PDA

View Full Version : USC might get a split of the title, what about Georgia?

chagrin
01-02-2008, 02:00 PM
I find this a bit difficult to accept; Georgia clearly should get a taste, why USC?

Mecca, please let unbiased folks answer before you chime in, thanks :p

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=756856

Gerry Ahern
Yahoo! Sports

MORE: Box score | Rivals.com Bowl Central
PASADENA, Calif. - For the USC Trojans, this Rose Bowl wasn't just about winning.

It was about attracting attention – with prolific offense, dominating defense and ridiculous celebrations – actions that would send a message to the college football world.

The best-laid plans of the Bowl Championship Series and decorum be damned, the Trojans screamed. Showtime was back in L.A., and any talk about the national championship shouldn't be centered solely on Ohio State and LSU.

Quarterback John David Booty helped USC roll up huge offensive numbers against Illinois.
"I would love to play one more," defensive lineman Sedrick Ellis said. "I don't think any team in the NCAA could beat us right now."

Four minutes and three seconds into what would become a 49-17 rout of Illinois on Tuesday, notice was served. The swagger that Stanford had stolen from USC was back. Afterward, you had to wonder: could Pete Carroll's brash team bust up the BCS and earn an Associated Press national title?

Chauncey Washington offered an answer when he hauled in an 8-yard touchdown pass from John David Booty on USC's opening possession. The nine-play, 72-yard drive turned the SC sideline into a chorus line.

Two minutes later, Desmond Reed shouted a response. He somersaulted into the end zone, spiked the ball and incited the crowd after hauling in a 34-yard option pass for USC's second touchdown.

Freshman Joe McKnight weighed in with 125 yards rushing on 10 carries, 45 yards receiving and a touchdown.

Linebacker Rey Maualuga had something to say with three sacks and an interception.

USC racked up 633 yards of total offense, scored seven touchdowns and had one fired-up coach.

In his postgame news conference, Carroll indicated he wouldn't campaign for a split championship or beat the drum for a playoff system as an alternative to the BCS.

But he couldn't hide his true feelings.

"Would we love to still be playing right now? Sure would," Carroll said. "We'd go out there any time, any place, any venue and throw our football out there and see what we could do.

USC 49, Illinois 17
Offensive player of the game
USC freshman running back Joe McKnight showed stunning speed and pass-catching skills. He carried 10 times for 125 yards and a touchdown, including a 65-yard burst. He added six catches for 45 yards.
Defensive player of the game
USC linebacker Rey Maualuga was all over the field, collecting three sacks and intercepting a pass.
Unsung hero
Illinois junior running back Rashard Mendenhall showed why he was the Big Ten offensive player of the year. He had 17 carries for 155 yards and a TD and caught five passes for 59 yards. He will make some NFL team very happy if he leaves Champaign early.
What this means for USC
The Trojans might be playing as well as anyone in the country and are absolutely loaded with talent. They finished with 11 victories for the sixth consecutive season, an NCAA record. John David Booty will move on to the NFL, but Mark Sanchez is ready to step in at quarterback. They'll be right back in the title hunt next season.
What this means for Illinois
The Illini were the nation's most improved team under Liberty Mutual coach of the year Ron Zook. They proved to have the speed and talent to compete and should be even better next year with most of their key personnel returning. Look for them to push Ohio State in the Big Ten.
Etc.
The teams combined for a Rose Bowl record 1,078 yards of total offense. … The Trojans set the Rose Bowl team record for total offense with 633 yards. … USC tied the Rose Bowl scoring record with 49 points. … USC running back Stafon Johnson had 104 yards on nine carries. … The Trojans' defense yielded 445 net yards, but forced four turnovers and picked up five sacks. … The Illini's Vontae Davis led all defenders with 13 tackles. … Illinois quarterback Juice Williams had an up-and-down day, completing 21 of 35 passes for 245 yards with a touchdown and a pair of interceptions. … Arrelious Benn was Williams' favorite target, catching five passes for 80 yards and a score. "Let the argument go on out there for the people who are battling the BCS process to try and figure it out. I don't know, and I have no answers for them. I just wish we could keep playing. And I know these guys do, too."

