http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=18655)

Draft:
Current Draft Position is either 4th or 5th depending on outcome of coin toss between Oakland and Atlanta, and subsequent toss if Oakland wins. If Oakland loses the flip we draft 5th, otherwise we have a coin flip with Atlanta with the winner getting 4th.

Here's my list:

Boomer Grigsby - keep
Will Svitek - keep
Samie Parker - cut or trade
Kris Wilson - keep
Chris Terry - cut
Kyle Turley - cut
Casey Wiegmann - cut or trade
Jared Allen - give him a big fat contract
Jimmy Wilkerson - I don't care either way
Keyaron Fox - cut or trade
Benny Sapp - keep
Eddie Drummond - cut, cut, cut, cut!
John Carney - cut

Direckshun
01-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Boomer Grigsby - Have him sign his tender and bring him to River Falls. Let him earn it from there.
Will Svitek - Cut.
Samie Parker - Cut.
Kris Wilson - Cut. If we keep him, he better earn it in River Falls, otherwise lose him.
Chris Terry - Already gone.
Kyle Turley - Cut.
Casey Wiegmann - Cut.
Jared Allen - Keep.
Jimmy Wilkerson - Vet min, bring him to River Falls and see if he earns it.
Keyaron Fox - Cut.
Benny Sapp - Keep.
Eddie Drummond - Cut.
John Carney - Cut.

FAX
01-02-2008, 08:28 PM

Started my own rumor.

Wait just a whang dang ding dong dinkle here, Mr. BigChiefFan.

Mr. morphius says I can't start any rumors but it's okay for you?

FAX

morphius
01-02-2008, 08:29 PM
I know, but if that's the case, then at least the effort should be made to move threads like these to DraftPlanet, instead of cluttering up the front page. JMO.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=177922

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=177825

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=177905

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=177833
I don't mind the cluttering up of the front page with football related threads :D

I honestly wish there was a way that the threads could live well in both, draft planet just making it easy to find it through a lot of the other clutter.

BigChiefFan
01-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Boomer Grigsby - Have him sign his tender and bring him to River Falls. Let him earn it from there.
Will Svitek - Cut.
Samie Parker - Cut.
Kris Wilson - Cut. If we keep him, he better earn it in River Falls, otherwise lose him.
Chris Terry - Already gone.
Kyle Turley - Cut.
Casey Wiegmann - Cut.
Jared Allen - Keep.
Jimmy Wilkerson - Vet min, bring him to River Falls and see if he earns it.
Keyaron Fox - Cut.
Benny Sapp - Keep.
Eddie Drummond - Cut.
John Carney - Cut.
Agreed. I would just add, that Sapp would need to be signed at or near the vet minimum as well, but spot on regarding the players to keep and let go. Grigsby needs to be pushed out the door or earn the job, no more fan favorite crap. I consider him a long-shot to make the team, but I'd give him a shot. You either perform or you look for work elsewhere.

BigChiefFan
01-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Wait just a whang dang ding dong dinkle here, Mr. BigChiefFan.

Mr. morphius says I can't start any rumors but it's okay for you?

FAXClark will sell his portion of the team to BigChiefFan ...so it's defintely okay. :)

a1na2
01-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Can we post "wish" rumors here?

My wish rumor is that Clark determines that a hybrid coaching staff will not work and cleans house. GM down. Stars completely over. Give the new GM and HC the opportunity to build their staff from the ground up.

a1na2
01-02-2008, 09:09 PM
http://www.kolnkgin.com/sports/headlines/12991292.html

The Kansas City Chiefs are searching for a new offensive coordinator, and it could be Bill Callahan. Callahan is rumored to be on the Chiefs short-list of candidates, after previous offensive coordinator Mike Solari is fired. Solari was one of 4 KC assistants let go on Wednesday.

While Callahan's career took a recent nose-dive in the college ranks at Nebraska, he has a proven track record in the NFL. Callahan led the Oakland Raiders to Super Bowl XXXVII. At the time, he was regarded as one of the top offensive minds in the league.

Other Chiefs offensive coordinator candidates include Brian Billick, Mike Martz, and Mike Shula, among others.

OnTheWarpath58
01-02-2008, 09:14 PM
http://www.kolnkgin.com/sports/headlines/12991292.html

The Kansas City Chiefs are searching for a new offensive coordinator, and it could be Bill Callahan. Callahan is rumored to be on the Chiefs short-list of candidates, after previous offensive coordinator Mike Solari is fired. Solari was one of 4 KC assistants let go on Wednesday.

While Callahan's career took a recent nose-dive in the college ranks at Nebraska, he has a proven track record in the NFL. Callahan led the Oakland Raiders to Super Bowl XXXVII. At the time, he was regarded as one of the top offensive minds in the league.

Other Chiefs offensive coordinator candidates include Brian Billick, Mike Martz, and Mike Shula, among others.

Damn, I wish I worked for a news outlet where I could just print whatever the hell I want as fact.

There is no such thing as journalism anymore.

Priest4Prez
01-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Boomer Grigsby - unless we get a decent fullback in the draft, keep for now and have him earn it in camp
Will Svitek - Cut, and should've been cut already
Samie Parker - I say keep, I think he earned it this year
Kris Wilson - Depends on the gonzo situation, or FB situation. camp cut
Chris Terry - Cut
Kyle Turley - Cut.
Casey Wiegmann - trade
Jared Allen - Keep. plz
Jimmy Wilkerson - keep
Keyaron Fox - Cut.
Benny Sapp - Keep. definately
Eddie Drummond - Cut. now!
John Carney - trade for Morten Anderson

a1na2
01-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Damn, I wish I worked for a news outlet where I could just print whatever the hell I want as fact.

There is no such thing as journalism anymore.

Are you confusing journalism with ethics?

The facts are, as reported on ESPN that those guys are "available" so in essence they are available for consideration.

As a matter of fact, there are at least 5 guys I've heard of that are interested in the job, none of which I'd give any credible chance of even getting a chance to put their name in the paper as someone being considered.

IMO there are probably 50,000 Chiefs fans, at a minimum, that can do a better job than the HC we currently have on the payroll.

OnTheWarpath58
01-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Are you confusing journalism with ethics?

The facts are, as reported on ESPN that those guys are "available" so in essence they are available for consideration.

As a matter of fact, there are at least 5 guys I've heard of that are interested in the job, none of which I'd give any credible chance of even getting a chance to put their name in the paper as someone being considered.

IMO there are probably 50,000 Chiefs fans, at a minimum, that can do a better job than the HC we currently have on the payroll.

Sorry, I see a difference between saying that a coach is available for consideration, and saying that the team IS in fact considering them.

To say that the candidates include Billick, Martz and Shula is misleading, because they are only candidates if the Chiefs are interested, which in Martz case, was made clear he is not.

Word choice goes a long way.

They basically want in on the action, so they'll throw any name they can in the ring to make news.

booger
01-02-2008, 09:46 PM
-- Chiefs Could be Interested in Martz --
Wed Jan 2, 2008 --from FFMastermind.com

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Kansas City Chiefs, who fired OC Mike Solari, might take a run at former Lions OC Mike Martz, who wants to coach next season. But if Martz cannot land the right job, he does have a contract with one year remaining on it that Detroit would be obligated to pay.

-- 49ers Unlikely to Hire Martz --

ESPN's John Clayton reports the San Francisco 49ers are unlikely to hire former Lions OC Mike Martz to fill their offensive coordinator opening.

This may have CP trying to pick the OC over Herm written all over it if true. With Herm firing all the DV/Coryell coaches he will want no part of Martz, not to mention being friends and coaching on the staff with dungy together with Rod Marinelli, martz's former boss.

morphius
01-02-2008, 09:54 PM
Does anyone know what our draft picks look like? What rounds and how many in those rounds?

OnTheWarpath58
01-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Does anyone know what our draft picks look like? What rounds and how many in those rounds?

I don't know that the compensation has been made official for Bennett or Sims. Someone please correct if this is incorrect.

We have our own picks in 1-7, plus the following extras, IIRC:

R5- Green trade

R7- Tynes trade

Bennett and Sims compensation TBD. We'll receive a pick in 2008 AND 2009 for Bennett.

11 picks overall.

Any info to the contrary?

