PDA

View Full Version : Herm: No more coaches being fired..possibly

dirk digler
01-02-2008, 11:38 AM
Ok I borrowed this from Chiefs Coalition apparently Herm and Jared Allen were on SIRIUS this morning.

Here is the link to the thread

http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=74740&st=0

Here is the relevant info

Herm is on.

Herm - As you know, we are in the process of rebuilding a football team.

Tim - Coaches relieved of their duties... worst offense in Chiefs history.

Herm - Changes are due to philosophy. Needed to be done now.

Pat - You want to do what? What's your philosophy?

Herm- young players need to play. Have to get experience. Build offense around players, not a system. Get players that can help you win games... give them the ball.

Pat - have respect for Joiner. DBowe is a young guy & he needs a good coach, why Joiner?

Herm - Yes he needs someone, but sometimes it's not a fit.
Webb needs to play X receiver & stay there so he can get used to it. Big receivers are important and helpful to QBs so they are good target and can hold onto the ball.
Brodie has GOT to get into the weight room. He needs some upper body mass (DUH). He needs to be a smarter runner. Best way he can help his team is to be available... be healthy.

Herm: He thinks that's it as far as coach firings, but there are definitely going to be some player changes

Sure-Oz
01-02-2008, 11:40 AM
I still think Webb has no business being the other starting WR. I hope we get a replacement next year since Kennison is likely done

HonestChieffan
01-02-2008, 11:42 AM
If He does not clean out D and Spec Teams we will see the same garbage again

Micjones
01-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Webb isn't ready to be a #2.
Parker outplayed him this season.

We have options in Free Agency.
Bernard Berrian, Bryant Johnson...
And there's always the Draft.

The Bad Guy
01-02-2008, 11:45 AM
Webb wouldn't be a #3 on most NFL rosters.

Keeping Mike Prefier is a freaking joke. He is the worst of all the coaches on this team.

Sure-Oz
01-02-2008, 11:49 AM
I'd rather have us sign Bryant Johnson out of FA to take over at the #2 spot, webb isnt close to being a starter

morphius
01-02-2008, 11:49 AM
I still think Webb has no business being the other starting WR. I hope we get a replacement next year since Kennison is likely done
Yup, the only thing I can think of Webb is that he is big, not great hands, not great presence on the field, not his ability to get open. Wow, sounds like a starter to me... blech.

dirk digler
01-02-2008, 11:50 AM
Webb wouldn't be a #3 on most NFL rosters.

Keeping Mike Prefier is a freaking joke. He is the worst of all the coaches on this team.

Yep totally agree.

If Herm doesn't make anymore coaching changes I think it is safe to assume that he wanted all of DV's guys gone.

FAX
01-02-2008, 11:51 AM
So ... am I to understand that our special teams coaches get a pass? Wow.

FAX

noa
01-02-2008, 11:51 AM
I'm not adding anything, but if Mike Priefer is not fired, then I will be really disappointed because Herm's "solution" just involved getting rid of the remaining DickV guys and not actually firing based on who deserves it. That's not accountability, that's passing the buck.

FAX
01-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Yup, the only thing I can think of Webb is that he is big, not great hands, not great presence on the field, not his ability to get open. Wow, sounds like a starter to me... blech.

Herm was a player. He's said repeatedly that big receivers are the most difficult to cover. Especially for dinky ass dumb sh*ts like Herm.

FAX

Count Alex's Wins
01-02-2008, 11:56 AM
Especially for dinky ass dumb sh*ts like Herm.

FAX

ROFL

jAZ
01-02-2008, 11:56 AM
Yep totally agree.

If Herm doesn't make anymore coaching changes I think it is safe to assume that he wanted all of DV's guys gone.
He wants the system gone.

He fired one of "his guys" who he hired as OL coach from the Rams (same system).

Agree or not with the choice, but the choice is to get rid of the system.

Direckshun
01-02-2008, 11:59 AM
I like Webb. I think he could be an apt #3, but it remains to be seen if we can acquire a true #2.

I know Herm's going to be in the hunt for a deep threat, which Webb doesn't provide us. So look for either a FA acquisition or a couple draft picks to give us a #2 and/or a deep threat.

acasas4
01-02-2008, 12:01 PM

FAX

You have to remember what a dumb sh*t Herm really is. Webb is the second receiver and special teams coaching will go unchanged.
Herm is just cleaning out the last of Vermiel's staff. I heard him on the radio toward the end of the season and he was saying he didn't see this coming. (the terrible record) Now it happened because they are rebuilding. I don't buy it. I think this guy thought he had a good team going in to the season.
He's full of sh*t.

Mr. Arrowhead
01-02-2008, 12:03 PM
I for one was pretty impressed how good webb performed the last 2 games of the season

Chiefnj2
01-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Did anyone listen to the interview? Did Herm really say he "thinks" that is it?

TEX
01-02-2008, 12:08 PM

FAX

You have to remember what a dumb sh*t Herm really is. Webb is the second receiver and special teams coaching will go unchanged.
Herm is just cleaning out the last of Vermiel's staff. I heard him on the radio toward the end of the season and he was saying he didn't see this coming. (the terrible record) Now it happened because they are rebuilding. I don't buy it. I think this guy thought he had a good team going in to the season.
He's full of sh*t.

Yep. :shake:

TEX
01-02-2008, 12:14 PM
He wants the system gone.

He fired one of "his guys" who he hired as OL coach from the Rams (same system).

Agree or not with the choice, but the choice is to get rid of the system.

