PDA

View Full Version : Life Who else is loosing weight????

Pages : [1] 2 3

pr_capone
01-03-2008, 10:23 PM
http://tickers.tickerfactory.com/ezt/t/wTWx67G/weight.png

I am an ex-athlete / current fat ass.

After shredding my knee in the Army, I just never bothered to work out again. Well.... I'm getting older now and its gonna start getting harder to loose weight so now that my knee is mended (for the most part), it seems like now would be as good of a time as any to start loosing weight. no? :D

My goal is to get below my enlisting weight of 232.

Starting Weight: 320lb
Target Weight: 230lb

Cathy and I purchased a membership to a gym that reminds me of Average Joes from that movie Dodge Ball. $480 for the both of us... for the entire year and they are open 24/7.

We have been going every day since we purchased our gym membership and so far so good. Just have to keep motivated.

jagerdrinker
01-03-2008, 10:27 PM
Good luck, man. I never let myself see the north side of 280, but I was damn close. I'm sitting at 229 now, and my goal weight is 200. The bitch of it all is that I'm sitting at 13% body fat. I have no clue how I'm going to see 200, but that's what my doc says that I need to be at. Something tells me I'll never see it on my steady diet of Sam Adams Winter Lager and supplement shakes.

Simplex3
01-03-2008, 10:28 PM
I'm in the process. Again.

unothadeal
01-03-2008, 10:34 PM
Good luck, man. I never let myself see the north side of 280, but I was damn close. I'm sitting at 229 now, and my goal weight is 200. The bitch of it all is that I'm sitting at 13% body fat. I have no clue how I'm going to see 200, but that's what my doc says that I need to be at. Something tells me I'll never see it on my steady diet of Sam Adams Winter Lager and supplement shakes.
Get shorter.

Simply Red
01-03-2008, 10:40 PM
Dang. You only have 5 lbs. on me. In High-School you were a big-boy.

unlurking
01-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Fell off the non-smoking wagon. Got back on and fell off the diet wagon. I'll worry about "loosing" weight after I've got at least 6 months without a smoke (day 16 today).

Simply Red
01-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Fell off the non-smoking wagon. Got back on and fell off the diet wagon. I'll worry about "loosing" weight after I've got at least 6 months without a smoke (day 16 today).
Excellent!

Don't start smoking now. That'd just be dumb... But good job!

L.A. Chieffan
01-03-2008, 10:45 PM
I'll worry about loosing weight once I kick my meth habit

pr_capone
01-03-2008, 10:46 PM
I'll worry about loosing weight once I kick my meth habit

I would have thought that meth had its own weight loss effects.

hmmmm

unlurking
01-03-2008, 10:48 PM

hmmmm
The Tara Reid Diet?

unlurking
01-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Excellent!

Don't start smoking now. That'd just be dumb... But good job!
Thanks. Just not going to try both at the same time.

pr_capone
01-03-2008, 10:53 PM
The Tara Reid Diet?

Yup

The Tara Reid / Nichole Ritchie / Kate Moss / Amy Winehouse Diet

BWillie
01-03-2008, 11:00 PM

hmmmm

Just take adderall. It's like the Odouls of meth. You won't be hungry and you'll be up all night all the time.

wendy666
01-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Health diet and excises

Braincase
01-03-2008, 11:10 PM
296 yesterday morning. Goal weight <240.

Diagnosed Pre-Diabetic, working on diet, exercise.

Becoming an active participant in my kids lives, rather than a spectator.

Wish all of you the best of luck.

Mr. Plow
01-03-2008, 11:11 PM
With Mangino being on tv so much tonight......was that your inspiration?

RibKing67
01-03-2008, 11:18 PM
I am with you!! I am at 317 now looking for 230. I started back to the Y yesterday and have changed my diet. I have 2 co-workers that are on the plan as well. When we hit our target a weekend in Vegas is our reward.

cdcox
01-03-2008, 11:20 PM
I've been on a low fat diet since July, mostly to improve my blood chemistry. I lost around 5 lbs, but I'm not really overweight (6 ft, 174 lbs). I let the diet slip a notch or two over the holidays and will be getting back on it soon. Still have a few goodies in the house.

Joe Seahawk
01-03-2008, 11:36 PM
I need to drop abouit Fiddy.. I'm at 255 I'd like to be 205..

I don't want to quit drinking yet tho.. I have been walking every day and avoiding fast foods etc..

I really need to quit drinking beer.. :(

Mr. Flopnuts
01-03-2008, 11:53 PM
I've never tried in my life. Today I went to a nutritionist and I have a plan. My fridge has been cleared out and replaced and I'm going to give it my best effort. I'm probably the biggest guy on this board. My motto this year is "Get it down, or go in the ground." I'm sure it's an accurate statement as well. I've been huge my entire life. Wish me luck.

DanT
01-03-2008, 11:55 PM
I've lost about 90 pounds in the last 13 months, getting down to a relatively healthy body mass index of about 26 kg/m^2 from a very scary BMI that was over 37. I just turned 42, so don't be discouraged about being too old to lose weight. Just shoot for steady progress week to week. As long as your burning off more calories than you're taking in, you can lose a little bit every week and it will add up to a lot over the course of a year.

MadMax
01-03-2008, 11:58 PM
Pleas do not lose your weight where I can find it :(

unothadeal
01-03-2008, 11:58 PM
This thread is worthless without pics.

MadMax
01-04-2008, 12:00 AM

I agree, I just dropped 50 lbs :)

pr_capone
01-04-2008, 12:04 AM

Thanks for reminding me!

I am taking pics every 3 days after I weigh in and work out.

Same camera, position, and place.

When I reach my target weight, I am going to make a video or animated .gif.

:D

No pics till then tho.

RibKing67
01-04-2008, 12:04 AM

mine is right there......see right after I ate 39 ribs in 7 minutes.

pr_capone
01-04-2008, 12:12 AM
I am with you!! I am at 317 now looking for 230. I started back to the Y yesterday and have changed my diet. I have 2 co-workers that are on the plan as well. When we hit our target a weekend in Vegas is our reward.

How tall are you?

Mr. Flopnuts
01-04-2008, 12:13 AM

Did you get some skin disease Neil?

L.A. Chieffan
01-04-2008, 12:13 AM

Are you wearing a faqing Ryan Sims jersey??

Boyceofsummer
01-04-2008, 01:44 AM
Jogging & biking at least every other day. I still drink too much beer. Cut fat & calories and eat less in general.

I Jog 4 miles or ride 23 miles or a combination of both on a treadmill / stationary bike. Large meals require extra workouts.

Ari Chi3fs
01-04-2008, 01:57 AM
http://media.lawrence.com/img/photos/2008/01/03/ku_orange_bowl_15_t800.jpg

first orange of his life.

Ugly Duck
01-04-2008, 03:03 AM
Trying to get back to my college weight of 30 years ago & gettin so close:

http://tickers.tickerfactory.com/ezt/t/wP8EY1e/weight.png

jagerdrinker
01-04-2008, 07:02 AM
Dang. You only have 5 lbs. on me. In High-School you were a big-boy.

Yeah, during my stint in the Marine Corps, I went on a gym binge and blew up to about 230 (from 180 in high school.) After I got out, I let myself stop doing cardio, and I went up to almost 280 with about 22% body fat. I'm trimming everything back now...the frame can't take it anymore. I pulled out some old jeans the other day and they fell off of me. That's enough cause for celebration. Happy New Year, btw.

DaKCMan AP
01-04-2008, 07:06 AM
In mid-December I was sick for a couple weeks and all the meds suppressed my appetite, resulting in a loss of 6-7lbs. I've kept about 60% of that off.

Does that count? ;)

KC Kings
01-04-2008, 07:26 AM
[img]My goal is to get below my enlisting weight of 232.

If you are eating right and working out, those are the key factors. According to doctors, a man that is 6 feet tall should weigh 198. Since there is a good possibility that you are 100 pounds overweight, why not take a medical product that enhances all of your hard work of pushing away from the table and working out at the gym?

As a fellow fat guy, I think it is more important to be healthy than skinny so I eat lots of fruits and vegetables and a spinach salad everyday for lunch. I jog/walk 3 times a week and lift weights 2 times a week. I coach kids sports all year round, am pretty active, and living this lifestyle I can only maintain 250lbs at 25% bmi. If I eat poorly or skip a few work outs the weight will climb, and 3 months ago I was back up to 270. Went to the doctor, told him my predicament, and he gave me a prescription for Adipex, (same as phentermine).

Phentermine takes your healthy eating and makes you want to eat less. It takes your work outs and lets you do more, so you are burning more of those decreased calories. I have been on it for 3 months and went from 270 to 237. You have more energy because of the pills, but more importantly I am able to do more cardio now because the extra weight would cause a lot of ankle pain and swelling if I jogged more than 3 miles.

The best part was that I lost 15 pounds in the first month, which makes a big difference on the amount of cardio you can do.

Braincase
01-04-2008, 07:30 AM

292.8 this morning... I think I'm a little dehydrated after last night though.

ZepSinger
01-04-2008, 07:49 AM
I'm on the bandwagon. I'm 6'1" and about 190, and I want to take it down to 175 and toned- think David Lee Roth, circa 1982. I'm avoiding the junk and am back on the treadmill. When the weather gets warmer, I'll be back to doing some serious jogging around the Plaza again...

Z

pr_capone
01-04-2008, 07:50 AM
If you are eating right and working out, those are the key factors. According to doctors, a man that is 6 feet tall should weigh 198. Since there is a good possibility that you are 100 pounds overweight, why not take a medical product that enhances all of your hard work of pushing away from the table and working out at the gym?

As a fellow fat guy, I think it is more important to be healthy than skinny so I eat lots of fruits and vegetables and a spinach salad everyday for lunch. I jog/walk 3 times a week and lift weights 2 times a week. I coach kids sports all year round, am pretty active, and living this lifestyle I can only maintain 250lbs at 25% bmi. If I eat poorly or skip a few work outs the weight will climb, and 3 months ago I was back up to 270. Went to the doctor, told him my predicament, and he gave me a prescription for Adipex, (same as phentermine).