OnTheWarpath58
01-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers OT Max Starks (possible player of interest in KC) has been put on IR. He suffered a torn meniscus in his knee in the season finale.

Not sure how this will effect his FA interest or how long he'll rehab......

http://www.kansascity.com/491/story/427248.html

Douche Baggins
01-02-2008, 10:30 PM
Might as well put up the Lance Briggs rumor.

Direckshun
01-02-2008, 10:35 PM
I don't know that the compensation has been made official for Bennett or Sims. Someone please correct if this is incorrect.

We have our own picks in 1-7, plus the following extras, IIRC:

R5- Green trade

R7- Tynes trade

Bennett and Sims compensation TBD. We'll receive a pick in 2008 AND 2009 for Bennett.

11 picks overall.

Any info to the contrary?
I don't have info to the contrary, but I do question some of those.

Of course, we have all of our usual 7. Obviously, we have a 5th for Trent.

But Tynes was never announced to be a 7 specifically, but a "possible future draft pick." Same with Sims. I assume they're both 7s, but there's a chance Sims is a 7th in 2009, and Tynes could even be a 6.

Michael Bennett was for "future considerations in 2008 and 2009," and I have no flippin' clue what that means because the Chiefs shroud everything possible in secrecy.

So we could have as few as 9 (7 + Green + Tynes) and as many as 11 or more... (7 + Green + Tynes + Sims + Bennett[?])

OnTheWarpath58
01-02-2008, 10:39 PM
I don't have info to the contrary, but I do question some of those.

Of course, we have all of our usual 7. Obviously, we have a 5th for Trent.

But Tynes was never announced to be a 7 specifically, but a "possible future draft pick." Same with Sims. I assume they're both 7s, but there's a chance Sims is a 7th in 2009, and Tynes could even be a 6.

Michael Bennett was for "future considerations in 2008 and 2009," and I have no flippin' clue what that means because the Chiefs shroud everything possible in secrecy.

So we could have as few as 9 (7 + Green + Tynes) and as many as 11 or more... (7 + Green + Tynes + Sims + Bennett[?])

I swear I saw a report that the compensation for Tynes had been agreed to as a R7.

As I pointed out, I've heard nothing on Sims.

Everyone has been talking about having 10 picks, and I've taken it as gospel because I thought that's where we stood, plus definite addition of a pick for Bennett and a possible 2008 for Sims.

I'll keep looking until someone finds something one way or the other.

Sure-Oz
01-02-2008, 11:00 PM
We probably gave a pick away to get rid of Sims

Direckshun
01-02-2008, 11:11 PM
I swear I saw a report that the compensation for Tynes had been agreed to as a R7.

As I pointed out, I've heard nothing on Sims.

Everyone has been talking about having 10 picks, and I've taken it as gospel because I thought that's where we stood, plus definite addition of a pick for Bennett and a possible 2008 for Sims.

I'll keep looking until someone finds something one way or the other.
I'm not disagreeing -- if anything I want to make sure you're sure so that I can bank on that.

I don't want to have to find out on Draft day. :shake: I just want to be sure.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-03-2008, 12:34 AM
-- Chiefs Could be Interested in Martz --

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Kansas City Chiefs, who fired OC Mike Solari, might take a run at former Lions OC Mike Martz, who wants to coach next season. But if Martz cannot land the right job, he does have a contract with one year remaining on it that Detroit would be obligated to pay.

-- 49ers Unlikely to Hire Martz --

ESPN's John Clayton reports the San Francisco 49ers are unlikely to hire former Lions OC Mike Martz to fill their offensive coordinator opening.

This may have CP trying to pick the OC over Herm written all over it if true. With Herm firing all the DV/Coryell coaches he will want no part of Martz, not to mention being friends and coaching on the staff with dungy together with Rod Marinelli, martz's former boss.

HUGGY TO KC YO!!!!!!

Mr. Flopnuts
01-03-2008, 12:37 AM
Might as well put up the Lance Briggs rumor.

I wonder if he's rumored to sign with 20 other NFL teams. Unless you know something?

blueballs
01-03-2008, 12:57 AM
I hear Mike Shanahan is a poopy pants

Chiefs=Good
01-03-2008, 01:39 AM
I hear Mike Shanahan is a poopy pants

Despite lack of proof, im not going to argue that or your source.

BigChiefFan
01-03-2008, 08:30 AM
The rumor is the Chiefs will actually attempt at improving this off-season. It's just a rumor at this point, though.

Halfcan
01-03-2008, 06:56 PM
Haynesworth is always hurt.

unlurking
01-03-2008, 07:19 PM
The rumor is the Chiefs will actually attempt at improving this off-season. It's just a rumor at this point, though.
I'll believe it when I see it claimed somewhere other than PFT or WPI!!!

blueballs
01-04-2008, 01:11 AM
I heard a rumor that the Chiefs drafted Gale Sayers
WTF happened

royr17
01-04-2008, 02:26 AM
I believe the Sims pick was a 7th rounder, and the Bennett pick was a 6th this year and a 6th next year.

jjchieffan
01-04-2008, 09:50 AM
I know we didn't want him, but Black was considered a top LT FA last year. Will that translate into a compensatory 7th round pick for him from the NFL?

morphius
01-04-2008, 09:58 AM
I know we didn't want him, but Black was considered a top LT FA last year. Will that translate into a compensatory 7th round pick for him from the NFL?
I doubt he played enough to qualify, but who knows.

DaneMcCloud
01-04-2008, 02:46 PM
I doubt he played enough to qualify, but who knows.

8 games, 0 starts.

You're probably right.

stonedstooge
01-04-2008, 03:42 PM
Hainsworth is the Mongolian Stomper isn't he? He would be worth any amount in my book to see him stomp on Cutler and Rivers heads. I can't stand the looks or actions of either one of those two hall of fame wannabes.

The Bad Guy
01-04-2008, 09:13 PM
The Tampa Bay Tribune reports Buccaneers quarterbacks coach Paul Hackett is a candidate to become Kansas City's offensive coordinator, according to a report in the Kansas City Star. The Chiefs fired four assistant coaches, including OC Mike Solari, on Wednesday, but Hackett declined to talk after Thursday's practice. "The only focus I have right now is to beat the Giants. After that, I'll be happy to talk," said Hackett, who was the Chiefs' offensive coordinator from 1993-97 and served as Kansas City HC Herm Edwards' offensive coordinator when Edwards was head coach of the Jets.

morphius
01-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Just because Teicher said he was available does not make it a possibility.

Douche Baggins
01-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Tampa Tribune is late by about three days. Nick shot the Hackett thing down.

The Bad Guy
01-04-2008, 11:18 PM

Nick should shoot himself down.

It's a direct quote from Hackett. You would think he would know if the Chiefs were interested or not.

Douche Baggins
01-04-2008, 11:37 PM

It's a direct quote from Hackett. You would think he would know if the Chiefs were interested or not.

Paul Hackett is not coming here.

RustShack
01-05-2008, 03:22 AM
Come on Eric Price!

Micjones
01-05-2008, 04:33 AM
I keep hearing Bill Callahan has emerged as the leading candidate for the OC job...

Sure-Oz
01-05-2008, 08:39 AM
Was Callahan even a good OC? besides dink and dunk O

milkman
01-05-2008, 09:00 AM

If it's true that he has become the leading candidate in Herman ****ing Edwards search for an OC, then I 'd have to say no.

Seriously though, it's really difficult to evaluate Callahan as an OC, since that dink and dunk offense was really Jon Gruden's.

But the real question is, given that Callahan is a West Coast Offense coordinator, how the hell does a strong armed QB fit that system?

morphius
01-05-2008, 09:29 AM

Thanks for posting it, you shouldn't be blasted for doing so, so I'm sorry if I came off that way. I just really don't believe that Carl would let Hackett come back and Gunther wasn't a fan of his either. Plus the Hackett quote to me says that he would be interested if they contacted him, not that they have contacted him. Toss in the fact that the Chiefs wouldn't be able to contact him until after they are out of the playoff's because they don't have a first week bye, and I'll take it that they haven't.

smittysbar
01-05-2008, 03:39 PM

You mean Nick (the ****ing moron that gave Carl an A) ROFL

Bane
01-05-2008, 08:53 PM

NO.

Sully
01-05-2008, 09:12 PM
He never called the plays in Oakland. I don't know if he did for the Huskers, or not.

