PDA

View Full Version : ***OFFICIAL 2008 Orange Bowl KU vs. VaTech Thread***

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Mr. Kotter
01-02-2008, 11:04 PM
Okay, okay...I know, I know....Mizzou "ought to be in that game"....so, what's the spread, Tigger fans??? :shrug:

I suspect VaTech by, 20-23 points is what you are thinking??? ;)

:p

Mr. Kotter
01-02-2008, 11:05 PM
FTR, I'll say Jayhawks by 8 pts..... :)

Tits McGee
01-02-2008, 11:08 PM
last I saw was VT -4.5

Mr. Kotter
01-02-2008, 11:15 PM
last I saw was VT -4.5

That's Vegas talking; what say "you?" :)

Direckshun
01-02-2008, 11:16 PM
The way these bowl games have gone, you'd be really stupid to predict a small margin of victory.

Viriginia Tech by three scores.

Ultra Peanut
01-02-2008, 11:18 PM
Good luck, KU.

Tits McGee
01-02-2008, 11:18 PM
ku 27 VT 48

Extra Point
01-02-2008, 11:19 PM
VT by 12, if it's chasing two points twice, but Jabba has learned from tonite, watching the young Jedi warrior #7 tonite. (more fun at http://thewizardofodds.blogspot.com/2007/10/separated-at-birth.html )

Mr. Kotter
01-02-2008, 11:20 PM
ku 27 VT 48

Interesting. :hmmm:

You really think THAT offense will hang that many points on KU? Make me wonder what score you'd have predicted if Mizzou had, rightly, been slotted for this game....

:)

Tits McGee
01-02-2008, 11:23 PM
MU 41 VT 36
Missouri has a knack for creating turnovers.

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2008, 12:09 AM
MU 41 VT 36
Missouri has a knack for creating turnovers.

The Tiggers are talented, and I do think they would beat VT.

I just think KU will make a good game of it; afterall, the Tiggers only beat them by 8 pts....on a sub-par night for the Jayhawks.

:hmmm:

Pablo
01-03-2008, 12:24 AM
KU 31 VT 21

As long as we get any sort of rhythm in the first half, KU puts up at least 4 TD's. I'll throw in a FG in there somewhere.

VT has a good defense, and nice special teams. I look for them to create at least one score via special teams, and one on defense.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-03-2008, 12:25 AM
Good luck, KU.

Yep. I'll be pulling for the Jayhawks.

Woodrow Call
01-03-2008, 12:29 AM
I'm going with a low scoring game. I think both offenses will struggle and VTs special teams will make the difference

VT 23
KU 13

Pablo
01-03-2008, 12:31 AM
The way these bowl games have gone, you'd be really stupid to predict a small margin of victory.

Viriginia Tech by three scores.That could be 9 points or 21 points. I suppose I think a spread under 10 points represents a fairly competitive game, and a spread as high as 21 represents a total beat-down.

Guru
01-03-2008, 12:34 AM
I'll just take the game for what it is and hope for a fun time.

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2008, 12:53 AM
I'll just take the game for what it is and hope for a fun time.

Pretty much my take.

Hopin' like AriChi3fs would; prayin' it won't be as bad a frazod would say. :(

KC_Connection
01-03-2008, 01:18 AM
Both VT and the ACC aren't as good as some of you are making them out to be. This game will be competitive.

Bump
01-03-2008, 01:24 AM
Jayhawks by 9

Spicy McHaggis
01-03-2008, 01:35 AM
We'll see if KU belongs in a BCS game more than Hawaii or Illinois.

Guru
01-03-2008, 01:36 AM
After tonight you could even lump OU in that sadly.

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 05:35 AM
KU has the offense, VT has the defense. I expect this game to be lower scoring than the other BCS games thus far.

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2008, 07:02 AM

No kiddin', wow.

And how about Oklahoma??? My goodness.... :shake:

Braincase
01-03-2008, 07:09 AM
I'm pulling for the Jayhawks, of course, but I don't expect to win. I'll say VT 28, KU 21.

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 07:13 AM

USC and UGA are much better than VT, IMO.

Mr. Plow
01-03-2008, 07:16 AM
I don't make a lot of predictions. I'm not going to start now. Just hoping for a good game by the Hawks.

ROYC75
01-03-2008, 07:41 AM
For me, it's been a great season so far, even if we lose. Just keeping the game close will be a good ending on a great season. But a win would make it an excellent season.......

So it goes, tonight's game , it's KU vs The World, Yes folks, KU has the whole world watching tonight, the world that does not believe outside of Jayhawk Nation that KU has a good team. KU has been mentioned as frauds, a hoax, a team that has benefitted from an easy schedule.Is this Jayhawk team any good ? Can they defy the odds and beat VT in the Orange Bowl ?

Can the MUrons live if KU wins tonight ? What about all the critics ? Sports fans, media,so called football exoerts, Will they say they have egg on there face, that their mouths over loaded their ass's ? Or will they get to enjoy a KU loss and call KU frauds, choke artist ?

One thing we all know about this year in college football, any damn thing is possible.

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 07:43 AM
For me, it's been a great season so far, even if we lose. Just keeping the game close will be a good ending on a great season. But a win would make it an excellent season.......

So it goes, tonight's game , it's KU vs The World, Yes folks, KU has the whole world watching tonight, the world that does not believe outside of Jayhawk Nation that KU has a good team. KU has been mentioned as frauds, a hoax, a team that has benefitted from an easy schedule.Is this Jayhawk team any good ? Can they defy the odds and beat VT in the Orange Bowl ?