Phentermine takes your healthy eating and makes you want to eat less. It takes your work outs and lets you do more, so you are burning more of those decreased calories. I have been on it for 3 months and went from 270 to 237. You have more energy because of the pills, but more importantly I am able to do more cardio now because the extra weight would cause a lot of ankle pain and swelling if I jogged more than 3 miles.

The best part was that I lost 15 pounds in the first month, which makes a big difference on the amount of cardio you can do.

I'll hit drugs as a last resort to loosing weight. :D

So far I have cut out all fast food, working out for an hour every day, no more pepsi (that one hurt), and smaller portions.

Just a matter of time now tho. :D

HonestChieffan
01-04-2008, 08:06 AM
How many of you are doing it with an approach like Atkins? I do the roller coaster I hate to admit. been as low as 178 and as high as 236. Since 2001 Ive rocked it down under 190 4 different times.

Doing Atkins again now...it works...if it only changed my eating habits after I get to goal.

Braincase
01-04-2008, 08:11 AM
- think David Lee Roth, circa 1982.

Dude, please don't shove your ass into the camera at the next Planet get-together.

cadmonkey
01-04-2008, 08:15 AM
I want to lose 20 pounds by the summer and maintain being 25 lighter by the end of the year. That would get me down to 175. Thats a good weight for me.

KC Kings
01-04-2008, 08:16 AM

So far I have cut out all fast food, working out for an hour every day, no more pepsi (that one hurt), and smaller portions.

If I had an hour a day to work out, I wouldn't have gotten up to 270 in the first place. I work four 10 hour shifts so I get up at 5am, get home at 5pm, and have 3 kids under the age of 8. Mix that with Boy Scouts, dance, basketball, brownies, and all of the other kids activities I have a hard time find 10 unterupted minutes to take a post supper shat, let alone an hour to work out.

DaKCMan AP
01-04-2008, 08:17 AM
If I had an hour a day to work out, I wouldn't have gotten up to 270 in the first place. I work four 10 hour shifts so I get up at 5am, get home at 5pm, and have 3 kids under the age of 8. Mix that with Boy Scouts, dance, basketball, brownies, and all of the other kids activities I have a hard time find 10 unterupted minutes to take a post supper shat, let alone an hour to work out.

slacker :p

Pushead2
01-04-2008, 08:28 AM
I am getting ready for my spring football league and I want to get back at Linebacker, My goal is 225. I am 240 right now , I am in......

DanT
01-04-2008, 09:35 AM

Those are excellent steps. To avoid an overuse injury, you might want to take a day or two off every week from your regular workout and instead do something gentle, like walking, or at least something that focuses on a different set of muscles that your regular workout does. It's good to let the body have a chance to repair itself.

Dave Lane
01-04-2008, 09:41 AM
I've been on a low fat diet since July, mostly to improve my blood chemistry. I lost around 5 lbs, but I'm not really overweight (6 ft, 174 lbs). I let the diet slip a notch or two over the holidays and will be getting back on it soon. Still have a few goodies in the house.

6 foot 174 and you want to lose weight. Dude are you serious? You're a bean pole. I'm 5 10 182 and I would like to get to 174 but really its not needed. You don't need to lose just don't backslide.

Dave

wilas101
01-04-2008, 09:48 AM
I'm just waiting for our company to start the annual weight loss competition.

there is no motivation better than pissing off 80 women who can't understand that scarfing down four 100 calorie packs of ding dongs every break does not mean you're "cutting back".

well, the free vacation day helps too.

Last year I went from 218 down to 179. It was so much fun watching them seethe at every weigh in that I've gotten back up to the 215-220 range and will be shooting for 165. That ought to really send them into a frenzy.

tyton75
01-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Any excuse for me to brag a little:

16months ago... I was 350lbs... at 6' tall

today... 222 lbs.. still 6' tall :)

although I cheated and got a Lap Band.. but whogivesachit.. I've lost a person off my body!

Cochise
01-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Health diet and excises

I don't think taxation is the answer.

philfree
01-04-2008, 11:07 AM
I wish I had some scales. I've been working real steady and watching what I eat and consuming hardly any red meat. I also did a colon cleanse and flush. I'd like to see what I weigh at this point. At one point I was 235 now I think I might be under 200 and in good shape. I'm out to prove Peyton Manning wrong and have rock hard abs and be over the age of 23 and not a pro football player.

PhilFree:arrow:

Donger
01-04-2008, 11:10 AM
I don't think taxation is the answer.

ROFL

xbarretx
01-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Any excuse for me to brag a little:

16months ago... I was 350lbs... at 6' tall

today... 222 lbs.. still 6' tall :)

although I cheated and got a Lap Band.. but whogivesachit.. I've lost a person off my body!

i lost 120 lbs by doing the Forrest Gump diet...i just felt like running.

xbarretx
01-04-2008, 12:19 PM
I wish I had some scales. I've been working real steady and watching what I eat and consuming hardly any red meat. I also did a colon cleanse and flush. I'd like to see what I weigh at this point. At one point I was 235 now I think I might be under 200 and in good shape. I'm out to prove Peyton Manning wrong and have rock hard abs and be over the age of 23 and not a pro football player.

PhilFree:arrow:

and if not are you getting a non turbo charged mini van with a flaming decal # 18 on it?

StcChief
01-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Who else is loosing weight????

but it keeps finding me :D

pr_capone
01-04-2008, 04:27 PM

It took nearly 2 years for my knee to get to feeling where I could start working it out like I used to.

Just never really felt comfortable... prolly cuz I was scared that I would shred it again. Twice is not fun.... 3 would just plain suck.

I did not wait to start working out after the first one and that lead to the second blow out.

In the middle of 06 I started working out again but could never get into a routine. Now that I have the missus going with me every day, we motivate each other to get going to the gym so it is much easier now.

I figure that in a few more weeks it will become more of a habit that something we have to "get up" for.

penguinz
01-04-2008, 04:44 PM
It is good to see that people are concerned about weight. Five words of advice though... DO NOT WORRY ABOUT BMI!!! BMI is a joke. It does not take into account that muscle is considerably more dense than fat.

pr_capone
01-04-2008, 05:03 PM
I am tired of being this guy. lol

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Torqued713/image001-1.gif

penguinz
01-04-2008, 05:20 PM
I am tired of being this guy. lol

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Torqued713/image001-1.gif
ROFL

stonedstooge
01-04-2008, 05:36 PM
Got to have warmer weather so I can walk. Try to walk 4 mile in an hour and weight will usually stay off. I used to drink every weekend and quit that and weight still stayed on. Ive also got shorter since they took a chunk of vertebra out of my neck and the others above and below it are deteriorating. I Gained 20 pounds since split with wife in April, no money living on Dollar General food. I'm at 225 and need to get to 195-200. But momma always said I was big boned. I was a tennis player in high school and played at 195 when I was in my best shape. I have gone from 5'11 to 5'10.

DanT
01-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Got to have warmer weather so I can walk. Try to walk 4 mile in an hour and weight will usually stay off. I used to drink every weekend and quit that and weight still stayed on. Ive also got shorter since they took a chunk of vertebra out of my neck and the others above and below it are deteriorating. I Gained 20 pounds since split with wife in April, no money living on Dollar General food. I'm at 225 and need to get to 195-200. But momma always said I was big boned. I was a tennis player in high school and played at 195 when I was in my best shape. I have gone from 5'11 to 5'10.

It's true that it's harder to eat well when money is tight. There are some good cheap foods, though. Eggs and beans will fill you up with good quality protein at a fairly good price. I go through a lot of cans of beans!

EyePod
01-04-2008, 09:57 PM
I love this weight ticker, and I post enought on here that it will make me think about it at least. LOOSING WEIGHT ROOLZ. (I also just made it, so I haven't lost any weight yet.)

pr_capone
01-05-2008, 11:22 AM
I love this weight ticker, and I post enought on here that it will make me think about it at least. LOOSING WEIGHT ROOLZ. (I also just made it, so I haven't lost any weight yet.)

LOL

I like it because it makes me accountable to everyone who sees the ticker on here.

C'mon people! If jyou are loosing weight.... don't do it alone! :D

xbarretx
01-05-2008, 11:33 AM
LOL

I like it because it makes me accountable to everyone who sees the ticker on here.

yeah! this bandwagons a fun ride :)

Simplex3
01-05-2008, 11:37 AM
I'm down a little over 10 lbs since the day after Xmas.

Ugly Duck
01-05-2008, 11:49 AM
According to doctors, a man that is 6 feet tall should weigh 198.

Well hell! I guess I'm underweight! Screw this - I'm going out for a coupla burgers!

Hey wait a minute.... how come I still have a handfull falling out around the belt?

http://tickers.tickerfactory.com/ezt/t/wP8EY1e/weight.png

Skip Towne
01-05-2008, 12:53 PM
You guys are loosers.

El Jefe
01-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Im in also, I joined the last thread that Cro started. Im 6'5-6'6 and 285, lift weights a lot and play a lot of competitive basketball, I just eat way too much. My BMI is 24%, thats from Lifetime fitness test.

pr_capone
01-05-2008, 01:44 PM
You guys are loosers.

You are old, decrepit, and no one loves you.

Deal with it Skip.

Ari Chi3fs
01-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Im on board, and have been for a couple months.

so, its in my sig... Good work everyone.

Skip Towne
01-05-2008, 01:52 PM
You are old, decrepit, and no one loves you.

Deal with it Skip.
You're not too fat you'e just not tall enough. Work on getting 8 feet tall.

pr_capone
01-05-2008, 02:01 PM
You're not too fat you'e just not tall enough. Work on getting 8 feet tall.