Logical
01-06-2008, 01:27 AM
I keep hearing Bill Callahan has emerged as the leading candidate for the OC job...Where is the smiley for shooting yourself in the head. We should make that :herm: if this is true.

eazyb81
01-06-2008, 09:18 AM
Mort just reported that Chan Gailey is a leading candidate for our OC job and could team up with Gibbs as they did in Denver.

KC Tattoo
01-06-2008, 09:32 AM
Mort just reported that Chan Gailey is a leading candidate for our OC job and could team up with Gibbs as they did in Denver.

So if Chan Gailey doesn't work out his name shal be Chan Tuh Gayley.

Bane
01-06-2008, 09:33 AM
Wasnt Chan Gailey in Dallas before also,or am I thinking of someone else.

eazyb81
01-06-2008, 09:34 AM

Yep, he is the former HC at Dallas and OC at Pittsburgh.

Bane
01-06-2008, 09:36 AM
Well Im not too excited about any name that has come up yet.

Deberg_1990
01-06-2008, 09:36 AM
He was a decent O coordinator in Pittsburgh. He made Kordell Stewert look decent back in his slash days.

He was "just OK" as a head coach in Dallas. They made the playoffs but didnt go anywhere.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
01-06-2008, 09:43 AM
I've heard from my friend Jason Jones, who covers the Raiders for the Sacramento Bee, that Jerry Porter wants out and has an interest in playing for Herm Edwards. Porter can be a decent receiver is a helluva upgrade over anyone on our WR corp sans D-Bo.

eazyb81
01-06-2008, 09:47 AM
Well, you have to keep in mind that if he was any good as a head coach he wouldn't even be an option as an OC.

Most people just remember Gailey as an underperforming HC with Dallas, but he has a great track record as an OC in the NFL. He's had top 10-15 offenses at every stop as an OC and has helped some poor QBs look like true winners (Kordell Stewart, Jay Fiedler, Mike Tomczak, etc). Also, the best part is that he seems to be flexible with his "system"; he doesn't stuff a square peg into a round hole. His offensive style at Pittsburgh, Miami, and Dallas have all been slightly different, which is a great sign IMO.

Finally, he has a history with Alex Gibbs in Denver, so he should be comfortable implementing the ZBS.

blueballs
01-06-2008, 09:50 AM
Any one after So long Ari
ijs a improvement

BigRedChief
01-06-2008, 09:54 AM
He's got the experience. From WIKIPEDIA

Troy State, Air Force, Troy
Gailey stayed with Florida as a graduate assistant for two years before taking his first actual coaching job as the secondary coach for Troy State University in Alabama. After two seasons there, he spent four seasons with the Air Force Academy, including two as defensive coordinator under head coach Ken Hatfield.[3] In 1983, he took over the head coaching duties at Troy, where he led the Trojans to a 12-1 record in 1984 en route to the Division II championship.

Professional leagues

He moved up to the NFL ranks the next year, when the Denver Broncos signed him as a defensive assistant and special teams coach. The team made three Super Bowl appearances during his six-year tenure. He then became the head coach of the Birmingham Fire of the World League of American Football, where the team made the playoffs both years he was coach. After a one-year stint as head coach at Samford University, he returned to the NFL with the Pittsburgh Steelers. He started off as coach for the wide receivers, then moved up to offensive coordinator for the 1996 and 1997 NFL seasons. Gailey was then hired to take over a struggling Dallas Cowboys squad, one that had faltered under Barry Switzer during his last year. Gailey's Cowboys won the NFC East in 1998, and made the playoffs under his two years at the reins, although they failed to win a playoff game. He then returned to the offensive coordinator role, this time with the Miami Dolphins.

Georgia Tech
Gailey was hired by the Yellow Jackets in 2002 to replace George O'Leary who left to become Head Coach at the University of Notre Dame, and was resigned in 2007.[6] In his first five years at Georgia Tech, he had compiled a 37-27 record. Georgia Tech went to bowl games each year under Gailey, and won two: the 2003 Humanitarian Bowl (a 52-10 win over the University of Tulsa), and the 2004 Champs Sports Bowl (a 51-14 victory over Syracuse University). However, in seven seasons at the helm, Gailey never defeated Tech's biggest rival, the University of Georgia, never won the ACC, never went to a BCS bowl, never lost fewer than 5 games, and never finished in the top 25. The 2006 season was his most successful at Georgia Tech winning the ACC Coastal Division, but losing to Wake Forest in the ACC championship game.

Gailey's name was mentioned for both the Pittsburgh Steelers and Miami Dolphins head coaching jobs following the 2006 season, two teams for which he was offensive coordinator.[8] Gailey got neither job. On January 19, 2007 Gailey announced he would return to Georgia Tech.[9]
After a 7-5 2007 regular season and losing for the sixth straight year to the Georgia Bulldogs football team, it was announced on November 26, 2007 that Gailey has been dismissed and will have his $1 million/year contract bought out

BigRedChief
01-06-2008, 09:54 AM
He was a decent O coordinator in Pittsburgh. He made Kordell Stewert look decent back in his slash days.

He was "just OK" as a head coach in Dallas. They made the playoffs but didnt go anywhere.

But there are a lot of fantastic cordinators that suck at being head coaches but are very good cordinators.

Deberg_1990
01-06-2008, 09:56 AM
But there are a lot of fantastic cordinators that suck at being head coaches but are very good cordinators.

True

Ive got no problem with that hire.

The Bad Guy
01-06-2008, 10:01 AM
Chan Gailey would be an excellent hire.

He's had success in the NFL, and likely won't surrender his beliefs to fit Herm.

This would be great with Gibbs.

FringeNC
01-06-2008, 10:08 AM
Chan Gailey, along with Alex Gibbs, would be a pretty good pair. If we are going the WCO route, those two together would be about as good as we could hope for. Problem is, I am not real excited to be returning to the WCO. The NFL adapted to the innovations of the WCO, and now I think there is just too much speed on defenses for the WCO to be a championship-caliber offense.

Deberg_1990
01-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Chan Gailey, along with Alex Gibbs, would be a pretty good pair. If we are going the WCO route, those two together would be about as good as we could hope for. Problem is, I am not real excited to be returning to the WCO. The NFL adapted to the innovations of the WCO, and now I think there is just too much speed on defenses for the WCO to be a championship-caliber offense.

I dont think Gailey runs the WCO?? At least not a pure version of it.

FringeNC
01-06-2008, 10:18 AM
I dont think Gailey runs the WCO?? At least not a pure version of it.

I'm not sure, but I think he is -- especially given that he'd be working with Alex Gibbs, who is certainly a WCO guy. Can anyone clarify exactly what Gailey's offensive school is?

eazyb81
01-06-2008, 10:27 AM
I'm not sure, but I think he is -- especially given that he'd be working with Alex Gibbs, who is certainly a WCO guy. Can anyone clarify exactly what Gailey's offensive school is?

Here's an article I found that talks about his philosophy. It's old, so I'm not sure if this is still completely accurate:

http://www.texnews.com/1998/1999/cowboys/off1024.html

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
01-06-2008, 10:33 AM
I think Gaily and Gibbs worked together at some point...

FringeNC
01-06-2008, 10:35 AM
Here's an article I found that talks about his philosophy. It's old, so I'm not sure if this is still completely accurate:

http://www.texnews.com/1998/1999/cowboys/off1024.html

Good find. Gailey is probably the best we could hope for with Herm, especially if a proven mind like Gibbs is coming, too.

blueballs
01-06-2008, 10:36 AM
holy cow Mike Tice is getting HC interviews
could get the Miami job if Sopanos(cowboys) doesn't
the NFL owners are scared to give new people a shot

Sure-Oz
01-06-2008, 10:36 AM
if we got gailey and gibbs id be satisfied with that.

eazyb81
01-06-2008, 10:39 AM
holy cow Mike Tice is getting HC interviews
could get the Miami job if Sopanos(cowboys) doesn't
the NFL owners are scared to give new people a shot

Nah, that's just Parcells. He's too insecure to hire people that don't bend over at his command, which is why he'll only hire "his guys".

