PDA

View Full Version : Just found out I have a torn rotator cuff

BIG_DADDY
01-02-2008, 03:55 PM
:cuss:

I am not sure I can get through this without surgery either. Apparently I have had it for quite awhile and have just been trying to work through it.

siberian khatru
01-02-2008, 03:56 PM
You never had much of a fastball anyway.

BigVE
01-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Is it just partial tear?

They have all sorts of excercises if it's only a partial. Been through that a few times.

MGRS13
01-02-2008, 03:59 PM
So what your saying is you are in line to be the backup QB here next year?

HonestChieffan
01-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Probably some stuff you can buy and cream you can rub on it. Check with the guys at the gym.

or

Man up, go to a real doc and have surgury like the rest of us who have had it.

JohninGpt
01-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Rub some dirt on it.

Simplex3
I told you to masturbate less.

El Jefe
My dad had it done, never has been right.

Demonpenz
01-02-2008, 04:09 PM
sucks, I would just get it fixed correctly. sucks trying to work out though and wondering how hard to push yourself without injury. you know your body best obvouisly though

Buehler445
01-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Sorry to hear that man. That's pretty damn painful. Be sure you get a good Dr. to take care of you. I have heard lots of horror stories about them not healing correctly and having lifelong problems.

Good luck!

Fish
01-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Just went through the same thing last summer after a water skiing injury. Most frustrating injury I've ever had. Mostly because of the time it took to rehab. Couldn't do a damn thing at first. Putting on my shirt was painful. Couldn't sleep on my left side. Rotating my arm sounded like a box of rocks.

Mine was a tear and didn't need surgery. Knowing that, I can't imagine going through a full tear, that would drive me crazy. I ended up taking cortisone shots a few times when I did too much with it. I was on some sort of joint medication that cost a fortune.

Hope yours isn't bad. Try to be patient...

RP_McMurphy
01-02-2008, 04:11 PM
That's some serious whacking.....

BIG_DADDY
01-02-2008, 04:26 PM
Is it just partial tear?

They have all sorts of excercises if it's only a partial. Been through that a few times.

I haven't had an MRI but have always been concerned about it. I saw a doctor today who more of less confirmed what I had suspected all along. I know how to rehab it I'll just see how it goes and make a decision from there on whether or not to have surgery. It's really disappointing because I had all the tournaments I was was planning on doing this year. It's been bad for awhile though so I'm not really optimistic. At the very least I would like to do the tourneys in March before surgery and just suck it up.

Skip Towne
01-02-2008, 04:28 PM
Did you see a Dr. or the village shaman?

BigMeatballDave
01-02-2008, 04:28 PM
I told you to masturbate less.Or, just switch off every now and again...

BIG_DADDY
01-02-2008, 04:31 PM

This coming from a guy who had a stroke and didn't want to see a doctor. OK skipper. :shake:

BigVE
01-02-2008, 04:32 PM
I haven't had an MRI but have always been concerned about it. I saw a doctor today who more of less confirmed what I had suspected all along. I know how to rehab it I'll just see how it goes and make a decision from there on whether or not to have surgery. It's really disappointing because I had all the tournaments I was was planning on doing this year. It's been bad for awhile though so I'm not really optimistic. At the very least I would like to do the tourneys in March before surgery and just suck it up.

I did a couple of tourneys with a tear and it didnt turn out so well. The hardest part is trying to modify your training to compensate for the injury...it's just not the same. I did away with any and all over the head presses and tried to use more dumbbells but it didn't matter. It hurt most when I was trying to sleep. Good luck, do the right thing.

Chief Henry
01-02-2008, 04:33 PM
I told you to masturbate less.

Dude !

BIG_DADDY
01-02-2008, 04:36 PM
I did a couple of tourneys with a tear and it didnt turn out so well. The hardest part is trying to modify your training to compensate for the injury...it's just not the same. I did away with any and all over the head presses and tried to use more dumbbells but it didn't matter. It hurt most when I was trying to sleep. Good luck, do the right thing.

I have been off weights for 2 months now because of it. Nights are the worst. That and putting on shirts. Did you get surgery?

BigVE
01-02-2008, 04:41 PM
I have been off weights for 2 months now because of it. Nights are the worst. That and putting on shirts. Did you get surgery?

Nope. Had to back way off, went with super light-weighted therapy. It took a while for it to heal up but afterwards I had to avoid ALL shoulder presses (unless very light) and only benched with boards. Sucked but it was better than hurting. Right shoulder twice and left once.

BIG_DADDY
01-02-2008, 04:47 PM
Nope. Had to back way off, went with super light-weighted therapy. It took a while for it to heal up but afterwards I had to avoid ALL shoulder presses (unless very light) and only benched with boards. Sucked but it was better than hurting. Right shoulder twice and left once.

Can you do dumbbell incline?

HonestChieffan
01-02-2008, 04:51 PM

In Calilalaland thats one in the same...they probably have like a rotatorcuff midwife/vet/state representative.

BigVE
01-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Can you do dumbbell incline?

Not me man, I could do it but not very deep. That was actually one of the worst movements for me. Only things I could go heavy on were dumbbell flat bench, decline bench and flat bench to a one or two board. Same with the opposing movements for the back, I could do seated rows but not upright rows. Once I eliminated the damaging movements the healing process took effect (obviously). Finding what YOU can and can't do without aggravating it will be key.

