PDA

View Full Version : Rudy getting slaughtered

Taco John
01-03-2008, 08:05 PM
Wow! He's not even in contention!

chiefforlife
01-03-2008, 08:12 PM
He is the most crooked candidate out there. I think people finally realize it.

How's Obama doing?

recxjake
01-03-2008, 08:15 PM
He's beating Paul as of 40% reported

My precinct was

Rudy 13
Paul 11
Romney 8
McCain 3
Huckabee 3
Fred 1

alnorth
01-03-2008, 08:18 PM
To re-post from my brief caucus report elsewhere:

Rudy did HORRIBLE in my caucus. We had someone volunteer to get up in front of the crowd to give a 2-minute speech for every candidate except Guiliani, no one wanted to vouch for him. Out of over 200 votes cast, Rudy got maybe about 8 of them in the 3 precincts jammed into our room.

Taco John
01-03-2008, 08:19 PM
Wow. Out of nowhere Rudy jumped from 3% to 11%...

Ultra Peanut
01-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Oooops?

recxjake
01-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Rudy is only 1,000 votes from 3rd place... he didn't run a single tv ad, he hasnt been in the state nearly as much as the rest... if this holds I'm very happy.

chiefforlife
01-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Rudy is only 1,000 votes from 3rd place... he didn't run a single tv ad, he hasnt been in the state nearly as much as the rest... if this holds I'm very happy.

Fight the good fight recxjake!

GO OBAMA !!!!

Ugly Duck
01-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Wow! He's not even in contention!
This is horrible. Huckabee's strength is Guiliani's weakness. Now the dang evangelical RWNJs will be voting full force. Please.... please give us Rudy!

Mr. Flopnuts
01-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Back down to 4%.

Taco John
01-03-2008, 08:43 PM
Wow this is screwey... Rudy just got about 2500 votes subtracted from him, and they're in Paul's column...

alnorth
01-03-2008, 08:44 PM
This is horrible. Huckabee's strength is Guiliani's weakness. Now the dang evangelical RWNJs will be voting full force. Please.... please give us Rudy!

I believe Rudy is basically dead and I'm not worried about the Huckaboom. There's no way in hell Huckabee will win the big states, aside from maybe Texas.

Ron Paul doesnt have a chance either but for what its worth, this was still a very good day for him. I believe this is probably going to shape up as Romney vs McCain with Huckabee being an annoying clown sideshow.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-03-2008, 08:46 PM
4 f*cking percent? In the state that you so effectively canvassed, jake??

ROFL ROFL

He lost to Ron John Paul Anderson by a margin of over 2:1 LMAO

Taco John
01-04-2008, 12:14 AM
Ron Paul gets some revenge

An easily overlooked aspect of the Iowa caucuses -- Ron Paul not only besting Rudy Giuliani, but doing so by more than 2-to-1 -- sparked a trip down memory lane for us.

It was mid-May, and the former mayor of New York was riding high following one of the early debates among the Republican presidential candidates. The primo sound bite had been a snap to identify: Giuliani's outraged, impassioned reply to Paul's assertion that U.S. foreign policy, especially the periodic bombing of Iraq in the aftermath of 1991's Gulf War, was to blame for the Sept. 11 attacks.

Giuliani, not waiting to be called upon, seized the moment by terming Paul's comment "an extraordinary statement" and urging the Texas congressman to retract it (which Paul did not).

To give Paul his due, even in the immediate aftermath of 9/11 -- when the emotional response to the assault was at its rawest -- serious scholars had begun hashing over the role played by American policy in the Mideast, particularly long-standing support for Israel, in fueling Islamic extremism and hatred for the U.S. But in the format of a candidate debate -- where rhetorical zingers count far more than lengthy discourse -- Paul's remark amounted to a grooved fast ball down the middle, and the consensus at the time was that Giuliani parked it.

As MSNBC's online political note put it at the time, Giuliani may want to "hire out Paul for the campaign trail -- he could be the Washington Generals to Rudy's Globetrotters" (i.e., the patsy willing to get beaten in every game).

