PDA

View Full Version : Ok folks - What can we really do? A discussion.

ptlyon
01-03-2008, 06:05 PM
Some may remember me, n00bs will not. But I ask all of you loyal Chiefs fans:

What the **** can we do?

Do about what? This shi++y perdicament we as fans and the Chiefs organization is in.

This is more than a rant. I am royally PISSED OFF about what is going on at One Arrowhead Drive. The worst season in 30 years and Clark does nothing?

WTF? I know Carl is embedded into the organization. Lamar allowed that. But Jesus Tap Dancing Christ he must be rolling over in his grave. I know they haven't done anything in almost 40 years. Hell, I was born 23 days after SB IV. (My brother still calls me the curse.)

But Carl is not my issue like it is for most of you. My beef is with Herm and why he has a job. That should be enough for me to hate Carl, but it does not. Clark is who I blame.

I really thought he would step in and be more of a hands on owner, but he obviously has not as he not addressed the fan base nor the NFL with his allowing Carl & The Herm to stay on.

So my question is: What do we do about it?

I plan on not attending another Chiefs game until Herm is gone. He is worthless as a HC. His record proves it.

What say you? What are your plans to show Clark that you are discontented? Not go to games? Not renew your season tickets? Not buy Chiefs apparel?

What?

We and only we can hit them right where it hurts, the pocket book. But, what are the other ideas to show Clark that this whole thing sucks baws?

Anyone know where his workplace is? Is anyone else willing to go in and buy a billboard outside his window and tell him the Chiefs organization SUCKS?

What other ideas can we come up with?

C'mon guys! Let's put our heads together. WE CAN BEAT THIS SHIT.

WHAT SAY YOU?

Sincerely,

ptlyon
PISSED OFF CHIEFS FAN

ptlyon
01-03-2008, 06:06 PM
P.S. Yeah for those that remember, I never did hit 10,000 posts. I lost my burst.

Fly O.T. McWall
01-03-2008, 06:07 PM
i would point out that his full name is Jesus H. Tap Dancin' Christ.

FAX
01-03-2008, 06:08 PM
I don't know about you, Mr. ptlyon, but I'm going to become a rap star, peep.

By the way, glad you're back.

FAX

Fly O.T. McWall
01-03-2008, 06:09 PM
i'm gonna be a solja. hadn't noticed you were gone.

:p

Deberg_1990
01-03-2008, 06:09 PM
I plan on not attending another Chiefs game until Herm is gone.

You just answered your own question.

kstater
01-03-2008, 06:10 PM
What can we do?

Find one crazed lunatic, pass him a picture of Carl, see what happens, then deny any involvement.

elvomito
01-03-2008, 06:13 PM
I don't know about you, Mr. ptlyon, but I'm going to become a rap star, peep.

By the way, glad you're back.

FAXdid you get your drum machine?

Luzap
01-03-2008, 06:14 PM
Go for it !!!

If you can just convince a few more Club Level season ticket holders to give up their season tickets, I'll be able to get mine :)

In the mean time, I'll keep buying the stuff, supporting the team through the rebuilding process, and enjoy the journey. Then, when the Chiefs start going to the playoffs again, I'll sell the tickets to the games I don't go to for double face value (and fund my entire Chiefs obsession).

Luz
maybe you could start a petition for fans to give up their season tickets???...

Coach
01-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Write a letter to Clark Hunt, expressing your displeasure.

FAX
01-03-2008, 06:24 PM
did you get your drum machine?

I did, Mr. elvomito. It wasn't a top-of-the-line one, but it will work for me because we can sweeten the tracks in the mix. It's a BOSS DR670. I'm very happy with it, so far.

FAX

Mecca
01-03-2008, 06:29 PM
There's not a lot you can do...Carl is almost like our teams defacto owner.

BigRedChief
01-03-2008, 06:30 PM
King Carl is not going anywhere. We can't do anything to force him out next year. Nada. We will have another year of King Carl. Done deal. Get over it.

I've been leader of the run King Carl out of town on a rail bandwagon since 2003. Too much anger, too much beating my head against a wall with no benefit. It's not all King Carl's fault but he's the core issue/problem with the Chiefs. Life's too short to spend my time being angry all the time at my team.

I can either give up and go root for the Pats or Bears.

Or disown the Chiefs until King Carl is gone.

Or just enjoy tailgating and going to games knowing that I was a fan of this team before King Carl and I'll be a fan long after he's gone.

Adept Havelock
01-03-2008, 06:33 PM
What can we do?

I decided a couple years ago that this franchise would get no money from me until Carl was gone.

So that, and drink more.

RustShack
01-03-2008, 06:34 PM
Burn that mother down!

elvomito
01-03-2008, 06:36 PM
we are at the bottom of a trough and have lots of money and good draft picks.
barring a colossal ****up, next year will be mucho better

ptlyon
01-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Burn that mother down!

I agree. We haven't won shit in that place. I say I get that tatoo I've been threatening to get (a Chiefs emblem) and Clark can sell this team and I can move on with my business.

Luzap
01-03-2008, 08:05 PM
we are at the bottom of a trough and have lots of money and good draft picks.
barring a colossal ****up, next year will be mucho better

yep.

Luz
at last, some common sense...

el borracho
01-03-2008, 08:12 PM
I would suggest that season ticket holders still attend the games but use that public forum to display their unhappiness. Paper bags over the head and/ or anti-Herm signs are two suggestions. Tailgaters, too, could make large displays that illustrate their displeasure with our coaching staff.

Iowanian
01-03-2008, 08:15 PM
P.S. Yeah for those that remember, I never did hit 10,000 posts. I lost my burst.

we have a guest in the house....

Bring out the Jerky and Applepie.

ptlyon
09-01-2008, 09:06 PM
Wow. Good memories, and nightmares... To come.

leviw
09-01-2008, 09:11 PM
How about this:

"Get over it." - Herm Edwards

boogblaster
09-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Well we're building a young team .. Then the old-school management needs to bow-out ......

Rain Man
09-01-2008, 10:57 PM
I made my own avatar to express my displeasure. A couple of them, in fact.

FAX
09-01-2008, 11:03 PM
Wow. Good memories, and nightmares... To come.

It was a fine thread you made that day, Mr. ptlyon. Darn fine.

But maybe it's all going to be okay, after all. Just like Herm said it would.

Some people think that we're going to be improved this year. Some people even did a break down by position and determined that, talent-wise, a few of this year's guys are better than last year's guys. Some people are predicting a winning season and some people are confident that we'll even make the playoffs. Of course, some people jumped off a bridge.

FAX