Can the MUrons live if KU wins tonight ? What about all the critics ? Sports fans, media,so called football exoerts, Will they say they have egg on there face, that their mouths over loaded their ass's ? Or will they get to enjoy a KU loss and call KU frauds, choke artist ?

One thing we all know about this year in college football, any damn thing is possible.

Someone will win and someone will lose. It will be either KU or VT. There will be no ties tonight. This I am certain of!

KcMizzou
01-03-2008, 07:44 AM
Well, hopefully it'll be more entertaining than the other BCS games so far.

kepp
01-03-2008, 08:21 AM
Both VT and the ACC aren't as good as some of you are making them out to be. This game will be competitive.
Do you just cut-n-paste this in these threads? :p

FTR, I'm saying 10-7, VT. Maybe 13-10.

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2008, 08:48 AM
Do you just cut-n-paste this in these threads? :p

FTR, I'm saying 10-7, VT. Maybe 13-10.

Eh, I suspect KU will muster at least 14-17 points. The question is how many points will VT manage? :hmmm:

KcMizzou
01-03-2008, 08:58 AM
Eh, I suspect KU will muster at least 14-17 points. The question is how many points will VT manage? :hmmm:173

Cochise
01-03-2008, 09:12 AM
Kansas will destroy them, being the mighty and deserving national champions, no matter what anybody or says. The margin of victory will only be limited by KU's mercy.

And should for some reason Kansas, the great and glorious, not win - rest assured that they will still be better than this team that beat them too. They'll just have been caught on a bad night, or run out of time, or 'beat themselves'.

In all seriousness, Missouri was able to control Kansas' offense for three quarters more or less until they let them back in, and our defense is suspect. I don't think they will have an easy time moving the ball against VT. It's not like VT is a team you'd expect to administer a blowout but even a marginal offense can score a lot of points if they constantly get chances because the other team's offense can't do anything.

Going to guess... something around 40-20, VT.

Maybe one of those games where early in the second half it's 28-10 and the teams trade scores after that without the game really getting any closer.

Bowser
01-03-2008, 09:15 AM
Hopefully this game gives the BCS selection committee another black eye.

Sure-Oz
01-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Todd Reesing better not have the jitters

ROYC75
01-03-2008, 09:19 AM
Kansas will destroy them, being the mighty and deserving national champions, no matter what anybody or says. The margin of victory will only be limited by KU's mercy.

And should for some reason Kansas, the great and glorious, not win - rest assured that they will still be better than this team that beat them too. They'll just have been caught on a bad night, or run out of time, or 'beat themselves'.

In all seriousness, Missouri was able to control Kansas' offense for three quarters more or less until they let them back in, and our defense is suspect. I don't think they will have an easy time moving the ball against VT. It's not like VT is a team you'd expect to administer a blowout but even a marginal offense can score a lot of points if they constantly get chances because the other team's offense can't do anything.

Going to guess... something around 40-20, VT.

Maybe one of those games where early in the second half it's 28-10 and the teams trade scores after that without the game really getting any closer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WOW, alot of effort just to say KU sucks ? I should rep you for spending sooo much time typing it.

FWIW, Miami is getting some rain and more rain forcasted for tonights game.......

ROYC75
01-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Todd Reesing better not have the jitters

KU comes out like it did against MU, we lose. VT has alot of team speed and the D is very good.

We need to come out on top of our game to challenge.

Cochise
01-03-2008, 09:27 AM
WOW, alot of effort just to say KU sucks ? I should rep you for spending sooo much time typing it.

FWIW, Miami is getting some rain and more rain forcasted for tonights game.......

If you're in Miami, find one of those little cuban places and get yourself one of those sandwiches. Also try the coffee that comes with all the little shotglasses but don't drink the whole thing yourself :eek:

The first part of that was a joke mostly.

Good luck, you miserable bastards. :p

Reerun_KC
01-03-2008, 09:51 AM

Only people that are miserable are MU fans... After watching OU get hammered last night, knowing MU miss their shot of the NC when OU force feed them 12 inches, now watching the university that they truly envy play in the game they should of been in...

It really must suck to be a MU fan...

MU "The University of Disappointment".

If it wasn't for ChiefsPlanet, Most people wouldn't even know MU existed...

Kidding guys, Just stirring the pot! Nice beat down of Arkansas... Tony Temple is a stud!

Cochise
01-03-2008, 09:59 AM
Only people that are miserable are MU fans... After watching OU get hammered last night, knowing MU miss their shot of the NC when OU force feed them 12 inches, now watching the university that they truly envy play in the game they should of been in...

It really must suck to be a MU fan...

MU "The University of Disappointment".

If it wasn't for ChiefsPlanet, Most people wouldn't even know MU existed...

Kidding guys, Just stirring the pot! Nice beat down of Arkansas... Tony Temple is a stud!

Hah. We didn't deserve to play for the national championship. We got exactly what we earned, which was the Big 12 North and a New Year's Day game.

You guys getting one of the biggest gifts in BCS history doesn't affect us. We played well and finished the season out. OU is better than us, when they show up they are better than anyone. They just decided not to show up last night. Guess we get their blood flowing in a way that the Mountaineers don't.

I wasn't predicting a Kansas loss because I dislike them or because I want to piss off their fans. I was predicting a loss because about a month and a half ago, Kansas lost to the only good team they played all year and they haven't played since, so my feelings about them haven't changed. They did a fine job this year and have much to be proud of, but they don't belong where they are, and even in this down year for all of college football, will probably get rolled by a BCS team. Hawaii might be a good comparison.