I'm fat. There are no two ways about it. At least I am young enough that I can still take the weight off relatively easy as opposed to waiting until I am in my 30's, 40's or 50's.

I don't want to be sitting in my home one day all excited about collecting my SS check yet to big to do anything interesting with it other than buying different types of frozen pizza.

Skip Towne
01-05-2008, 02:08 PM
I weigh 170. I'm going to KFC to pig out. See ya.

pr_capone
01-05-2008, 02:11 PM

LOL

Have fun Skip. Choke on a chicken bone... will ya? :D

milkman
01-05-2008, 03:04 PM
I am down to about 135 pounds.

If you are gonna "loose" that weight, can you "loose" it in my direction?

Mr. Flopnuts
01-05-2008, 04:12 PM
LOL

I put mine up and took it down. I've been on my diet for 2 days, and won't be weighed for 2 weeks. After that, it goes back up, regardless of the results.

Cochise
01-05-2008, 04:14 PM

I wouldn't gain any weight from KFC because it'd be coming right back out in about 10 minutes :Lin:

melbar
01-05-2008, 06:33 PM
Going from 225 to 200 I hope...

keg in kc
01-05-2008, 06:35 PM
I'm going to lose 50 pounds this year.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-05-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm going to lose 50 pounds this year.

I'll see your 50 and raise you 50.

pr_capone
01-10-2008, 11:08 PM
w00t!

In the double digits now! :D

Mr. Flopnuts
01-10-2008, 11:14 PM
w00t!

In the double digits now! :D

I've been going for a week. My first weigh in isn't until next Thursday, hopefully the results will reflect the hard work and effort. I feel like a teenager again, it's great. I'll put my weight loss ticker back in my sig after my initial weigh in.

pr_capone
01-10-2008, 11:23 PM
I've been going for a week. My first weigh in isn't until next Thursday, hopefully the results will reflect the hard work and effort. I feel like a teenager again, it's great. I'll put my weight loss ticker back in my sig after my initial weigh in.

Congrats on all the hard work bud.... it will definitely pay off.

Man... seeing this progress bar is something else. Keeps me motivated to do what I am doing... plus I get to show off a bit. :D

Mr. Flopnuts
01-10-2008, 11:25 PM

Man... seeing this progress bar is something else. Keeps me motivated to do what I am doing... plus I get to show off a bit. :D

**** yeah, and you deserve it. I lived off of burgers, pizza, etc. for the last ten years. I've eaten almost exclusively fruits and vegetables for the last week and I am just floored at the energy levels already. The wife is too. :D

milkman
01-10-2008, 11:31 PM
**** yeah, and you deserve it. I lived off of burgers, pizza, etc. for the last ten years. I've eaten almost exclusively fruits and vegetables for the last week and I am just floored at the energy levels already. The wife is too. :D

I've lived off fast food, pizza, and other crap food all my life.

edit: Clearly you didn't inherit my matabolism.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-11-2008, 12:44 AM
I've lived off fast food, pizza, and other crap food all my life.

edit: Clearly you didn't inherit my matabolism.

Yeah, mom is a fat bitch.

MadMax
01-11-2008, 12:58 AM

OMG! eat a couple freakin oranges and yer hammerin the ol lady :) :) ROFL Heaven forbid I eat a grapefruit and molest the nice old lady across the street. Oh wait that wasn't me.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-11-2008, 12:59 AM
OMG! eat a couple freakin oranges and yer hammerin the ol lady :) :) ROFL Heaven forbid I eat a grapefruit and molest the nice old lady across the street. Oh wait that wasn't me.

You used to have a hot ass bitch livin across the street. She was ****ing smokin. What ever happened to that broad?

MadMax
01-11-2008, 01:04 AM
You used to have a hot ass bitch livin across the street. She was ****ing smokin. What ever happened to that broad?

Bodybag....Oops! Nah she moved to Texas after I rejected her :)

MadMax
01-11-2008, 01:10 AM
Seriously she locked herself out of her house one night and asked me if I could "boost" her through the window :) Of course being the "ahem" gentleman I am I obliged... It was like taking candy from a baby. Then she informed me that she had a vicious dog rip her lip off as a youngster and they replaced it with part of her vagina rofl!!!! soooo I couldn't lose.

smittysbar
01-11-2008, 01:12 AM
I am going to start Monday.

Have to get me one of those ticker things, pretty cool.

Anything a person can do to stay motivated. We used to do it at the bar for money each week and post the weekly weigh ins on the board. Hell even women were getting in on it. It helped so much because you knew that others would see your progress, and even brought out a little competitiveness in us.

ChiefaRoo
01-11-2008, 05:49 AM
Seriously she locked herself out of her house one night and asked me if I could "boost" her through the window :) Of course being the "ahem" gentleman I am I obliged... It was like taking candy from a baby. Then she informed me that she had a vicious dog rip her lip off as a youngster and they replaced it with part of her vagina rofl!!!! soooo I couldn't lose.

Dog....lip.....hotpocket......Heh.

KC Jones
01-11-2008, 07:03 AM
I'm in on the weight loss. 30 pounds over the next 15 weeks. Booya!

Mr. Flopnuts
01-14-2008, 06:06 PM

Had my first weigh in today. I've lost 11 lbs in 10 days. That should put some perspective on how fat I am, and how much I need to lose. Needless to say, an extremely happy day in the Flopnut' household. Oddly enough, my doctor took some blood tests before I started my diet and came back and said my cholesterol was perfectly normal. That was a shock for everyone considering I've been on a rotten, junk food diet for the better part of a decade. Gave me a clean bill of health, then said he hoped I'd continue the weight loss in spite of it. LMAO

KC Jones
01-16-2008, 01:26 PM
1 week into the program and I'm down 5.5 pounds.

:D

Braincase
01-16-2008, 02:31 PM
Started at 296, down to 286 since the 1st. Breakfast is two Dannon Light & Fit yogurts for breakfast. Salad for lunch. Meat for supper, and maybe a little low carb ice cream later, or just a splenda-sweetened fruit punch to sip on .

ILikeBigTiddys
01-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Do any of you guys use fitday.com. Its really helpful to see if you are effing up.

Nzoner
01-16-2008, 02:49 PM
I got carried away over the holidays and blew back up to 225,I've since went back to the low carb plan and am currently at 211.

stonedstooge
01-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Had a Dr. appt. yesterday and dropped 8 lbs since Christmas. Down to 217. 22 more to go. If it would only warm up so I could walk it would come off quicker, but I guess they say to take it off slowly and you have a better chance of keeping it off.

pr_capone
01-16-2008, 04:31 PM
Yeh.... I'm pretty stoked myself. 15 pounds in 18 days.

I am merely watching what I eat and hitting the gym for an hour a day. So far I have only missed 3 days since the 28th of Dec.

I still have a long ways to go though. 75 more pounds... and that is just to get me to 230.

Once I hit 230, then everything changes. I go from trying only to drop weight to doing some serious lifting to finish off the gut and add some muscle.

Good times. :D

KC Jones
01-19-2008, 11:11 AM
For breakfast today I had 2 cheese danishes, 1 glazed doughnut, and half an apple fritter. mmmmm.... I love free day :D

Tomorrow it's back on plan for another 6 days of working out and eating right.

jAZ
01-19-2008, 11:58 AM
Started on the 7th... 10 pounds in 12 days.

Starting: 230.5
Current: 220.5
Target: 185

Using South Beach... Phase 1 until tomorrow... might go a little longer on phase 1 to stay in sync with my wife.

rageeumr
01-19-2008, 12:13 PM
I started dieting and running last March. I went from 212 (I'm 6'-2") to a little over 180 in about 3 months. I was pretty happy with that for a few months, but then I began to slip back up toward 190.

So I decided I needed motivation and signed up for the St. Louis 1/2 marathon in April. I've been training for about 10 weeks, and I think I may run the full marathon instead of the half. I always hated running, but if you really work at it, it can be so enjoyable.

And in those last 10 weeks I have gone from the upper 180's to weighing 169.5 this morning.

KC Jones
01-19-2008, 12:41 PM
I started dieting and running last March. I went from 212 (I'm 6'-2") to a little over 180 in about 3 months. I was pretty happy with that for a few months, but then I began to slip back up toward 190.

So I decided I needed motivation and signed up for the St. Louis 1/2 marathon in April. I've been training for about 10 weeks, and I think I may run the full marathon instead of the half. I always hated running, but if you really work at it, it can be so enjoyable.

And in those last 10 weeks I have gone from the upper 180's to weighing 169.5 this morning.

That's awesome man, congrats.

I last weighed 210 back in high school - probably not since my junior year. I'm shooting for 250 - once I get there I'll re-adjust for what I think my optimal weight is.

StcChief
01-19-2008, 02:05 PM
start 215
now 200
goal 185

Mr. Flopnuts
01-24-2008, 07:34 PM
4 slices of pizza, and a cheesburger and a half is not a good way to lose weight. Throw in some nachos and it's a recipe for disaster. Needless to say, I didn't match my 11 lb loss from the first 10 days. Time to get back on the horse and improve on my measly 4 lb loss. One of these days it will be hard to lose 4 lbs in 10 days. Not now though, I'm way too fat to put up with that bullshit. Back to the mother****in rabbit food.

Silock
01-24-2008, 07:37 PM
I'm still trying to gain weight. So far I'm up to 188 from 162 in September. Haven't been able to lift in a couple of weeks because of a dislocated shoulder, so my weight is starting to go back down.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-24-2008, 07:50 PM
I'm still trying to gain weight. So far I'm up to 188 from 162 in September. Haven't been able to lift in a couple of weeks because of a dislocated shoulder, so my weight is starting to go back down.

4 slices of pizza, and a cheesburger and a half is not a good way to lose weight. Throw in some nachos and it's a recipe for disaster. Needless to say, I didn't match my 11 lb loss from the first 10 days. Time to get back on the horse and improve on my measly 4 lb loss. One of these days it will be hard to lose 4 lbs in 10 days. Not now though, I'm way too fat to put up with that bullshit. Back to the mother****in rabbit food.