After letting the Illini climb within 11 points in the third quarter, USC stepped on the accelerator. Powering to their fifth consecutive win, the Trojans seem to be playing as well as any team in the land.

Will the skidmarks they left on the Illini serve as a springboard to a split championship?

The BCS did its best to seal the Trojans' fate by pitting them against Illinois instead of Georgia in the Rose Bowl. The rigged system hoped to quell any chance for controversy over the validity of the Jan. 7 championship game. Instead it served to deny the nation a more interesting Rose matchup that would have better quantified how good USC and Georgia are.

So the Trojans proceeded to pile up a 32-point win over the Illini, 9-4 and the second-best team from a sketchy Big Ten. Meanwhile, the Bulldogs whipped overmatched Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl - just as everyone expected they would.

Not exactly food for thought.

One could argue that USC (11-2) looks better at this stage than Ohio State (11-1). The Buckeyes were beaten by this same Illini team just seven weeks ago in Columbus. It could be debated that the Trojans are superior to LSU (11-2), which bowed to a mediocre Arkansas team on Nov. 23.

With the BCS instead of a playoff, we'll never know.

A USC leap is highly unlikely. In addition to jumping Ohio State and LSU, the Trojans would have to hurdle Georgia and Oklahoma. The Sooners also seem to be peaking, and they are favored to defeat West Virginia in the Fiesta Bowl.

USC can only hope that Ohio State and LSU get bogged down and slog along on Bourbon Street, and the Buckeyes escape with an ugly, narrow victory.

That still won't be enough.

Why? USC would have two losses to Ohio State's one. Say what you will about the Buckeyes' creampuff scheduling (Youngstown State, Akron and Kent State) and the crummy Big Ten.

It doesn't offset the Trojans' Cardinal sin. National champions do not lose to 41-point underdogs. At home. Against a backup quarterback making his first start.

Even the raucous events at the Rose Bowl can't change that.

MORE: Rivals.com Bowl Central

Gerry Ahern is a senior editor for Yahoo! Sports. Send Gerry a question or comment for potential use in a future column or webcast.

MGRS13
01-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Why is it USC is the only team that doesn't have to WIN the national championship in order to WIN a national championship?

DaKCMan AP
01-02-2008, 02:05 PM
National champions do not lose to 41-point underdogs. At home. Against a backup quarterback making his first start.

Even the raucous events at the Rose Bowl can't change that.

QFT

Cochise
01-02-2008, 02:07 PM
They shouldn't even name one this year if the system is so convoluted that even after all these ridiculous bowl selections we don't have a clue who's the best.

88TG88
01-02-2008, 02:09 PM
We don't deserve it. It'd be nice but we shouldn't get it.

|Zach|
01-02-2008, 02:10 PM
USC had a great season capped off by a really impressive bowl win. Prob the most impressive bowl win to date.

NC?

No.

Demonpenz
01-02-2008, 02:13 PM
I hope they get it. I with the class, and the determination they have won it, it would be nice for something to point kids too as doing things the right way

Bob Dole
01-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Why is it USC is the only team that doesn't have to WIN the national championship in order to WIN a national championship?

You'd almost think they were in the unbeatable SEC or something, wouldn't you?

HolmeZz
01-02-2008, 02:31 PM
USC didn't have one big time win all year and managed to suffer one of the bigger upsets in college football history. Even them getting a single vote for #1 would be wrong.

Baconeater
01-02-2008, 02:33 PM
**** it, just give everyone in the top 10 a share of it.

DeepSouth
01-02-2008, 02:34 PM
If NCAA Div I football had a playoff system like all other organized football, this discusion would not happen.

vailpass
01-02-2008, 02:34 PM
SC has 3rd stingers that would start for most programs.
I saw them against ASU, their talent level is off the charts.
They still didn't win out and don't deserve a piece of the Champinonship IMHO.

jjchieffan
01-02-2008, 02:35 PM
I guess they forgot that USC just beat a team that did not deserve a BCS bid.

