PDA

View Full Version : Old OC vs new OC

Count Alex's Losses
01-02-2008, 01:38 PM
There are a couple older coaches being mentioned as OC candidates vs some young guys. Which do you prefer?

Given the extreme youth we have/are preparing to have on the offensive side of the ball, I don't like the idea of getting a wet-behind-the-ears OC to coach 'em up. Give me a guy with experience.

Pablo
01-02-2008, 01:42 PM
I want any OC without previous ties to CP/Herm/Chiefs in general. New blood. In any way, shape, or form.

88TG88
01-02-2008, 01:43 PM
I want any OC without previous ties to CP/Herm/Chiefs in general. New blood. In any way, shape, or form.
Agreed, don't care if he's young or old.

Woodrow Call
01-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Part of me wants a young guy with some fresh ideas and some energy but another part of me wants an experienced OC that will tell Herm to STFU.

I guess I'll vote for the young guy and pray Herm leaves him alone.

Sure-Oz
01-02-2008, 01:46 PM
I just want a guy that understands today's game....and isn't living in the early 90's

OnTheWarpath58
01-02-2008, 01:46 PM
That wet-behind-the-ears 31 year old OC in New England really sucked at "coaching 'em up" this year, didn't he?

Young or old, who cares.

Get the best man for the job.

Count Alex's Losses
01-02-2008, 10:34 PM
That wet-behind-the-ears 31 year old OC in New England really sucked at "coaching 'em up" this year, didn't he?

The difference is that there was already an established group of veteran offensive talent in New England. If we had that here, I'd be all in favor of someone like Bates or Price. We don't.

SBK
01-02-2008, 10:36 PM
If you want a fresh apple you don't reach for the bottom of the barrel.

suds79
01-02-2008, 10:46 PM
The difference is that there was already an established group of veteran offensive talent in New England. If we had that here, I'd be all in favor of someone like Bates or Price. We don't.

So what you're saying in a way is that with New Englands talent, they're going to perform pretty much no matter what.

I agree.

Young, old. It doesn't matter. I think coordinators are a little overrated. It's talent that makes coaches look good or bad.

KCJohnny
01-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Give me a guy with experience.

I suspected it, but I never thought you'd be so forward about it.

:eek:

BigRock
01-02-2008, 10:57 PM
Haven't you been daydreaming about Jason Garrett for the last couple months? I don't think he's getting his AARP card anytime soon.

Simplex3
01-02-2008, 10:58 PM
I disagree that an older guy is going to tell Herm to shove it because any older guy is going to be someone Herm knows will do his bidding.

With that said, let Herm pick his guy. No more f**king excuses. If you don't like guy X, fire his ass. Just don't tell me after another year of futility how it's anyone's fault but yours, Herm.

luv
01-02-2008, 11:04 PM
Older may be more experienced, but what kind of experience with what kind of team? Give me someone who's adaptable. Change is inevitable. If doing it the way you've always done it isn't getting the desired results, then change what you're doing.

Count Alex's Losses
01-02-2008, 11:05 PM
If doing it the way you've always done it isn't getting the desired results, then change what you're doing.

Well, you may have a point. Herm's previous OC hires (Hackett, Dennison) were older guys that didn't work out.

the Talking Can
01-02-2008, 11:05 PM
i like the idea of a young OC IF he runs an aggressive offense, and IF Herm will leave him alone....if Herm justs wants an easier puppet then no thanks...

mostly I want someone not related to Carl or the Chiefs...

Count Alex's Losses
01-02-2008, 11:06 PM
mostly I want someone not related to Carl or the Chiefs...

Price and Bates both have Jets connections to Herm.

the Talking Can
01-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Price and Bates both have Jets connections to Herm.

that's ok....just none of the first order Carl relations...

Count Alex's Losses
01-02-2008, 11:09 PM
that's ok....just none of the first order Carl relations...

Why do you think Curled Dick is here?

Pablo
01-02-2008, 11:15 PM
Why do you think Curled Dick is here?That's pretty private information your putting out there.

Have a "one-on-one" interview?

Extra Point
01-02-2008, 11:57 PM
Herm talks big, but he won't open up the O. He'll wants it dumbed down, so even he can understand it.

the Talking Can
01-03-2008, 12:02 AM
Why do you think Curled Dick is here?

baby steps...we aren't going to get rid of every bum at once

not hiring someone like Gun or Hackett...Herm and Curl will be canned, hopefully after only 1 more year...