Try that diet for a while. I think you can put some weight on. If not, well then **** you. ;)

KC Jones
01-24-2008, 08:02 PM
I was only down a half pound this week. Disappointing to say the least, but I can tell I'm still losing fat. I dropped another half inch off the waist so I'm guessing I just happened to gain as much muscle mass as I lost in fat.

Speaking of diets, part of what I like about the BFL meal plan is that I get one free day to pig out. It does wonders for my willpower to know that if I just make it to Saturday, I can have the bad stuff.

pr_capone
01-24-2008, 08:10 PM

Same here bud... I lost 1 pound in 6 days last week.

Needless to say, I was not happy. I have not missed a day of working out since and expect to be right around the 300 mark by my next weigh in.

Still.... when it is all said and done. 20 pounds lost in one month is nothing to sneeze at. :D

Simplex3
01-24-2008, 09:02 PM
I've been sick the past four days and put damn near three pounds back on.

:(

Silock
01-25-2008, 07:42 AM
Try that diet for a while. I think you can put some weight on. If not, well then **** you. ;)

Weight, not fat ;)

ILikeBigTiddys
01-28-2008, 12:27 PM
Check this guy out. He went from 630 to 229. Insane.

http://www.hemmy.net/2007/07/02/david-smith-amazing-weight-lost-story/

Mr. Flopnuts
01-31-2008, 04:48 PM

What a difference a week can make. I stopped walking around the neighborhood, and started walking on a treadmill at the local gym and the results are speaking for themselves. 7lbs in 7 days. Right back on track with my first 10 days and I couldn't be happier. Even with a week of bullshit I've lost 22lbs in 28 days. I've never experienced anything like this before, and I couldn't be happier. My life has changed for the better. Thanks for your support, you all know who you are.

Nzoner
01-31-2008, 05:27 PM
208 as of this morning and looking forward to Sunday,I'm gonna tear some stuff up,pizza,wings,sammiches,chocolate frenzy ice cream cake rum punch,beer PBJ

Mr. Flopnuts
01-31-2008, 06:17 PM
208 as of this morning and looking forward to Sunday,I'm gonna tear some stuff up,pizza,wings,sammiches,chocolate frenzy ice cream cake rum punch,beer PBJ

Good job. My nutritionist was so happy today she told me to enjoy myself on Sunday and eat whatever I wanted. I told her there was no way in hell I was gonna go buck wild, but had every intention of indulging in some foods I've larely been staying away from. She said to buy a vegetable tray and eat whatever I could hold after tanking up on the veggies. LMAO

KC Jones
01-31-2008, 06:41 PM
I lost another 4 pounds over the last week - that's a bit surprising since I had been sick and stopped working out or watching what I was eating.

CHIEF4EVER
01-31-2008, 06:58 PM
I have gone from 265 to 195 in the last 15 months. 10 lbs to go.......

JohninGpt
01-31-2008, 07:32 PM
235 down to 220 in 2 weeks 4 days. I got a good deal on NutriSystem (which as a food lover I am not enjoying by the way) from my wifes work (QVC, 30% employee discount). I only plan doing it for two months, but if this weight loss continues, that's all I'll need. Meanwhile, it's taking all of my will power, I've eaten hundreds of MRE's, and I have to say, the NutriSystem meals suck.

Time for my delicious, nutritious, semi-cardboard like chocolate desert.

pr_capone
02-14-2008, 07:05 PM
Update bitchez!

I am under 300 pounds for the first time in over a year. :D

296 to be exact.

Next weigh in is at the end of the month. Hope to crack 290 by then.

How else is everyone progressing?

ChiefaRoo
02-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Update bitchez!

I am under 300 pounds for the first time in over a year. :D

296 to be exact.

Next weigh in is at the end of the month. Hope to crack 290 by then.

How else is everyone progressing?

Congrats PR. I'll pick you up tomorrow. I'll buy you a couple pizzas and chocolate cakes and then we can finish the night off with a dozen beers or so. :)

pr_capone
02-14-2008, 07:20 PM
Congrats PR. I'll pick you up tomorrow. I'll buy you a couple pizzas and chocolate cakes and then we can finish the night off with a dozen beers or so. :)

ROFL

That is just wrong. lol

I get to eat pizza and drink beer... even chocolate cake. I just have to do so in moderation.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-14-2008, 07:39 PM
Okay. Went to the Dr. office today not expecting great results. I took Super Bowl weekend off and ate like shit for the weekend. Then last week I got sick and didn't work out for a week. I received a pleasant surprise though, I lost another 11lbs in the last two weeks. So far I've lost 33 lbs in 6 weeks. Yes, I am that fat. Again, never experienced anything like this, it's amazing, it's NOT the mirrors.

pr_capone
02-14-2008, 07:46 PM
You started after I did and have lost more weight!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

LMFAO

Grats!!!

I can now almost see my willie without having to lean over or suck my gut in.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-14-2008, 11:13 PM
You started after I did and have lost more weight!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

LMFAO

Grats!!!

I can now almost see my willie without having to lean over or suck my gut in.

Losing your dicky do huh? That's good. I've got a ways to go. I'm losing more after starting later because I was fatter to begin with. I wonder how Cro is doin. He had a let's lose weight thread too.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-24-2008, 06:00 PM
ROFL

That is just wrong. lol

I get to eat pizza and drink beer... even chocolate cake. I just have to do so in moderation.

When I read this, I thought bullshit. I'm too fat to do that. Well, this week I got lazy and undisciplined with my diet. Pizza, a couple of chocolates, (first time in 6 weeks) and some other bullshit. Thought there was no way I'd lose shit this week. Lost another 10 lbs in the last 10 days. It's GOTTA be all the working out. 41lbs in 7 weeks. ****ing insane.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-05-2008, 02:24 AM
Only 4lbs this time. I remembered how much I like to eat. Still plugging away. I'm starting to think I'm the only one left.

pr_capone
03-05-2008, 02:56 AM
Nah.... I'm still with ya. :D

Just did not do anywhere as good as I had hoped. I did not loose, but maintained at the very least.

*sigh*

Mr. Flopnuts
03-05-2008, 03:59 AM
5lbs felt like maintaining. I shouldn't complain though, I did it willingly, knowing the results. Vacation over, back to work. My workouts have gotten intense. I love going to the gym. That in itself means whatever happens from here, I win.

ROYC75
03-05-2008, 07:13 AM
Crap, I'm going much slower ....... 10 lbs in 60 days. My problem is I don't get the exercise . I can't with my back and my knees, wish I could thou. I'll just be content with the progress I have made and try to stay the course. Oh, I have another 80 lbs to go.........sometime next year for me .

morphius
03-05-2008, 08:25 AM
Crap, I'm going much slower ....... 10 lbs in 60 days. My problem is I don't get the exercise . I can't with my back and my knees, wish I could thou. I'll just be content with the progress I have made and try to stay the course. Oh, I have another 80 lbs to go.........sometime next year for me .
push ups and elliptical machine?

The Rick
03-05-2008, 09:38 AM
I decided to do something about my weight a week ago. I was 5'10" and 225 lbs. I've tried the Atkins thing and the South Beach Diet thing in the past and did OK on both initially, but failed to stick with it and the weight came back.

Last week I joined Weight Watchers online (they have a special "for men" program) based on a recommendation from a friend. I'm happy to say that when I weighed myself this morning, I was down 7 lbs.

So far, I'm experiencing similar results as before when I followed the Atkins and SBD plan. With each of those, I dropped ~15lbs. the first couple of weeks.

However, for me, following the Weight Watchers plan has been a breeze so far. Much easier and more fun than the other two diets.

I'm sure most of you know, but the WW flex plan is based on points. Each food has a points value. Stay under your allotted amount of points for the day and you're golden. Also, you get some weekly "bonus" points to use however and whenever you want throughout the week. In addition to that, you can "earn" extra points for activities like walking, running, basketball, etc.

What's really been appealing to me so far is that, unlike the other plans, nothing is necessarily off limits. If I want a burger or pizza, I eat a burger or some pizza. I've mostly been eating things like cereal, fruit, low-fat subs, soup, chicken, baked potato chips, turkey bacon, green beans, corn, etc. It's just that by using the system, I've learned how to balance the things I eat on a daily basis.

The nice thing about Weight Watchers is that the science behind it is what many call tried and true: when it comes down to it, it's all about the calories. The system just makes it easier to track yourself.

One last thing that I've learned: liquids can be a real point/calorie waste. Obviously, everyone knows about regular soda being bad for you. I've figured out that while apple juice and grape juice aren't necessarily bad for you, they can be a point/calorie waste. It's a heck of a lot better to have an actual apple or some grapes along with water or diet soda. You get more bang for the buck that way.

Anyway, if any of you haven't had luck with Atkins or SBD and are looking for something else to try, like I said, Weight Watchers had been good for me so far.

ROYC75
03-05-2008, 10:03 AM
push ups and elliptical machine?

Just starting to do some light stuff now..... My Tony Little gazelle is going to get a workout for my cardio..........:eek:

Ecto-I
03-05-2008, 12:25 PM
I suppose I could join the weight loss club. I'm dropping some weight, but I'm not "overweight"...just softer than I'd like to be :) I'm 6'2", 205 BUT I think I can be ripped at 190 or 195. Started January weighing about 215, so I'm making steady progress.

On another note, a few years ago, I weighed in at over 270 lbs, but after numerous half hearted attempts, I was finally able to drop the weight and keep it off! (http://dailyremedy.blogspot.com/2007/01/from-chubby-to-studdly.html)

Mr. Flopnuts
03-10-2008, 02:07 AM
Just starting to do some light stuff now..... My Tony Little gazelle is going to get a workout for my cardio..........:eek:

My mom uses that. It was hard convincing her that she HAD to put in 20 minutes at a MINIMUM on it. She did, and now she's going over half an hour a day. Ahh, the progression of fitness. Anywho, another week, another 4 lbs. I started at 20 minutes of huffing and puffing a day and now I put in over 20 miles a week on the treadmill. I'm still fat, but ****, I'm getting FIT. I have no idea what I've been thinking for the last 30 years.