BigChiefFan
01-02-2008, 02:36 PM
OU still plays tonight and they are ranked 4th in the country-they have more of a leg to stand on then USC and even then without a playoff system, LSU or Ohio State will be number one all alone. USC thinking they deserve to share the title is laughable.

eazyb81
01-02-2008, 02:36 PM
They shouldn't even name one this year if the system is so convoluted that even after all these ridiculous bowl selections we don't have a clue who's the best.

Yep, it's impossible to know this year who the top team is. There are 7 or 8 teams who can make an argument for a share of the NC.

It's such a dumb system, I don't know why we even waste time talking about it.

Lzen
01-02-2008, 02:38 PM
SC has 3rd stingers that would start for most programs.
I saw them against ASU, their talent level is off the charts.
They still didn't win out and don't deserve a piece of the Champinonship IMHO.

Yep. USC and Oklahoma are probably the 2 most talented and under achieving teams this year. They had their chances and failed. Who gives a crap what SC did in a home game against a sacrificial lamb.

jjchieffan
01-02-2008, 02:39 PM
I guess that after VT smashes KU, then everyone will be saying VT should be NC? At least VT has an arguement. They are #3 and were leapfrogged by an undeserving LSU team that is going to get demolished by Ohio State.

DaKCMan AP
01-02-2008, 02:40 PM
I guess that after VT smashes KU, then everyone will be saying VT should be NC? At least VT has an arguement. They are #3 and were leapfrogged by an undeserving LSU team that is going to get demolished by Ohio State.

You mean that LSU team that beat VT 48-7?

:stupid:

HolmeZz
01-02-2008, 02:40 PM

Except for the fact that LSU beat Virginia Tech like 49-0 this season.

|Zach|
01-02-2008, 02:42 PM
USC didn't have one big time win all year and managed to suffer one of the bigger upsets in college football history. Even them getting a single vote for #1 would be wrong.
Whatever, that Illinois game was a big time win.

eazyb81
01-02-2008, 02:42 PM

LOL, LSU demolished VT earlier this season. ACC blows.

Lzen
01-02-2008, 02:43 PM
OU still plays tonight and they are ranked 4th in the country-they have more of a leg to stand on then USC and even then without a playoff system, LSU or Ohio State will be number one all alone. USC thinking they deserve to share the title is laughable.

OU might have an argument if they had not choked away their title hopes against Colorado and Texas Tech.

eazyb81
01-02-2008, 02:47 PM
OU might have an argument if they had not choked away their title hopes against Colorado and Texas Tech.

It's hard to hold the TT loss against them since Bradford was knocked out in the 1st quarter.

I think OU and USC might actually be the two best teams in the country.

jjchieffan
01-02-2008, 02:48 PM
You mean that LSU team that beat VT 48-7?

:stupid:

I mean that same LSU team that got beat by Arkansas. MU beat Arkansas. They also beat Illinois and KU. I guess using their twisted logic, MU should get a share of the national title.

HolmeZz
01-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Whatever, that Illinois game was a big time win.

No it's really not. USC lost the toughest game they had to play this season and also lost to an awful Stanford team on their own field.

jjchieffan
01-02-2008, 02:50 PM
If USC was any other team with the exact same record, they wouldn't even be in a bowl game, much less in NC discussions. USC = wwaaayyy over rated

El Jefe
01-02-2008, 03:02 PM
This is the dumbest thing I have read in a while, yeah lets give the title to a team that lost to a 41 point underdog at home!!! Carroll(sp) is any idiot if he thinks they will even consider giving him a share of the title. The game was close for a while, it could have been 21-17 if Illinois didn't fumble down inside territory, Illinois should of never been in the Rose Bowl in the first place. Here are some teams I think would give USC a good game and beat USC.
1.tOSU
2.LSU
3.Oklahoma
4.Mizzou
5.Florida (if their defense decided to play)

El Jefe
01-02-2008, 03:04 PM
USC=Overrated, Media Golden Team, all we get to hear is how Carroll (sp) is a genious and what a power house SC is blah blah blah. No one remembers them losing to Stanford, even though it's one game it's still to a 41 POINT UNDERDOG, at home I don't care who you are that throws you out of contention for a title share.