That was then, this is now. In Iowa, Paul, 10%; Giuliani, 4%.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/01/ron-paul-gets-s.html

Cochise
01-04-2008, 12:17 AM
Eh... you can't hang your hat on someone who basically gave Iowa the bird.

Rudy's been taking on water for a few weeks now, and will likely be comatose by the time he reaches the site of his last stand in Florida.

HolmeZz
01-04-2008, 12:19 AM
TJ has to take solace in something considering his candidate failed to meet his expectations. So he just lowered them.

Pitt Gorilla
01-04-2008, 12:25 AM
TJ has to take solace in something considering his candidate failed to meet his expectations. So he just lowered them.Paul did very well tonight.

HolmeZz
01-04-2008, 12:48 AM
Paul did very well tonight.

He did fine for a guy with no shot of winning the nomination. The problem is TJ expected to place 3rd. Because that didn't happen, he's changed the definition of what he sees as success. Don't sit there and brag about something when your own candidate failed to meet your expectations.

Cochise
01-04-2008, 12:54 AM
Beating Rudy is not a win. Not beating Rudy would have effectively ended the entire campaign. In my mind, the Paul campaign avoided a disaster but failed to show they could elevate him to the level of the rest.

I also read that being as how he finished fifth, he won't be in the ABC debate next go-round by rule, since it's top 4 in Iowa or some national polling number threshold. Compound it with if he gets left out of Fox, and he may not even have done well enough to stay on TV as primary season continues.

Taco John
01-04-2008, 01:34 AM
Where did I ever say that I expected to win 3rd place. That's what I had hoped we'd win, but I made no expectations that is where we'd finish.

I expected to be competitive for third. I hoped we'd win it. We didn't. It's not the end of the campaign.

We're actually in a much better position than the guy who finished second in this caucus. I'd put a six pack against anyone here that Paul's campaign for the Republican nomination outlasts Mitt's.

Taco John
01-04-2008, 01:52 AM
I also read that being as how he finished fifth, he won't be in the ABC debate next go-round by rule, since it's top 4 in Iowa or some national polling number threshold. Compound it with if he gets left out of Fox, and he may not even have done well enough to stay on TV as primary season continues.

I'm not worried about either debate. Excluding us at this point will only make us stronger in New Hampshire. There is even talk that the NH GOP might withdraw their support of the forum if Paul is excluded. Besides, by all accounts that I've read, ABC is including Paul as he meets their criteria.

Also, Ron Paul just got two Delegates. Rudy has none. Any forum that would allow Rudy in and exclude Paul is going to be seen as illegitimate.

RedDread
01-04-2008, 05:31 AM
ouch...

http://iowowned.ytmnd.com/

HolmeZz
01-04-2008, 07:40 AM
Where did I ever say that I expected to win 3rd place.

Probably in the post where you predicted he'd finish 3rd. But of course in the World of Ron Paul, what you predict and what you expect can be completely different!

BucEyedPea
01-04-2008, 08:21 AM
I'm glad Rudy may be sinking. Intemperate men should never lead a nation. But I will until the fat lady sings as well.

Adept Havelock
01-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Rudy's been taking on water for a few weeks now, and will likely be comatose by the time he reaches the site of his last stand in Florida.

I expect Rudy in Florida will receive the worst beating seen in that part of the world since Brigade 2506 went ashore at the Bay of Pigs.

noa
01-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Wow, he is a pathetic human being. This is his response to the results in Iowa:

"None of this worries me - Sept. 11, there were times I was worried," Giuliani said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2008/01/03/2008-01-03_giuliani_positive_despite_weak_campaign.html

Absolutely shameless

Ugly Duck
01-04-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by Giuliani
"None of this worries me - Sept. 11, there were times I was worried," Giuliani said.

"I'll be a president who understands that 9/11 is not a way to scare up votes but a challenge that should unite America and the world against the common threats of the 21st century." - Barack Obama Iowa acceptance speech