PDA

View Full Version : JARED ALLEN for JASON TAYLOR

blackhawk
01-03-2008, 09:24 AM
Trading Thomas, Taylor will best serve
Dolphins
It's time for Jason Taylor to go.

Zach Thomas, too, if Miami can find a taker.

They have been terrific players for the Dolphins - both certain future Ring of Honor members - for the whole of their careers. But the best service they now can provide a franchise as downtrodden and desperate as Miami's lies not in what they can do, but in what they can bring.

Bill Parcells, the Dolphins' football czar, has to know as much, and ought to tell Jeff Ireland, Miami's new general manager, to put the Taylor-Thomas Project at or near the top of the docket.

Parcells, upon introduction as vice president of football operations last week, said he's in the "talent acquisition" business. So, acquire.

Maybe he could steal a first-round draft choice for a 33-year-old defensive end still as formidable as Taylor is when allowed to freelance and improvise. Probably not, but a second-rounder and perhaps another lower-rounder would do. He should also take whatever conditional pick he can get for a migraine-infected, concussion-plagued 34-year-old linebacker as brave-hearted as Thomas remains after spending too many seasons making tackle after tackle after tackle.
swap 1st and miami gets a 5th!

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 09:24 AM
:spock:

crazycoffey
01-03-2008, 09:27 AM
ahhh, no

Brock
01-03-2008, 09:29 AM
shut up

thehead
01-03-2008, 09:31 AM
WTF

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cuss:

penguinz
Just plain stupid. If you have not noticed we are supposed to be in a rebuilding mode also. When rebuilding you do not trade a young player who is just coming into his prime with an older player who is on the downside of his career.

KcMizzou
LMAO

So much for that idea.

ROYC75
01-03-2008, 09:32 AM
The only thing that is more stupid than you saying this is it happening............

Seriously, How can you post shit like this.

Amnorix
01-03-2008, 09:34 AM
I'll give a 4th for Jason Taylor. That's valuing him as much as Randy Moss after all.

It's tough to give up the 4th, but JT should have a year or two left in the tank.

KCChiefsFan88
01-03-2008, 09:36 AM
Jared Allen= age 25, Jason Taylor= age 33

Why would you trade a younger more productive defensive end for an older defensive end with declining production?

Now if the Chiefs could get Taylor for a reasonable price (maybe a 3rd round draft pick this year and a 5th round pick in '09) I would be for that since having a Jared Allen-Jason Taylor combination at both ends of the defensive line would be lethal for opposing defenses and would make the job easier for the younger cornerbacks the Chiefs will likely be starting next season.

ROYC75
01-03-2008, 09:38 AM
We can give them our conditional pick back for Trent Green.

Frankie
01-03-2008, 09:43 AM
The best idea yet. But bringing JT in for a couple of years IS a good idea and helps a lot with the DE rotation.

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 09:45 AM
The best idea yet. But bringing JT in for a couple of years IS a good idea and helps a lot with the DE rotation.

No it's not. We're not going to make a run next year and all it does is take playing time away from a young player who needs game experience.

Frankie
01-03-2008, 10:46 AM
No it's not. We're not going to make a run next year and all it does is take playing time away from a young player who needs game experience.
True enough.

chagrin
01-03-2008, 10:48 AM
You don't get better by trading away a solid Defensive End, young in years - dummy

Micjones
01-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Uh no... Period.

BigRedChief
01-03-2008, 10:49 AM
That'll work for me also but Allen for Taylor?ROFL

King_Chief_Fan
01-03-2008, 10:51 AM
Trading Thomas, Taylor will best serve
Dolphins
It's time for Jason Taylor to go.

Parcells, upon introduction as vice president of football operations last week, said he's in the "talent acquisition" business. So, acquire.

Maybe he could steal a first-round draft choice for a 33-year-old defensive end still as formidable as Taylor is when allowed to freelance and improvise. Probably not, but a second-rounder and perhaps another lower-rounder would do. He should also take whatever conditional pick he can get for a migraine-infected, concussion-plagued 34-year-old linebacker as brave-hearted as Thomas remains after spending too many seasons making tackle after tackle after tackle.
swap 1st and miami gets a 5th!

some people need to sober up before posting

OctoberFart
01-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Whoever suggested that trade I hope KC hires thems to oversee personel decisions.

blackhawk
01-03-2008, 11:23 AM
go head and sign allen watch! lj all over he will play one game and take off 15!