It's nothing to be ashamed of, if someone offered to put me in the ring with Mike Tyson for a million, I'd step in there and let him knock me out too.

KU did a lot of good against some bad teams, but they are facing a more traditionally powerful football team that has a lot of athleticism and experience playing good programs in a good football conference... it looks like it could be a whipping. That's all I was saying.

kepp
01-03-2008, 10:23 AM
It's nothing to be ashamed of, if someone offered to put me in the ring with Mike Tyson for a million, I'd step in there and let him knock me out too.
ROFL

Reerun_KC
01-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Hah. We didn't deserve to play for the national championship. We got exactly what we earned, which was the Big 12 North and a New Year's Day game.

You guys getting one of the biggest gifts in BCS history doesn't affect us. We played well and finished the season out. OU is better than us, when they show up they are better than anyone. They just decided not to show up last night. Guess we get their blood flowing in a way that the Mountaineers don't.

I wasn't predicting a Kansas loss because I dislike them or because I want to piss off their fans. I was predicting a loss because about a month and a half ago, Kansas lost to the only good team they played all year and they haven't played since, so my feelings about them haven't changed. They did a fine job this year and have much to be proud of, but they don't belong where they are, and even in this down year for all of college football, will probably get rolled by a BCS team. Hawaii might be a good comparison.

KU did a lot of good against some bad teams, but they are facing a more traditionally powerful football team that has a lot of athleticism and experience playing good programs in a good football conference... it looks like it could be a whipping. That's all I was saying.

I hear ya, I was just messing with ya....

ROYC75
01-03-2008, 10:45 AM
If you're in Miami, find one of those little cuban places and get yourself one of those sandwiches. Also try the coffee that comes with all the little shotglasses but don't drink the whole thing yourself :eek:

The first part of that was a joke mostly.

ROFL

ROYC75
01-03-2008, 10:49 AM
There will always be one thing that will never ever change........... the annual KU - MU smackdown .

4321 MU

Lzen
01-03-2008, 01:48 PM
KU beat several teams this year that ended up in bowl games. That argument that KU doesn't deserve to be where they are doesn't hold much water in my book. Yeah, they lost to MU. I could make excuses about a few key starters being injured, the team bus getting stuck in traffic and them arriving late contributing to nervousness, etc. But that would be pointless. MU was the better team that night. That being said, KU being in a BCS bowl was not a gift. KU earned their BCS eligibility by playing and winning according to the rules of the BCS, period.

KU has a good shot in this game, IMO. Those players that were banged up toward the end of the season are in much better shape now. Hopefully, KU can shake off the rust of a month and a half away. VT is a very good team, no doubt. I just don't think they are the Goliath to David(KU) as many are insinuating.

Lzen
01-03-2008, 01:57 PM
BTW, I thought this was interesting. I seem to recall having a discussion a couple months ago. Somebody was saying that KU doesn't recruit Florida.

KU has had bad luck recruiting South Florida in the past, to the point where the Jayhawks don’t really recruit the Miami area anymore.

“We are dabbling in the Tampa area and the Orlando area,” Mangino said. “My first three years at Kansas, we did recruit in South Florida. Things just didn’t click for us.”

The Jayhawks recruited Tampa for the first time two years ago and landed receiver Tertavian Ingram. Special teams coordinator Louie Matsakis recruits northern Florida, but as Mangino said, “we haven’t been here in Dade and Broward County area for a few years.”

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 02:01 PM
A 2-star WR from Tampa who runs a 4.62-4.77 40 and 28" vertical wouldn't be recruited by UF, FSU or Miami.

Pablo
01-03-2008, 02:03 PM
A 2-star WR from Tampa who runs a 4.62-4.77 40 and 28" vertical wouldn't be recruited by UF, FSU or Miami.Perhaps they should have recruited Manningham or Arrington?

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Perhaps they should have recruited Manningham or Arrington?

Nah, I'm fine with our WRs, thanks. Some corners would be nice, though. I'd take Talib. Thankfully we have some top recruits coming in this year.

King_Chief_Fan
01-03-2008, 02:07 PM
There will always be one thing that will never ever change........... the annual KU - MU smackdown .

4321 KU

smittysbar
01-03-2008, 02:12 PM
http://www.pinnaclesports.com/League/Football/NCAA/127/Lines.aspx
KU +3

I'll be betting VT -3

StcChief
01-03-2008, 02:15 PM
VT by 10-14 depending on turnovers

Lzen
01-03-2008, 02:17 PM
A 2-star WR from Tampa who runs a 4.62-4.77 40 and 28" vertical wouldn't be recruited by UF, FSU or Miami.

I never once insinuated that KU would be able to steal top recruits away from traditional power house programs.

Cochise
01-03-2008, 02:18 PM
KU being in a BCS bowl was not a gift. KU earned their BCS eligibility by playing and winning according to the rules of the BCS, period.

3rd place team in the conference over the second place team that beat them head to head. Yep, that's earning it.

KU had a great plan. They recognized the easiest possible Big 12 schedule coming this year, lined up some other patsies to run up a big record and to leave people to question whether or not they were good, rather than playing quality teams and removing all doubt. It all went even better than they could have expected. They hoped for a run like this that would boost their program, even if it were smoke and mirrors. The AD politicing them into the BCS was just the cherry on top.

