PDA

View Full Version : Just getting ready to go caucus for Ron!

Flustrated
01-03-2008, 04:25 PM
I know a lot of people going. I think his base is much more motivated than some of the other candidates. Hope we shock Iowa!

This is the first time I have ever registered for a caucus; I usually just wait for the general because there's usually no difference in the outcome Democrat or Republican.

Go Ron GO!!!!

jAZ
01-03-2008, 04:30 PM
Do you havea 2nd choice vote? Or does the GOP not do that?

Cochise
01-03-2008, 04:34 PM

No, I think they just take a headcount.

Flustrated
01-03-2008, 04:40 PM

Actually my second choice is Obama

If Paul doesn't get the Republican nomination or run as an Independent I'm going to reregister as an Independent

Iowanian
01-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Republican Caucus works differently than Democrat.

The Dems do the stand by a sign, hear a speech and then they bust up the 'non-viable' groups.

The Republican side attend, maybe hear a speech from each canidate's rep(short) and then walk up and drop your vote in a box.

I'm still not 100%......I'm between Huckabee and Thompson right now.

Flustrated
01-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Republican Caucus works differently than Democrat.

The Dems do the stand by a sign, hear a speech and then they bust up the 'non-viable' groups.

The Republican side attend, maybe hear a speech from each canidate's rep(short) and then walk up and drop your vote in a box.

I'm still not 100%......I'm between Huckabee and Thompson right now.

Huckabee would be a disaster for our country. You know a canditate has problems when Tyson Foods (the nation's #1 illegal immigration employer) backs him.

Ultra Peanut
01-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Please just caucus for Obama. Paul is a conservative lunatic, and the fact that Obama is your second choice shows that it's more about voting for change than Paul's positions.

Vote for good, healthy change. Vote for change that's not spurred on by 9/11 truthers and American Union-fearing nutjobs. Vote for change that doesn't require caveats about the candidate's ability to get his really crazy stuff through congress.

Vote for change that's possible.

(Have fun.)

Nightfyre
01-03-2008, 04:54 PM
Please just caucus for Obama. Paul is a conservative lunatic, and the fact that Obama is your second choice shows that it's more about voting for change than Paul's positions.

Vote for good, healthy change. Vote for change that's not spurred on by 9/11 truthers and American Union-fearing nutjobs. Vote for change that's possible.

(Have fun.)
:rolleyes:

Taco John
01-03-2008, 04:54 PM
I know a lot of people going. I think his base is much more motivated than some of the other candidates. Hope we shock Iowa!

This is the first time I have ever registered for a caucus; I usually just wait for the general because there's usually no difference in the outcome Democrat or Republican.

Go Ron GO!!!!

Do it to it buddy!

:)

Ultra Peanut
01-03-2008, 04:55 PM
:rolleyes:God damnit. I had more faith in you.

Iowanian
01-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Huckabee would be a disaster for our country. You know a canditate has problems when Tyson Foods (the nation's #1 illegal immigration employer) backs him.

ronpaul thinks our govt is responsible for 9-11......I'm also not in favor of the Oppossum National Defense he espouses. I like some of ronpauls' ideas, but he's a lunatic.

Huckabee fixed Arkansas terrible road system and improved their schools.....not to mention executing 16 shitbags with the stroke of a pen.

wazu
01-03-2008, 05:07 PM
ronpaul thinks our govt is responsible for 9-11......

No he doesn't.

mlyonsd
01-03-2008, 05:10 PM
ronpaul thinks our govt is responsible for 9-11......I'm also not in favor of the Oppossum National Defense he espouses. I like some of ronpauls' ideas, but he's a lunatic.

Huckabee fixed Arkansas terrible road system and improved their schools.....not to mention executing 16 shitbags with the stroke of a pen.

Not to mention he plays a mean guitar. Well, not really but playing an instrument worked for Bill.

The fate of the country rests in your hands. Don't F it up. LOL.

It's fun watching you Iowegians get all responsible. Be professional, wear a tie.

Too bad for you the reps don't have the same system of mingling and voting more than once. I'd like to watch you work the crowd.

Cochise
01-03-2008, 05:21 PM

Vote for good, healthy change. Vote for change that's not spurred on by 9/11 truthers and American Union-fearing nutjobs. Vote for change that doesn't require caveats about the candidate's ability to get his really crazy stuff through congress.

(Have fun.)

I'm sure after he started this thread declaring his glee to go vote for his guy, one post of doorhanger stuff would change his mind...