FringeNC
01-06-2008, 10:39 AM
Now if we could only get a legit WCO quarterback coach to go along with Gailey and Gibbs (if we do decide to go that direction). Paul Hackett? (Seriously!) The guy can coach QBs in West Coast offense.

blueballs
01-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Tice is going to getting 2 other HC interviews
Baltimore is one
he makes Edwards look like a genius

OnTheWarpath58
01-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Good.

Hopefully the pre-game show on CBS just laid rest to any thoughts of McNabb or Pennington coming here.

Report just said they are both staying put.

PBJ PBJ PBJ

morphius
01-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Good.

Hopefully the pre-game show on CBS just laid rest to any thoughts of McNabb or Pennington coming here.

Report just said they are both staying put.

PBJ PBJ PBJ
Of course they could be saying that to drive up the price, as if they said otherwise the other teams would just wait until they were cut, and people may be able to guess their drafting plans if they plan to go after QB's.

smittysbar
01-06-2008, 05:42 PM
I truly don't think Philly is ready to give up on McNabb. As far as all reports are going thus far, he is going to be their guy still.

KurtCobain
01-07-2008, 08:42 AM
I heard on the radio this morning that gunther is on his way out accoording to Carl's people. They said gunth and carl had some sort of confrontation. I'm not sure what exact station because I was half asleep, but I think it was 98.9 the rock.

penchief
01-07-2008, 09:00 AM
I heard on the radio this morning that gunther is on his way out accoording to Carl's people. They said gunth and carl had some sort of confrontation. I'm not sure what exact station because I was half asleep, but I think it was 98.9 the rock.

I'd be okay with that, if true. Gun is dead weight, IMO.

Sure-Oz
01-07-2008, 09:06 AM
Bring in Rex Ryan asap, I've wanted Gun gone as well

Micjones
01-07-2008, 09:41 AM
I was pretty sure Gunther's days were numbered anyway...

Give me a Ron Rivera or Rex Ryan to replace him and we'll be in great shape.

Zouk
01-07-2008, 09:46 AM
Did anyone else hear what Joey heard? Seems like that would be the talk of sports radio today if true.

the Talking Can
01-07-2008, 10:07 AM

oh please oh please

FringeNC
01-07-2008, 10:28 AM

Given that Carl, not Vermeil, hired Gun, it's only fitting that Carl, not Herm, fire Gun. If true, so much for the rumors that Carl lost some sort of power struggle.

morphius
01-07-2008, 10:38 AM
It isn't hard to imagine that Carl and Gun would have a confrontation, JA and the tag, Law long in tooth, Surtain's big contract, etc, etc. There are a lot of reasons that they could have a heated battle going on, doesn't mean that he is going to be fired.

Not that I really care either way.

penguinz
01-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Anymore to this Gunther rumor?

penchief
01-07-2008, 03:19 PM

I'll believe it when I see it.

eazyb81
01-07-2008, 05:24 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

Same here, I don't think Gun is going anywhere. Which is sad because I'd love to see a more aggressive defense that keeps the offense guessing like Pittsburgh, San Diego, etc.

Douche Baggins
01-07-2008, 06:58 PM

I haven't heard anything that would indicate Gunther is on his way out.

Deberg_1990
01-07-2008, 07:09 PM
I haven't heard anything that would indicate Gunther is on his way out.

Thank You!! That means he will be gone by the end of this week

xbarretx
01-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Thank You!! That means he will be gone by the end of this week

ROFL

CupidStunt
01-08-2008, 09:44 AM
Wilkerson f**king stinks. Why people want to re-sign this scrub to a one-year deal so he can be invisible for another year in a Chiefs uniform is beyond me.

penchief
01-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Wilkerson f**king stinks. Why people want to re-sign this scrub to a one-year deal so he can be invisible for another year in a Chiefs uniform is beyond me.

He may not be starting material but he's far from stinkola. There have been times where he has made standout plays when nobody else was around.

I can see a scenario where a high draft choice and the further development of McBride and Tyler could force him off the team but I'm not convinced that he's reached his maximum potential yet, either. Given the right scheme and the decent coaching he could very easily turn out to be another John Bronwing-type who fills in sufficiently where ever and whenever needed.

Sure-Oz
01-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Wilkerson is a good backup that can play DE and DT, worth keeping around imo

KCBOSS1
01-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Boomer Grigsby RFA - keep
Will Svitek RFA -out
Samie Parker - keep (slot/possession -played better this year)
Kris Wilson -keep
Chris Terry -out
Kyle Turley - out, please
Casey Wiegmann - keep, back up rotation
Jared Allen - pay,keep, yeehaw
Jimmy Wilkerson - keep
Keyaron Fox - keep
Benny Sapp - keep
Eddie Drummond - way out
John Carney - out

Douche Baggins
01-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Wiegmann is gone, Boss.

CrimsonChief
01-08-2008, 05:15 PM
on who the offensive cordinator might be?

Douche Baggins
01-08-2008, 05:16 PM
Eric Price
Chan Gailey
Mike Shula

take your pick

CrimsonChief
01-08-2008, 05:20 PM
well being an Alabama fan I know a good bit about Mike Shula. He is a GREAT QB coach but i dont think he is a good OC.

The Bad Guy
01-08-2008, 05:53 PM
With Martz going to San Francisco, it's going to be Chan Gailey.

Douche Baggins
01-08-2008, 06:31 PM
With Martz going to San Francisco, it's going to be Chan Gailey.

My gut says Price.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-08-2008, 06:45 PM
I'd be happy with Gailey or Price. I hope it's not Shula.

The Bad Guy
01-08-2008, 06:58 PM
My gut says Price.

What's the point? He runs a spread offense that likes to throw the ball.

While it would be a good hire, he's just going to be someone Herm and Uncle Dick can push around and bully into their bullshit offensive theories.

Douche Baggins
01-08-2008, 07:34 PM
What's the point? He runs a spread offense that likes to throw the ball.

Doesn't necessarily mean he will want that here.

While it would be a good hire, he's just going to be someone Herm and Uncle Dick can push around and bully into their bullshit offensive theories.

That's why it's my gut feeling.

Halfcan
01-08-2008, 08:46 PM
When are we going to start cutting the turds off this team??

Start with Herm-the absolute dumbest coach ever!!!

KC Tattoo
01-08-2008, 10:22 PM
When are we going to start cutting the turds off this team??

Start with Herm-the absolute dumbest coach ever!!!

When are we going to say good bye to the underachievers on this team?

Ty Law? Keyaron Fox? Eddie Kennison? Eddie Drummond? Casey Wiegmann? John Welbourn? Samie Parker? Patric Surtain (Surtann)? Surtain Surtann doesn't matter. Jimmy Wilkerson? Eddie Drummond? Will Svitec? Did I miss anybody? Oh yea Eddie Drummond!!!

Note: If cut, thank you Eddie Kennison, Casey Wiegmann, & Jason Dunn for being a Chief :arrow:

When are they going to anounce the cuts?

jjchieffan
01-08-2008, 11:01 PM
What? No thanks to Samie PBJ Parker? PBJ

KC Tattoo
01-08-2008, 11:05 PM
What? No thanks to Samie PBJ Parker? PBJ

Oh, I don't know I think I'll miss his one catch for a first down celabration a game though :)

BigRedChief
01-09-2008, 05:42 AM
http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/pvc.gif

OnTheWarpath58
01-09-2008, 04:39 PM
Looks like the Gibbs and Martz rumors can be removed from the OP.

smittysbar
01-10-2008, 08:34 AM
Oh, I don't know I think I'll miss his one catch for a first down celabration a game though :)

ROFLROFL

morphius
01-10-2008, 01:26 PM
I heard on 610 yesterday that two OC candidates have actually visited, anyone else catch the names?

BigRock
01-10-2008, 01:46 PM
I didn't hear it, but it would have to be Gailey and Price, I would think.

morphius
01-10-2008, 01:48 PM
I didn't hear it, but it would have to be Gailey and Price, I would think.
That sounds right, thanks!

clyde05
01-10-2008, 09:59 PM
andre davis is a free agent he would be a great replacement for eddie drummond

jjchieffan
01-10-2008, 10:32 PM
Heck, who wouldn't be a good replacement for Drummond. Bring Len Dawson out of retirement. He couldn't do any worse.

blueballs
01-11-2008, 12:56 AM
Tiecher says the Chiefs expect to have the new OC
hired by the middle of next week

booger
01-11-2008, 01:26 AM
where did you hear that Blueballs?