El Jefe
01-02-2008, 03:05 PM
No it's really not. USC lost the toughest game they had to play this season and also lost to an awful Stanford team on their own field.

QFT

88TG88
01-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Carroll(sp) is any idiot if he thinks they will even consider giving him a share of the title.

In his postgame news conference, Carroll indicated he wouldn't campaign for a split championship or beat the drum for a playoff system as an alternative to the BCS.

Give him more credit than that. He's not Urban Crier after all.

El Jefe
01-02-2008, 03:08 PM
"Would we love to still be playing right now? Sure would," Carroll said. "We'd go out there any time, any place, any venue and throw our football out there and see what we could do.

This just kills it for me, so arrogant, because you had your chance to play for a title but blew it when you lost 2 games, one of which to Stanford. Hey coach here's any idea, how about you control your team and win with some class instead of letting your team accrue 20 personal fouls and unsportsman like conducts, ridiculous to me, I don't care if your trying to prove a point. The point is, the Media for some stupid reason put Illinois in the wolves den, when it should of gone to a more deserving team. Illinois=Hawaii, for this Bowl Series anyway.

Mecca
01-02-2008, 03:09 PM
If USC was any other team with the exact same record, they wouldn't even be in a bowl game, much less in NC discussions. USC = wwaaayyy over rated

Just so you know USC won the Pac 10, being in that bowl had nothing to do with name.

Mecca
01-02-2008, 03:10 PM

This just kills it for me, so arrogant, because you had your chance to play for a title but blew it when you lost 2 games, one of which to Stanford. Hey coach here's any idea how about you control your team and win with some class instead of letting your team accrue 20 personal fouls and unsportsman like conducts, ridiculous to me, I don't care if your trying to prove a point. The point is, the Media for some stupid reason put Illinois in the wolves den, when it should of gone to a more deserving team. Illinois=Hawaii, for this Bowl Series anyway.

That's the whole manta of the team and how Pete is, anytime anywhere...look at next years non con..

No other big boys schedule like Pete does.

Pablo
01-02-2008, 03:10 PM
The Illinois game wasn't a big win for the USC program. USC should have really smashed any and everybody they played this year.

A big win over Illinois for Missouri doesn't equate as a big win for USC.

USC should have played Georgia in the Rose Bowl, that would have been a great game. Illinois could have played Hawai'i, I don't really care. USC doesn't deserve NC consideration, because NC caliber teams don't lose to Stanford. That's about all there is to it. If Michigan had gone 11-1 this season, beating OSU, but losing to Appalachian State, they wouldn't deserve a shot at the NC.

kstater
01-02-2008, 03:12 PM
I can't believe that this is even a conversation.

88TG88, props for not being a blind homer.

El Jefe
01-02-2008, 03:13 PM
That's the whole manta of the team and how Pete is, anytime anywhere...look at next years non con..

No other big boys schedule like Pete does.

Can't wait to play you next year, at your place.

El Jefe
01-02-2008, 03:15 PM
The Illinois game wasn't a big win for the USC program. USC should have really smashed any and everybody they played this year.

A big win over Illinois for Missouri doesn't equate as a big win for USC.

USC should have played Georgia in the Rose Bowl, that would have been a great game. Illinois could have played Hawai'i, I don't really care. USC doesn't deserve NC consideration, because NC caliber teams don't lose to Stanford. That's about all there is to it. If Michigan had gone 11-1 this season, beating OSU, but losing to Appalachian State, they wouldn't deserve a shot at the NC.

I actually thought that Georgia would be in that game. Illinois had no credentials to be in that game besides they beat us on the worst game of the year for us, albeit it is a loss.

Garcia Bronco
01-02-2008, 03:19 PM
There is no split title. There is the BCS and that's it. If you're refering to the AP...their doesn't count. It means nothing...like the pepsi rookie of the year.

Mecca
01-02-2008, 03:21 PM
It's just some guy writing an article I don't see how it's even possible. I'd gladly take it but I don't expect it or think we in some way deserve it either.

