PDA

View Full Version : Cam Cameron fired

Sure-Oz
01-03-2008, 08:11 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3178646
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Cameron out as Dolphins coach

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESPN.com

Dolphins coach Cam Cameron was fired Thursday morning, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports, continuing the team's shakeup following the hiring of Bill Parcells as head of football operations.

Wonder if we will take a shot at him for OC now?

chief52
01-03-2008, 08:12 AM
Probably should sit back and enjoy the $$$$ coming his way....

RedThat
01-03-2008, 08:13 AM
HIRE HIM!!!!

King_Chief_Fan
01-03-2008, 08:14 AM
I would like that. But, my guess is Shula.
1) Herm's ass buddy at Tampa
2) Croyle's college head coach

Shula will be a terrible pick.

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 08:16 AM
Also, Jeff Ireland was hired as their GM.

Bill Parcells
01-03-2008, 08:17 AM
Somebody should pick him up as an OC. he's a good play caller.

RedThat
01-03-2008, 08:17 AM
There are some really good OC out there. Martz, Cameron to name a few.

I'd pissed as heck if the chiefs hired Shula.

RedThat
01-03-2008, 08:18 AM
Somebody should pick him up as an OC. he's a good play caller.

And good calling is what this team needs.

Playcalling was an issue all year long. Hire Cameron and that issue is resolved.

Sure-Oz
01-03-2008, 08:18 AM
Rotoworld thinks SF would be an ideal choice

chief52
01-03-2008, 08:22 AM
Rotoworld thinks SF would be an ideal choice

SF is going to be one of the biggest pursers of the top OC and hence direct competition for whoever the Chiefs are looking for. Please let it not be Shula...

The Bad Guy
01-03-2008, 08:24 AM
I also think he's going to San Francisco.

They ran the same offense with Norv 2 years ago.

If the Chiefs are trying to get away from the Vermeil/Saunders playbook, Cameron isn't the ideal fit.

KCChiefsFan88
01-03-2008, 08:28 AM
I would think Cameron jumps to #1 on Herm's list. He has everything Herm is looking for... experience as an NFL offensive coordinator, running a balance, yet diversified offense and because Cameron has experience as a college head coach he understands how to develop an offensive system that is both diverse yet simple enough for young guys to step in and make plays.

Also Cameron's experience in the AFC West can't hurt his chances

Pushead2
01-03-2008, 08:34 AM
Please Hire him.

J Diddy
01-03-2008, 08:36 AM
another dolphin caught in the tuna net

thehead
01-03-2008, 08:48 AM
another dolphin caught in the tuna net

Nice
ROFL

MahiMike
01-03-2008, 09:05 AM
Does it really matter who the OC is for Herm? Any guy worth his salt will quit after 1 year's worth of Herm's gameday vetos.

Frankie
01-03-2008, 09:13 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080103/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_dolphins_coach

COME ON HERM, GO GET HIM BEFORE THEY ALL LINE UP TO GET HIM. PLEASE!!!

Pushead2
01-03-2008, 09:14 AM
repost

DaKCMan AP
repost, front page, not even halfway down :spock:

Pushead2
antifreeze.....

Frankie
01-03-2008, 09:15 AM
I missed. I guess some folks have even less of a life than me! ;)

Woodrow Call
01-03-2008, 09:17 AM
No chance Herm hires him. For better or worse he wants a WC offense with zone blocking not more of the same.

Personally I'm ready for a change in philosohy.

Frankie
01-03-2008, 09:18 AM
I would like that. But, my guess is Shula.
1) Herm's ass buddy at Tampa
2) Croyle's college head coach

Shula will be a terrible pick.
Why not cameron for OC and Shula for QBs (plus a bogus lame title to make it promotional)? If Cameron could make Marty's 'O' open up he could do it with Herm's too.

Pushead2
01-03-2008, 09:20 AM
The problem with Cam's system is we would need a RB that can catch out of the backfield.

crazycoffey
01-03-2008, 09:21 AM
There are some really good OC out there. Martz, Cameron to name a few.

I'd pissed as heck if the chiefs hired Shula.

I'd probably be more pissed if they hired Martz!
I have no real good arguement against him either, but I can say the same thing about Dr. Phil....

Frankie
01-03-2008, 09:32 AM
The problem with Cam's system is we would need a RB that can catch out of the backfield.
Kolby

Brock
01-03-2008, 09:35 AM

Larry Johnson can catch passes if you have a QB who can throw it to him.