Cochise
01-03-2008, 11:27 AM
Great idea... in 2003

Thig Lyfe
01-03-2008, 11:27 AM
What and stoopid moran idiot.

penguinz
01-03-2008, 11:31 AM
go head and sign allen watch! lj all over he will play one game and take off 15!This comment is even more ignorant than what you started the thread with.

OctoberFart
01-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Why do half of you guys want to trade Allen? Do you think top flight DE's are a dime a dozen?

Thig Lyfe
01-03-2008, 12:11 PM
Why do half of you guys want to trade Allen? Do you think top flight DE's are a dime a dozen?

I would say 3% of us want to trade Allen, and those people are morans.

alpha_omega
01-03-2008, 12:13 PM
It is early in the year, but this thread should be a nominee for the "worst thread of '08"

Logical
01-03-2008, 12:16 PM
Just plain stupid. If you have not noticed we are supposed to be in a rebuilding mode also. When rebuilding you do not trade a young player who is just coming into his prime with an older player who is on the downside of his career.

I agree we should be looking at a sign and trade where we get two first day picks and one second day pick for Allen.

penguinz
01-03-2008, 12:19 PM
I agree we should be looking at a sign and trade where we get two first day picks and one second day pick for Allen.Wrong. We should sign his ass and keep him. Above average DE's are hard to come by and he has the makings of being well above average. He is still young and has plenty of football still in him.

Rausch
01-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Wrong. We should sign his ass and keep him. Above average DE's are hard to come by and he has the makings of being well above average. He is still young and has plenty of football still in him.

The whole point is to use picks to get good players. You don't then turn around and trade the great players you get. That's not building something that's treading water. It's not like Allen is 35 or something.

It's a ****ing stupid idea to trade our ONLY defensive playmaker...

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 12:27 PM
The whole point is to use picks to get good players. You don't then turn around and trade the great players you get. That's not building something that's treading water. It's not like Allen is 35 or something.

I thought the idea was to become a farm system for other NFL franchises?

penguinz
01-03-2008, 12:35 PM

It's a ****ing stupid idea to trade our ONLY defensive playmaker...Why are you quoting me? I want to keep him. we have to keep all the really good players we can that are young and have the balls to grow a mullet and shave in racing stripes.

ChiefsCountry
01-03-2008, 12:43 PM
Lets trade for Derek Anderson as well. Give the Browns our 1st and 3rd, send our second to Atlanta for DeAngleo Hall, our 4th to Jets for Pennington, sign Alan Faneca. That will leave us all of our picks in rounds 5 through 7, which we all know is where all the impact players are anyways. Come on Carl get it done.

:banghead:

Lzen
01-03-2008, 12:49 PM
go head and sign allen watch! lj all over he will play one game and take off 15!

Are you really this dumb? So I guess signing Tony Gonzalez to that big contract made him complacent, too? :rolleyes: Thank God you aren't running our team. People think it's bad now. With moronic ideas like this, you make Herm and Carl look like Albert Einstein and Bobby Fischer.

Pablo
01-03-2008, 01:17 PM
Let's trade him for Ricky Williams.

That's a really good idea. We could go straight up, or at least give them a 2nd or 3rd for him. Talent like Ricky only comes along once in a lifetime.

RustShack
01-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Good one Carl.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-03-2008, 01:38 PM
Dolphin fans still exist, but the sanity is highly questionable

Bump
01-03-2008, 02:41 PM
hell to the no

StcChief
01-03-2008, 02:46 PM
your and idiot

Bane
01-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Jason taylor=Eric Hicks

King_Chief_Fan
01-03-2008, 03:45 PM
I thought the idea was to become a farm system for other NFL franchises?

no, that is the Royals....:)

Logical
01-03-2008, 04:09 PM

Another playmaker like LJ who has a history of problems, yes he played well this year, amazing how that happened in his contract year. I say franchise his ass and look for the best possible trade. If one cannot be made, make him play for the franchise tag, and then franchise him again next year. Keep him incentivized to have those great years with no payoff otherwise.

Der Flöprer
01-03-2008, 04:11 PM

LMAO Are you trying to make yourself feel better after the "Look at me, I'm a blithering idiot" thread? Sofa king we todd did.

CrazyPhuD
01-03-2008, 05:27 PM
I don't know this deal could make sense....IF it's JT + their 1st and 3rd for JA.