Pablo
01-02-2008, 03:29 PM
Can't wait to play you next year, at your place.Ohio State vs. USC....that ought to be a very entertaining game. Chris Wells is going to be an absolute beast next year. It's too bad OSU is losing three defensive stars this offseason, probably all in the 1st round too. Losing three 1st rounders + game at USC = Bad News. I suppose USC is in the same sort of predicament, but I think they have much greater depth.

DaKCMan AP
01-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Just so you know USC won the Pac 10, being in that bowl had nothing to do with name.

Don't bother. Thinks VT is more deserving than LSU and doesn't understand the structure of the bowl system.

alpha_omega
01-02-2008, 03:52 PM
No playoff = no real champion!!!!!

El Jefe
01-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Ohio State vs. USC....that ought to be a very entertaining game. Chris Wells is going to be an absolute beast next year. It's too bad OSU is losing three defensive stars this offseason, probably all in the 1st round too. Losing three 1st rounders + game at USC = Bad News. I suppose USC is in the same sort of predicament, but I think they have much greater depth.

Said the same thing when we lost all these in the first round, in the 2006 Draft, we do what we have done before and fill the skill positions with skill players, just like this year was supposed to be a rebuilding year.
1. AJ Hawk 5th pick
2. Donta Whitner 9th pick
3. Bobby Carpenter 18th pick
4. Santonio Holmes 25th pick
5. Nick Mangold 29th pick

El Jefe
01-02-2008, 03:54 PM
Gonzo88, yeah you guys do have some depth, didn't one of the waterboys catch a td also.

Pablo
01-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Gonzo88, yeah you guys do have some depth, didn't one of the waterboys catch a td also.Whoa..let's not get this thing twisted. I'm not a USC fan by any means. If anything I'm a KU and an OSU fan. I grew up watching Ohio State and Big 10 football in general, a whole bunch of my family lives out in Ohio, I'm just saying USC is gonna be a tough task. I know OSU always has great recruiting classes, but replacing guys like Gholston, Laurinitis, and Jenkins is going to be a tough task.

El Jefe
01-02-2008, 04:06 PM
But those are the guys who replace the irreplaceable the year before.
Hawk--Laurinitis
Carpenter--Gholston
Whitner--Jenkins (Whitner played more S, Jenkins is more a hybrid.)

Der Flöprer
01-02-2008, 04:09 PM
USC had a great season capped off by a really impressive bowl win. Prob the most impressive bowl win to date.

NC?

No.

Illinois? Are you talking about this year's bowl games? Or USC's bowl games? I think Michigan beating FL was more impressive in this year's bowl games. I think USC's rout of Oklahoma for the NC a couple of years ago was more impressive for them.

Der Flöprer
01-02-2008, 04:10 PM

Except they're playing another coachless team. I'm sorry, if you beat a coachless team in a bowl game, it means squat.

Pablo
01-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Except they're playing another coachless team. I'm sorry, if you beat a coachless team in a bowl game, it means squat.Shhh...don't tell Mizzou fans that. One-dimensional coachless teams are really tough opponents.

Frazod
01-02-2008, 04:17 PM
Shhh...don't tell Mizzou fans that. One-dimensional coachless teams are really tough opponents.

A Jayhoax fan criticizing another team for facing a weak opponent.

Oh irony. ROFL

Der Flöprer
01-02-2008, 04:18 PM
Shhh...don't tell Mizzou fans that. One-dimensional coachless teams are really tough opponents.

I am a Mizzou fan. I'm not gonna walk around saying "Ooh, we beat an SEC team, look at us, the SEC is overrated." It was the 6th place SEC team that had no head coach. I'm glad Mizzou won, but I'm not delusional.

Chief Henry
01-02-2008, 04:36 PM
I guess they forgot that USC just beat a team that did not deserve a BCS bid.

You got that right. Iowa beat Illini and Iowa sucked this year.

Mecca
01-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Whoa..let's not get this thing twisted. I'm not a USC fan by any means. If anything I'm a KU and an OSU fan. I grew up watching Ohio State and Big 10 football in general, a whole bunch of my family lives out in Ohio, I'm just saying USC is gonna be a tough task. I know OSU always has great recruiting classes, but replacing guys like Gholston, Laurinitis, and Jenkins is going to be a tough task.

