PDA

View Full Version : I'm not for drafting a QB in the first day, but...

Frankie
01-02-2008, 04:28 PM
...if the right QB falls to the second day I'm not opposed to bringing in some young competition for Brodie. Here is my question about that:

Chad Henne and John David Booty, what rounds are they projected to go?

HolmeZz
01-02-2008, 04:33 PM
Henne will go higher than Booty because he's got a big arm, but I don't see either being anything more than back-up material in the NFL. Based on talent I'd say Henne is probably about a 3rd rounder and Booty's a late 4th-5th rounder.

Frankie
01-02-2008, 04:35 PM
Henne will go higher than Booty because he's got a big arm, but I don't see either being anything more than back-up material in the NFL. Based on talent I'd say Henne is probably about a 3rd rounder and Booty's a late 4th-5th rounder.
I haven't watched them extensively, but they both looked good in their big games yesterday.

suds79
01-02-2008, 04:39 PM
If Ryan or Brohm turn into a top 5 QB someday, we'll never live down passing them up.

Mecca
01-02-2008, 04:42 PM
Coming from a guy that watched Booty play all the time.....more hype than substance. #1 QB, 5 star recruit, never lived up to even being close to what he should be..

He has all the "tools" but he'll never play like he does or live up to it, I view Henne much the same.

Frankie
01-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Coming from a guy that watched Booty play all the time.....more hype than substance. #1 QB, 5 star recruit, never lived up to even being close to what he should be..

He has all the "tools" but he'll never play like he does or live up to it, I view Henne much the same.
But Palmer was described that way too, albeit before his senior year. I wonder if a good NFL QB coach can make another Palmer out of him.

suds79
01-02-2008, 04:58 PM
But Palmer was described that way too, albeit before his senior year. I wonder if a good NFL QB coach can make another Palmer out of him.

Man if there's a coach who can make a mid rounder type guy into a guy who went 1st in the NFL draft a few years ago, I really hope the Chiefs hire him.

Pablo
01-02-2008, 05:02 PM
Henne looked good yesterday. It was probably the most complete game of his entire collegiate career. And he deserves props for that, but he's less of a prospect than Brodie was, and the same can be said for Booty.

Chronic under-achiever in a big time program. If we have to go QB later on, I suppose I'd take Colt Brennan in the 2nd or 3rd. He's got a more solid college resume than Henne or Booty, but played far less substantial competition and had a horrible bowl game. I really don't know who will come off of the board between Henne/Brennan/Booty, but I suspect it would go in the aforementioned order. I imagine the combines will favor Henne over the other two.

If we're really serious about a QB, I guess the "sure pick" is Ryan. I really don't see us taking a QB in the first round, well because, as long as I've been alive we haven't and it doesn't fit Carl's M.O. Who knows though, maybe Herm is working some magic, and pulling for a QB. I don't think Brohm is a bad prospect either, but Ryan is the most desirable of the three.

BWillie
01-02-2008, 05:02 PM
I really like Chad Henne. He succeeded even in Lloyd Carr's system. He's got a great arm, and can pretty much make any throw on the field. I remember another Michigan Quarterback that was a late round pick that ended up being ok...

Frankie
01-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Man if there's a coach who can make a mid rounder type guy into a guy who went 1st in the NFL draft a few years ago, I really hope the Chiefs hire him.
No, all I'm saying if not because of his senior year, Palmer would probably be a mid-rounder too. I remember he was often refered to as a disappointment. Lucky for him, he "arrived" in his senior year. Booty kind of reminds me of Palmer before his senior year. Maybe he is due to "arrive" in the next couple of years too.

RustShack
01-02-2008, 05:07 PM

Like the Patriots QB coach?

suds79
01-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Like the Patriots QB coach?

:clap: Sure. Let's go get him.

Frankie
01-02-2008, 05:08 PM
I really like Chad Henne. He succeeded even in Lloyd Carr's system. He's got a great arm, and can pretty much make any throw on the field. I remember another Michigan Quarterback that was a late round pick that ended up being ok...
That's what I mean by the topic of this thread. Seems like Henne and Booty carry themselves like prototype pro QBs whereas the others I have seen look like college QBs.

Mecca
01-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Todd McShay was just talking about QB's and said..the Chiefs and Falcons both need QB, which ever one doesn't get the 3rd pick will miss out...

doomy3
01-02-2008, 05:18 PM

What are you talking about? We already have that coach!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y36/doomy3/dick_curl.jpg

Brock
01-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Todd McShay was just talking about QB's and said..the Chiefs and Falcons both need QB, which ever one doesn't get the 3rd pick will miss out...

It wouldn't be a major loss. This team needs help everywhere.

Sure-Oz
01-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Henne has the look of a pro QB and that was the best game i have seen him play. IF he falls to the 2nd day we'd have to take him.

HemiEd
01-02-2008, 05:57 PM
Brodie will have plenty of time to develop behind Chad Pennington.

Ebolapox
01-02-2008, 06:27 PM

any chance that either comes to the nfl and has a 'brady'-like transformation?

Pablo
01-02-2008, 06:30 PM
any chance that either comes to the nfl and has a 'brady'-like transformation?I forget where I heard it, but some "experts" were really talking up this Joe Flacco fella outta Delaware. I almost got to watch their bowl game, but it was on a couple weeks ago, around Christmas time. Aparently he's projected to go in the late rounds, but has prototypical size, arm strength, etc.

His biggest knock was that he played at Delaware of course, and he's more of a pocket passer, not the most mobile.

Hydrae
01-02-2008, 06:32 PM

I thought it was determined that we could not get the #3 pick, it will either be 4 or 5. :shrug:

Hydrae
01-02-2008, 06:34 PM
What are you talking about? We already have that coach!

Image removed for sanities sake.

:Lin:

Please, at least give a warning if you are going to post grotesque things like that! Maybe a NSFW tag or something. :cuss:

OnTheWarpath58
01-02-2008, 06:35 PM
I thought it was determined that we could not get the #3 pick, it will either be 4 or 5. :shrug:

That is correct.

Hydrae
01-02-2008, 06:38 PM
That is correct.

So the pundit that Mecca was quoting doesn't even know where we will be drafting. That makes me want to listen to what he has to say. :rolleyes:

ChiefsCountry
01-02-2008, 06:42 PM
So the pundit that Mecca was quoting doesn't even know where we will be drafting. That makes me want to listen to what he has to say. :rolleyes:

McShay is a douche just like Kiper.

ct
01-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Brodie will have plenty of time to develop behind Chad Pennington.

\nuthooks