It's the same system that beat him every time we played the Jets when he was there. All Herm did is get rid of the remaining "Vermeil Guys". And he kept a guy in Priefer that did a worse job at coaching Special Teams than he did as a HC. Can this franchise get any lower? :shake:

F*CK YOU HERM! You buck-passing-offense-killing MORON!

FAX
01-02-2008, 12:18 PM
I think you're exactly right, Mr. jAZ.

I can't wait to see our brand spanking new zone blocking system. I wonder who will be playing oline?

FAX

MGRS13
01-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Just like I said in the earlier Herm thread he only fired the DV guys cause THEY were the problem not Herm and his boys. What a joke, once again if you have any respect for this guy you must have a low since of worth. I HATE a guy that can't stand up and admit it when he made a mistake. This is your fault herm DV has nothing to do with it. DV's mess was DV's mess and I blamed him for it but that was 2 years ago. Herm is a GIANT vagina, he just doesn't cry as much as dick. Here's to 2-14 next year.

CoMoChief
01-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Herm was a player. He's said repeatedly that big receivers are the most difficult to cover. Especially for dinky ass dumb sh*ts like Herm.

FAX
Tell that to Steve Smith

Chiefnj2
01-02-2008, 12:32 PM
The other fun fact from the interviews was that Jared Allen said there were NO contract negotiations between him and the team during the season. Way to go Carl!

F Clark Hunt in the ear.

HonestChieffan
01-02-2008, 12:39 PM

FAX

When Herm does Hermspeak and talks about when he was a player, I get all warm and feel like he feels our pain. I really wish he was a fan.

OnTheWarpath58
01-02-2008, 12:42 PM
The other fun fact from the interviews was that Jared Allen said there were NO contract negotiations between him and the team during the season. Way to go Carl!

F Clark Hunt in the ear.

To me, that means they are planning on Tagging him.

Which is the right move, IMO.

Absorb as much risk as possible. Sure, he had a great year this year, and stayed clear of booze, or so we've been told.

But they've already made a mistake by re-signing LJ to a long-term deal, and God knows if they gave him his paydayt and he decides to dive into a bottle again, this place would be at DefCon 5 because we are paying a guy to take a year long vacation.

KCJohnny
01-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Herm- young players need to play. Have to get experience. Build offense around players, not a system. Get players that can help you win games... give them the ball.

Well, we tried it the other way and no championship. Why not try it Herm's way? Definitely fits the pattern Kietzman was preaching about (build around your franchise QB).

The system in place from 2001-2007 was adapted/truncated many times over to do what it it was never designed to do: feature a power running game between the tackles.

MGRS13
01-02-2008, 01:04 PM
Well, we tried it the other way and no championship. Why not try it Herm's way? Definitely fits the pattern Kietzman was preaching about (build around your franchise QB).

The system in place from 2001-2007 was adapted/truncated many times over to do what it it was never designed to do: feature a power running game between the tackles.
Once again you have to have the young players to do it. What young players do we have to build around? One WR and one De, after 2 years this is it?

InChiefsHell
01-02-2008, 01:36 PM
Once again you have to have the young players to do it. What young players do we have to build around? One WR and one De, after 2 years this is it?

Brodie and either Johnson or Smith, Bowe. that's on offense.

Allen, DJ, Page and Hali on Defense.

We still have work to do, but why couldn't you build around the players above?

MGRS13
01-02-2008, 01:45 PM
Brodie and either Johnson or Smith, Bowe. that's on offense.

Allen, DJ, Page and Hali on Defense.

We still have work to do, but why couldn't you build around the players above?
Bowe yes, LJ if he has it in his mind to play, yes. Smith is a backup you don't build around backups.
Allen, DJ yes. Hali and page are ? at this point.
So thats 3 DV (who sucked) draft picks and 1 pick for Herm. Smith,Hali,and page haven't proven they are good enough to build around.
So Herms got 1 great starter in two drafts and we are supposed to think hes going to completly rebuild this team with his 10 picks in this years draft? Not a chance. This team won't be any better next year. I didn't include Brodie in this because He only got to start a few games so at best he gets an incomplete, but if it was up to me I'd be looking for a QB with our #1.

Chiefnj2
01-02-2008, 01:49 PM
If Herm is insisting on building a system around players then why hasn't he done so?

FAX
01-02-2008, 01:54 PM
If Herm is insisting on building a system around players then why hasn't he done so?

That, right there, is a darn good question.

I think that, in his own strange, inept way, he actually tried to do just that, Mr. Chiefnj2. You know, with the whole "simplified offense" deal. Of course, he also thought that he could pound the rock with LJ, use the short passing game to compensate for the oline's inability to pass protect, and punt his way to glory in tight games.

The problem is, of course, none of that actually worked.

FAX

HC_Chief
01-02-2008, 02:47 PM

Sort of... Keitzman preached about building around <font size=h1>A</font> franchise QB. Croyle isn't that.... not by a long shot.

Rausch
01-02-2008, 03:12 PM

So the fans are supposed to be patient with the coaches because it's a young and rebuilding team but Herm doesn't have to be patient with the coaches?

So it's not the head coach's fault the team sucks but it IS the position coaches and coordinators. Got it...

MGRS13
01-02-2008, 03:15 PM
So the fans are supposed to be patient with the coaches because it's a young and rebuilding team but Herm doesn't have to be patient with the coaches?

So it's not the head coach's fault the team sucks but it IS the position coaches and coordinators(who were here under DV). Got it...
fixed your post.

KCJohnny
01-02-2008, 07:39 PM

I think what Herm was saying is to go get the players and build around them. I don't think he's suggesting we have them now.