PDA

View Full Version : BEST First Dates

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 11:59 AM
What were some of your best first dates? Where did you go? What did you do? How did it go? Most creative dates that worked outside of a boring dinner/movie date?

I'm not interested in what you did after the date or in the backseat of the car.

With all of you old people there should be tons of first date experiences..

HonestChieffan
01-03-2008, 12:02 PM
I prefer the first of April.

hawkchief
01-03-2008, 12:02 PM
This could get ugly.

kepp
01-03-2008, 12:03 PM
My first date with my wife was probably the best. We went with two other couples to the old Nike radar/missle installation in the Santa Monica mountains and had a picnic at the top of one of the old observation towers - nice hike, nice view, nice dinner. We had a lot of fun.

Eleazar
01-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Ihop and Mario 2 has always done the trick for me.

ChiefsCountry
01-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Somebody found a girl it looks like, trying to piggy back some idea. :p

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 12:06 PM
My first date with my wife was probably the best. We went with two other couples to the old Nike radar/missle installation in the Santa Monica mountains and had a picnic at the top of one of the old observation towers - nice hike, nice view, nice dinner. We had a lot of fun.

See, now, all the literature says that double-date first-dates aren't a good idea.

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Somebody found a girl it looks like, trying to piggy back some idea. :p

Nothing wrong with seeing if anyone's more creative than I am :D

FAX
01-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Every first date I've ever had was great.

I can't say that about every last date, though.

FAX

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Every first date I've ever had was great.

I can't say that about every last date, though.

FAX

And what did you do on said great first dates, Mr. Fax?

Fly O.T. McWall
01-03-2008, 12:11 PM
it rubbed the lotion on its skin. very nice date.

tooge
01-03-2008, 12:16 PM
2girls1cup

FAX
01-03-2008, 12:16 PM
And what did you do on said great first dates, Mr. Fax?

Let's see ... pretty much everything.

The dinner/movie thing.
The art gallery thing.
The picnic in the park thing.
The day trip to the beach thing.
The drop acid and watch the ceiling fan thing.

Are you looking for ideas for a special someone, Mr. DaKCMan AP? If so, tell me something about her and where you live. I would happily plan a memorable evening for you.

FAX THE LOVE MACHINE

ChiefsCountry
01-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Nothing wrong with seeing if anyone's more creative than I am :D

Hate to say but probally watch some chick flicks to see what those bastards do. Girls love that stuff for some reason.

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Let's see ... pretty much everything.

The dinner/movie thing.
The art gallery thing.
The picnic in the park thing.
The day trip to the beach thing.
The drop acid and watch the ceiling fan thing.

Are you looking for ideas for a special someone, Mr. DaKCMan AP? If so, tell me something about her and where you live. I would happily plan a memorable evening for you.

FAX THE LOVE MACHINE

I am in the process of planning something, Mr. Fax, however I am also just looking for general ideas and some interesting stories.

I'd rather the first date be an evening event which pretty much eliminates the art gallery/museums/zoos in this area. I also don't want to take her to a place where I'll run into a bunch of people I know, so that eliminates a lot of post-dinner bars/clubs/dance halls.

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Hate to say but probally watch some chick flicks to see what those bastards do. Girls love that stuff for some reason.

LMAO

But in those the guy always starts by misleading the girl by lying or half-truths, making a mistake so the chick finds out, and then having to apologize and win her back.

tooge
01-03-2008, 12:24 PM
My first date with my wife was a double date and the other couple drove. we were in the back seat after some bar hopping and I barfed all over the back seat NICE! Well, here we are 15 years later. That, by the way, was the last time that happened. Now we clean our kids barf up together. Best first date, hmm, Probably a horse ride and picnic on the beach north of San Diego in college. She dug that and I got some after.

ChiefsCountry
01-03-2008, 12:24 PM
LMAO

But in those the guy always starts by misleading the girl by lying or half-truths, making a mistake so the chick finds out, and then having to apologize and win her back.

Very true.

Fly O.T. McWall
01-03-2008, 12:26 PM
it rubbed the lotion on its skin. very nice date.
on the second date, i supermanned her.

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the input, soulja boy.

FAX
01-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Here are some ideas for you, Mr. DaKCMan AP.

Visit a Planetarium. It's nice and dark and cozy. Go to dinner later and give her one of those "name a star after somebody you know" gifts. Very memorable.

Farmers' Market. Pick out some stuff, go home and cook it together. I call this the Rachael Ray In Just Her Panties Date.

Play Tourist. Prepare a map and drive around to see the sites that local residents never go to. Makes a nice dinner discussion afterwards. That may take too long, though.

Painting Class. This would be great, I think. A lot of places conduct these. You can trade paintings afterwards.

FAX THE LOVE MONSTER

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Farmers' Market. Pick out some stuff, go home and cook it together. I call this the Rachael Ray In Just Her Panties Date.

LMAO Very nice!

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 12:33 PM
your reading about this?!

ROFL

Eh, I find reading other people's experiences and perspectives interesting.

StcChief
01-03-2008, 12:35 PM
Farmers' Market. Pick out some stuff, go home and cook it together. I call this the Rachael Ray In Just Her Panties Date. I like it.
the follow up is breakfast in the buttondown work shirt.. :D

ChiefsCountry
01-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Could do a little Facebook and MySpace stalking to see what she likes. Done that before, it works kind of well - have to do it a little mysterious though.

siberian khatru
01-03-2008, 12:37 PM
I am in the process of planning something, Mr. Fax, however I am also just looking for general ideas and some interesting stories.

I'd rather the first date be an evening event which pretty much eliminates the art gallery/museums/zoos in this area. I also don't want to take her to a place where I'll run into a bunch of people I know, so that eliminates a lot of post-dinner bars/clubs/dance halls.

I'd avoid the Travis Bickle approach.

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 12:40 PM
I'd avoid the Travis Bickle approach.

Good advice, I don't plan on meeting Chris Hanson. :thumb:

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 12:47 PM
I remember back in school my sociology professor said he'd take a girl out to play tennis or raquetball to get her blood pumping and then make sure to aim one at her head so that her endorphines level would rise and she'd be more susceptible to like him.

Iowanian
01-03-2008, 12:50 PM
"REALLY? I'm pretty sure my first time will be the best for you as well"

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2005/10/05/virgin_wideweb__430x309,0.jpg

Just ask her questions, because she wants to talk about herself anyway.

Iowanian
01-03-2008, 12:51 PM
She's Hurtin' for a Squirtin'

http://web2.modmyprofile.com/mmc/celeb-quotes/40-year-old-virgin-she-was-a-ho.jpg

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 12:52 PM
Just ask her questions, because she wants to talk about herself anyway.

Um, that's the plan. Also wanted to go do something she'd enjoy.

And, yes, I'm just like Steve Carell. :rolleyes:

ChiefsCountry
01-03-2008, 12:55 PM
I remember back in school my sociology professor said he'd take a girl out to play tennis or raquetball to get her blood pumping and then make sure to aim one at her head so that her endorphines level would rise and she'd be more susceptible to like him.

My psychology teacher said something similar. If you want a girl to really like you, do something fairly dangerous and all of that stuff will happen. Cool thing was, I had a chick for a teacher.

Skip Towne
01-03-2008, 01:01 PM
We may just be wasting our time here. Why don't you run on out and see if you can get a date first.

luv
01-03-2008, 01:03 PM
Bowling. Yep, bowling.

siberian khatru
01-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Good advice, I don't plan on meeting Chris Hanson. :thumb:

Oh, heh-heh, I was actually thinking of his first date with Cybill Shepherd.

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 01:04 PM
We may just be wasting our time here. Why don't you run on out and see if you can get a date first.

Already there, grandpa.

I was looking more to just hear stories of others first date experiences. You probably went on a first date once back in the 40s, Skip.

siberian khatru
01-03-2008, 01:05 PM
Bowling. Yep, bowling.

So, you like to play with big balls on the first date?

luv
01-03-2008, 01:08 PM
So, you like to play with big balls on the first date?
Yes, that's why we've never gone out.

Seriously, it was a blast. You could talk, drink, compete a little, and not have the pressure of being face to face thinking up things to say the entire time. I had a great time when I went bowling for that reason.

FAX
01-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Many years ago, Mr. DaKCMan AP, I took a first date to dinner. But, along the way I stopped off at UCLA hospital to visit the wing where they have the really sick children. I had a bag of toys and stuffed animals I gave to the kids.

I have to admit, we barely finished our meal before it was off to the crib. That was one of the best dang dabbed dates I ever had.

FAX

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 01:13 PM
Bowling. Yep, bowling.

Actually there is this kickass nightclub-style 21+ only bowling alley right in a downtown spot with the clubs that I was considering.

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Many years ago, Mr. DaKCMan AP, I took a first date to dinner. But, along the way I stopped off at UCLA hospital to visit the wing where they have the really sick children. I had a bag of toys and stuffed animals I gave to the kids.

I have to admit, we barely finished our meal before it was off to the crib. That was one of the best dang dabbed dates I ever had.

FAX

Mr. Fax was a playa.

Scaga
01-03-2008, 01:14 PM
A 12-er and chloroform?

luv
01-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Actually there is this kickass nightclub-style 21+ only bowling alley right in a downtown spot with the clubs that I was considering.
Sounds fun. If it doesn't go over so well, you could go to the club instead.

Iowanian
01-03-2008, 01:17 PM
Um, that's the plan. Also wanted to go do something she'd enjoy.

And, yes, I'm just like Steve Carell. :rolleyes:

It was a joke....don't be a douchebag.(note proper usage Luv)

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 01:20 PM
It was a joke....don't be a douchebag.(note proper usage Luv)

No, really, I'm just like Steve Carell. Except half his age and much better looking. :D

DeezNutz
01-03-2008, 01:26 PM

FAX

All right, now I'm confused. Forgive me, Mr. Fax, but this sounds rather contrived. How were you able to do this without it looking like an obvious sympathy ploy to get in her pants?

Iowanian
01-03-2008, 01:29 PM
You know how I know you're ghey?

I always thought the best dates were not movies. I've done that, concerts, comedy clubs and all of that, and to me the best dates have been different things, that let you talk. mini golf, a ride on my boat, a hike to a mountain lake...once, I had a girl ride in the tractor with me while I stacked hay.

People that click, can have a really good time doing mundane things.

On the official first date with brideowanian...I had started watching Cool Hand Luke while she finished getting ready, and she sat down and watched the rest of it with me, before we went out. It told me alot about her.

Take her Gaytor wrasslin up on the Okachobee.

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 01:32 PM
You know how I know you're ghey?

I always thought the best dates were not movies. I've done that, concerts, comedy clubs and all of that, and to me the best dates have been different things, that let you talk. mini golf, a ride on my boat, a hike to a mountain lake...once, I had a girl ride in the tractor with me while I stacked hay.

People that click, can have a really good time doing mundane things.

On the official first date with brideowanian...I had started watching Cool Hand Luke while she finished getting ready, and she sat down and watched the rest of it with me, before we went out. It told me alot about her.

Excellent suggestions, and all good considerations. Movie/concert/theater are all definately out. No conversation there. Bowling/mini-golf/dancing/walk along the ocean/bay are all possibilities or even something ghey like one of those make-your-own art places that chicks seem to like.

Inspector
01-03-2008, 01:34 PM
We hid from her husband.

FAX
01-03-2008, 01:34 PM
All right, now I'm confused. Forgive me, Mr. Fax, but this sounds rather contrived. How were you able to do this without it looking like an obvious sympathy ploy to get in her pants?

Well, that part's a long story. I was involved with a charity deal and had planned to go by the hospital earlier in the day and didn't make it. I called her up that afternoon and asked her if she would mind if we dropped by and she said, "no". It all just kind of fell into place.

What I can tell you is this ... there's something about handing out little stuffed teddy bears to sick children that switches the female libido to the "on" position. I sort of looked at it as a win-win.

FAX

Iowanian
01-03-2008, 01:38 PM
Take her to do something memorable if its a top shelf chic......You're in florida...find a para-sailing place or something.

Rapelling was a good date option too.

I guess it depends on what type of guy you are, and what type of gal the date would be.

DeezNutz
01-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Well, that part's a long story. I was involved with a charity deal and had planned to go by the hospital earlier in the day and didn't make it. I called her up that afternoon and asked her if she would mind if we dropped by and she said, "no". It all just kind of fell into place.

What I can tell you is this ... there's something about handing out little stuffed teddy bears to sick children that switches the female libido to the "on" position. I sort of looked at it as a win-win.

FAX

Very good. A noble endeavor indeed. When I read your initial post, I envisioned an off-the-cuff trip to the sick ward, which didn't seem like a plausible plan to get laid.

Skip Towne
01-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Already there, grandpa.

I was looking more to just hear stories of others first date experiences. You probably went on a first date once back in the 40s, Skip.
You will need to post a pic to confirm you have a date. Blow up dolls not acceptable.

sedated
01-03-2008, 01:45 PM
to visit the wing where they have the really sick children. I had a bag of toys and stuffed animals I gave to the kids.

that's pretty good, unless you hate kids.

and the sick ones really give me the creeps

FAX
01-03-2008, 01:46 PM
Very good. A noble endeavor indeed. When I read your initial post, I envisioned an off-the-cuff trip to the sick ward, which didn't seem like a plausible plan to get laid.

ROFL

No. I don't think the hospital would allow strangers to walk into the children's area without advance approval. Nevertheless, if Mr. DaKCMan AP can find some sick kids, it might work for him, too.

Or cats, maybe. Know where there are some sick cats, Mr. DaKCMan AP?

FAX

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 01:48 PM
You will need to post a pic to confirm you have a date. Blow up dolls not acceptable.

You're out of luck Skip, I don't need geezers gawking at my date.

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 01:50 PM
ROFL

No. I don't think the hospital would allow strangers to walk into the children's area without advance approval. Nevertheless, if Mr. DaKCMan AP can find some sick kids, it might work for him, too.

Or cats, maybe. Know where there are some sick cats, Mr. DaKCMan AP?

FAX

ROFL Believe me, I don't have any trouble if I'm looking for an easy score, Mr. Fax. I wouldn't (and wouldn't need to) put forth much effort for that, but that's not what I'm looking for in this particular case. ;)

kepp
01-03-2008, 01:58 PM

FAX
It may have seemed like a win-win to you, but those kids knew what you were up to and it made them cry.

siberian khatru
01-03-2008, 02:04 PM
You're out of luck Skip, I don't need geezers gawking at my date.

He's getting Tebow's sloppy seconds:

http://www.thermocaster.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/tebow.jpg

|Zach|
01-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Me and this girl I have been running around with worked together but our first time out was to the Boulevard Brewery tour. Had a blast...we are actually about to take a class at this food place that does all kinds of different cooking classes. I think we are settled on doing a BBQ one. We have fun. Don't know if thats for anyone else.

DaKCMan AP
01-03-2008, 02:14 PM
Me and this girl I have been running around with worked together but our first time out was to the Boulevard Brewery tour. Had a blast...we are actually about to take a class at this food place that does all kinds of different cooking classes. I think we are settled on doing a BBQ one. We have fun. Don't know if thats for anyone else.

That's great! They have a yuengling brewery and several wine tasting/pairing events around here, which are possibilities for subsequent dates.

patteeu
01-03-2008, 02:15 PM

Where is this food place? My wife would probably like doing something different like that.

Simplex3
01-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Physical activity on first date = good.

Things where you have nothing to do but talk = bad idea in case the conversation lapses.

Taking them to a known meat market like a club = dumb.

el borracho
01-03-2008, 02:18 PM
I had a bag of toys and stuffed animals I gave to the kids.

I have to admit, we barely finished our meal before it was off to the crib.

FAX
Off to the crib?! Just how young were these sick kids and what did you do to them, you perv?

xbarretx
01-03-2008, 02:18 PM

go for the iceskating date. thats what i did with my wife but it never got past dinner and my place. it was the idea that counts though right?

seriously though, friends CAN listen to endless love in the dark while ice skating ;)

|Zach|
01-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Where is this food place? My wife would probably like doing something different like that.
I didn't know about it until someone got me a gift certificate to it. Called the Culinary Center of Kansas City in Shawnee Mission. They have long courses for someone that wants to get serious about cooking it is mostly made up of a lot of one night classes broken down into very specific groups. A whole set of classes for BBQ and things like fish, comfort food, or italian. They also have some just for couples.

Main site is here... http://www.kcculinary.com/

Schedule in PDF form is here... http://www.kcculinary.com/Jan-Apr2008.pdf

Demonpenz
01-03-2008, 02:26 PM
Take em to the lunar bowl. The nacho's make em randy

|Zach|
01-03-2008, 02:26 PM
Physical activity on first date = good.

Things where you have nothing to do but talk = bad idea in case the conversation lapses.

Taking them to a known meat market like a club = dumb.
This is a bit of a detour from the topic but I had a buddy of mine in college I met in the dorms that has this really outlandish way of meeting and talking to new women while working very hard to kill those conversation lapses. It is pretty funny but it worked...really well.

He would go to a place where a lot of people were hanging out...somewhere laid back...like a coffee shop\bookstore type places. Before he went he would do half of a cross word puzzle but know the answers to half that wasn't done. So he goes and sits at a place and a few things would happen. Either some girl would peek over and be see a clue she knew and help him out and they would begin to talk or he would ask someone "Do you know country is by so and so" one of the clues and they would start talking through that.

So him and some girl are talking and getting to know eachother and anytime there was a lull in the conversation it wasn't awkward, they would be focusing in on the puzzle. All of the different topics in the crossword puzzle would usually spring some interesting conversation naturally. On top of all that he seemed pretty smart because he knew a ton of the answers. ROFL

|Zach|
01-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Take em to the lunar bowl. The nacho's make em randy
Boo yah!

http://www.lunarbowl.com/images/bluealley5home.jpg

tooge
01-03-2008, 02:29 PM
OK, combine a few of these ideas. Start off with a walk througjh the farmers market. Get some good veggies and seafood or whatever SHE likes. Then go shopping with her for some beach fun. Then head to the beach with a small grill, blanket, towels, paper plates and a frizbee or football. Girls love to throw a football. Make a killer late lunch or early dinner on the beach.

ChiefsCountry
01-03-2008, 02:30 PM
Girls love to throw a football.

I have noticed that as well. Kind of weird. But I do feel like Tony G trying to catch a Damon Huard pass when that happens. :p

tooge
01-03-2008, 02:40 PM
I have noticed that as well. Kind of weird. But I do feel like Tony G trying to catch a Damon Huard pass when that happens. :p

I throw it back to her left handed, that way we look the same when we throw.

xbarretx
01-03-2008, 02:41 PM
This is a bit of a detour from the topic but I had a buddy of mine in college I met in the dorms that has this really outlandish way of meeting and talking to new women while working very hard to kill those conversation lapses. It is pretty funny but it worked...really well.

He would go to a place where a lot of people were hanging out...somewhere laid back...like a coffee shop\bookstore type places. Before he went he would do half of a cross word puzzle but know the answers to half that wasn't done. So he goes and sits at a place and a few things would happen. Either some girl would peek over and be see a clue she knew and help him out and they would begin to talk or he would ask someone "Do you know country is by so and so" one of the clues and they would start talking through that.

So him and some girl are talking and getting to know eachother and anytime there was a lull in the conversation it wasn't awkward, they would be focusing in on the puzzle. All of the different topics in the crossword puzzle would usually spring some interesting conversation naturally. On top of all that he seemed pretty smart because he knew a ton of the answers. ROFL

too much effort man, once you get out of HS and you realize that the dating game is all BS fed to scare HS kids....you realize that its not hard to get a girl at all. Unfortunately the moment you have this epiphany is the exact same moment you realize that the girl you have is pregnant and that your single days are over! LMAO

ok, back to being serious...too much effort

girls need two things in a date, confidence and personality (at least some shape and form of one)

p.s. good thing for me spelling wasnt a pre-req ;)

StcChief
01-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Go Carts? a Little competitive driving... if she's into that.

Pool maybe at better pool hall not a bar table.
Mini Golf?

Tandem bikes.?

any physical activity is good that doesn't overly test skill level.

xbarretx
01-03-2008, 02:50 PM
[QUOTE=StcChief]

Tandem bikes.?

QUOTE]

:hmmm: sounds like a plan to me :thumb:

seriosuly though, ice skating is a good one. its active, allows you too to talk b/c its not overly exausting to skate, and it allows you both to pull the pretend oh catch me im about to fall without being shy

sedated
01-03-2008, 03:25 PM
I take them to my mom's house.

Then we eat leftover mexican food.

Then I get them drunk. We usually end up back at my mom's house.

Skip Towne
01-03-2008, 03:28 PM
I take them to my mom's house.

Then we eat leftover mexican food, with lots of beans.

Then I get them drunk. We usually end up back at my mom's house.
Did you get that idea from GoChiefs?