PDA

View Full Version : New news regarding the draft

The Poz
01-02-2008, 10:54 AM
Interesting news from St. Louis wich could effect the draft:
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/rams/story/9E7775B9622949CB862573C4001A3CB4?OpenDocument

In a nut shell, Adam Carricker suffered a torn labrum muscle in his shoulder and will need surgery. "It's a significant injury; you're looking at sixth months," coach Scott Linehan said.

With the Rams picking 2nd, I'd say it's a shoe-in that they'll take DE Chris Long with the 2nd pick. That'll almost guarantee us getting OT Jake Long. The Rams I felt were our only competition in Jake. Here's my mini mock draft:

1. Miami - DT Glenn Dorsey USC
2. St. Louis - DE Chris Long Virginia
3. (or 4) Oakland - RB Darren McFadden Arkansas
4. (or 3) Atlanta - QB Matt Ryan Boston College
5. (or 4) Kansas City - OT Jake Long Michigan

Of course as long as there is no trade-downs amongst any of these teams.

That's my 2 cents.

Direckshun
01-02-2008, 10:56 AM
The Rams aren't competitive next year no matter who they take, so they need to just draft as if they had Carriker healthy.

HolmeZz
01-02-2008, 10:56 AM
Carriker was playing DT, for one thing. If Jake Long's the best player on their board, they're taking him.

pikesome
01-02-2008, 10:57 AM
Interesting news from St. Louis wich could effect the draft:
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/rams/story/9E7775B9622949CB862573C4001A3CB4?OpenDocument

In a nut shell, Adam Carricker suffered a torn labrum muscle in his shoulder and will need surgery. "It's a significant injury; you're looking at sixth months," coach Scott Linehan said.

With the Rams picking 2nd, I'd say it's a shoe-in that they'll take DE Chris Long with the 2nd pick. That'll almost guarantee us getting OT Jake Long. The Rams I felt were our only competition in Jake. Here's my mini mock draft:

1. Miami - DT Glenn Dorsey USC
2. St. Louis - DE Chris Long Virginia
3. (or 4) Oakland - RB Darren McFadden Arkansas
4. (or 3) Atlanta - QB Matt Ryan Boston College
5. (or 4) Kansas City - OT Jake Long Michigan

Of course as long as there is no trade-downs amongst any of these teams.

That's my 2 cents.

Can Miami handle the PR fallout from not taking a QB? I'm not saying it's the right football decision but I can see a major bitch fest if they don't.

Sure-Oz
01-02-2008, 10:59 AM
Can Miami really **** up this pick, like last year? Probably not with Parcells running the show.

The Poz
01-02-2008, 11:19 AM
Can Miami handle the PR fallout from not taking a QB? I'm not saying it's the right football decision but I can see a major bitch fest if they don't.

They'll stick with Beck. At least for another season. He's the reason they drafted Ginn in the first. They were so high on Beck and new they could get him with their 2nd pick.

Sure-Oz
01-02-2008, 11:20 AM
They'll stick with Beck. At least for another season. He's the reason they drafted Ginn in the first. They were so high on Beck and new they could get him with their 2nd pick.
Ginn should'nt have been a 1st rounder

DaKCMan AP
01-02-2008, 11:20 AM

I think most Fins fans in South Fla would be fine with picking Dorsey.

The Poz
01-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Now, Ryan Clady has declared himself eligible for the draft. Although I don't think this was much of a surprise.
http://www.theolympian.com/sports/story/314896.html

CoMoChief
01-02-2008, 11:28 AM
The Rams aren't competitive next year no matter who they take, so they need to just draft as if they had Carriker healthy.

I wouldnt say that. Their defense sucks but is getting a little better.

They had the most injuries in the NFL. I think it was something like 16 starters were out at some point in the season.

If Pace can stay healthy which is a HUGE if, they can win in that division.

Amnorix
01-02-2008, 11:38 AM

Yes, with Parcells running the show they'll take their best player available unless they think the QB is a clear-cut grade A guy.

Coogs
01-02-2008, 11:56 AM
you're looking at sixth months.

1. January
2. February
3. March
4. April
5. May
6. June

OK, so he misses some upper body strength workouts. But by all accounts, he should be ready by training camp.

DaKCMan AP
01-02-2008, 12:39 PM
atlanta could take Jake Long also.

They have a horrible O line and Chris Redman played ok for them at QB.

They need everything. They could get away with taking any of the top-5 prospects (Dorsey, McFadden, Long, Long, Ryan).

BigChiefFan
01-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Damn, I just don't believe Long will be there when we pick. Matt Ryan doesn't look like the 4th overall pick-Long does.