Star article, radio interview, ?

morphius
01-11-2008, 07:26 AM
Heck, who wouldn't be a good replacement for Drummond. Bring Len Dawson out of retirement. He couldn't do any worse.
I'm pretty sure I could make 1 person miss every 30 attempts.

Sure-Oz
01-11-2008, 09:06 AM
andre davis is a free agent he would be a great replacement for eddie drummond
Davis would be a solid pickup and a good #3 WR as well.

Makes me wonder if we have a replacement next week if they already decided who it is and thats why Herm is on ESPN now.

penguinz
01-11-2008, 09:53 AM
where did you hear that Blueballs?

Star article, radio interview, ?Athan said it on SportSpot last night. Said they are waiting to interview Shula and that if the Jags were to lose this weekend expect Shula to interview and decision made by middle of the week.

Sure-Oz
01-11-2008, 09:55 AM
So Shula and Gailey are the 2 possibilities, which is hte best?

penguinz
01-11-2008, 09:58 AM
So Shula and Gailey are the 2 possibilities, which is hte best?
Don't forget Price.

Sure-Oz
01-11-2008, 10:00 AM
Don't forget Price.
Oh yeah, i forgot, well hopefully they hurry up with the decision already, we also need an OL coach and others

xbarretx
01-11-2008, 10:30 AM
Athan said it on SportSpot last night. Said they are waiting to interview Shula and that if the Jags were to lose this weekend expect Shula to interview and decision made by middle of the week.

isnt the senior bowl tomorroW? I thought it was said that they wanted to have the decision made by the senior bowl? Or am i mistaken in thinking thats its on the 12th?

PHOG
01-11-2008, 11:06 AM
isnt the senior bowl tomorroW? I thought it was said that they wanted to have the decision made by the senior bowl? Or am i mistaken in thinking thats its on the 12th?

# Event Date Venue View
Senior Bowl Jan 26, 2008
Saturday, 3:00 PM Eastern Ladd Stadium
Mobile , AL

xbarretx
01-11-2008, 11:09 AM
# Event Date Venue View
Senior Bowl Jan 26, 2008
Saturday, 3:00 PM Eastern Ladd Stadium
Mobile , AL

i stand corrected :doh!:

PHOG
01-11-2008, 11:12 AM
i stand corrected :doh!:

They damn well better have all the positions filled well before then though, IMO, if they expect to be somewhat on the same page.

Chiefnj2
01-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Athan said it on SportSpot last night. Said they are waiting to interview Shula and that if the Jags were to lose this weekend expect Shula to interview and decision made by middle of the week.

Jax granted permission to let the DC interview in Atlanta. You are allowed to interview candidates from wildcard teams if the team agrees.

Does anyone know if KC actually sought permission?

talastan
01-11-2008, 12:44 PM
Here you go guys....A Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan scoop (Of course he's not putting it up here. He's updating the Premium board.... :rolleyes: )

Foreword: I added the note to let you know that it wasn't on the board, but I'm sure someone will add it eventually. So nuthooks need not be applied.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=115#s=115&f=1837&t=1830086

xbarretx
01-11-2008, 01:05 PM
Here you go guys....A Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan scoop (Of course he's not putting it up here. He's updating the Premium board.... :rolleyes: )

Foreword: I added the note to let you know that it wasn't on the board, but I'm sure someone will add it eventually. So nuthooks need not be applied.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=115#s=115&f=1837&t=1830086

*readies the nuthooks to be on the safe side* j/k ;)

talastan
01-11-2008, 01:09 PM
*readies the nuthooks to be on the safe side* ;)
Just clean them please ;)

xbarretx
01-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Just clean them please ;)

done and done :o)

So... if it is him then how is he up and comming since hes been coaching since like 76?

talastan
01-11-2008, 01:29 PM
I have no clue. I was really hoping if this is true that we'd pick up Price. His opening up of the Offense and training of Brodie would've IMO made him a great OC. Of course my question is why would the decision be made while Herm is supposed to be at ESPN this weekend. Carl maybe?

xbarretx
01-11-2008, 01:34 PM
I have no clue. I was really hoping if this is true that we'd pick up Price. His opening up of the Offense and training of Brodie would've IMO made him a great OC. Of course my question is why would the decision be made while Herm is supposed to be at ESPN this weekend. Carl maybe?

argh, im sick of drama and excuses so lets hope not. Maybe the deal was extended to him and he just now accepted?

talastan
01-11-2008, 02:00 PM
"Well we've got to win now! Denny, get Gailey on the phone now." - Carl

"But Carl, shouldn't we wait for Herm to get back from..." - Denny

"Hell no!! We need experience, besides he was just fired!! He'll cost less! CeePee" - Carl

xbarretx
01-11-2008, 02:08 PM
"Well we've got to win now! Denny, get Gailey on the phone now." - Carl

"But Carl, shouldn't we wait for Herm to get back from..." - Denny

"Hell no!! We need experience, besides he was just fired!! He'll cost less! CeePee" - Carl

:doh!:

Sure-Oz
01-11-2008, 02:19 PM
So Gailey is the rumored front runner? I think he'd be a solid OC.

Douche Baggins
01-11-2008, 03:02 PM
For the record Nick is not reporting that Gailey is going to be hired.

xbarretx
01-11-2008, 03:05 PM
For the record Nick is not reporting that Gailey is going to be hired.

uh oh i smell smoke and mirrors LMAO

RustShack
01-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Bring me Price!

BigRock
01-11-2008, 04:01 PM
I am warming up to the idea of Price. Gailey sounds all right, but doesn't get me excited. Shula frightens me.

I'm sure it'll be Shula.

BigVE
01-11-2008, 04:50 PM
I take Price as my choice.

On another note, since Gibbs has been hired by Houston can we take his name off of the list of rumored names?

KC Tattoo
01-11-2008, 11:22 PM
So umm, did I miss something? Wasn't Clark OWNER of the Chiefs suppose to speak? Wasn't he suppose to talk to us about the state of the franchise? I looked for a thread but did not find one. Very disapointed if Clark doesn't say something maybe a "sorry" at least. My view on this is that he doesn't care or Carl Peterson has him in some compermizing photos. I think we Chiefs fans deserve to hear from Clark and hear him say that he wants to win a Championship and would take the necessary steps to achieve that goal.

Woodrow Call
01-12-2008, 02:30 AM
FWIW Athan is reporting the Chiefs signed 2 kickers...

Billy Cundiff
Nick Novak
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=115#s=115&f=1837&t=1832912

Chief Roundup
01-12-2008, 10:28 AM
so much for alex gibbs.

The Texans also hired Alex Gibbs, who takes over the assistant head coach slot Sherman also held. Gibbs, 66, most recently worked with Atlanta, first as an assistant and then a consultant for the previous three seasons.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3192517

Ralphy Boy
01-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Davis would be a solid pickup and a good #3 WR as well.

Makes me wonder if we have a replacement next week if they already decided who it is and thats why Herm is on ESPN now.

We almost drafted Andre Davis instead of Eddie Freeman. I remember DV talking about it on the post-draft interview. I wanted us to get him badly, but I have to admit I also wanted Freeman. Davis was an academic all american, if I recall correctly. Bright kid with blazing speed, seems like he got hurt in Cleveland his second or third year.

kcfanXIII
01-13-2008, 01:07 AM
besides he was just fired!! He'll cost less! CeePee" - Carl

as opposed to about to be fired, and costing us a 4th rounder?

talastan
01-14-2008, 08:19 AM
as opposed to about to be fired, and costing us a 4th rounder?
Hopefully Carl learned from that one!! ROFL

Douche Baggins
01-14-2008, 08:22 AM
Rumor - Chiefs signed 2 kickers Billy Cundiff and Nick Novak - Nicholas Athan (so a rumor until we get a trustworthy source)

What a load of garbage.

BigRock
01-14-2008, 01:58 PM
What a load of garbage.
So we didn't sign the kickers?

Douche Baggins
01-14-2008, 02:05 PM
So we didn't sign the kickers?

Surely not. Nick is a liar.

booger
01-14-2008, 03:12 PM
PFW not PFT
Their transaction listings are pretty solid when they list them. If you see it there it is almost always true. Don't know where Saint Nick found out but they do confirm.