Their athletic program was ran fantastically this season. It was genius, I'm not taking away from them. They had a great plan to pry their way onto the national football scene without the talent that other teams have and without the quality wins and they got it done. They blueprinted this for every other school in the country - strength of schedule doesn't seem to matter that much.

I predict we're going to see this approach from a lot of lower end football programs in BCS conferences in the future. After what happend this year with the orange bowl, a school like this has nothing to gain from scheduling quality opponents. If I were running one, I'd try to be 10-0 on paper at the end of the season too no matter who it took to get there.

|Zach|
01-03-2008, 02:19 PM
Isn't it pretty cold in Miami today... ROFL

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 02:40 PM
I never once insinuated that KU would be able to steal top recruits away from traditional power house programs.

I understand.

King_Chief_Fan
01-03-2008, 02:43 PM
3rd place team in the conference over the second place team that beat them head to head. Yep, that's earning it.

KU had a great plan. They recognized the easiest possible Big 12 schedule coming this year, lined up some other patsies to run up a big record and to leave people to question whether or not they were good, rather than playing quality teams and removing all doubt. It all went even better than they could have expected. They hoped for a run like this that would boost their program, even if it were smoke and mirrors. The AD politicing them into the BCS was just the cherry on top.

Their athletic program was ran fantastically this season. It was genius, I'm not taking away from them. They had a great plan to pry their way onto the national football scene without the talent that other teams have and without the quality wins and they got it done. They blueprinted this for every other school in the country - strength of schedule doesn't seem to matter that much.

I predict we're going to see this approach from a lot of lower end football programs in BCS conferences in the future. After what happend this year with the orange bowl, a school like this has nothing to gain from scheduling quality opponents. If I were running one, I'd try to be 10-0 on paper at the end of the season too no matter who it took to get there.

I was with you plum up until the bolded area. Hawaii shoots that theory.

Cochise
01-03-2008, 02:47 PM
I was with you plum up until the bolded area. Hawaii shoots that theory.

Thing is though, good teams can still blow it. OU did last night. You finagle your way into a bowl game with some momentum and you have a shot at pulling it off. It's one football game, you never know. If Hawaii had beaten Georgia or even proved they belonged on the field with them, it would have been an incredible, huge boost for that program. It's a nice strategy. It didn't work as well for them because they got owned, but still. It was cash and notoriety. They'll get some recruits out of it. Same deal here. It doesn't mean you belong there, it means you had a great plan and executed it.

DMAC
01-03-2008, 02:52 PM
I guess go KU. OGHHGFF....gulp. whew.

ROYC75
01-03-2008, 02:57 PM

:deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee:
This is the Tigger kittens crying cause the (milk) Orange Juice was tipped over in their Bowl .

|Zach|
01-03-2008, 02:58 PM
:deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee:
This is the Tigger kittens crying cause the (milk) Orange Juice was tipped over in their Bowl .
Seriously, can anyone link a post to the last time Roy actually said anything in one of these threads?

Cochise
01-03-2008, 03:02 PM

I'm not crying. We played on Jan 1 and hammered our opponents. We won the Big 12 North, and slapped down our rival school in the biggest game between those two, ever.

The only thing I took exception to was someone saying that the berth was earned. And in doing so, I complimented the plan that they had executed. It was good management.

ROYC75
01-03-2008, 03:09 PM
I'm not crying. We played on Jan 1 and hammered our opponents. We won the Big 12 North, and slapped down our rival school in the biggest game between those two, ever.

The only thing I took exception to was someone saying that the berth was earned. And in doing so, I complimented the plan that they had executed. It was good management.

Seriously, why even cry about something you have no control over ?

MU had their chance and lost it. Had it of been KU that won against MU and lost by a landslide to OU, KU would have been in a lesser bowl like MU was.

Can anybody prove that the Orange Bowl committee was paid off by Perkins ?

The committee claims the reason was KU only having 1 loss ........

Damn, maybe KU should have gone to the Fiesta Bowl and played a horrible OU team last night ? Had KU beaten OU, how would that make MU fans feel ?

Damn, enough of all this what if shit, or , well we beat you, Uh, the better team got snubbed ....... In the words of Herm Edwards.........GET OVER IT MU fans.

King_Chief_Fan
01-03-2008, 03:13 PM
.........GET OVER IT MU fans.

:cuss::cuss::cuss::)

Adept Havelock
01-03-2008, 03:15 PM
GET OVER IT MU fans.

36-28 makes that easy to do.

A 38-7 Bowl Win doesn't hurt either. :thumb:

Cochise
01-03-2008, 03:16 PM
The committee claims the reason was KU only having 1 loss ........

Damn, maybe KU should have gone to the Fiesta Bowl and played a horrible OU team last night ? Had KU beaten OU, how would that make MU fans feel ?

Damn, enough of all this what if shit, or , well we beat you, Uh, the better team got snubbed ....... In the words of Herm Edwards.........GET OVER IT MU fans.

I would have liked to see the matchup with OU much more, personally. That would have settled things in the Big 12 at least.

I'm 'over it', I was never 'under it'. I was just telling whomever it was to not act like the better team got the berth.

ROYC75
01-03-2008, 03:18 PM
Seriously, can anyone link a post to the last time Roy actually said anything in one of these threads?

Seriously folks, it's a Zach attack again in a KU thread, go figure ? All bow to the mighty Zach, the ultimate MU fan.

Don't you have a Blue Springs recruiting trip to go on ?

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 03:23 PM
I would have liked to see the matchup with OU much more, personally. That would have settled things in the Big 12 at least.

I'm 'over it', I was never 'under it'. I was just telling whomever it was to not act like the better team got the berth.

How would it have settled things in the Big XII? If OU wins they still are the best team in the league. If KU wins, then OU beat MU who beat KU - nothing's settled.

It would have been a cop-out for the Big XII, IMO, as they would have had 2 of their top teams not have to face an OOC opponent in a big bowl game.

ROYC75
01-03-2008, 03:27 PM

I'm sure you won't buy this, because of the scoreboard. I don't see that much difference between KU and MU. Most MU fans claim to be head and shoulders better than KU. We could all sit here and sing the what if tune many different ways. Sure the game wasn't close until the end, KU came out flat, shouldn't have happened, but it did, credit MU for causing most of that to happen. But here are some different what if's to observer.....

KU did fight back and if it weren't for 2 missed FG's , it would have been a much closer contest. The onside kick in the end could have had a different outcome to that game. MU trying to run out the clock and taking the offense out of attack mode had alot to do with the final score.

But bottomline, if KU had of gotten that onside kick or the 2 FG's, most MU fans would be talking a different tune about KU these days.

But it didn't happen and KU is the fraud team ( according to most MU fans) because MU won by 8 points .

Cochise
01-03-2008, 03:33 PM
How would it have settled things in the Big XII? If OU wins they still are the best team in the league. If KU wins, then OU beat MU who beat KU - nothing's settled.

It would have been a cop-out for the Big XII, IMO, as they would have had 2 of their top teams not have to face an OOC opponent in a big bowl game.

Not that there really was an argument, depending on who you ask, but that's how it is, you beat them and they still say they are better. They didn't have to play the best team in the conference this year, the one that kept Missouri out of the game where Kansas now sits. But I guess it's kind of contradictory because for that to settle the question of whether they deserve to be where they are they'd have needed to be someplace else.

I am not worried about what other people think about the Big 12, really. It would have been fun, I think the conference opponents would have brought out the best in each other, and Oklahoma clearly wasn't competitive against West Virginia. Maybe we could have one decent bowl game before this is all over?

Cochise
01-03-2008, 03:35 PM
KU is the fraud team because MU won.

You're a big man Roy. :thumb:

:fire:

BIG_DADDY
01-03-2008, 03:48 PM
My money is on VT

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2008, 04:31 PM
My money is on VT

Eastcoast/westcoast snobbery, eh? ;)

Throw down the point spread, man. Surely it's 22 or 23, cause KU is nothing but a fraud, right? :shrug:

Sure-Oz
01-03-2008, 04:41 PM
I'm sure you won't buy this, because of the scoreboard. I don't see that much difference between KU and MU. Most MU fans claim to be head and shoulders better than KU. We could all sit here and sing the what if tune many different ways. Sure the game wasn't close until the end, KU came out flat, shouldn't have happened, but it did, credit MU for causing most of that to happen. But here are some different what if's to observer.....

KU did fight back and if it weren't for 2 missed FG's , it would have been a much closer contest. The onside kick in the end could have had a different outcome to that game. MU trying to run out the clock and taking the offense out of attack mode had alot to do with the final score.

But bottomline, if KU had of gotten that onside kick or the 2 FG's, most MU fans would be talking a different tune about KU these days.

But it didn't happen and KU is the fraud team ( according to most MU fans) because MU won by 8 points .
I think most of the nation thinks they are frauds, i think this game can prove they aren't with a W.

smittysbar
01-03-2008, 04:45 PM
I think most of the nation thinks they are frauds, i think this game can prove they aren't with a W.

:bravo:

chiefsfan987
01-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Why are the Hawks going to be wearing Crimson uni's?

Bump
01-03-2008, 05:15 PM
well there is a KU Alumni thing at the Fox n Hound here in OKC, so I am off to watch the game there!

Bearcat
01-03-2008, 05:17 PM
KU had a great plan.

I have a hard time believing it was some brilliant plan... this is Kansas football, the team that lost to Toledo and Baylor last year, and lost to a couple of bad teams the year we were good enough to almost knock of Texas and TTech. They've been able to scheduling patsies for years... if it was that easy, I don't think it would have taken 100 years to win their first 10 games.

I think their plan was to be competitive and to start some sort of winning tradition, which sounds like a pretty reasonable plan, as opposed to a blueprint to a January bowl... and they already scheduled USF next year, who they played before either school was competitive, so I don't think they're shying away from playing up to the talent level of the team.

|Zach|
01-03-2008, 05:18 PM
But it didn't happen and KU is the fraud team ( according to most football fans) because MU won by 8 points .
There it is.

Cochise
01-03-2008, 05:19 PM

a W would definitely have them quieting doubts that they proved anything this year.

Mecca
01-03-2008, 05:19 PM
I know most people here are watching this because they are KU fans but watch the 2 VT LB's and their corners all those guys are NFL players.

Bearcat
01-03-2008, 05:20 PM

Pffft... a W? With the rest of the nation thinking they'll lose by 84, I think keeping it close for 3 quarters would be a huge accomplishment.

Calling teams frauds is the newest sports cliche... too bad each of the first three BCS games have included a fraud, too.

Coach
01-03-2008, 05:22 PM
I know most people here are watching this because they are KU fans but watch the 2 VT LB's and their corners all those guys are NFL players.

There is one chance for KU to win this game. That is not committing turnovers on offense, and forcing turnovers on defense.

ROYC75
01-03-2008, 05:29 PM
We are doomed, 96% of polled MUrons says so ...........

|Zach|
01-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Polled? What are you talking about?