Just remember at the very least, we lose Ellis, Jackson, Rivers, Thomas, Davis, Baker, Radovich and Booty of course losing Booty may be an addition.

DaKCMan AP
01-02-2008, 04:40 PM
You got that right. Iowa beat Illini and Iowa sucked this year.

What non-BCS team who was eligible should have received a bid instead of Illinois?

Baconeater
01-02-2008, 05:03 PM
What non-BCS team who was eligible should have received a bid instead of Illinois?
That's part of the problem, no one else was eligible. The fact that the Rose Bowl keeps its Pac-10 and Big Televen tie-ins basically gives either conference an automatic at-large bid anytime on of those two have a participant in the BCS Championship game. This will be the case every year now since the Bowl games and the Championship game are separate entities.

DaKCMan AP
01-02-2008, 05:07 PM
That's part of the problem, no one else was eligible. The fact that the Rose Bowl keeps its Pac-10 and Big Televen tie-ins basically gives either conference an automatic at-large bid anytime on of those two have a participant in the BCS Championship game. This will be the case every year now since the Bowl games and the Championship game are separate entities.

The other eligible teams were BC and ASU, neither more worthy than Illinois. Even if you expand the field from top-14 to top-18, Clemson, BYU or Wisconsin shouldn't go.

As long as a team wins at least 9 games and is ranked in the top-14, they're eligible. The problem, IMO, is the max. 2 teams per conference rule.

Baconeater
01-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Even if you expand the field from top-14 to top-18 BC wasn't any more worthy than the Illini. Clemson? No.

As long as a team wins at least 9 games and is ranked in the top-14, they're eligible. The problem, IMO, is the max. 2 teams per conference rule.
It doesn't matter, that's the rule for rest of the BCS bowls, the Rose Bowl still has its conference tie ins. Illinois was the ONLY team eligible for that particular bowl due to OSU being in the title game. They basically were awarded the berth by default.

DaKCMan AP
01-02-2008, 05:30 PM
It doesn't matter, that's the rule for rest of the BCS bowls, the Rose Bowl still has its conference tie ins. Illinois was the ONLY team eligible for that particular bowl due to OSU being in the title game. They basically were awarded the berth by default.

No, that's not true. If you read the selection rules, the Rose Bowl had the 1st selection among all the bowls due to OSU being the #1 team for the BCS NC game and could have selected anyone other than USC, VT and OU who were automatic bids. They could have taken anyone else. They chose to take Illinois, they weren't required to.

Baconeater
01-02-2008, 05:41 PM
No, that's not true. If you read the selection rules, the Rose Bowl had the 1st selection among all the bowls due to OSU being the #1 team for the BCS NC game and could have selected anyone other than USC, VT and OU who were automatic bids. They could have taken anyone else. They chose to take Illinois, they weren't required to.
If that's true then it must've changed this year. I know when the Rose Bowl (finally) joined the BCS they kept the tie-in except for when they hosted the title game, and I assumed since it was a P-10/B-10 matchup this year that it was still the case.

Edit: OK, I'm (sort of) wrong. The tie-in isn't set in stone.

From wikipedia:

Since 1998, however, with the creation of the Bowl Championship Series, team selection for the Rose Bowl is now tied to the other three BCS bowls, although in any given year the Rose Bowl still attempts, if possible, to maintain the traditional Pac-10 versus Big Ten format.

SCTrojan
01-02-2008, 05:50 PM
So a Yahoo sports guy goes on a speculation binge and we're lending credence to it?

I don't think we deserve any part of the national championship - that should go to the winner of the LSU/OSU game.

I do believe we'd win in a playoff format, but that doesn't exist so the point is moot. I'm sure other fans of other teams feel the same way.

Pete Carroll has always been a proponent of a playoff system, and that quote came from his response to the question of whether he'd like to play another game. IMO he wasn't politicking or trying to influence voters - he was simply stating his opinion.

chagrin
01-02-2008, 07:15 PM
Pete Carroll has always been a proponent of a playoff system, and that quote came from his response to the question of whether he'd like to play another game. IMO he wasn't politicking or trying to influence voters - he was simply stating his opinion.