KCChiefsFan88
01-03-2008, 09:37 AM
Cam Cameron as OC and Mike Martz as QB coach... how would people feel about that?

crazycoffey
01-03-2008, 09:39 AM
we already have a QB coach...

Mr. Laz
01-03-2008, 09:39 AM
so where are all the people who insisted that Cameron would be fired after just one season?????

i forget who you are ........ step right up and take your medicine.

don't make me break out the search feature. :)

Mr. Laz
01-03-2008, 09:40 AM
Larry Johnson can catch passes if you have a QB who can throw it to him.
some of them anyway........ :(

CupidStunt
01-03-2008, 09:40 AM
He'll get offers to be an OC in a better situation than here.

And we'd probably pussy out even if he did want to sign.

Oh well.

Mr. Laz
01-03-2008, 09:41 AM
if the Chiefs organization was worth more than 2 buckets of pig shit, Cameron would already be on a plane to KC.

NewChief
01-03-2008, 09:42 AM
I would be very surprised to see Cam end up with the Chiefs in any capacity.

chagrin
01-03-2008, 09:43 AM
I would be very surprised to see Cam end up with the Chiefs in any capacity.

Heyman - serious question - what's the new name going to be now that Trent's gone?

NewChief
01-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Heyman - serious question - what's the new name going to be now that Trent's gone?

NewAnalyst?

thehead
01-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Cam Cameron as OC and Mike Martz as QB coach... how would people feel about that?

No way Herm surrounds himself with Coaches smarter then him makes too much since see Crooked Dick Curl

Cochise
01-03-2008, 09:49 AM
He doesn't really make sense for us. If we were still running to old system them it would make perfect sense. Herm doesn't want to run that type of offense, however, and we've been shipping away personnel like Trent Green to transition into the dink and dunk.

KCChiefsFan88
01-03-2008, 09:50 AM
No way Herm surrounds himself with Coaches smarter then him makes too much since see Crooked Dick Curl

Unfortunately you are correct.

Herm would feel threatened with the likes of Cam Cameron and Martz on his coaching staff... he's such an insecure fraud.

KCChiefsFan88
01-03-2008, 09:50 AM
He doesn't really make sense for us. If we were still running to old system them it would make perfect sense. Herm doesn't want to run that type of offense, however, and we've been shipping away personnel like Trent Green to transition into the dink and dunk.

Ah but Herm claims he wants an offense that gets "chunks" of yards

TEX
01-03-2008, 09:52 AM
Why not cameron for OC and Shula for QBs (plus a bogus lame title to make it promotional)? If Cameron could make Marty's 'O' open up he could do it with Herm's too.

Yep. But DV spoke highly of Cam before he became the Chargers OC. Herm won't like that.

mylittlepony
01-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Cam Cameron(mia) as OC and Rex Ryan(bal) as DC would be a very good first step to rebuilding.

Mr. Laz
Cam Cameron's offense is too complicated for Herm

ROYC75
Oh Frankie ...... How could ya ?

thehead
01-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Yep. But DV spoke highly of Cam before he became the Chargers OC. Herm won't like that.

You are correct Herm would feel slighted then he would get flustrated What a boob .When is Clark going to address the media?

Cochise
01-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Ah but Herm claims he wants an offense that gets "chunks" of yards

I believe him that given the personnel, he'd be more aggressive. I didn't see a Jets offense that never threw the ball past the markers or did the things that (they believe) we have been forced to do.

I'm sure he does want to be aggressive on offense. But he doesn't believe in Cameron's system and wants a west coast system instead.

Therefore, it seems like the chances of us bringing in Cameron to install a system we just uninstalled are slim to say the least.

Chiefnj2
01-03-2008, 10:04 AM
I believe him that given the personnel, he'd be more aggressive. I didn't see a Jets offense that never threw the ball past the markers or did the things that (they believe) we have been forced to do.

You didn't pay attention to the Jets then. Herm's teams were known for throwing short and running draws on 3rd and long. Field position, field position, field position and wait for the other team to make a mistake.

Pushead2

I'm sure he does want to be aggressive on offense. But he doesn't believe in Cameron's system and wants a west coast system instead.

Therefore, it seems like the chances of us bringing in Cameron to install a system we just uninstalled are slim to say the least.

With Cam's system ,Tony will benefit and he really never had an outstanding receiver at SD.....it would be good for us...

crazycoffey
NewAnalyst?

ROFL

wait, how about NewQBCoach?

I know - dead horse....

TEX
01-03-2008, 10:11 AM

I thought Herm said that he did not want a West Coast system?

dtebbe
01-03-2008, 10:14 AM
I think Camron proved in SD that he can call plays if he has a few weapons. He pretty much changed Marty's image on the O side of the ball.... and that's an accomplishment in itself.