Braincase
03-10-2008, 06:37 AM
Weighed in yesterday morning, hit 278. I think part of the secret for those of us with kids is gettig up an d playing with them. God exercise, and you get that "hey, look, Daddy wants to play" reaction from the kids which is pretty positive. Now that I've lost around 20 or so, I'm going to continue to increase my activity level, and with the weather improving, I'm confident I'll reach my goals by the end of the summer.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-17-2008, 12:11 AM
Got sick this week. Couldn't work out for half the week. Lost 3 lbs though. I never would've thought I'd lose 52lbs in less than 2 and a half months. Not complaining though.

pr_capone
03-17-2008, 12:12 AM
I can't get over this hump and its pissing me off. I've been working out nearly every day for a month now and I have only managed to maintain.

I think I am gonna have to change something.

*sigh*

Mr. Flopnuts
03-17-2008, 12:18 AM
I can't get over this hump and its pissing me off. I've been working out nearly every day for a month now and I have only managed to maintain.

*sigh*

I sent you a rep comment.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-23-2008, 11:38 PM
I lost 1 lb this week. That was pretty frustrating considering I put in 20 miles on the treadmill, and 2 hours on an elleptical machine, and ate very little bullshit this week. I'll have to tighten the clamps and see what happens next Sunday.

Braincase
03-24-2008, 06:34 AM
Been sitting on 278 for a couple of weeks now. Started lifting weights, and will start riding my bike, so I'm confident I'll get back on track.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-30-2008, 01:38 PM
I lost 1 lb this week. That was pretty frustrating considering I put in 20 miles on the treadmill, and 2 hours on an elleptical machine, and ate very little bullshit this week. I'll have to tighten the clamps and see what happens next Sunday.

Clamps were tightened and results show it. 5lbs this week. It's really rather simple. DON'T EAT!!!!! Not literally of course. I'm just talking about everything delicious.

Cntrygal
03-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Congratulations everyone!!!!! It sounds like you're all doing great!

I'll formally re-join the fitness quest as soon as I'm off these crutches. I'd like to drop 15 pounds and get toned up. Now that I'm starting to get off of the pain pills (and staying awake more) - I'm going to start using hand weights and the "band" for my arms. And do a few crunches (legs elevated of course - wouldn't want to cause swelling in my cast). I won't be hitting the gym again until I can drop the crutches - using them at all really sucks much less trying to manuever around people & exercise equipment.

As a sidenote..... your body does get used to the activity & calorie intake... so when you hit that plateau - try a different activity to keep the body guessing. ie. instead of the treadmill throw in a day or two of swimming or biking.

Fruit Ninja
03-30-2008, 05:18 PM

*sigh*

Depends what your doing. If your lifting weights fairly heavy. You may not notice any loss on the scale for a while. Since the fat your burning is being turned into muscle. I started lifting weights as well and my arms are getting freaking huge. I am lucky i can gain muscle mass fast and easy, you may be the same way.

Kerberos
03-30-2008, 09:14 PM
24lbs in 1 1/2 months

80 lbs to go.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-30-2008, 09:25 PM
24lbs in 1 1/2 months

80 lbs to go.

Congratulations dude!!! I don't know what you weigh, but that's pretty good weight loss for that time period.

Kerberos
03-31-2008, 09:28 AM
Congratulations dude!!! I don't know what you weigh, but that's pretty good weight loss for that time period.

When you start at 360 lbs the first 75 should come off fast!

I have been going to the YMCA M-W-F @ 5:30AM and working out for about 45 minutes and then I take the Mens fitness class that lasts 30 minutes and it's a ****ing asskicker.

I hope to get down to 250 to 260 and that is about as small as I can get with my frame. Last time I was at 255 I had less than 7% bodyfat a 36" waist and I was in the best shape of my life. Can't wait to get back there again.

Lots of hard work and eating right will get me most of the way there. I am going to try and go back to the MET-RX or EAS Myoplex sometime after I lose about 70 more lbs.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-13-2008, 07:02 PM
When you start at 360 lbs the first 75 should come off fast!

I have been going to the YMCA M-W-F @ 5:30AM and working out for about 45 minutes and then I take the Mens fitness class that lasts 30 minutes and it's a ****ing asskicker.

I hope to get down to 250 to 260 and that is about as small as I can get with my frame. Last time I was at 255 I had less than 7% bodyfat a 36" waist and I was in the best shape of my life. Can't wait to get back there again.

Lots of hard work and eating right will get me most of the way there. I am going to try and go back to the MET-RX or EAS Myoplex sometime after I lose about 70 more lbs.

I started at 430 lbs brother. Believe me, I know. Anyways, I didn't update last week, and I'm not sure why. Anyway, this week I only lost 3 lbs. I started weight lifting though, so weight loss is probably going to decrease a bit until my muscle gets built up some.

Ugly Duck
04-13-2008, 10:28 PM
Who else is loosing weight????.

Funny you should ask.... I was looking for this thread last night for a self-tooting of the horn.... I MADE IT!! I DID IT!! 40 fuggin pounds lost & I'm down to my college weight of 182. OK... maybe its redistributed itself a little bit since then... but I'm there!

It was the dang BMI calculator that set me off. Called me "obese" at 6'0" and 222 lbs. Determined to get down to where the stoopid thing would not even call me "overweight." Its silly, I know. But thats what did it...

Mr. Flopnuts
04-14-2008, 12:59 AM
Funny you should ask.... I was looking for this thread last night for a self-tooting of the horn.... I MADE IT!! I DID IT!! 40 fuggin pounds lost & I'm down to my college weight of 182. OK... maybe its redistributed itself a little bit since then... but I'm there!

It was the dang BMI calculator that set me off. Called me "obese" at 6'0" and 222 lbs. Determined to get down to where the stoopid thing would not even call me "overweight." Its silly, I know. But thats what did it...

Congratulations dude!!! I look forward to the day that I get to 225. Only 142 lbs to go!!! :Lin:

stlchiefs
04-14-2008, 01:43 AM
Congratulations dude!!! I look forward to the day that I get to 225. Only 142 lbs to go!!! :Lin:

It sounds like you have the determination to do it. Don't get discouraged and keep up the solid routine you are on. Congrats on the progress.:clap:

Mr. Flopnuts
04-14-2008, 02:04 AM
It sounds like you have the determination to do it. Don't get discouraged and keep up the solid routine you are on. Congrats on the progress.:clap:

I appreciate it dude. The routine is now my life and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-14-2008, 02:05 AM
Goatse, I know you look in here. Jump in dude. I have a feeling you're doing a pretty good job yourself. F*ck the haters.

The Rick
04-14-2008, 07:31 AM
I decided to do something about my weight a week ago. I was 5'10" and 225 lbs. I've tried the Atkins thing and the South Beach Diet thing in the past and did OK on both initially, but failed to stick with it and the weight came back.

Last week I joined Weight Watchers online (they have a special "for men" program) based on a recommendation from a friend. I'm happy to say that when I weighed myself this morning, I was down 7 lbs.

So far, I'm experiencing similar results as before when I followed the Atkins and SBD plan. With each of those, I dropped ~15lbs. the first couple of weeks.

However, for me, following the Weight Watchers plan has been a breeze so far. Much easier and more fun than the other two diets.

I'm sure most of you know, but the WW flex plan is based on points. Each food has a points value. Stay under your allotted amount of points for the day and you're golden. Also, you get some weekly "bonus" points to use however and whenever you want throughout the week. In addition to that, you can "earn" extra points for activities like walking, running, basketball, etc.

What's really been appealing to me so far is that, unlike the other plans, nothing is necessarily off limits. If I want a burger or pizza, I eat a burger or some pizza. I've mostly been eating things like cereal, fruit, low-fat subs, soup, chicken, baked potato chips, turkey bacon, green beans, corn, etc. It's just that by using the system, I've learned how to balance the things I eat on a daily basis.

The nice thing about Weight Watchers is that the science behind it is what many call tried and true: when it comes down to it, it's all about the calories. The system just makes it easier to track yourself.

One last thing that I've learned: liquids can be a real point/calorie waste. Obviously, everyone knows about regular soda being bad for you. I've figured out that while apple juice and grape juice aren't necessarily bad for you, they can be a point/calorie waste. It's a heck of a lot better to have an actual apple or some grapes along with water or diet soda. You get more bang for the buck that way.

Anyway, if any of you haven't had luck with Atkins or SBD and are looking for something else to try, like I said, Weight Watchers had been good for me so far.
Going good for me still too. I'm 6 and a half weeks in to my push to lose weight and am down about 20 pounds, which puts me at 205. At this point, just 30 pounds to go to get to my goal of 175! My goal is to do that by August!

The Rick
04-15-2008, 08:58 AM
OK, question for all of you fitness freaks and health nuts:

Ever heard of caloric cycling? Does it really work? I've been reading about it and it makes sense to me.

For the uninformed, caloric cycling, from what I understand so far, is the process of mixing up your caloric intake.

The theory behind this is that if you simply cut your calories, you'll lose weight for a while, but eventually, your naturally efficient body will adjust to the lower intake of calories by slowing metabolism and weight loss will slow as a result.

Caloric cycling fights this process by keeping your body guessing and "on its toes". You do this by mixing up your eating habits as opposed to getting into a pattern. The information I've read says that if you weigh yourself weekly, then choose one day a week or so, preferably right in the middle of your last weigh-in and your next weigh-in, and significantly raise your caloric intake for that day.

In other words, cheat. Eat pizza, burger and fries, etc. Your body says "what the heck is going on here" and bumps up your metabolism to accommodate. By keeping your body from falling into a pattern, you supposedly can lose weight faster.