KC_Connection
01-03-2008, 05:34 PM
KU makes this a close game, and probably wins.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-03-2008, 05:34 PM
Ok. Hopefully the MU fans won't kill me here, I've made my position pretty clear. I'm happy MU has won up to this point. Now, go KU!!!! I'll be rooting for them like it's a Chiefs game. No, I won't. I can't. It'll be like a Husky game for me though. That's pretty close. :)

Pablo
01-03-2008, 05:35 PM
I know most people here are watching this because they are KU fans but watch the 2 VT LB's and their corners all those guys are NFL players.The only guy I'm fully aware of is Adibi, but that's just because they were talking him up on ESPN.

Skip Towne
01-03-2008, 05:36 PM
John Riggins is one of the announcers on the pregame show.

smittysbar
01-03-2008, 05:36 PM
Put 3 bills on VT -3

Would usually go for the big 12 team, but tonight I will have to cheer the other way.

Regardless of the outcome, props to both MU and KU for having great seasons. Sure made it fun, expescially with the chiefs having such a dismal year.

chagrin
01-03-2008, 05:39 PM
This is pretty funny (well okay, not REALLY funny, but...) - I'm talking to my friend in Louisiana; he does Sports camera work for the NSU Demons. KU played that Southland Conference powerhouse (lol!) to open their 2006 season. We're chatting and he drops this gem:

tommy239: one of their assistants told one of our guys that he guy has to take a shower after every time he takes a shit
chagrin: what??
tommy239: can you imagine being so fat that you can't WIPE YOURSELF?!?!?!

Poor guy, he really should look into dropping some, it's terribly unhealthy

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 05:39 PM

Adibi is a beast!

Bearcat
01-03-2008, 05:40 PM

Eh.. I'm not much for the drama tonight. If Kansas loses, I'm sure a few idiots will try to say "I told you so" like we all didn't already know Kansas was a huge underdog. If Kansas wins, I'm sure a few idiots will say VTech choked and concentrate on how they shouldn't have been in the game to begin with.

But, I'm also sure many fans, regardless of affiliation, will be civil. For everyone else, there's antifreeze.

http://www.linker-group.com/images/kanister-muron.jpg

Coach
01-03-2008, 05:40 PM

the "Diesel"!

Skip Towne
01-03-2008, 05:44 PM
the "Diesel"!
We called him "Big Train".

Coach
01-03-2008, 05:47 PM
We called him "Big Train".

"Riggo" was another one.

CoMoChief
01-03-2008, 05:48 PM
a true bruiser folks.

Skip Towne
01-03-2008, 05:48 PM
"Riggo" was another one.
The KU admins called him and his brother Junior a lot of things.

Lzen
01-03-2008, 05:52 PM

Blah blah blah blah.....waaaaaa......waaaaaa!!!!!

Wow, I would never have thought of you as someone with reading comprehension deficiencies. Let me say it again, louder and more slowly this time.

KANSAS..............EARNED...........THEIR............BCS..........ELIGIBILITY. Despite whining by MU fans, KU earned their eligibility by the BCS rules. Try and diminish the season accomplishments all you want. It doesn't change the fact that KU only lost 1 game all season to a team who was ranked in the top 5 at the time. There are several teams, top teams, that can't say that.

Coach
01-03-2008, 05:57 PM
The KU admins called him and his brother Junior a lot of things.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was "Goddammit!" and "Jesus Christ!"

siberian khatru
01-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Good luck, KU.

kstater
01-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Go KU...Win the lunchpail.

Skip Towne
01-03-2008, 06:04 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it was "Goddammit!" and "Jesus Christ!"
One incident was when he and Junior tore up the student union. Pepper Rodgers said "By God I won't let him play this week". Don Fambrough (AD) said "but we play Missouri this week". Rodgers said "By God I won't let him play next week".

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 06:05 PM
Kat McPhee

Lzen
01-03-2008, 06:05 PM
One other thing, Cochise. If you had seen any of my posts when KU got selected to the Orange Bowl, you would realize that I agreed that MU probably deserved it more than KU. I even said that I would not have complained one bit if KU had ended up in the Cotton and MU in the Orange. But you need to get past your MU fandom/KU hatred and realize that your team really choked away their chance. I know it's much easier for you and Tim to buy into some wild conspiracy theory. I choose to believe what the OB people said. That is the last I will say on this because this argument will go nowhere as usual.

kstater
01-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Where's the snow?

Mr. Laz
is it wrong that i want to stick my penis is McPhee's vagina?

siberian khatru
I'm not a fan of her voice, but man I'd like to pork her.

Lzen
01-03-2008, 06:07 PM
LOL, you pervs.

Yeah, she's hot. :p

kstater
01-03-2008, 06:08 PM
So is KU busting out the red uniforms?

Mr. Laz
01-03-2008, 06:10 PM
she's cute and looks gullible

"c'mon baby ... just roll over for a second, i'll only stick it in a little bit just to see what it feels like. I love you so much that i want to be a close to you as possible. Will you kiss me forever and never let me go? ...... ok, now roll over."

LMAO

Coach
01-03-2008, 06:11 PM
One incident was when he and Junior tore up the student union. Pepper Rodgers said "By God I won't let him play this week". Don Fambrough (AD) said "but we play Missouri this week". Rodgers said "By God I won't let him play next week".

I remember it. Remember his infamous comment to the Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor?

"Come on, Sandy Baby, loosen up. You're too uptight."