He'd be a good hire IMHO.

DT

Frankie
01-03-2008, 10:34 AM
Oh Frankie ...... How could ya ?
?

King_Chief_Fan
01-03-2008, 10:48 AM

also consider his response about Cameron being the Chiefs next OC.
He said: paraphrased: It isn't about the name, it is about the fit.

I think he is just saying no to Cameron.

RedThat
01-03-2008, 10:57 AM
if the Chiefs organization was worth more than 2 buckets of pig shit, Cameron would already be on a plane to KC.

ROFL

Chiefnj2
01-03-2008, 10:57 AM
I thought Herm said that he did not want a West Coast system?

He didn't. He said he didn't want to CALL it a WCO because people would criticize it.

RedThat
01-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Cam Cameron's offense is too complicated for Herm

Thats okay. As long as Herm can stay far far away from the offense and let an experienced guy like cameron push and operate the buttons Im fine with that.

And thats what needs to happen because he doesn't know anything about offense? Get an experienced guy here, and let him have total control over operations on offense. Let him call the plays, etc. Chances of that happening are fairly long.

It is worth dreaming though.

*But as funny as it is, playcalling was the teams biggest weakness this year. And Cameron is known for being a good playcaller.

RedThat
01-03-2008, 11:07 AM
also consider his response about Cameron being the Chiefs next OC.
He said: paraphrased: It isn't about the name, it is about the fit.

I think he is just saying no to Cameron.

BUT, he also said the guy has to have experience calling plays?

And that is, Cam Cameron

Micjones
01-03-2008, 11:11 AM
Hiring Cameron makes too much sense.

I hope Herm is fully prepared to turn the reins over to a guy like Cam Cameron. He'd go a long way to fixing our offensive problems with personnel changes sure to follow.

Chiefnj2
01-03-2008, 11:16 AM
Hiring Cameron makes too much sense.

I hope Herm is fully prepared to turn the reins over to a guy like Cam Cameron. He'd go a long way to fixing our offensive problems with personnel changes sure to follow.

You didn't listen to the press conference did you?

Micjones
01-03-2008, 11:17 AM
No sir, I did not.

RedThat
01-03-2008, 11:32 AM
Ah I thought about it and it all makes sense. Chiefs aren't smart enough to hire Cameron.All this talk about Changes is crap. Don't get your hopes up. This same thing happened in New York. Herm threw his OC under the bus, never took any blame himself. The supposely "new" guy came in and things were the same. Notice, the guy they hire has to be right "fit". Do you all know what the proper interpretation of that is? It means the guy they hire has to be a "YES" man that will work under Herm and do what he says. The way he wants to run things around here. I'll bet that is whats going to exactly happen?

Nothing will change. They make it seem that way. But it's all bologny. I don't buy one bit of it. The OC is the slave to Herms orders. Thats all. Then if things are wrong, he'll get thrown under the bus, nothing will change because Herm will run things the way he wants but the guy working under him will be his scapegoat to his problems when in all actuality Herm is the problem himself. It's just a perfect display and cover up for the guy who is the main problem. This is a total display of arrogance to its COMPLETE finest.

Thig Lyfe
01-03-2008, 11:37 AM
NewAnalyst?

NewQBCoach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*is shot*

chiefsfan1963
01-03-2008, 11:38 AM
looking forward to the day CP and staff finally move on and the new GM and staff clean house like they are doing in mIAMI.

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 11:44 AM
looking forward to the day CP and staff finally move on and the new GM and staff clean house like they are doing in mIAMI.

You do realize this is Miami's 4th house-cleaning since 1996?

RedThat
01-03-2008, 11:46 AM
You do realize this is Miami's 4th house-cleaning since 1996?

At least they try?

Chiefs on other hand, dont.

crazycoffey
01-03-2008, 11:46 AM
NewQBCoach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*is shot*

Ha, I'm not the only one that said that, I think that's the beginning of an omen....

Sure-Oz
01-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Saw Parcells renewed Ricky Williams

Spicy McHaggis
01-03-2008, 02:01 PM
SIGN HIM CARL NOW!!! LOUD NOISES!!!

Chiefnj2
01-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Saw Parcells renewed Ricky Williams
10 minutes after his no dope smokers speech?

Thig Lyfe
01-03-2008, 02:11 PM
Ha, I'm not the only one that said that, I think that's the beginning of an omen....

Whoops, didn't see you had beat me. That's what I get for not reading the whole thread.