PDA

View Full Version : A reminder to conservative Iowans

Taco John
01-02-2008, 11:13 PM
Just a reminder
Posted by James Ostrowski at January 2, 2008 10:11 PM

Ron Paul is the only candidate who can beat the Democrats this year (http://www.lewrockwell.com/ostrowski/ostrowski83.html).

If Ron doesn’t get the nomination, you will hear Hillary take the oath of office. Even if she doesn't, a man who is to her left, Obama, will.

Don't have any illusions or misconceptions about this.

If Ron Paul is not the nominee, the ten percent of the population who are libertarians will either vote for the Libertarian Party nominee or stay home.

So, now that you know the deal, choose carefully tomorrow and next week.

Lawyers would call this "informed consent."

Taco John
01-02-2008, 11:14 PM
Don't inadvertantly cast a vote for Hillary by throwing it away on Rudy or Huckabee. Over 70% of the nation is anti-war. Don't throw your vote away on candidates who can't win. There are judges at stake. Who is going to appoint better judges than Ron Paul?

Don't risk putting Hillary or Obama in control of picking judges. Vote for the only Republican who can win.

jAZ
01-02-2008, 11:21 PM
I don't know who's more over the top in this forum... you are Jake.

It shouldn't be close... but you are making it hard to vote Jake.

Best of luck tomorrow... I'm hoping you can get 3rd place. That's a huge accomplishment.

And BTW, where did that 10% figure come from?

Mr. Kotter
01-02-2008, 11:23 PM
You internet geek Gestapo type hucksters just may make a better than expected showing....but don't be delusional.

A nice speech, MAYBE in prime time one of the first two nights of the RNC Convention....is all that Dr. Ron is really playing for.

Of course Dr. Ron could REALLY throw the election to Hillary and Obama, by "taking his ball and going home"....by weaseling out and running as a third party candidate, despite his promise not to do so.

;)

Taco John
01-02-2008, 11:28 PM
I don't know who's more over the top in this forum... you are Jake.

It shouldn't be close... but you are making it hard to vote Jake.

Best of luck tomorrow... I'm hoping you can get 3rd place. That's a huge accomplishment.

And BTW, where did that 10% figure come from?

I have to be over the top. My candidate doesn't get the benefit of a doubt that he deserves. We've had to fight for every inch. It's easy for an Obama supporter to sit back on the free media express that you've been on and point fingers at those of us down here with blood, sweat, and tears doing everything we can to keep our candidate in the conversation.

I don't feel an ounce of regret or remorse for my efforts, win or lose.

jAZ
01-02-2008, 11:30 PM
I have to be over the top. My candidate doesn't get the benefit of a doubt that he deserves. We've had to fight for every inch. It's easy for an Obama supporter to sit back on the free media express that you've been on and point fingers at those of us down here with blood, sweat, and tears doing everything we can to keep our candidate in the conversation.

Not asking you to... I give you credit for admitting what you are doing is a bit over the top. For that, I swing my vote for most obnoxious primary poster to Jake... where it rightly should be.

dirk digler
01-02-2008, 11:31 PM

No I think Jaz was talking about you spamming the board with Ron Paul drivel. Much like Jake does with Rudy.

Taco John
01-02-2008, 11:33 PM
A nice speech, MAYBE in prime time one of the first two nights of the RNC Convention....is all that Dr. Ron is really playing for.

That's more than Fred Thompson is playing for at this point.

...and you're wrong anyways. Ron Paul has a war chest to run for president -- and don't buy the idea that he won't go third party to do it. Even if it means stealing the "mandate" away from the winner in a loss by splitting the vote by thirds - that's still a victory for the conservative base who wants to stop the two big government factions.

jAZ
01-02-2008, 11:33 PM
Don't risk putting ...Obama in control of picking judges.
Oh, how the pimp-winds change in one short year.

TJ on '08AMA...

You should try digging deeper then. He's not only a great speaker, but he's a damned fine American.

Obama represents a new breed of politics that America is craving. The mantra right now against him coming from his opponents on both the left and the right is "we don't know anything about this guy." That's not going to be true for long. And what's more, what people lack in knowing about Obama, they more than make up for in knowing about Hillary.

The thing about Obama that will put him over the top is that he can speak towards nuance in ways that most politicians cant without tripping themselves up and miring themselves in a web of their own words.