LMAO

kstater
LMAO Kenny Albert?

siberian khatru
realize that your team really choked away their chance.

We choked away our chance at the NC game. It shouldn't have cost us a BCS bowl, especially to a team we beat. But that's on the Orange Bowl, not KU.

Again, good luck tonight. :thumb:

kstater
01-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Holy crap, I was joking about the red uni's

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Todd Reesing can't dance.

kstater
01-03-2008, 06:13 PM
We choked away our chance at the NC game. It shouldn't have cost us a BCS bowl, especially to a team we beat. But that's on the Orange Bowl, not KU.

Well said. But One could claim that Illinois didn't deserve the bid either. Everything goes back to the BCS.

Coach
01-03-2008, 06:13 PM
The Marshmallow Man is coming! The Marshmallow Man is coming!

Mr. Laz
01-03-2008, 06:14 PM
hopefully the mizzo game got KU "up to speed"

they were shocked and then choked for 3 quarters ... hopefully they will be ready for a full game this time.

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 06:15 PM
LMAO @ the X-ed out Mizzou sign

kstater
Last team that brought out red uniforms they usually don't wear got torn apart.

Just sayin'

Lzen

Yes, it was the Orange Bowl. I'm sorry. I really didn't want to get into this again. Some MU fans just can't let it go. My original point was KU earned their BCS eligibility. They didn't have control over whether or not they got picked for one. That was completely up to the BCS bowl committees.

Pablo
01-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Rock Chalk baby!

Come on hawks, get it done.

siberian khatru
Jeannie Zelasko = MILF?

Discuss

smittysbar
Did you see that sign? Had MU crossed out then KU put in the place vs. VT

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 06:17 PM
Jeannie Zelasko = MILF?

Discuss

No thanks.

Lzen
Well said. But One could claim that Illinois didn't deserve the bid either. Everything goes back to the BCS.

That's the thing for me. I think the only 2 teams per conference screwed MU more than anything. Illinois had no business being there. Aw well. Rock Chalk, Jayhawk!!

|Zach|
LMAO @ the X-ed out Mizzou sign
I turned on the TV 5 mins ago and have seen all Mizzou...the Kansas Muck Fizzou shirt...the bit about Mizzou being their only loss...the crossed out Mizzou "Kansas??" signage.

Hilarity.

Demonpenz
01-03-2008, 06:18 PM
jayhawks need to fire the first shot

DaKCMan AP
Bruce Smith booed in Miami LMAO

Bob Dole
So is KU busting out the red uniforms?

That worked out so well for Arkansas and 0U...

Pablo
01-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Damn..nice hot ass KU chicks before the commercial break.

siberian khatru
If Reesing ever got that hunk of sod out of his face mask, KU might have a chance.

I keed. :p

DaKCMan AP
Damn..nice hot ass KU chicks before the commercial break.

Is that considered grade-A in Lawrence? :p

Lzen
01-03-2008, 06:20 PM
That worked out so well for Arkansas and 0U...

As I recall, KU blew out the opponent the last time they wore the red unis. Of course, that's all just superstition. Best team on this night will win.

kstater
01-03-2008, 06:21 PM
KU: The fighting red and silver.

Skip Towne
I remember it. Remember his infamous comment to the Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor?

"Come on, Sandy Baby, loosen up. You're too uptight."

LMAO
Then he fell out of his chair.

Coach
VT to receive. KU kicking off!

Bearcat
Let the ass pounding begin!

Er, that probably came out wrong...

kstater
oops

DaKCMan AP
ouch

Coach
01-03-2008, 06:22 PM
And just like that, VT has excellent field position.

smittysbar
Way to start

Bob Dole
Ouch.

Mr. Laz
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu*******

Frazod
Great return. Go VT!

Demonpenz
what no michael vick flipping the coin?

siberian khatru
Best team on this night will win.

My condolences.

ROFL

No, seriously, I'm not trying to pull a frazod. Good luck.

kstater
01-03-2008, 06:23 PM
what no michael vick flipping the coin?

He's tied up at the moment.

Coach
Man, if that pass was right on the money.....

Pablo
Is that considered grade-A in Lawrence? :pI'm sure they're nowhere near as sexy as any SEC broad.

Coach
01-03-2008, 06:24 PM
First down, VT

Mr. Laz
talib is too slow to play corner in the NFL

might as well move him to safety at the very beginning

Mecca
This is an ugly start...

Pablo
Damn..not good news.

chiefs1111
love those red jerseys

Pablo
Ownage..hell yeah.

Coach
And Marcus Vick gets sacked....

Oh wait, never mind. It was Taylor.

siberian khatru
Huge sack (heh).

Mr. Laz
01-03-2008, 06:25 PM
sack!

needed that

Bob Dole
As I recall, KU blew out the opponent the last time they wore the red unis. Of course, that's all just superstition. Best team on this night will win.
Bob Dole was referring to Arkansas' Broyles pants and 0U's red uni's.

Coach
Back to back sacks.

siberian khatru
Implosion

Bearcat
This is an ugly start...

Yeah, those two sacks were ugly...

Pablo
We ain't playing around sucka!

Mr. Laz
another sack ...... move them mothers backwards :clap:

Agent V
2 in a row!

smittysbar
Nice pressure

chiefs1111
wow back to back sacks,looking good for KU so far after a bit of a shaky start

Bob Dole
2 Nice defensive plays in a row.

DaKCMan AP
I'm sure they're nowhere near as sexy as any SEC broad.

