PDA

View Full Version : The real winner in Iowa

Taco John
01-03-2008, 08:41 PM
Congratulations to.... .................................................................................................... ............

.................................................................................................... .........................

.................................................................................................... .............................

.................................................................................................... .........................

The Democrat Party.

What an impressive turnout. George Bush may have completely demolished the Republican party for the next 8 years. Maybe longer.

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2008, 08:52 PM
Turnout was impressive....boads well for them, IF the Republicans can't unite behind a candidate by March, or so...and if gas prices reach $4 per gallon.

Obama would be good. :thumb:

alnorth
01-03-2008, 08:54 PM

Ideologically, (ignoring Kucinich) Obama would be the absolute worst possible outcome of every high-profile candidate in both parties. Forget the glitz and glitter, forget that nice heart-warming thought of a young black man rising to power, etc and just look at their opinions and their VOTES. Obama is, far and away, not even remotely close, the most liberal candidate (ignoring Kucinich) in the race.

jAZ
01-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Ideologically, (ignoring Kucinich) Obama would be the absolute worst possible outcome of every high-profile candidate in both parties. Forget the glitz and glitter, forget that nice heart-warming thought of a young black man rising to power, etc and just look at their opinions and their VOTES. Obama is, far and away, not even remotely close, the most liberal candidate (ignoring Kucinich) in the race.
Hillary's healthcare plan is me progressive than Obama's. FYI.

Flustrated
01-03-2008, 09:04 PM
The republican turnout was strong as well. The high school auditorium I caucused at was standing room only and got started 45 mins late for people to get in.

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2008, 09:15 PM

I'm a guy who goes for RESULTS....

FDR said, in 1932...."I may be wrong, but by God we are gonna to try to do something...to try anything....to fix what's wrong."

I would have voted for him in '32, and for Reagan in '80 for the same reasons. Unless the Repubs right the ship by nominating McCain, or Thompson....I'm seriously considering change is better than more-of-the-same which is what Romney/Huckabee would give us.

Go Barak, for the Democratic nomination, anyway.

Pitt Gorilla
01-03-2008, 09:17 PM
TJ,
I actually got to talk to Ron Paul tonight for a couple of minutes. He was waiting to go on to talk to the folks in the auditorium and my wife and I had our two kids in the little back stage area to get them away from the throng of people. So, with very few folks around, Ron talked to us a bit. He seemed like a really good guy and my oldest really liked him.

The planning for our caucus was horrible. They held it at a middle school and we waited in a line of cars for an hour just to get to the school, which obviously didn't have enough parking. Some poor lady went into labor and nobody could get to her because of all the idiots that parked in the driveway of the school. Unreal.

jAZ
01-03-2008, 09:18 PM
The republican turnout was strong as well. The high school auditorium I caucused at was standing room only and got started 45 mins late for people to get in.
220,000 Dems
115,000 Reps

Not sure if that's high or not. But it's WAAAY behind the Dems. Iowa is a swing state, not a deeply blue state.

Flustrated
01-03-2008, 09:19 PM
TJ,
I actually got to talk to Ron Paul tonight for a couple of minutes. He was waiting to go on to talk to the folks in the auditorium and my wife and I had our two kids in the little back stage area to get them away from the throng of people. So, with very few folks around, Ron talked to us a bit. He seemed like a really good guy and my oldest really liked him.

The planning for our caucus was horrible. They held it at a middle school and we waited in a line of cars for an hour just to get to the school, which obviously didn't have enough parking. Some poor lady went into labor and nobody could get to her because of all the idiots that parked in the driveway of the school. Unreal.

Ron Paul coulda delivered the baby!!!!

Taco John
01-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Hillary's healthcare plan is me progressive than Obama's. FYI.

What does that mean in this context? "more progressive?"

Sully
01-03-2008, 09:20 PM
TJ,

Republicans hate pregnant ladies!!!!!

ROFL

Cochise
01-03-2008, 09:21 PM
Ron Paul coulda delivered the baby!!!!

Hah! No kidding! They should have run him out there to do it. That would have been a PR coup that you couldn't parallel even if you tried.

Pitt Gorilla
01-03-2008, 09:23 PM
Ron Paul coulda delivered the baby!!!!Unfortunately, I heard about this AFTER I talked with him. I had the same reaction, which I thought was kind of funny. However, I think the situation was fairly serious and my wife didn't share my chuckle.