Jan. 11: Roster additions for 2008: PK Billy Cundiff (released by Falcons 9/1), PK Nick Novak (released by Bears 8/28).
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+West/Kansas+City/default.htm

booger
01-14-2008, 03:16 PM
Jan. 7: Practice-squad contracts expired: TE Zac Alcorn; QB Jeff Otis.
Jan. 2: Fired: Offensive coordinator Mike Solari; OL coach John Matsko; WR coach Charlie Joiner; RB coach James Saxon. Roster addition for 2008: OT Joe Lobdell (ended '07 season on Chiefs practice squad).

Dec. 31: Roster additions for 2008: S Erick Harris; NT T.J. Jackson; C Rob Smith (all ended '07 season on Chiefs practice squad).

I believe these to be true but you won't see them listed on kcchiefs.com roster for awhile until they update it later this offseason. Judging by past offseasons they take plenty of time to tell you who they sign for camp fodder.

booger
01-14-2008, 03:38 PM
I didn't hear it myself but the Star board(stop laughing) said 610 sports raidio am reported that Jim Fassel interviewed today for the OC spot.

Douche Baggins
01-14-2008, 03:46 PM
I didn't hear it myself but the Star board(stop laughing) said 610 sports raidio am reported that Jim Fassel interviewed today for the OC spot.

That was going in our article today but Nick couldn't confirm.

Woodrow Call
01-14-2008, 04:55 PM
Such an inspiring group of OC candidates. :ZZZ:

old_geezer
01-14-2008, 06:33 PM
That was going in our article today but Nick couldn't confirm.

Never seemed to bother him before :shrug:

Douche Baggins
01-15-2008, 08:21 AM
It looks like the great and glorious Adam Teicher has confirmed Nick's report that we signed two kickers. IT'S LEGIT!!! TRUSTWORTHY SOURCE! IT'S OK NOW! :rolleyes:

BigRock
01-15-2008, 07:14 PM
It looks like the great and glorious Adam Teicher has confirmed Nick's report that we signed two kickers. IT'S LEGIT!!! TRUSTWORTHY SOURCE! IT'S OK NOW! :rolleyes:
Hey, lookie there, ProFootballTalk credited WPI on a report about the OC position. Nick must be thrilled!!!!1!1111!!!

The Poz
01-15-2008, 10:12 PM
Looks like Gailey gets a second interview.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/446550.html

Chan Gailey was back in Kansas City on Tuesday for a second interview for the Chiefs’ vacant offensive coordinator’s position.

He is the only one of the candidates to have a second face-to-face interview with coach Herm Edwards, though Edwards may visit again with others he’s already spoken with before making a decision.

Gailey, 56, was recently fired after six seasons as head coach at Georgia Tech. Previously, Gailey had been the head coach for the Cowboys and coordinated offenses for the Broncos, Steelers and Dolphins.

The other candidates who have been publicly named are Texas-El Paso offensive coordinator Eric Price, former New York Giants coach Jim Fassel and Jacksonville quarterbacks coach Mike Shula.

boogblaster
01-15-2008, 10:45 PM
Shula could work ... Oline needs 3 more good bodies ... Dline should be better next year the Rooks should know more ... CBs should be taken in the draft ... Safties need to step-up next year or look elsewhere for work ... WRs need to be taken in the draft ... FFK needed badly ... KR needed badly also ... another back-up QB should be considered .... looks like we need lots of help ...

Douche Baggins
01-16-2008, 06:34 AM
Looks like Gailey gets a second interview.

Repost.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-16-2008, 11:25 AM
Peyton Manning will interview for the Colts HC job

~okay this could be a flat out lie

Douche Baggins
01-16-2008, 11:55 AM
Chan Gailey was in for a second interview on 1/15 - KC Star

Warpaint broke this news first. How about some credit?

morphius
01-16-2008, 12:15 PM
originally I was going to give credit to Ronda Moss on 610 because I heard it there late afternoon yesterday , but someone on this thread had a link so I went with it.

booger
01-16-2008, 08:05 PM
This isn't fact or Rumor, just speculation that makes some sense based on Gailey's past assistants.

First Herm retained these guys from last years OFF staff:

Asst. HC/QB Dick Curl
TE Jon Embree
Asst. OL Bob Bicknell
Offensive Assistant/Quality Control Kevin Patullo

Now Gailey's guys he has coached with: Notables

TE former OC and HC Mike Mularkey currently a ? in Miami if he will return or not. Depends on Parcells i would imagine.

OL Hudson Hauck. OL coach with Gailey at dallas and Miami. Was fired by Parcells since he became President.

QB coach/OC at Georgia Tech Patrick Nix. Currently the OC at the U of Miami. Might be worth a try if the reassign Curl. Gailey would know if he is an up and comer or not.

Just a few random thoughts.

booger
01-16-2008, 08:13 PM
Cowboys | Team to target Houck
Wed, 16 Jan 2008 18:13:54 -0800

Clarence E. Hill Jr., of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports the Dallas Cowboys are expected to target former Miami Dolphins offensive line coach Hudson Houck as their new offensive line coach.

BigChiefFan
01-17-2008, 06:51 PM
This isn't fact or Rumor, just speculation that makes some sense based on Gailey's past assistants.

First Herm retained these guys from last years OFF staff:

Asst. HC/QB Dick Curl
TE Jon Embree
Asst. OL Bob Bicknell
Offensive Assistant/Quality Control Kevin Patullo

Now Gailey's guys he has coached with: Notables

TE former OC and HC Mike Mularkey currently a ? in Miami if he will return or not. Depends on Parcells i would imagine.

OL Hudson Hauck. OL coach with Gailey at dallas and Miami. Was fired by Parcells since he became President.

QB coach/OC at Georgia Tech Patrick Nix. Currently the OC at the U of Miami. Might be worth a try if the reassign Curl. Gailey would know if he is an up and comer or not.

Just a few random thoughts.
Good post. Mularkey and Hauck could go a long way in helping coach up our offense. I'm liking the Gailey signing, especially if we can land some of the mentioned assistants.

The Bad Guy
01-17-2008, 08:21 PM

"If you want credit, go to the bank"

-Dick Vermeil

booger
01-18-2008, 02:42 AM
The Broncos still are interested in former UCLA head coach and Colorado assistant Karl Dorrell, but if he is brought in, it likely would be as a receivers coach.

Dorrell was in Kansas City on Thursday night and may be hired as the Chiefs' receivers coach. Dorrell also interviewed in Miami this week. If Dorrell goes elsewhere, Denver might not hire a receivers coach. Dorrell was Denver's receivers coach before going to UCLA.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_8003058

booger
01-18-2008, 03:15 AM
Paul Boudreau OL coach Rams. Fired along with their OC Greg Olson. The firing of Boudreau suprised some but not after he named Steve Loney to replace him. Loney and Linehan coached together at MIN.

Anyway, Boudreau (http://www.stlouisrams.com/Team/Coaches/53041/) was the OL coach with Gailey in '00 with the Dolphins.

Chief Roundup
01-19-2008, 04:38 PM
Hmmm Herm said that there was only 2 more positions to fill in the press conference that he and Chan had so who and what other position has been filled that I haven't seen or heard about

RustShack
01-19-2008, 05:01 PM
The Chiefs also hired Bob Bicknell as their offensive-line coach. Bicknell, the son of former Boston College coach Jack, was the Chiefs’ assistant offensive-line coach last season. He also has coached offensive line in college at Temple and in NFL Europe.

Karl Dorrell is the leading candidate to be wide-receivers coach, and Curtis Modkins is their top choice as running-backs coach. Dorrell was head coach at UCLA before being fired last fall and previously coached wide receivers for the Broncos. Modkins was on Gailey’s staff at Georgia Tech and is the offensive coordinator at Colorado State.

Chief Roundup
01-19-2008, 05:28 PM
The Chiefs also hired Bob Bicknell as their offensive-line coach. Bicknell, the son of former Boston College coach Jack, was the Chiefs’ assistant offensive-line coach last season. He also has coached offensive line in college at Temple and in NFL Europe.