Anyone else experience this or know anything about this?

Frosty
04-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Here ya go:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/flexibledieting.html

Calorie cycling doesn't "keep your body guessing". It resets the hormone levels, particularly the leptin levels, which fall during what it interprets as a famine stage.

Calorie cycling is pretty specific. It isn't just diet all week and pig out on the weekend. It's all laid out in Lyle's book.

Cntrygal
04-15-2008, 09:33 AM
After tomorrow, I'll be able to start getting back on track!

Bob Dole
04-15-2008, 10:09 AM
STOP INCITING THINNESS!!

Ugly Duck
04-15-2008, 10:41 AM
It's really rather simple. DON'T EAT!!!!!

Here's what I did..... started using my wife's dishes from Japan. They're just smaller. Smaller plates, smaller bowls.... one can only heap so much food on those little things.

Eventually that lesser amount of food becomes the norm..... & then when you go out to eat you are just astounded at the amount of food the waiter has just placed in front of you. My stomach just doesn't wanna stretch itself around a glop of food that big anymore. We always order one meal & split it.

cadmonkey
04-15-2008, 11:14 AM
Well I am half way through my month off from drinking and I have lost a little over 5 pounds. I was at 199.7 pounds on March 28th, I was down to 194.2 on saturday. I'm hoping to be down to around 185 by the end of May

Count Alex's Losses
04-15-2008, 11:18 AM
Goatse, I know you look in here. Jump in dude. I have a feeling you're doing a pretty good job yourself. F*ck the haters.

I haven't weighed myself. It's just a number. I care more about how I look. But god damn does my ass look a lot smaller these days.

I've had one soda over the last month. One! And I haven't touched fast food. Not that I ate it all that often before.

About to go pump some iron. :D

BIG_DADDY
04-15-2008, 02:07 PM
I haven't weighed myself. It's just a number. I care more about how I look. But god damn does my ass look a lot smaller these days.

I've had one soda over the last month. One! And I haven't touched fast food. Not that I ate it all that often before.

About to go pump some iron. :D

Interesting. :hmmm: Do you look at your ass in the mirror all the time or what?

Chiefmanwillcatch
04-15-2008, 04:00 PM
don't eat carbs.

Excercise bike 15 minutes a day.

BIG_DADDY
04-15-2008, 04:02 PM
don't eat carbs.

Excercise bike 15 minutes a day.

ROFL

Ecto-I
04-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Here ya go:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/flexibledieting.html

Calorie cycling doesn't "keep your body guessing". It resets the hormone levels, particularly the leptin levels, which fall during what it interprets as a famine stage.

Calorie cycling is pretty specific. It isn't just diet all week and pig out on the weekend. It's all laid out in Lyle's book.

As explained above, it does work...to an extent. The jist of it is that when you deprive your body of calories, your metabolic rate slows down to compensate. By having a day where you consume just above your caloric expenditure, your matabolism says "hey! I'm not starving afterall!" and remains at a higher rate.

The greater benefit of "cycling" is the psychological break you get from eating healthy most of the time. There's no way I good totally eliminate myriad of guilty pleasures that I love. This is the reason why so many people lose weight, then gain it all back when they go off the diet. They resume their old junk food eating ways!!! The key is to ration guilty pleasure consumption and be strict about limiting it to a certain day.

Also, there is a threshold to how much "good" you are doing on your "cheat day." I wouldn't go totally crazy and eat burgers, pizza, fries and ice cream all on the same day. At a certain point, eating can only rev your metabolism so much! I'd say "cheating" within reason is the healthies approach.

Ecto-I
04-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Here's a recent post I wrote (http://dailyremedy.blogspot.com/2008/04/shape-up.html) about my current fitness and weight loss efforts!

Count Alex's Losses
04-15-2008, 05:05 PM
Just had a nasty-ass protein shake. I do love hot chicks working out though. Especially when I can leer at their cute little butts as they prance on the treadmill.

BIG_DADDY
04-15-2008, 05:36 PM
Just had a nasty-ass protein shake. I do love hot chicks working out though. Especially when I can leer at their cute little butts as they prance on the treadmill.

When one of the boys pulls that out of his pants and shakes it that doesn't make it a protein shake dude especially when he makes you lick his ass first.

Mojo Rising
04-15-2008, 09:56 PM
When one of the boys pulls that out of his pants and shakes it that doesn't make it a protein shake dude especially when he makes you lick his ass first.

That is the funniest thing I have read on CP for years.

keg in kc
04-16-2008, 06:46 AM
Funny story.

I've been walking for about 5 and a half months. My work got a little crazy in late March; I had to pull a couple of over-nights, and my sleep got f*cked up like it sometimes does. I didn't get any exercise for about 10 days while I worked to get myself back to human normal. I started back up Monday, jogged (a mile, not talking a marathon here, I'm starting from scratch...) for the first time in about a month, walking about 4 miles in addition to that. Then yesterday I walked 6 miles, and hit maybe 75 practice shots with my 5 iron.

So I step on the scale this morning, thinking "oh shit, this is going to be bad". And I'm down 7 pounds from the last time I weighed, which just happened to be the day before the last time I'd walked previous to Monday.

So apparently I'm a mutant. I can walk 4 or 5 miles a day for 5 months and actually gain weight, then do nothing for 7-10 days and weigh in the lightest I've been all year.

ROFL

NewChief
04-16-2008, 06:58 AM
As I get older, I'm finding it harder to get to where I want to be. Every winter, I put on some weight. Every spring, I set about trying to get it off. Usually, I can just thrown an extra run day in or ramp up the intensity for a few weeks and easily drop down to my warm weather weight. Not so easy this year. I keep hovering around 200 lbs. Part of the problem is that I haven't really switched into full summer eating mode, where I eat tons of fresh greens and salads, cutting back on the heavier food that I thrive on in the winter. I also think my body doesn't transition as easily as it used to.

Anyway, I did my first RPM (spin) class yesterday. Ouch! I'm adding spinning on T/Th to my regular weights routine on MWF in order to try out something new. I'm dropping running altogether, as my knees are starting to dislike it. I'm trying to drop from 200 down to 185 or so.

NewChief
04-16-2008, 07:01 AM
Funny story.

I've been walking for about 5 and a half months. My work got a little crazy in late March; I had to pull a couple of over-nights, and my sleep got f*cked up like it sometimes does. I didn't get any exercise for about 10 days while I worked to get myself back to human normal. I started back up Monday, jogged (a mile, not talking a marathon here, I'm starting from scratch...) for the first time in about a month, walking about 4 miles in addition to that. Then yesterday I walked 6 miles, and hit maybe 75 practice shots with my 5 iron.

So I step on the scale this morning, thinking "oh shit, this is going to be bad". And I'm down 7 pounds from the last time I weighed, which just happened to be the day before the last time I'd walked previous to Monday.

So apparently I'm a mutant. I can walk 4 or 5 miles a day for 5 months and actually gain weight, then do nothing for 7-10 days and weigh in the lightest I've been all year.

ROFL

That happens to me as well. I think there's often a delay in weight gain and loss. I always notice the same thing happening during the holidays. I'll pig out and not work out for a week around Christmas or Thanksgiving. Get back in the gym on Monday, weigh, and think I dodged a bullet because I haven't gained any weight yet. A week later, though, those pounds finally hit me.

Doesn't make sense, but that's how it seems to work for me.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-17-2008, 12:44 AM
It's absolutely insane to me to see lbs falling off on the scale. As ridiculous as it is, that number did nothing but go up for the first 30 years of my life. 65lbs so far this year. ****ing insane!!! I won't even know myself when it's all said and done.

DanT
04-17-2008, 03:23 AM
I've lost about 90 pounds in the last 13 months, getting down to a relatively healthy body mass index of about 26 kg/m^2 from a very scary BMI that was over 37. I just turned 42, so don't be discouraged about being too old to lose weight. Just shoot for steady progress week to week. As long as your burning off more calories than you're taking in, you can lose a little bit every week and it will add up to a lot over the course of a year.

I've continued to be lucky with my slow and steady weight loss and have now lost 100 pounds since I started, back on Dec. 1, 2006. I don't think I'll be able to lose much more weight. Hopefully I'll avoid injuries that would keep me from jogging and I'll also stay fairly careful about what I'm eating.

DaneMcCloud
04-17-2008, 05:00 AM
I've continued to be lucky with my slow and steady weight loss and have now lost 100 pounds since I started, back on Dec. 1, 2006. I don't think I'll be able to lose much more weight. Hopefully I'll avoid injuries that would keep me from jogging and I'll also stay fairly careful about what I'm eating.

100 pounds? Congratulations!

DaneMcCloud
04-17-2008, 05:04 AM
It's absolutely insane to me to see lbs falling off on the scale. As ridiculous as it is, that number did nothing but go up for the first 30 years of my life. 65lbs so far this year. ****ing insane!!! I won't even know myself when it's all said and done.

As always, congrats and keep it up!

Don't forget to document your weight loss, not only through a journal but pictures as well. There's nothing like a kick in the ass that a picture can provide. It can be the best motivation ever.

Congrats again!

Count Alex's Losses
04-19-2008, 06:05 PM
OK, so I've tried three different ways of preparing my protein shake now...they all taste grainy as ****. Tried crushed ice, grainy. Tried grape juice, grainy. Put in a couple scoops of ice cream, grainy. The ice cream was the best, but not great. I used a blender. Any solutions?

Ecto-I
04-19-2008, 07:58 PM
OK, so I've tried three different ways of preparing my protein shake now...they all taste grainy as ****. Tried crushed ice, grainy. Tried grape juice, grainy. Put in a couple scoops of ice cream, grainy. The ice cream was the best, but not great. I used a blender. Any solutions?

I used to blend it up with milk, splenda, vanilla, and a banana which tasted pretty good, and was healthy. Now I just add water and DOWN IT...taste be damned.

Delano
04-19-2008, 08:00 PM
I used to blend it up with milk, splenda, vanilla, and a banana which tasted pretty good, and was healthy. Now I just add water and DOWN IT...taste be damned.

Exactly. It's a protein shake, not a vanilla frosty. SUFFER THROUGH THE PAIN GOAT!

Mr. Flopnuts
04-19-2008, 08:09 PM
I put it in my smoothies. 1 banana 1/2 cup fat free or soy milk 1 cup frozen fruit 1 cup fat free yogurt

It's delicious. I've not craved sweets 1 time while drinking this nectar of the Gods.

Kerberos
04-20-2008, 11:59 AM

Try MetRX or EAS Myoplex and mix frozen fruit with it. Strawberries or Blueberries are good.

MetRx is a good protien supplement and makes a tastey shake. Wish I could afford to go back on it again.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-20-2008, 04:48 PM
3 more lbs. I've upgraded from the treadmill at the gym. Now I just put in 5 miles a day on the elleptical. It's a lot harder. Reminds me of when I first started. That can't be a bad thing.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-20-2008, 04:48 PM
According to my ticker, I'm almost in field goal range.

Count Alex's Losses
04-20-2008, 05:34 PM
I went down to the local batting cages today and ripped a few balls. Haven't swung a bat in years.

I warmed up on the slow pitch and couldn't hit a thing, apart from one towering shot down the third base line. Then I moved to fast pitch - I've NEVER swung at a fastball - and slammed 5 out of 15 (ok, I fouled two off) back up the middle with a vengeance. WTF? MLB HERE I COME!

J Diddy
04-20-2008, 05:55 PM
According to my ticker, I'm almost in field goal range.

That just gave herm wood

I just hope medlock isn't your kicker

Delano
04-20-2008, 06:06 PM
I went down to the local batting cages today and ripped a few balls. Haven't swung a bat in years.

I warmed up on the slow pitch and couldn't hit a thing, apart from one towering shot down the third base line. Then I moved to fast pitch - I've NEVER swung at a fastball - and slammed 5 out of 15 (ok, I fouled two off) back up the middle with a vengeance. WTF? MLB HERE I COME!

Well done. Do you participate in these activities alone, or with friends?

Count Alex's Losses
04-20-2008, 06:08 PM
Well done. Do you participate in these activities alone, or with friends?

I went with Rafael Palmeiro.

Delano
04-20-2008, 06:08 PM

Did you take needles in the ass afterwards?

Count Alex's Losses
04-20-2008, 06:10 PM
Did you take needles in the ass afterwards?

I've been juicing for a month now. How else do you explain 5 for 15?

Delano
04-20-2008, 06:11 PM
I've been juicing for a month now. How else do you explain 5 for 15?

I figured it was juice or you've lost enough weight to shrink your man-boobs so they no longer interfere with a swing.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-20-2008, 07:29 PM

LMAO

Mr. Flopnuts
04-27-2008, 08:10 PM

I've never tried in my life. Today I went to a nutritionist and I have a plan. My fridge has been cleared out and replaced and I'm going to give it my best effort. I'm probably the biggest guy on this board. My motto this year is "Get it down, or go in the ground." I'm sure it's an accurate statement as well. I've been huge my entire life. Wish me luck.

http://tickers.tickerfactory.com/ezt/t/wTWx67G/weight.png

I am an ex-athlete / current fat ass.

After shredding my knee in the Army, I just never bothered to work out again. Well.... I'm getting older now and its gonna start getting harder to loose weight so now that my knee is mended (for the most part), it seems like now would be as good of a time as any to start loosing weight. no? :D

My goal is to get below my enlisting weight of 232.

Cathy and I purchased a membership to a gym that reminds me of Average Joes from that movie Dodge Ball. $480 for the both of us... for the entire year and they are open 24/7.

We have been going every day since we purchased our gym membership and so far so good. Just have to keep motivated.

Jogging & biking at least every other day. I still drink too much beer. Cut fat & calories and eat less in general.

I Jog 4 miles or ride 23 miles or a combination of both on a treadmill / stationary bike. Large meals require extra workouts.

I am getting ready for my spring football league and I want to get back at Linebacker, My goal is 225. I am 240 right now , I am in......

I am going to start Monday.

Have to get me one of those ticker things, pretty cool.

Anything a person can do to stay motivated. We used to do it at the bar for money each week and post the weekly weigh ins on the board. Hell even women were getting in on it. It helped so much because you knew that others would see your progress, and even brought out a little competitiveness in us.

I'm in on the weight loss. 30 pounds over the next 15 weeks. Booya!

Started on the 7th... 10 pounds in 12 days.

Starting: 230.5
Current: 220.5
Target: 185

Using South Beach... Phase 1 until tomorrow... might go a little longer on phase 1 to stay in sync with my wife.

start 215
now 200
goal 185

I have gone from 265 to 195 in the last 15 months. 10 lbs to go.......

24lbs in 1 1/2 months

80 lbs to go.

Well I am half way through my month off from drinking and I have lost a little over 5 pounds. I was at 199.7 pounds on March 28th, I was down to 194.2 on saturday. I'm hoping to be down to around 185 by the end of May

Here's a recent post I wrote (http://dailyremedy.blogspot.com/2008/04/shape-up.html) about my current fitness and weight loss efforts!

Take a good look at where you were, and where you are now!!! Congratulations you soon to be NOT fat ****ers.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-27-2008, 08:12 PM
2 lbs this week. Should've gained. We had like 4 birthdays this week (I know, hot July nights right?) Not much time at the gym, and an absolutely ridiculous amount of eating. It's okay. Back to business.

Count Alex's Losses
05-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Does anyone here run in the woods?

I have tons of woods around where I live. I'm getting in pretty decent cardiovascular shape now, so I thought it would be tons of fun, and a good workout, to wear long sleeves and pants and go traipsing around in the woods like Daniel-Day Lewis in Last of the Mohicans.

Should I look into special boots? Have I gone batshit insane?

keg in kc
05-03-2008, 06:01 PM
I used to do a lot of trail running when I did cross country in high school, about 80 years ago. We never wore anything other than running shoes. You just have to be really careful and pay attention to where you're putting your feet.

I'm in one of my busy periods at work (7 days a week, 10+ hours a day for the next 6 weeks or so), and normally I gain about 10 pounds when it gets like this because I eat out a lot when I get busy, and I stop exercising. I'm trying something new this time, though; I'm eating salads instead of burgers and fries. And I'm not missing exercise.

Sounds crazy, I know.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Insanity. That pretty much sums up the last couple of weeks for me. I've been eating whatever the **** I want, and haven't worked out for shit. Last week we had all the birfdays going on then this week I tweaked my back at the gym on Monday.

Today was the first day I'd went back. Good workout, came home and decided to weigh in a day early and find out what the damage was for this week. I ate pretty much whatever I wanted and didn't care about the consequences. Pretty much just on vacation and not too worried about it.

I got on the scale and discovered that somehow I'd lost 5lbs in the last 6 days. I couldn't believe it and weighed myself 3 times. Each time was the same result, right down to the decimal point. WTF? I don't know, but I'm not tempting fate. I had a good workout today, and am COMMITTED to eating properly for the next couple of weeks with no exceptions.

I've made numerous posts on here saying I was a 400lb man (Really closer to 450) and easily the biggest guy on the board. I'm happy to say now that I'm a 350lb man and probably not the biggest guy on the board. It's a good ****ing day in the Flopnuts household.

DaneMcCloud
05-03-2008, 08:44 PM
Insanity. That pretty much sums up the last couple of weeks for me. I've been eating whatever the **** I want, and haven't worked out for shit. Last week we had all the birfdays going on then this week I tweaked my back at the gym on Monday.

Today was the first day I'd went back. Good workout, came home and decided to weigh in a day early and find out what the damage was for this week. I ate pretty much whatever I wanted and didn't care about the consequences. Pretty much just on vacation and not too worried about it.

I got on the scale and discovered that somehow I'd lost 5lbs in the last 6 days. I couldn't believe it and weighed myself 3 times. Each time was the same result, right down to the decimal point. WTF? I don't know, but I'm not tempting fate. I had a good workout today, and am COMMITTED to eating properly for the next couple of weeks with no exceptions.

I've made numerous posts on here saying I was a 400lb man (Really closer to 450) and easily the biggest guy on the board. I'm happy to say now that I'm a 350lb man and probably not the biggest guy on the board. It's a good ****ing day in the Flopnuts household.

Excellent work!

Your metabolism it probably a little faster than before and since you've changed up your diet, it's probably just reacting to the different food.

Keep in mind though that you'll need to get back on your diet to continue to lose.

Keep burnin'!!

Count Alex's Losses
05-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Insanity. That pretty much sums up the last couple of weeks for me. I've been eating whatever the **** I want, and haven't worked out for shit.

And I feel guilty eating a 12oz sirloin. Time for a walk here in a few minutes.

Skip Towne
05-03-2008, 08:52 PM
Does anyone here run in the woods?

I have tons of woods around where I live. I'm getting in pretty decent cardiovascular shape now, so I thought it would be tons of fun, and a good workout, to wear long sleeves and pants and go traipsing around in the woods like Daniel-Day Lewis in Last of the Mohicans.

Should I look into special boots? Have I gone batshit insane?

Snakes

Count Alex's Losses
05-03-2008, 08:54 PM
Snakes

I was worried about woodland critters. Who knows, a croc could be waiting for me out there.

keg in kc
05-03-2008, 08:55 PM
And I feel guilty eating a 12oz sirloin.Oh, so that's what they call it these days.

NTTAWWT

Mr. Flopnuts
05-03-2008, 09:04 PM
And I feel guilty eating a 12oz sirloin. Time for a walk here in a few minutes.

