PDA

View Full Version : Let the Bidding Begin at 1 million Dollars

NaptownChief
07-28-2001, 11:56 AM
I got snubbed by Nomar last night for an autograph but things have quickly turned around.....

A friend of mine just got back from Terre Haute this morning at Colts morning practice with a signature like no other....

He got my mini Florida Gator helmet signed by none other than Superman himself "Mike Peterson"....:D

So let the bidding war for this true treasure begin....

California Injun
07-28-2001, 12:10 PM
I'll take it for $125!!!

Now to ease this transaction, I prefer Money Orders addressed to NoCal Injun.:D

NaptownChief
07-28-2001, 12:11 PM
What? No takers at 1 million dollars....

Ok, I will move the starting bid down to $500K but no lower. Remember, this is Mike Peterson that we are talking about.

Tribal Warfare
07-28-2001, 12:23 PM
I bid a Snickers candybar!!!! Only the best for this item :D

Rausch
07-28-2001, 12:40 PM
I've never heard of this guy, so he MUST be a secret weapon of ultimate talent...Hidden by the coaching staff for fear another team may try and steal him away....

You know, like Jesse Haynes.....

I bid my 3 Sean Lachepelle cards, my Grbaby rookie card, and the 4 Corey Dillon rookie cards I bought a year ago(i was a dreamer, and the dream died..)

Wait.....I want to keep the Dillon cards...:D

ck_IN
07-28-2001, 01:15 PM
Ah, but did you get any Shawn King cards in a Colt uni? *L*

Our Colts do seem to have some bad luck with players don't they J80.

NaptownChief
07-28-2001, 02:28 PM
Yep, the Dolts have always had horrible luck with defensive players...

Steve Entman, Q. Coryott, Trev Alberts, Rob Morris, Fred Young, Johnny Cooks, John Hand etc. etc...Every defensive player they have tried to build around has always flopped, usually due to injury.

California Injun
07-28-2001, 02:30 PM
Not to mention the hands of stone they possess.

Wasn't it Coryett that dropped a gimme TD from O'Donnell in the 4th quarter of the '95 Championship?

Tribal Warfare
07-28-2001, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by jl80
Yep, the Dolts have always had horrible luck with defensive players...

Your using the San Diego Charger reference too loosely. :D

NaptownChief
07-28-2001, 02:43 PM
Yep, a nice soft toss right into his numbers and nothing but wide open turf between him and the goaline...

You have to remember the Colts of the 80's and early 90's, no team was more deserving of the name Dolts then they were...

ck_IN
07-29-2001, 11:38 AM
You have to remember the Colts of the 80's and early 90's

I wasn't in Indy in the 80's but I can vouch for the 90's. :(

Hey J80, remember that local singer (I can't remember his name!) who'd come on Bob & Tom and sing 'Lord help our Colts?! It was sooo funny in a gallows sort of way.

Steve Entman and Trev Alberts, those names bring shudders to me. If memory serves they were drafted #2 and #3 overall by the Colts. Entman had some good games before his knees gave way. Alberts was a waste from the get go.

NaptownChief
07-29-2001, 11:43 AM
Ck,

Duke Tomato is the musician that you are thinking of...

Entman was #1 overall the same year they took Coryett #2 overall...

Alberts I believe was #5 overall the same year we took Faulk #2 overall and the Bungles took Big Duddy Wilkenson #1 overall...

ck_IN
07-29-2001, 12:05 PM
Duke Tomato and the Power Trio! Thanks J80, that was driving me nuts.

Apparently the ole short term is malfunctioning on several fronts. I thought Q. was drafted the same year as Faulk. Q had some talent, he just couldn't seem to put together and stay healthy. At any rate it does highlight some of the horid drafts we've had here in Indy.

Now if Rob Morris can put the pieces together.....

California Injun
07-29-2001, 12:18 PM
The Colts let Marshall Faulk go? :eek:

And they got only a 5th for him?:eek:

Next thing you're gonna tell me is Eric Dickerson played for them and they never made the play-offs.

What the..... stop messing with me!!!:p

NaptownChief
07-29-2001, 12:22 PM
Injun,

They did get a 2nd and a 5th for Faulk but still a long way from fair value...

That 2nd round pick did turn into Superman Mike Peterson, yes THE Mike Peterson...:D