Iowanian
01-03-2008, 09:30 PM
The real winners are those who were able to learn about these candidates, without having to suffer the year of tv ad blitz. Well....the State of Iowa wins too.

Isn't ronpaul an OB dr? He should have delivered that baby for his Iowa Finishing move and used it in the next blitz of ads.

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2008, 09:33 PM
TJ,

WTF? :spock:

Are we saying Dr. Paul was in the vicinity, and refused to offer assistance to the lady in distress? How disturbing. :shake:

Well, the good news is Paul, for Paulites, is Dr. Ron will probably STILL do okay in NH, which is more than I can say about my guy.... :banghead:

Cochise
01-03-2008, 09:35 PM
WTF? :spock:

Are we saying Dr. Paul was in the vicinity, and refused to offer assistance to the lady in distress? How disturbing.

Well, the good news is Paul, for Paulites, is Dr. Ron will probably STILL do okay in NH, which is more than I can say about my guy.... :banghead:

Thompson just needs to do as well as he can in NH and look forward to South Carolina.

Mr. Kotter
01-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Thompson just needs to do as well as he can in NH and look forward to South Carolina.

I agree S.C. is his next real "contest"....I'm just miffed he totally pissed NH folks off. Biggest mistake by Fred, so far. :banghead:

He has to finish top two in S.C. to be able to continue....or at least a close third. It could happen if Romney loses in NH..... :hmmm:

Ultra Peanut
01-03-2008, 10:17 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kwEd_tcKBfU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kwEd_tcKBfU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Jenson71
01-04-2008, 12:53 AM
TJ,

I probably ran into you three times.

patteeu
01-04-2008, 06:44 AM
Turnout was impressive....boads well for them, IF the Republicans can't unite behind a candidate by March, or so...and if gas prices reach $4 per gallon.

I see you've already begun weighing your bandwagon options. :thumb:

patteeu
01-04-2008, 06:49 AM

FDR said, in 1932...."I may be wrong, but by God we are gonna to try to do something...to try anything....to fix what's wrong."

I would have voted for him in '32, and for Reagan in '80 for the same reasons. Unless the Repubs right the ship by nominating McCain, or Thompson....I'm seriously considering change is better than more-of-the-same which is what Romney/Huckabee would give us.

Go Barak, for the Democratic nomination, anyway.

Mitt Romney has gotten results in everything he's ever been involved in, has he not? It's hard to think of any significant results that Obama or Fred Thompson have been the driving force behind.

Mr. Kotter
01-04-2008, 06:59 AM
Mitt Romney has gotten results in everything he's ever been involved in, has he not? It's hard to think of any significant results that Obama or Fred Thompson have been the driving force behind.

Obama and Thompson have been pretty successful in their lives and work, given their humble beginnings. Romney has had an impressive career, too....no doubt about it. All three could be attractive candidates IMO.

If Romney secures the nomination, and runs against Obama...I'll watch the general election very closely. Romney simply has a "smarmy" quality I've not been able to warm up too, yet. He reminds me too much of a used car salesman--yeah, I know that actually "helps," but not with me. Maybe I will warm up to him. You may not believe me, but his Mormonism is not an issue for me...personally. I do think a majority of Americans would find it hard to vote for someone who is Mormon--it's not polite or politically correct to say it, but I think it's true.

BucEyedPea
01-04-2008, 07:03 AM
Some poor lady went into labor and nobody could get to her because of all the idiots that parked in the driveway of the school. Unreal.
Well, the doctor was in! :p

Hoover
01-04-2008, 08:05 AM
Republican turnout set a record.

jAZ
01-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Republican turnout set a record.
What was the D/R turn out in 2000?

Cochise
01-04-2008, 10:18 AM
What was the D/R turn out in 2000?

I think they were saying on Fox last night that the number of first time caucusers overall was not much higher than it was in 2000, 46 to 54% or something. The panel was a little surprised about that. I'm not sure what it means really.

go bowe
01-04-2008, 02:13 PM

Go Barak, for the Democratic nomination, anyway.is it barak or barack?

if you're going to support him, you need to be able to spell his name right... :Poke: