PDA

View Full Version : Which ipod should I buy?

G-MONEY
01-03-2008, 01:36 PM
I'm looking to buy a new ipod but am not sure which model gives me the most bang for my buck. I don't really want to spend over $200 and really only care about music. Videos and movies are not really a big deal for me. Any suggestions?

Baconeater
01-03-2008, 01:45 PM
We (relunctantly) bought my son a "reconditioned" non-video Nano for X-mas for around $150. I believe the price for new was around $200. I'd recommend an extended warranty (something I don't usually believe in) and get a protective case for it.

With that said, just know the damn things can be a pain in the ass at times. We have a Shuffle that stopped working after only 4 mos of use. If it was me I'd look into something else.

Cochise
01-03-2008, 01:52 PM
If you aren't interested in video, I'm not sure why you'd buy an Apple.

A lot of other brands have players that store more for less money and have things like voice recorders or AM/FM radios.

patteeu
01-03-2008, 02:03 PM
I like having as much of my music collection loaded as possible so I'd be most interested in the 160 GB "classic ipod" (I've got a 30 GB video ipod right now). I don't use video much, but if you do, you need high capacity unless you want to load a movie each time you want to watch one.

The iTouch is cool because it enables you to connect to the internet via wifi (on your home wireless network, at a Starbucks, at the local library, etc.). It's also a better platform for watching video, IMO, but the capacity of the drive is limited.

If you don't want to spend that much or if you want something small that can easily be carried in a shirt pocket, go for the nano.

G-MONEY
01-03-2008, 02:07 PM
Is there a website that has reviews and prices for the different models of ipods? Also the reason I want an ipod is so I have something that is compatible with itunes since I have an iBook.

Cochise
01-03-2008, 02:10 PM
Is there a website that has reviews and prices for the different models of ipods? Also the reason I want an ipod is so I have something that is compatible with itunes since I have an iBook.

www.tigerdirect.com

Mr. Laz
01-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Ipods suck/Goatse

wendy666
01-04-2008, 01:00 AM
How about this Apple 8 GB iPod (http://www.dealstudio.com/searchdeals.php?deal_id=74604&ru=290)? I just got it at a deal price of $180. I like it very much. It plays up to 5 hours of video or up to 24 hours of audio on a single charge. All that staying power and a wafer-thin, 6.5-mm profile makes iPod nano one small big attraction. The improved video, smaller thinner body and updated firmware are also a great attraction.