Karl Dorrell is the leading candidate to be wide-receivers coach, and Curtis Modkins is their top choice as running-backs coach. Dorrell was head coach at UCLA before being fired last fall and previously coached wide receivers for the Broncos. Modkins was on Gailey’s staff at Georgia Tech and is the offensive coordinator at Colorado State.

how about a link

penguinz
01-19-2008, 06:28 PM
how about a link
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1622/gcnzeldatwilightchar01tm7.jpg

RustShack
01-19-2008, 08:25 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/451312.html Its in there somewhere, its an artical by Adam Teicher.

blueballs
01-20-2008, 11:15 AM
"If you want credit, go to the bank"

-Dick Vermeil

a co-signer
get out the dancing shoes baby
it's party time

Mr. Arrowhead
01-21-2008, 07:29 AM
I heard we may interview Eric Price to be our QB coach

Douche Baggins
01-21-2008, 09:26 AM

Where did you hear that?

Priest4Prez
01-21-2008, 09:46 AM
link?

Mr. Arrowhead
01-21-2008, 01:59 PM
no link, i heard it on the radio this morning from you guys favorite person Nick Athan

xbarretx
01-21-2008, 02:09 PM
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1622/gcnzeldatwilightchar01tm7.jpg

dont leave home without this bro, Link's naked without it!

http://web.utk.edu/~esalley/ocarina.jpg

Chief Roundup
01-23-2008, 06:38 AM
Well there is the coaching staff filled up.
Now we can move on to player stuff.

KCrockaholic
01-23-2008, 10:26 PM
so who's this new guy i just saw run across the bottom of the screen on NFL network? hes some assistant coach with a weird last name, frickin impossible to spell, but hes with KC now.

Douche Baggins
01-23-2008, 10:28 PM
so who's this new guy i just saw run across the bottom of the screen on NFL network? hes some assistant coach with a weird last name, frickin impossible to spell, but hes with KC now.

Joe D'Alessandris, assistant OL coach. Warpaint broke that one.

KurtCobain
01-24-2008, 09:04 AM
Warpaint broke that one.

always with the warpaint crap

Direckshun
01-24-2008, 08:24 PM
Anybody know what the word is on our OL scheme?

Are we still headed for zone blocking?

Direckshun
01-25-2008, 09:24 PM
OT
OT
OG
CB
CB
RB
TE
WR
OLB

We've got ten picks...

blueballs
01-27-2008, 04:04 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NFL | Franchise tag and transition tag prices for defensive players announced
Sun, 27 Jan 2008 11:17:46 -0800

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the prices for franchise tag players and transition tag players for the 2008 season have been announced. Defensive ends will carry a franchise tag of $8.879 million and a transition tag of $7.679 million. Cornerbacks will carry a franchise tag of $9.465 million and a transition tag of $7.659 million. Linebackers will carry a franchise tag of $8.065 million and a transition tag of $7.335 million. Defensive tackles will carry a franchise tag of $6.363 million and a transition tag of $5.654 million. Safeties will carry a franchise tag of $4.396 million and a transition tag of $3.893 million.

Douche Baggins
01-27-2008, 04:43 PM
Wow, 8.8 mil? Cheap.

Bowser
01-27-2008, 04:49 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NFL | Franchise tag and transition tag prices for defensive players announced
Sun, 27 Jan 2008 11:17:46 -0800

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the prices for franchise tag players and transition tag players for the 2008 season have been announced. Defensive ends will carry a franchise tag of $8.879 million and a transition tag of $7.679 million. Cornerbacks will carry a franchise tag of $9.465 million and a transition tag of $7.659 million. Linebackers will carry a franchise tag of $8.065 million and a transition tag of $7.335 million. Defensive tackles will carry a franchise tag of $6.363 million and a transition tag of $5.654 million. Safeties will carry a franchise tag of $4.396 million and a transition tag of $3.893 million.

Enjoy the franchise tag, Jared Allen.

kstater
01-27-2008, 04:58 PM
You think Jared would take 5/$50 with 20 guaranteed?

Douche Baggins
01-27-2008, 05:03 PM

That's what he wanted last offseason, although it may have been 7 years.

BigChiefFan
01-27-2008, 08:41 PM
We'll franchise and trade him, you heard it here first.

chiefscafan
01-27-2008, 09:27 PM
man I hope you are wrong bigchieffan that's been my nightmare all season. I'm getting sick of the chiefs giving long term contracts to the wrong people and letting the good ones go.

penguinz
01-28-2008, 06:12 AM
man I hope you are wrong bigchieffan that's been my nightmare all season. I'm getting sick of the chiefs giving long term contracts to the wrong people and letting the good ones go.What good ones have they let go?

Micjones
01-28-2008, 05:10 PM
What good ones have they let go?

Donnie Edwards when he was still in his prime.

Douche Baggins
01-28-2008, 06:45 PM
just checked kcchiefs.com

Rufus Dufus is still listed under "columnists" , but none of his columns are.
did he get shitcanned?

Wishful thinking. All of his columns are still on the website.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/01/09/dawes_trial_and_error/

blueballs
01-29-2008, 04:31 PM
Bengals | C. Johnson wants to be traded
Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:43:11 -0800

Mark Curnutte, of The Cincinnati Enquirer, reports Cincinnati Bengals WR Chad Johnson is asking to be traded to the Miami Dolphins.

blueballs
01-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Chad was on NFL Live and says
he wants traded so he can play in the playoffs
on staying in Cinny -read the above

The Poz
01-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Just read:
Larry Johnson told the NFL Network's Adam Schefter Wednesday that his foot is "100 percent," and that he'll be a full go for OTAs.
The Chiefs break for Offseason Team Activities this spring. Johnson says he's excited about new offensive coordinator Chan Gailey, who plans to use L.J. like Gailey did Jerome Bettis in Pittsburgh. Gailey coordinated the Steelers' offense in 1996 and 1997. Bettis was an All-Pro those two seasons, rushing for a combined 3,096 yards on 695 carries (4.45 YPC).

KC Tattoo
01-30-2008, 04:46 PM
Just read:
Larry Johnson told the NFL Network's Adam Schefter Wednesday that his foot is "100 percent," and that he'll be a full go for OTAs.
The Chiefs break for Offseason Team Activities this spring. Johnson says he's excited about new offensive coordinator Chan Gailey, who plans to use L.J. like Gailey did Jerome Bettis in Pittsburgh. Gailey coordinated the Steelers' offense in 1996 and 1997. Bettis was an All-Pro those two seasons, rushing for a combined 3,096 yards on 695 carries (4.45 YPC).

That is good news IMO!! Need to hear some possitives.

One thing that went for Big Ben Rothleshamburger(sp) is he had a good ground game and the coaches gave him high % throws to make. They weren't so predictable either with trick plays too.

I think Chan Gailey is going to do fine and we should get results this year imo.

penchief
01-30-2008, 05:58 PM
I think Chan Gailey is going to do fine and we should get results this year imo.

I'm beginning to feel very good about the Gailey hiring. I just get the feeling that he can chew gum and walk at the same time. That he's not tied to some ideology. That he is capable of doing one of the most important things that coaches are supposed to be able to do; put players in situations that take advantage of their ability.

Imagine if he is able to do this with not only LJ, but also with Brody and D-Bowe. I'm thinking that Gailey will also help in the draft. Herm and Kuharich have done pretty well on their own but I also get the feeling that Gailey's experience will be helpful here, too.

Speaking of the draft, I'd love to know why everybody keeps saying that we have 10 picks when reports based on actual events in real time gave us 11.

1. It was reported that we received a 5th for Green. (by the way, how ironic was it, that after we quibbled for so long between a 4th and a 5th, that we ended up settling for a 5th but it was the equivalent of the last pick in the 4th round?).

2. It was reported that we received a late round pick for Tynes (if he made the other team).

3. It was reported that we received a late round pick for Sims (if he made the other team).

4. It was reported that we received a late round pick in '08 and a late round pick in '09 for Bennett.

That's four late round picks for Green, Tynes, Sims, and Bennett. What's going on? I've been looking for answers but I have yet been able to find someone who can show me where my math is wrong.

blueballs
01-30-2008, 06:14 PM
Chieffan1963 just became a rams fan
again

Rams | Team hires Saunders
Wed, 30 Jan 2008 15:13:38 -0800

Bill Coats, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the St. Louis Rams hired Al Saunders as their new offensive coordinator Wednesday, Jan. 30. Saunders was a Rams assistant coach in 1999 and 2000. Terms of the deal were not disclosed

blueballs
01-30-2008, 06:15 PM
One of the Buc trades
was for 2009 pick or picks
Bennett would be my guess

penchief
01-30-2008, 06:31 PM
would be my guess

That's the whole point of my asking. NOBODY seems to be able to say why we have only 10 when the actual reports (when those deals went down) indicate that we should have 11.