Obama has a way of cutting that web down and bridging the gaps between both sides in a way similar to how Reagan was able to swing "Reagan Democrats," to see things in another light. I think when he really starts going, you're going to see the same phenomenon. Especially in this current environment where the conservative base has lost their way in the dark with the current leadership vaccuum. McCain, with all the bashing he's taken from the right the last few years wouldn't stand a chance. Guiliani would probably be the right's best hope, and even he is too liberal for many conservative's tastes.

Hillary doesn't stand a chance, and will sink any ticket she's on.

I think we'll see an Obama/Edwards ticket from the Democrats in 2008 up against some combination of Guliani/Jeb.

Taco John
01-02-2008, 11:37 PM
Also, just to be clear, I fully believe that Ron Paul is the only Republican who can beat the Democrats this year. I can't imagine why anybody would believe that a pro-war Republican even has a shot. Especially these pro-war republicans that absolutely garner no enthusiasm from the conservative base.

Taco John
01-02-2008, 11:38 PM

TJ on '08AMA...

I'd still rather see Obama than Hillary or Rudy. But after getting familiar with some of Obama's more leftist positions, it kind of knocked the sheen off of him for me.

I still think him to be a fine American.

dirk digler
01-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Also, just to be clear, I fully believe that Ron Paul is the only Republican who can beat the Democrats this year. I can't imagine why anybody would believe that a pro-war Republican even has a shot. Especially these pro-war republicans that absolutely garner no enthusiasm from the conservative base.

I totally disagree I think a guy like McCain who can bring in voters from both sides of the aisle could easily win.

Also just remember the war is going well, hence no media coverage, so it is not near as important as it once was. As I rightly pointed out a month or so ago the economy, health care, and immigration all trump the war and the WOT for voters.

Mr. Kotter
01-02-2008, 11:49 PM
I totally disagree I think a guy like McCain who can bring in voters from both sides of the aisle could easily win.

Also just remember the war is going well, hence no media coverage, so it is not near as important as it once was. As I rightly pointed out a month or so ago the economy, health care, and immigration all trump the war and the WOT for voters.

Dirk,

You are wasting your time with a zealot like TJ....to expect him to escape his isolationist (okay, fine...."non-interventionist") dogma, to realize that other issues will be much more important in 8-9 months than the demagoguery of Iraq. You give him waaaa-AAAAYYYYYY too much credit.

Rob

dirk digler
01-02-2008, 11:57 PM
Dirk,

You are wasting your time with a zealot like TJ....to expect him to escape his isolationist (okay, fine...."non-interventionist") dogma, to realize that other issues will be much more important in 8-9 months than the demagoguery of Iraq. You give him waaaa-AAAAYYYYYY too much credit.

Rob

TJ appears to be a good guy he just seems to get carried away a bit.

IMHO I believe Obama or McCain are the 2 most likely candidates to win.
Why? Because they are the least polarizing of the remaining candidates and they represent change unlike the rest of the field minus Ron Paul.

I like Ron Paul but his foreign policy stance scares me.

Iowanian
01-03-2008, 12:19 AM
You'll be lucky if your pony finishes in the top 5 in Iowa. The silent majority will speak up today.

Taco....how does it feel to be JAZ, circa 2004?

Taco John
01-03-2008, 12:23 AM
You'll be lucky if your pony finishes in the top 5 in Iowa. The silent majority will speak up today.

Wanna put a six pack on that? I am absolutely certain that we'll finish better than last place, which is what you're saying here.

patteeu
01-03-2008, 12:26 AM

TJ on '08AMA...

LMAO

First a libertarian, then a Bush neocon, then a flirtation with Kerry, then back to the libertarians for the 2004 vote, then an affair with Obama, and now Ron Paul. What's next? TJ's all over the map.

patteeu
01-03-2008, 12:28 AM

Why do you think Pelosi and company back down everytime Bush needs more war funds? Surely it's not because there are 70% of the population demanding that someone bring the war to an end. The country isn't as anti-war as you've convinced yourself it is.

Taco John
01-03-2008, 12:30 AM
LMAO

First a libertarian, then a Bush neocon, then a flirtation with Kerry, then back to the libertarians for the 2004 vote, then an affair with Obama, and now Ron Paul. What's next? TJ's all over the map.

You ****ing liar.

I was never a Bush neocon, and I never flirted in the least with Kerry.

patteeu
Wanna put a six pack on that? I am absolutely certain that we'll finish better than last place, which is what you're saying here.

I'm guessing 5th with an outside chance at 4th.

Taco John
Why do you think Pelosi and company back down everytime Bush needs more war funds? Surely it's not because there are 70% of the population demanding that someone bring the war to an end. The country isn't as anti-war as you've convinced yourself it is.

I think it's because she and Bush serve the same master.

patteeu
01-03-2008, 12:31 AM
You ****ing liar.

I was never a Bush neocon, and I never flirted in the least with Kerry.

You approved of the Iraq invasion, did you not?

Taco John
01-03-2008, 12:33 AM

I was sold a war by Colin Powell along with a lot of Americans. That does not make one a neo-con.

patteeu
01-03-2008, 12:34 AM
I was sold a war by Colin Powell along with a lot of Americans. That does not make one a neo-con.

There you have it. You were a Bush neocon.

Taco John
01-03-2008, 12:35 AM
*disinterested shrug*

Whatever you say.

jAZ
01-03-2008, 12:36 AM
Hardly the same thing.

go bowe
01-03-2008, 12:46 AM
Dirk,

Robok then, which issues will be important in 8 - 9 months?

Taco John
01-03-2008, 12:51 AM
The economy definitely will be. And I don't believe any candidate from either side would be able to stand up to even a third party Paul in respect. Nobody can talk about the economy in a way that levels with the American people like Ron Paul. I'd love to see any of the candidates even try.

This is primarily why I believe that he's destined to be president. Well that, and he's got the deepest amount of dedicated support.

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2008, 12:55 AM
ok then, which issues will be important in 8 - 9 months?

Iraq, "could" be....depending on events between now and October.

That said:

1. National Security/Defense
2. Taxes/Restrained Federal Growth
3. Economic stagnation
4. Immigration/Healthcare (rhetoric, to "do something")

The first two are why the Dems "still" don't "get it" IMHO....

go bowe
01-03-2008, 01:05 AM
Iraq, "could" be....depending on events between now and October.

That said:

1. National Security/Defense
2. Taxes/Restrained Federal Growth
3. Economic stagnation
4. Immigration/Healthcare (rhetoric, to "do something")

The first two are why the Dems "still" don't "get it" IMHO....i have to hit the rack, i'll try to get back to my response tomorrow...

say nitey nite big guy... :D :D :D

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2008, 01:07 AM
i have to hit the rack, i'll try to get back to my response tomorrow...

say nitey nite big guy... :D :D :D

Nitey nite big guy. :thumb:

patteeu
01-03-2008, 01:08 AM
Hardly the same thing.

Of course it is, in the vernacular of those who brand everyone who ever supported a Bush policy a "neocon". This particular Bush policy is far more central to his administration's neoconservatism than any other.

jAZ
01-03-2008, 01:21 AM
Of course it is, in the vernacular of those who brand everyone who ever supported a Bush policy a "neocon". This particular Bush policy is far more central to his administration's neoconservatism than any other.
http://castironbalcony.media2.org/wp-content/strawman.jpg

patteeu
01-03-2008, 01:24 AM
Do you even know what a strawman is?

Cochise
01-03-2008, 08:20 AM
That's really no different than branding everyone who doesn't support your candidate a big-government authoritarian of one stripe or another.

Iowanian
01-03-2008, 08:26 AM
Strawman is just a catchphrase for most of those throwing it around.

Taco.....I'm going to re-define my earlier post. I think ronpaul will finish 5th, but not any better than 4th. He and Rudy will be fighting

I think the top 5 in Iowa will be Huckabee, Romney, McCain, Thompson, and then a coinflip with Rudy and ronpaul.

HonestChieffan
01-03-2008, 08:29 AM
Ron Paul will be a ring announcer for one of the "guys who fight in cages" things after the year is over. If he doesnt go back to the mothership.

Radar Chief
01-03-2008, 08:35 AM
There you have it. You were a Bush neocon.

:LOL: ROFL BEP has taught you well. :thumb:

Cochise
01-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Ron Paul will be a ring announcer for one of the "guys who fight in cages" things after the year is over. If he doesnt go back to the mothership.

You are still confused about which candidate claims to have seen the UFO...?

patteeu
01-03-2008, 11:19 AM
:LOL: ROFL BEP has taught you well. :thumb:

I'm a student of the game. :)