PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day Colors

Bwana
07-28-2001, 10:45 AM
I was at opening day last year and it was about 95 degrees with high humidity. I assume it will be about the same conditions this year. The home team can choose to wear home or away colors.

I'm wondering if Vermeil is going to send the boys from "Oakland" out in their home jet black uniforms?

Thoughts............

Luzap
07-28-2001, 11:12 AM
Bwana,

I hope so. I also hope that we'll wear our 'all whites'.

Luz
in all out war you take every advantageyou can get...

KCJohnny
07-28-2001, 11:14 AM
I'm with Luzap, ditch the red pants. We didn't do well in them.

Logical
07-28-2001, 11:22 AM
I agree ditch the red pants, to me they call back memories of the 80s.

California Injun
07-28-2001, 11:27 AM
Quick history lesson/quiz:

Have the Chiefs EVER worn their away jerseys while playing at Arrowhead?

Methinks tradition will not be broken.

stevieray
07-28-2001, 11:27 AM
I'll take red pants over orange nike swoops anyday.

milkman
07-28-2001, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by KCJohnny
I'm with Luzap, ditch the red pants. We didn't do well in them.

You know, I never thought of it that way.
Geez, here I was thinking that the moronic coaching might have had something to do with the piss poor performance of the team.
Where on earth did I get that idea?

milkman
07-28-2001, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Logical
I agree ditch the red pants, to me they call back memories of the 80s.

To me, it always brings up memories of Dawson, Taylor, Lanier, Bell, etc., etc.
I like the red pants.
Stay with 'em Dick.

Nelson Muntz
07-28-2001, 12:00 PM
(begin sarcasm) geez i guess i was an idiot thinking it was the coaches. it all makes sense now. it was those damn red pants (end sarcasm)

Bwana
07-28-2001, 12:15 PM
Don't get me wrong, there is nothing like seeing the Chiefs in their HOME red, but I think it would be a b!tch for the Raiders to have to play in that heat sporting black. ;)

Nelson Muntz
07-28-2001, 12:29 PM
i agree

we should wear all white uniforms and make those raider pussies wear all black when the heat index should be near 110. or somewhere around there

chiefqueen
07-28-2001, 12:32 PM
The chiefs must declare soon after the schedule comes out whether they want to wear the light or dark jerseys for home games. The NFL does not allow teams to chose their attire at the last minute based on "weather conditions". Carl Peterson explained this several years ago.

Luzap
07-28-2001, 12:37 PM
chiefqueen,

I must have missed that.

Didn't Jacksonville pull that on us one or two years ago?

Luz
i was sure they did???...

Nelson Muntz
07-28-2001, 12:43 PM
i thought they pulled that crap too. i haven't been able to find anything on the net about the rules concerning this yet. if anyone does please post a link

Rausch
07-28-2001, 12:46 PM
This is one of the things I HATE about our team....

Green Bay, the florida teams, and the northeast teams all have their own distinct advantages due to their extreme climates. Florida is hot and unbearable this time of year, Ditto KC. Green bay and the Northeast teams are Hell to warm climate teams like Oakland, TB, etc......

Why NOT have camp here in the unbearable heat, get more accostomed to it, and have a distinct advantage come gametime? Make Oakland dread the humidity, Make the Jagwads and Bucks of the NFL dread our unbearable winter games?

No, instead we shelter the team in camp and we sweat and suffer just as much as the visiting team come September.....??????:confused:

chiefqueen
07-28-2001, 01:24 PM
Luzap,

I think that may have been when Carl mentioned the rule. He stated that the FLA teams know it will still be hot in FLA in Sept so they will wear they white jersey and make the visitor wear dark jerseys. He also stated that one team (can't remember who) want to sitch jerseys the week of the game. CARL TOLD THEM NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!

California Injun
07-28-2001, 01:50 PM
Ive never heard of this rule where the teams have to submit theie jersey preferences BEFORE the season begins. I mean how hard is it for the equipment managers to switch jerseys the week of the game?

As long as the opposing team in notified before they pack its gear, that should suffice.

I can remember numerous teams in the 70s and 80s making Dallas wear its "home" blues on the road for a psychological edge as the Cowboys didn't play well while wearing them. (That and they looked hideous.)

aturnis
07-28-2001, 03:23 PM
They don't have to submit their home preference for jersey color before the season starts, hmmm......say we chose white if that were true. White at home.....white away, we would never wear our darks. Injun has it right when he says that you only need to notify them before they are ready to go......

Bwana
07-28-2001, 05:50 PM
LUZ: "Didn't Jacksonville pull that on us one or two years ago? "

They did indeed, I remember it well and it sucked! Why not do it to the Faiders? 95 degrees with nasty humid like conditions in black uniforms. Nothing says welcome back to Arrowhead to out good pals Chucky and the Raiders like making them sweat it out in black. :D

Queen: Do you have some link to this theory of "you must declare uniform color before the season?" I would love to read it if you do.

Bwana
07-28-2001, 05:50 PM
LUZ: "Didn't Jacksonville pull that on us one or two years ago? "

They did indeed, I remember it well and it sucked! Why not do it to the Faiders? 95 degrees with nasty humid like conditions in black uniforms. Nothing says welcome back to Arrowhead to out good pals Chucky and the Raiders like making them sweat it out in black. :D

Queen: Do you have some link to this theory of "you must declare uniform color before the season?" I would love to read it if you do.

DaWolf
07-28-2001, 06:06 PM
Lamar is a tradition guy, so no way the Chiefs wear anything but red opening day. The Raiders are also about tradition, which is why they elected to wear their black uniforms at home last year despite some hot conditions. I guess it's an AFC West thing with the old school owners...

California Injun
07-28-2001, 06:23 PM
A few short circuits to those Cool Zone fans would be just a effective on the Raiders sidelines.

That and spiking the Gatorade.....:p

Chiefs Pantalones
07-28-2001, 07:11 PM
I say stick with the Red unis. That way when we beat the crap out of them, no raider trolls will come on here and say "it was too hot..." and blah blah. And believe me, they will...there raider fans.:D

CG

my thoughts...

wear the red unis

and for the away games, wear the white pants, because the red pants look gay, IMO.

California Injun
07-28-2001, 08:24 PM
Hey! What about the fans attire?

If we have to wear red and endure those wind sprints to the beer line then, by golly, the players need to suck it up!!:D

AJKCFAN
07-28-2001, 08:45 PM
I think I'll vomit if I see the Raiders take the field at Arrowhead in their black.

This isn't badminton we're playing fellas. This is a man's sport and if wearing Red causes fatigue, well then get a couple of more Cool Zones ready on the sidelines and have more ice in the Gatorade jugs. For good measure, hose the helmets with frigid water. Problem solved.

tommykat
07-28-2001, 09:05 PM
Hey California_Injun
Hey you goof.........I was on ebay all day and trying to get peope to donate. I ran across one you were bidding on. I'm hoping it was for the foundation and not yourself!
:p :p :p :p :p
I'm working the foundation and you played~;)

By the way.......for the girls, myself I will have my overall shorts on with my KC sports bra.....LOL.....yes is appropiate.:D

KS Smitty
07-28-2001, 10:51 PM
Where'd you get your sports bra? I have a cool cap, has fiberoptic cables in the logo. Since everyone seems to think that female Chiefs fans are skanks we need to do what we can to change that!:D
BTW does anyone have a layout of Arrowhead better than what's on the official web site?

Bwana
07-30-2001, 10:06 AM
chiefqueen: Did you have that link regarding the uniforms?