PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Kotter... Fred Thompson 3rd

jAZ
01-03-2008, 08:26 PM
I assume he won't help McCain win NH then.

SC returns to play. Will that be his final state though?

alnorth
01-03-2008, 08:29 PM
You may have spoken too soon. McCain just passed him. 3rd-4th is way too close to call in the GOP.

jAZ
01-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Ooops.

I just got in.

I thought it was set.

Taco John
01-03-2008, 08:36 PM
78 percent reporting...

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2008, 08:40 PM
78 percent reporting...

McCain could still beat him. Either way, it's essentially a third place "tie" like the second place tie on the Democratic side....

:shrug:

Fred will stay in, through NH and likely SC to see what happens to ROMNEY. Will HE survive???

If he doesn't, Romney's supporters have three choices: Huckabee, McCain, and Thompson.

I think Thompson could prevail there, which means his bid rolls on.... :)

alnorth
01-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Fred Thompson is almost irrelevant in this race. He has no charisma, no money, and virtually no one who believes he can win anything.

Jenson71
01-03-2008, 08:42 PM
He was going to drop out if he hadn't done this "well"

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2008, 08:45 PM
He was going to drop out if he hadn't done this "well"

3rd-4th place is "okay" for him here....because, really, he and McCain are waiting for Romney to drop out (he's unelectable in the general.) Once Romney drops out, McCain or Thompson will emerge as the real challenger.

If that happens BEFORE "Super Tuesday," Giuliai is dead in the water. If it doesn't it probably hands the nomination to Huckabee. JMHO

ChiefsCountry
01-03-2008, 08:57 PM
I think Thompson will be a fine VP candiate.

Cochise
01-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Pretty good showing for Fred, but I think he needed to put a couple of points between him and McCain to really gain some leverage.

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2008, 11:31 PM
I assume he won't help McCain win NH then.

SC returns to play. Will that be his final state though?

He'll need a second, or very close third place finish in S.C. to continue, IMHO.

patteeu
01-04-2008, 06:23 AM
He'll need a second, or very close third place finish in S.C. to continue, IMHO.

Do your plans for a Thompson nomination include winning any states at all?

Mr. Kotter
01-04-2008, 06:40 AM
Do your plans for a Thompson nomination include winning any states at all?

Once Romney and/or McCain drop out of the race, my guess is Thompson will get his opening...if he is to get one.

If and when he thinks his run has become futile, he will endorse McCain which will give McCain his chance to overtake Romney.

penchief
01-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Why congrats to Kotter? He didn't finish third in Iowa.

Honestly, though.....the fact that Thompson finished third shows how shallow republican party waters "currently" are. Even corporate America is fishing in democratic streams lately.

Now that Biden has dropped out I have to point toward Edwards. Thompson is a tool.

Mr. Kotter
01-05-2008, 07:48 AM
Why congrats to Kotter? He didn't finish third in Iowa.

Honestly, though.....the fact that Thompson finished third shows how shallow republican party waters "currently" are. Even corporate America is fishing in democratic streams lately.

Now that Biden has dropped out I have to point toward Edwards. Thompson is a tool.

Moobat, moonbat, moonbat...this is the Democratic Party base. Amazing to me. :shake:

banyon
01-05-2008, 08:05 AM
Moobat, moonbat, moonbat...this is the Democratic Party base. Amazing to me. :shake:

There's nothing "moonbatty" about pc's post. He's saying that "traditional" Republicans are having a hard time factoring into this race, which AFAICT, is pretty accurate.