Ultra Peanut
01-03-2008, 05:22 PM
I'm sure after he started this thread declaring his glee to go vote for his guy, one post of doorhanger stuff would change his mind...Hey, if someone's grip on reality is tenuous enough to vote for Paul...

Cochise
01-03-2008, 05:36 PM
Hey, if someone's grip on reality is tenuous enough to vote for Paul...

I guess he wouldn't be the only person to switch between the two in the twinkling of an eye...

clemensol
01-03-2008, 05:51 PM

This is a deciding factor for you??? You're going to vote for the guy because he executed people???

BucEyedPea
01-03-2008, 06:22 PM

(Have fun.)
Obama is not about change in our foreign policy. He's as internationalist and interventionist as the rest of them, unless of course you're into sloganeering and sound bites. Don't forget he supported liberal-hawk Leiberman with Pac money to help defeat Lamont, the anti-war Dem. Even one of his managers in Cali dumped him and moved over to Paul when he realized this.

BucEyedPea
01-03-2008, 06:23 PM
This is a deciding factor for you??? You're going to vote for the guy because he executed people???
You don't know Iowanian do you? This is someone who talks about cutting wrong-doers up with rusty knives or hanging them by rusty nut-hooks! :shake:

Otter
01-03-2008, 06:53 PM
http://thegrandview.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/ron_paulgif.jpg

Not too bad so far!

Taco John
01-03-2008, 06:55 PM
Polling at 11% right now, tied with McCain for 4th place.

Taco John
01-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Rudy is getting absolutely slaughtered...

Mr. Flopnuts
01-03-2008, 07:01 PM

(Have fun.)

LMAO

Iowanian
01-03-2008, 07:40 PM

No, dipshit. It is however one of the down the list issues that helps me whittle down my final choices.

chagrin
01-03-2008, 08:03 PM
Do it to it buddy!

:)

So uhh, how has it worked out for you two lovebirds? You think buceye is into her 2nd bottle right about now?

chagrin
01-03-2008, 08:04 PM

I just might have that higher on my list than most people do. Being tough on vile crime is extremely important, and underrated as well.

Bootlegged
01-03-2008, 08:06 PM

(Have fun.)

heheshe

Taco John
01-03-2008, 08:14 PM
So uhh, how has it worked out for you two lovebirds? You think buceye is into her 2nd bottle right about now?

We finished in the top 5 within 4 percent of third place. That's good enough to qualify for the Fox debate...

We march on...

clemensol
01-03-2008, 08:34 PM
No, dipshit. It is however one of the down the list issues that helps me whittle down my final choices.

Whatever works for you.

I've just never heard that one before. Maybe the death penalty as an issue, but I've never someone who thought the actual experience of signing off on an execution was important.

Iowanian
01-03-2008, 08:38 PM
I mentioned it because its been a topic of discussion here, and Mitt Romney has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars in iowa, trying to paint Huckabee as soft on crime.

Flustrated
01-03-2008, 08:57 PM
I'm back

The caucus was slated to start at 7pm, but so many people showed up it didn't start until 7:45. I stayed until the talley was counted and Paul finished tied with Mc Cain for 3rd in my precinct. I was suprised by the number of the aged 50++ people supporting Paul. Over all Romney won my district followed by Hickabum. And yes, Rudi got slaughtered with 3 votes and his speaker talked about 9-11.....
As long as Paul get enough votes to keep him going, I'm happy. He still needs time to spend all that money!

Iowanian
01-03-2008, 09:11 PM
If he'd just have bought a bigger BLIMP!!!

maybe for New Hampshire, ronpaul can hire a bi-wing plane and pull one of those extra large banners around the state...that'll do it!

Flustrated
01-03-2008, 09:15 PM
If he'd just have bought a bigger BLIMP!!!

maybe for New Hampshire, ronpaul can hire a bi-wing plane and pull one of those extra large banners around the state...that'll do it!

I was thinking more along the lines of pimping Jean Claud Van Damm or Steven Segal; it works for a shitty message, so imagine the response Paul's message would recieve.

Baby Lee
01-06-2008, 06:51 AM
Not to mention he plays a mean guitar. Well, not really but playing an instrument worked for Bill.
Bass

Ultra Peanut
01-06-2008, 06:53 AM
DAMN YOU CAPITOL OFFENSE

Here I am, trying to find your bassist's views repugnant, and you interrupt me with Fortunate Son! :cuss: