PDA

View Full Version : Could Herm Get Another HC Job?

FAX
01-03-2008, 12:13 PM
Let's say that Hermoine fails here with our beloved Chiefs. For example, next year we go 3 and 13 and the following year we win say ... 4 games again. Do you guys think that another franchise would install him as HC after that?

FAX

Disclaimers: Sorry if re-post.

StcChief
01-03-2008, 12:15 PM
alot of variables.... Look at Norv Turner

Frankie
01-03-2008, 12:17 PM
He'll be a DC somewhere.

Brock
01-03-2008, 12:18 PM
He'll be a DC somewhere.

With what experience?

FAX
01-03-2008, 12:19 PM
alot of variables.... Look at Norv Turner

True, that's a great example of a dumbass coach getting a lot of second chances. Good point, Mr. StcChief.

I guess I'm thinking in terms of Herm's commitment to getting this thing on the right track. The league is laughing at our team right now. If anything, Herm is egocentric. It's a potential recipe for motivation.

FAX

Zouk
01-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Getting a 3rd head coaching job would be tough. He might have to wait for a while. If he was fired tomorrow, I would guess he would end up in Indy or Chicago as assistant head coach.

TN_Chief
01-03-2008, 12:22 PM
(Egocentric + motivation) - competence = disaster.

The problem is not Herm's ego or his motivation...it's his total lack of competence/ability. For example, regardless of my ego or motivation I'm not capable of conducting successful brain surgery.

thehead
01-03-2008, 12:24 PM
With what experience?

Hell he suckered two Franchises into head coaching jobs

smittysbar
01-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Not a chance in HELL

HemiEd
01-03-2008, 12:29 PM
If he acts real fast, he may be able to get a job in Atlanta. Those opportunities only come along every once in a while. Hear me Herm? It is warm in Atlanta! You will love it!

StcChief
01-03-2008, 12:30 PM
True, that's a great example of a dumbass coach getting a lot of second chances. Good point, Mr. StcChief.

I guess I'm thinking in terms of Herm's commitment to getting this thing on the right track. The league is laughing at our team right now. If anything, Herm is egocentric. It's a potential recipe for motivation.

FAX
Assuming he finds a real OC.

his draft picks pan out now. He get's an OLine together.
LJ comes back wanting to run and win. Smith doesn't sophmore slump and can spell LJ.

Croyle finds his way as decent (doesn't have to be Star). Bowe /Parker/Webb etc.

Gonzo has another really good year.

The D stabilizes because they aren't gassed by 4th Q....

we could be .500 again. in 2008.

after that? Not sure if HC jobs elsewhere. The Chiefs would renew for 1-2 year deal....

No playoffs after that.... curtains.

DeezNutz
01-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Of course. Once a coach has 3+ years experience, he has qualified for NFL tenure. They all belong to the same country club.

kstater
01-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Not starting anything, but the way the NFL mandates teams' coaching searches, Herm will at least get an interview with most openings. Not saying he gets hired by anyone, but eventually he'll sucker someone again.

cookster50
01-03-2008, 12:36 PM
With the minority requirements, yes. With someone looking for a competent coach, no.

thehead
01-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Not starting anything, but the way the NFL mandates teams' coaching searches, Herm will at least get an interview with most openings. Not saying he gets hired by anyone, but eventually he'll sucker someone again.

True

Woodrow Call
01-03-2008, 12:45 PM
If things continue downhill in KC I think he will be hard pressed. Guys like Norv who get shot after shot despite failing are top coordinators while Herm is basically just a motivator.

Honestly I think when Herm is done here he will move into some team's front office and do a good job. I also think the Herm could be a pretty good coach in college if he ever decided to try it.

Skip Towne
01-03-2008, 12:49 PM

The problem is not Herm's ego or his motivation...it's his total lack of competence/ability. For example, regardless of my ego or motivation I'm not capable of conducting successful brain surgery.
No but you are smart enough not to try.

doomy3
01-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Yes, he would get another job. No question.

FAX
01-03-2008, 12:52 PM
If things continue downhill in KC I think he will be hard pressed. Guys like Norv who get shot after shot despite failing are top coordinators while Herm is basically just a motivator. ...

That's sort of how I see it, Mr. Archie Bunker. Honestly, Herm has a lot riding on this deal, career-wise. Carl has said Herm gets whatever he wants, so no excuses there. If Herm can't get this thing turned around, I don't think his star will be catching the eye of too many GMs around the league. This means, of course, that Herm has to be successful to save his own reputation, viability, and ass. According to my titty graph, this increases our chances of going to the Super Bowl by at least 420%.

FAX

KCChiefsFan88
01-03-2008, 12:53 PM
If the NFL ever puts an expansion franchise in hell then maybe

King_Chief_Fan
01-03-2008, 12:57 PM
Yes, he would get another job. No question.

Is McDonalds hiring?

King_Chief_Fan
01-03-2008, 12:58 PM
No but you are smart enough not to try.
ROFL

EM31
01-03-2008, 01:02 PM
Four playoffs in Seven years. Even with a bad year next year that still gives you four out of eight. I think supporters might claim that it is racist NOT to give him another chance.

Question. Is Denny Green done as an NFL head coach at this point? The answer to that question might give you your answer on Herm.

Harder'n flickin' snot of a finger nail I tell ya.

ChiefFan31
01-03-2008, 04:16 PM

Exactly, the guy is incompetent as an NFL HC.

I think he would not get another chance once he thoroughly ****s this one up here. If he took the high road and left us before his time, then yeah a few years down the road he will talk his way into one.

But after this, I think he is done as being a HC. I am sure he will latch on somewhere as a position coach or scouting dept, etc

shyguyms
01-03-2008, 04:23 PM
fot the pop warner league

cdcox
01-03-2008, 04:27 PM
What franchise other than the Jiefs would give him a chance?

el borracho
01-03-2008, 04:30 PM
I can't really imagine it but, then again, we spent a 4th round pick to get this retard so, who knows? :shrug:

Dave Lane
01-03-2008, 05:28 PM
That's sort of how I see it, Mr. Archie Bunker. Honestly, Herm has a lot riding on this deal, career-wise. Carl has said Herm gets whatever he wants, so no excuses there. If Herm can't get this thing turned around, I don't think his star will be catching the eye of too many GMs around the league. This means, of course, that Herm has to be successful to save his own reputation, viability, and ass. According to my titty graph, this increases our chances of going to the Super Bowl by at least 420%.

FAX

0 * 420 = 0

Dave

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Herm's next job will be as a stooge for the NFL league office.