Were one of those reports misinformed? My guess is that we gave away Tynes because we were in love with Medlock (maybe a performance based pick or something like that). Maybe the Giants said, "if he makes the Pro Bowl, we'll give you a 7." I don't know. I wish I did.

I'm not quite ready to make it a mission but that's kinda been bugging me. Shouldn't it be someone's job to figure that out for the rest of us?

Falco
01-30-2008, 11:54 PM
That's the whole point of my asking. NOBODY seems to be able to say why we have only 10 when the actual reports (when those deals went down) indicate that we should have 11.

I don't think Sims made the Bucs roster, so I don't think we got a pick for him.

Douche Baggins
01-30-2008, 11:58 PM
I don't think Sims made the Bucs roster, so I don't think we got a pick for him.

He definitely made TB's roster.

OnTheWarpath58
01-31-2008, 10:56 AM

Were one of those reports misinformed? My guess is that we gave away Tynes because we were in love with Medlock (maybe a performance based pick or something like that). Maybe the Giants said, "if he makes the Pro Bowl, we'll give you a 7." I don't know. I wish I did.

I'm not quite ready to make it a mission but that's kinda been bugging me. Shouldn't it be someone's job to figure that out for the rest of us?

I thought I had read somewhere that the Sims picks wasn't necessarily THIS year, that TB had the option of making it a 2008 OR 2009 pick.

If they deferred to 2009, we'd have 10 picks.

penchief
01-31-2008, 06:30 PM
I thought I had read somewhere that the Sims picks wasn't necessarily THIS year, that TB had the option of making it a 2008 OR 2009 pick.

If they deferred to 2009, we'd have 10 picks.

That might explain it. But it does seem weird that no one really knows.

Douche Baggins
01-31-2008, 06:34 PM
That might explain it. But it does seem weird that no one really knows.

PREMIUM SUBSCRIBERS ONLY!

penchief
01-31-2008, 06:45 PM
PREMIUM SUBSCRIBERS ONLY!

Did I hear a Hoo?

Halfcan
01-31-2008, 09:13 PM
Chiefs | L. Johnson confirms he had a cracked bone in his foot
Wed, 30 Jan 2008 16:04:09 -0800Randy Covitz, of The Kansas City Star (http://www.kffl.com/link/142), reports Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl) RB Larry Johnson (http://www.kffl.com/player/5896/nfl) confirmed Wednesday, Jan. 30, that he had a cracked bone in his right foot that caused him to miss the last eight games of the 2007 season. "I can't even tell you the medical term," Johnson said on Wednesday while attending Super Bowl activities. "The bone in my fourth toe by the joint had a slight crack in it, and it shifted a little bit."

fuggin rich puzzy-die already LJ

JohnnyV13
02-01-2008, 01:39 AM

No. Last season, Adalius Thomas got that money from the Pats, when he had similar career stats to Jared Allen. Then Allen leads the NFL in sacks. No way I take that if i'm allen. I ask for more money than Dwight Freeney. Maybe I take Freeney money.

The Poz
02-01-2008, 11:12 AM
Allen wants to be a 49er:
http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/default.asp?item=738982

The top free agent in the NFL wants to play for the 49ers.
Defensive end Jared Allen, who is scheduled for unrestricted free agency with the Kansas City Chiefs, attended Los Gatos High. He grew up a Raiders fan, but he prefers to play for the 49ers.
"Jared would welcome the opportunity to play in front of his hometown crowd," said Ken Harris, Allen's agent. "His family is up north. I have no doubt there is a high level of interest in playing (for the 49ers)."
Allen made similar comments yesterday to radio hosts Lamont and Tonelli of 107.7 The Bone, telling them he'd like to play for the 49ers.
However, a lot of pieces would have to fall into place for him to end up with the 49ers. After all, the Chiefs are expected to tag Allen as their franchise player with a tender of $8.9 million. That means any team wishing to sign Allen would have to cough up two first-round draft picks. The Chiefs could also make him an "exclusive" franchise player for a higher price and wipe out his ability to negotiate with other teams.
"It's the worst-kept secret in the NFL that the Chiefs are going to franchise him," Harris said. "But Jared has already said that if he plays on the franchise tender, he will never do a long-term deal with them."
Allen is regarded as one of the NFL's premier defenders. He recorded a league-high 15.5 sacks last season, led the league in passes batted down at the line of scrimmage and ranked at the top of the league in solo tackles from defensive ends.
If the Chiefs fail to sign Allen to a long-term contract by July 15, they could retain him for two seasons with back-to-back franchise tenders for a combined cost of more than $20 million.
Allen was a fourth-round pick from Idaho State who was selected more for his ability as a long-snapper. However, he quickly developed into a dangerous defender. He has 43 sacks in four seasons.

penguinz
02-01-2008, 11:39 AM
"But Jared has already said that if he plays on the franchise tender, he will never do a long-term deal with them."He also said last season he would not show up to OTA's without a long term contract but was at every one of them.

Tribal Warfare
02-04-2008, 12:21 AM
Time to bring DraftPlanet into the lounge :rockon:

greg63
02-05-2008, 12:31 AM
Carl will trade down for some overpriced, overused veteran whose well beyond his prime.

The Poz
02-07-2008, 08:11 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=558

NFL Network's Adam Schefter says the Seahawks are "flirting" with allowing Marcus Trufant hit the open market.
While that decision is somewhat bizarre, the reasoning behind it is even crazier. Schefter indicates that the team may prefer to use the franchise tag on kicker Josh Brown. If Trufant hits the open market, he'll become one of the richest defenders in the league.

chasedude
02-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Time to bring DraftPlanet into the lounge :rockon:

Yup, I'm sick of seeing the "Get Over It"

Halfcan
02-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Yup, I'm sick of seeing the "Get Over It"

:rolleyes: Get Over It-Herm

booger
02-07-2008, 06:12 PM
New Transaction

Jan. 31: Roster addition for 2008: CB Chad Johnson (released by Vikings 9/2, from Vikings practice squad 10/23).

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+West/Kansas+City/default.htm

htismaqe
02-07-2008, 07:29 PM
I wish these mods would do this the way the last guy did. At least he was diligent enough to remove the rumors about coaches that have been HIRED.

:D

chasedude
02-08-2008, 11:52 AM
:rolleyes: Get Over It-Herm

**** you Herm /chasedude :p

crazycoffey
02-08-2008, 12:50 PM
I wish these mods would do this the way the last guy did. At least he was diligent enough to remove the rumors about coaches that have been HIRED.

Well, if that last guy didn't take a break from his duties, we could have ourselves a good thread again this year, but nooooo - he decided he needed to make a macrame hanging pot holder instead....

Chief Roundup
02-08-2008, 11:21 PM
I just listened to herms countdown to kickoff and he mentions that Eric Price will also coach the QBs some.

morphius
02-09-2008, 08:00 AM

I left them there so people could look back in the future saying, "We brought in X, he is doing a lot better job in Y than Z is doing here",and it gives a picture of how things played out as well...

the Talking Can
02-09-2008, 08:55 AM
I just listened to herms countdown to kickoff and he mentions that Eric Price will also coach the QBs some.

well, that's potentially good news...

morphius
02-09-2008, 06:08 PM
well, that's potentially good news...
Why? Huard looked even better than last season and it was obvious to everyone how much Croyle improved with Dick Curl as their QB coach... Oh wait.

The Football Wire
02-10-2008, 02:34 PM
The first step in the off-season should be re-signing Jared Allen. Both sides have a bit of leverage in this situation.

He is a proven player that greatly affects the game so we must keep him because we know he's good.

Good article on the subject:

http://www.thefootballwire.com/2008/02/jared-allen-situation-in-kansas-city.html

OnTheWarpath58
02-10-2008, 02:39 PM
That's spamtastic.

smittysbar
02-10-2008, 02:41 PM
That's spamtastic.

ROFL