BIG_DADDY
01-02-2008, 05:03 PM
In Calilalaland thats one in the same...they probably have like a rotatorcuff midwife/vet/state representative.

God you're a dipshit. We have the best sports medical doctor in the country right over in Fremont Dr. Ting. I will more than likely see him if I need this repaired.

BIG_DADDY
01-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Not me man, I could do it but not very deep. That was actually one of the worst movements for me. Only things I could go heavy on were dumbbell flat bench, decline bench and flat bench to a one or two board. Same with the opposing movements for the back, I could do seated rows but not upright rows. Once I eliminated the damaging movements the healing process took effect (obviously). Finding what YOU can and can't do without aggravating it will be key.

I will probably get an MRI in April and have surgery on it if it is bad at all. Once torn it never really heals you just stengthen the supporting tissue.

BigVE
01-02-2008, 05:06 PM
You know Big D, I also know of a couple of guys who THOUGHT they had torn rotator cuffs and found out it was actually bone spurs instead. They had most of the same symptoms but it would not heal because even the therapy movements were muscle grinding against the spurs so it was always inflamed.

BIG_DADDY
01-02-2008, 05:10 PM
You know Big D, I also know of a couple of guys who THOUGHT they had torn rotator cuffs and found out it was actually bone spurs instead. They had most of the same symptoms but it would not heal because even the therapy movements were muscle grinding against the spurs so it was always inflamed.

That's why I got to get an MRI. T-1 always goes out on me ever since I broke and seperated my other shoulder. this may be what is causing the problem. I used to have free access to DR. Ting when I ran the health club in the same parking lot. Sure wish I had that about now.

gblowfish
01-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Another potential Royals reliever down the drain...

Iowanian
01-02-2008, 05:33 PM
Maybe a pitbull vaccination from a bisexual woman's motorcross rider who hides her money offshore would have prevented it?

That sucks. I suppose you and your doctor are the ones who have to look at the big picture and see if surgery is the only way out.

Rub some green tea leaves on it in a steam Teepee.

BIG_DADDY
01-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Maybe a pitbull vaccination from a bisexual woman's motorcross rider who hides her money offshore would have prevented it?

That sucks. I suppose you and your doctor are the ones who have to look at the big picture and see if surgery is the only way out.

Thanks dude.

Mecca
01-02-2008, 05:39 PM
I did this while I was in high school..I tore mine all the way through. Surgery is the only option because it won't heal without it...all I know was it hurt like a bastard and was a rather long term recovery...

I'm fine now and my scar isn't very noticeable.

mlyonsd
01-02-2008, 05:40 PM
:cuss:

I am not sure I can get through this without surgery either. Apparently I have had it for quite awhile and have just been trying to work through it.

I had shoulder surgery 2 years ago and the shoulder is fine. Shop around for a good ortho doc and you'll be glad to get it done if it's bothering you like mine was.

HonestChieffan
01-02-2008, 05:42 PM

Oh come on now Dr. Ting no doubt knows a ting or two about dees tings. Hell Dr Ting had a clinic in a parking lot with a health club. And you have the gall to make light of it.

Tings like this make me so angry.

BIG_DADDY
01-02-2008, 05:51 PM
Oh come on now Dr. Ting no doubt knows a ting or two about dees tings. Hell Dr Ting had a clinic in a parking lot with a health club. And you have the gall to make light of it.

Tings like this make me so angry.

Dr. Arthur Ting is Barry Bonds doctor you douchebag. He works on thousands of professional athletes who come from all over the world. His office and rehab area is literally wallpapered with pictures of all of them thanking him. Keep talking out your ass though. You may not be actually be Guntherfan but I gotta tell you, you two definately share the same gene pool.

Here is a little background on the doctor you are making fun of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Ting

BIG_DADDY
01-02-2008, 05:54 PM
I did this while I was in high school..I tore mine all the way through. Surgery is the only option because it won't heal without it...all I know was it hurt like a bastard and was a rather long term recovery...

I'm fine now and my scar isn't very noticeable.

I could probably rehab after surgery in a year or even sooner. I still want to compete this year though so I think I am going to put it off and suck it up for now.

Mecca
01-02-2008, 06:12 PM
If you can suck it up, you can't do anything else to it if it's completely torn. Just don't try to lift your arm very high LOL....

I pretty much had my arm strapped to me when I slept after the surgery.

Mojo Rising
01-02-2008, 06:42 PM
You need to get some Flax Seed Oil and rub it on your shoulder. I hear in comes in a "Cream" solution. It is also helpful to put flax seed oil that is in "Clear" liquid form under the tongue. Worked for Barroid!

HonestChieffan
01-03-2008, 07:21 AM
Dr. Arthur Ting is Barry Bonds doctor you douchebag. He works on thousands of professional athletes who come from all over the world. His office and rehab area is literally wallpapered with pictures of all of them thanking him. Keep talking out your ass though. You may not be actually be Guntherfan but I gotta tell you, you two definately share the same gene pool.

Here is a little background on the doctor you are making fun of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Ting

Maybe he can tell if Barry is a doper or not. Inquiring minds want to know. Or som HGH and you will be good as new.