Has he ever stated publicly, the same thing when they were wiping the floor with the rest of the nation?

kstater
01-02-2008, 07:18 PM
Has he ever stated publicly, the same thing when they were wiping the floor with the rest of the nation?

Well what would be the point of that? :hmmm:

SCTrojan
01-02-2008, 08:05 PM

Here's what he said on Dec. 7, 2003, after we had finished #1 in the AP poll and #3 in the BCS:

"I know there's controversy but that comes with the system," Carroll said. "Until a playoff that's what will happen."

Link: http://usctrojans.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/120703aac.html

Lzen
01-03-2008, 03:02 PM
It's hard to hold the TT loss against them since Bradford was knocked out in the 1st quarter.

I think OU and USC might actually be the two best teams in the country.

ROFL Still think that?

|Zach|
01-03-2008, 03:05 PM
Oklahoma really made the Big 12 and Missouri look like a bunch of assholes. Holy shit.

Pablo
01-03-2008, 03:10 PM
Oklahoma really made the Big 12 and Missouri look like a bunch of assholes. Holy shit.Have no fear. KU will come to the Big 12's rescue tonight in their prime-time bowl game.

Have faith.

|Zach|
01-03-2008, 03:12 PM
Have no fear. KU will come to the Big 12's rescue tonight in their prime-time bowl game.

Have faith.
VT is a top 40 team.

El Jefe
01-03-2008, 03:13 PM
Have no fear. KU will come to the Big 12's rescue tonight in their prime-time bowl game.

Have faith.

I think KU will win, but it wont cover up the debacle of that horrid game that OU "played" in.

Lzen
01-03-2008, 03:14 PM
Oklahoma really made the Big 12 and Missouri look like a bunch of assholes. Holy shit.

No kidding. What is with OU? They have been pretty poor in bowl games the past several years since they won that championship 6-7 years ago. They have been blown out a couple times that I remember (by USC in the title 3 or so years ago and again this year) and they lost to a Boise State team that everyone thought they should have beaten. WTH, OU?

Where's lj4mvp or that one douche hole that shows up every once in awhile proclaiming OU's dominance?

|Zach|
01-03-2008, 03:17 PM
No kidding. What is with OU? They have been pretty poor in bowl games the past several years since they won that championship 6-7 years ago. They have been blown out a couple times that I remember (by USC in the title 3 or so years ago and again this year) and they lost to a Boise State team that everyone thought they should have beaten. WTH, OU?

Where's lj4mvp or that one douche hole that shows up every once in awhile proclaiming OU's dominance?
The way they get up for those Big 12 Championships...and then they come with that. Infuriating.

El Jefe
01-03-2008, 03:18 PM
Anybody else watch Loadholtz drop his draft stock like a lead balloon, he was absolutely dominated all game, and when he wasn't he accumulated one of his many holding penalties.

Pablo
01-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Anybody else watch Loadholtz drop his draft stock like a lead balloon, he was absolutely dominated all game, and when he wasn't he accumulated one of his many holding penalties.Yeah, might as well be named "Hold"holt.

El Jefe
01-03-2008, 03:32 PM
Yeah, might as well be named "Hold"holt.

It was awful, I was excited to see him play until the ball was snapped, he allowed the first sack, on the 2nd or 3rd play of the game LOL.

Ceej
01-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Where's dumpy?

CoMoChief
01-03-2008, 05:53 PM
They lost to ****ing Stanford. Hell no they don't deserve the title.

Illinois suck anyways. No ****ing way did they deserve to go to a BCS Bowl game.

Yeah they beat Ohio St who was ranked #1 at the time, but OSU is also the most overrated team in the land and played a cupcake schedule.

Skip Towne
01-03-2008, 06:07 PM

Do you mean baby carrot?

Pablo
01-03-2008, 07:21 PM
Do you mean baby carrot?superpoupe.

Yeah, apparently he didn't come back around to call everyone vegetables, I'm pretty disappointed.

alanm
01-03-2008, 07:28 PM
USC ain't getting shit. They lost to Stanford.