Eh, I don't know about the whole SEC but we're pretty good here in FL ;)

Pablo
01-03-2008, 06:26 PM
3rd and 29.

That's a good number.

Bob Dole
Is Solari filling in as OC for VT?

Lzen
Kansas defense steps it up.

kstater
Awesome punt right there.

Mr. Laz
crappy punt

siberian khatru
What is that, an 18-yard net?

Coach
WTF is up with the punters trying to "kill" the ball, when they only need at least 20-30 yards?

Sheesh.

siberian khatru
01-03-2008, 06:27 PM
VT would've been better off "going for it" and intentionally throwing an INT inside the 10.

Mecca
01-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Yeah, those two sacks were ugly...

They were.......on VT's part.

Lzen
01-03-2008, 06:28 PM
Looks like Kansas' defensive plan is to abuse Taylor like they did against McGhee of aTm.

Mr. Laz
01-03-2008, 06:29 PM
now ..... let's see if we can do anything against the VT defense.

we almost always start out conservative and Henry has to get his 1st drop in

one 1st down and a punt :hmmm:

Bearcat
01-03-2008, 06:29 PM
WTF is up with the punters trying to "kill" the ball, when they only need at least 20-30 yards?

Sheesh.

Do they even teach the corner kick anymore?

I'm really good at it in NCAA '07 :)

Demonpenz
01-03-2008, 06:30 PM
they don't really teach the corner kick because of people shanking them

Mr. Laz
They were.......on VT's part.
should i just put you on cpiggy now?

Coach
Good decision to throw it away.

Coach
01-03-2008, 06:31 PM
Jeez, that is one hell of a catch.

DaKCMan AP
nice catch

siberian khatru
Great catch

Pablo
Damn..nice catch.

chiefs1111
thats a heck of a catch right there

Lzen
Nice grab by Fine.

Mr. Laz
did a terrible job of picking up the blitz ... dammit

Coach
nice catch

lol. Damn. I was gonna say :spock: on the 3 and out comment you said, but you're a fast editor. :p

DaKCMan AP
to the 50

Pablo
We ain't playin around sucka!

Lovin' it.

KCFalcon59
Keep moving it Hawks.

doomy3
01-03-2008, 06:32 PM
nice playcall there

Demonpenz
sabian symbols sucks too much wahh give me Z's any day

DaKCMan AP
lol. Damn. I was gonna say :spock: on the 3 and out comment you said, but you're a fast editor. :p

lol ;)

I was watching and was "woah! nice catch" and then the douche commentator says "incomplete".

Mr. Laz
WTF kind of formation was that?

Coach
lol ;)

I was watching and was "woah! nice catch" and then the douche commentator says "incomplete".

Did Pat Summerall somehow got in the press box?

Coach
01-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Another good catch, by Meier this time.

DaKCMan AP
another 1st down

Pablo
Hell yes baby...

Do it to em hawks.

doomy3
Heck of a throw and catch.

Hawks moving the ball

Bearcat
Interesting way to start the game... they kept trying to run it against a quick Mizzou D. Looks like they have something early with the short passes, hopefully to open up some running lanes.

Pablo
Stuffed..

doomy3
01-03-2008, 06:34 PM
Shrarp got rocked

Pablo
Not too bad..not too good either.

siberian khatru
Big 3rd down here

DaKCMan AP
option doesn't work there

Bearcat
open up some running lanes.

Um, eventually....

Mr. Laz
well VT is definitely my athletic than us ....... gonna have to throw the ball to win.

Coach
Should had snapped it when he was offsides.

And he's short.

siberian khatru
01-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Oh, Reesing should've junked the juke and just gone straight ahead

DaKCMan AP
The VT LBs close so quickly

doomy3
The VT defense is fast

Coach
And VT bites the hard count. Offsides on defense gives KU new set of downs.

doomy3
whats the call?

Pablo
Thanks a lot VT. We appreciate your support.

doomy3
01-03-2008, 06:36 PM
Yes!! Offsides

siberian khatru
Nice job by Reesing on the count

DaKCMan AP
The VT defense is fast

It's that SEC spee.. wait, they're in the ACC?

DaKCMan AP
swallowed

Bearcat
Ouch.

Coach
well VT is definitely my athletic than us ....... gonna have to throw the ball to win.

And play disciplined as well.

That wasn't a good example there....

chiefs1111
damn,he just got crushed

Mr. Laz
01-03-2008, 06:37 PM
holding and sack

had a month to get our offensive line ready to handle the blitz and apparently we didn't. :shake:

DaKCMan AP
the rain favors VT

Coach
Nice play call, the shuffle pass.

kstater
That's one way to answer the blitz

Pablo
That was a pretty sweet shovel pass.

VT is so damn fast...

Mr. Laz
01-03-2008, 06:38 PM
rain

Coach
Oh... almost.

DaKCMan AP
that was close

siberian khatru
Wow he was open

Mr. Laz
was open ...... reesing blew it

Mecca
Overthrow......

ptlyon
Nice weather we're havin!

kstater
Don't get that call. 4 down territory and you go long?

Lzen
Damn, a little high. That could've been a TD.

Pablo
Son of a....

Guess we'll pull a Chiefs and try to kick a FG.

siberian khatru
01-03-2008, 06:39 PM
MISSED AGAIN!

Coach
And he shanked it.

DaKCMan AP
no good

Mecca
No points out of that hurts against a team like VT.

Pablo
NOOOOO.

Bob Dole
Ouch.

Demonpenz
that miss favors VT