That's my main problem. I haven't fully embraced this new lifestyle. Sure, I've forced myself to do it for the most part, but it's not something I love. The last 10 days is the first time diet wise that I have gone to this extent. I'm pretty solid now though, so I'm kind of fessing up too it. No one's perfect, most of us are trying though.

The gym was a downside. This is something that I have fully embraced and I'm left a little pissed off when I'm not able to go. It's somewhat of an addiction I'm thinking. Tweaking my back on Monday made me pretty grumpy this week and I'm sure it had something to do with my **** it attitude.

I'm happy though that I was given a Karmic pass, for lack of better terms. I've busted my ass and I have a long ways to go to get where I need to be. I'm gonna try to match the first four months weight loss in the next four. It's gonna get tougher and tougher as I get smaller and smaller. Time to sack up.

whoman69
05-03-2008, 10:38 PM
I haven't lost much weight yet, about 2 pounds, but I've lost an inch and a half off my waist. I don't think the scale is a good indicator. I feel better and can do things I couldn't do when I started my exercize program. Though I do have a weight loss goal, I think I'll let the tape measure do most of the indicating instead of the scale.

KcMizzou
05-03-2008, 10:53 PM
I was worried about woodland critters. Who knows, a croc could be waiting for me out there.If you do happen to accidentally step on a snake, you'll get that cardio up real fast...

djrcmay
05-03-2008, 11:35 PM
I'm still losing, 104 pounds since Aug. 5th. Will be 9 months this Monday.

Count Alex's Losses
05-03-2008, 11:39 PM
I haven't lost much weight yet, about 2 pounds, but I've lost an inch and a half off my waist. I don't think the scale is a good indicator. I feel better and can do things I couldn't do when I started my exercize program. Though I do have a weight loss goal, I think I'll let the tape measure do most of the indicating instead of the scale.

If you're doing weight training too, remember that muscle weighs more than fat.

The Rick
05-03-2008, 11:44 PM

I've been out of town since last weekend on business and have eaten crappy the whole week. Heading back on Monday and am afraid to step on the scale.

I'm committed to getting back on track when I get home no matter what. Even though I'm afraid that I've put on like 5 pounds this past week, a part of me wonders if I'll see the same thing...that I actually lost a little. It's happened to me in the past.

Dunit35
05-03-2008, 11:45 PM
I've lost 33 pounds in one year and 12 since I've stopped eating fast foods and drinking soda. 8 weeks without soda.

Count Alex's Losses
05-03-2008, 11:50 PM
8 weeks without soda.

2 ginger ales in 47 days for me.

I don't miss it as much as I thought I would.

KcMizzou
05-03-2008, 11:53 PM

I don't miss it as much as I thought I would.Do you drink iced tea?

I think I could give up soda, as long as I could still have tea.

Currently, I drink Diet Pepsi like it's going out of style.

Count Alex's Losses
05-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Do you drink iced tea?

Nope. Been drinking water and milk mostly....some juice, but not that crap they dump metric tons of sugar in. Some hot tea.

I bought some of that simply lemonade stuff. It's all natural, but still too sweet. I go about 3/4 water, 1/4 simply lemonade and that tastes great.

The fact I can water it down and still love it is good because it costs an arm and a leg.

Dunit35
05-04-2008, 12:22 AM

I don't miss it as much as I thought I would.

Yeah, I thought I'd go insane without it. I probably drank 6-7 cans a day, sometimes I'll get a craving for it...that's when I'll drink a lemonade at work.

Count Alex's Losses
05-04-2008, 12:25 AM
Yeah, I thought I'd go insane without it. I probably drank 6-7 cans a day, sometimes I'll get a craving for it...that's when I'll drink a lemonade at work.

I mostly want it when I eat pizza (which is not often) or a nice sandwich...nothing like a good sandwich and a pepsi.

But...eh...

Never drank 6 cans a day though.... :eek:

Dunit35
05-04-2008, 12:44 AM
I mostly want it when I eat pizza (which is not often) or a nice sandwich...nothing like a good sandwich and a pepsi.

But...eh...

Never drank 6 cans a day though.... :eek:

I work at a restuarant so getting soda is really easy. My boss/roomate hasn't had soda since December.

KcMizzou
05-04-2008, 12:46 AM
I work at a restuarant so getting soda is really easy. My boss/roomate hasn't had soda since December.Damn, dude. Talking about bein' in good with the boss.

Keep cranking the heat up to 90 'till he gives you a raise.

Dunit35
05-04-2008, 01:19 AM
Damn, dude. Talking about bein' in good with the boss.

People say you aren't supposed to be friends with your boss. My boss is probably one of the most popular people in this town...impossible not to like the guy.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-04-2008, 02:02 AM
Do you drink iced tea?

I think I could give up soda, as long as I could still have tea.

Currently, I drink Diet Pepsi like it's going out of style.

I drink around 3-4 diet sodas a day. My Dr. and nutritionist both said it's perfectly fine. I mean, it's not good for your teeth and shit like that, but for weight loss it's truly 0 calories. My nutritionists theory is that people associate soda with "fun" foods. Pizza, burgers, etc. So by drinking it they don't eat as well because of it. I drink plenty of water, but I don't mind a soda or 4 as long as there's no sugar in it.

Count Alex's Losses
05-04-2008, 02:03 AM
I'm going to do 200 crunches now and go to bed. LIVE IN FEAR OF BEING FATTER THAN GOCHIEFS!

Mr. Flopnuts
05-04-2008, 02:03 AM
Damn, dude. Talking about bein' in good with the boss.

LMAO Somehow I have a feeling you're personally experienced with these type o' shenanigans.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-04-2008, 02:05 AM
I'm going to do 200 crunches now and go to bed. LIVE IN FEAR OF BEING FATTER THAN GOCHIEFS!

LMAO Nice. It would've been better if you'd just said Goatse in this instance.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-11-2008, 03:17 AM
A pretty shitty week. Busted my ass and ate right and lost 2lbs for it. I go 10 days eating shit and not working out and lose 8lbs. Then this. Blech. I'm really starting to not give a shit what the scale says because I see and feel progress in every facet of my life. I'm only gonna weigh in once every two weeks from here on out.

P.S 75 lbs in 4 and a half months. I'm STILL north of 350. Epic lulz.

Count Alex's Losses
05-11-2008, 03:22 AM
Yeah, but you're 6-5

You got any before/after pics?

Mr. Flopnuts
05-11-2008, 03:24 AM
Yeah, but you're 6-5

No, I'm not photogenic. :D I read my post and it sounded like I was whining, and I was a little bit. Not as much as it sounded like though. I'm very comfortable with where I'm at, and where I'm going. I've figured out that the scale is the main aspect of the whole thing that pisses me off. I'm perfectly happy with everything else. I am gonna take a pic of myself, and I have my DL picture which definitely has me at my "peak" performance. :D

KcMizzou
05-11-2008, 03:24 AM
A pretty shitty week. Busted my ass and ate right and lost 2lbs for it. I go 10 days eating shit and not working out and lose 8lbs. Then this. Blech. I'm really starting to not give a shit what the scale says because I see and feel progress in every facet of my life. I'm only gonna weigh in once every two weeks from here on out.

P.S 75 lbs in 4 and a half months. I'm STILL north of 350. Epic lulz.A week doesn't mean much, man. The part in bold is what matters.

It's not a race... keep on keepin' on, and you'll get where you wanna be.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-11-2008, 03:26 AM
A week doesn't mean much, man. The part in bold is what matters.

It's not a race... keep on keepin' on, and you'll get where you wanna be.

Thanks bud. Patience is a virtue. I'll learn. :D

KcMizzou
05-11-2008, 03:29 AM
Thanks bud. Patience is a virtue. I'll learn. :DAt least you've got the motivation to start working on it... and you've made progress. (unlike me) That's worthy of respect.

I keep thinking I'll get around to it sooner or later.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-11-2008, 03:30 AM
Yeah, but you're 6-5

Holy shit dude. I just saw your profile. You are kicking ass and taking names dude. Seriously, way to go man.

Count Alex's Losses
05-11-2008, 03:32 AM
Holy shit dude. I just saw your profile. You are kicking ass and taking names dude. Seriously, way to go man.

That picture is two weeks old. I should take another one.

Can you tell a difference from this one? (2005)

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/8279/gcprofilehx7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Mr. Flopnuts
05-11-2008, 03:33 AM
At least you've got the motivation to start working on it... and you've made progress. (unlike me) That's worthy of respect.

I keep thinking I'll get around to it sooner or later.

Dude I literally had no choice. I was 430 lbs and 30 years old and felt like I was 60. I smoke, I was sedentary for over a decade and it was live or die.

I literally woke up one day out of the blue and thought about it and decided I wanted to live. Like, more than just breathe. I wanted to get out and ****ing live. I don't really know what happened. It was almost like I had been in a coma for 10 years and woke up. I've been fat my whole life I've NEVER known it any other way. Take it to the bank that I'm about to. Thanks again for the support dude, it really does help.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-11-2008, 03:35 AM
That picture is two weeks old. I should take another one.

Can you tell a difference from this one? (2005)

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/8279/gcprofilehx7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Yeah, you're missing half of that double chin. Your face is thinner. I'll seriously get some pics and forward them to you. I had a 36lb head and I'm confident it's down to like 31.

Count Alex's Losses
05-11-2008, 03:36 AM
Dude I literally had no choice. I was 430 lbs and 30 years old and felt like I was 60. I smoke, I was sedentary for over a decade and it was live or die.

I literally woke up one day out of the blue and thought about it and decided I wanted to live. Like, more than just breathe. I wanted to get out and ****ing live. I don't really know what happened. It was almost like I had been in a coma for 10 years and woke up. I've been fat my whole life I've NEVER known it any other way. Take it to the bank that I'm about to. Thanks again for the support dude, it really does help.

Dr. Phil is my inspiration.

http://www.thesunblog.com/frosting/dr_phil.jpg

"You're either gonna BE fat or BEAT the fat. What's it gonna be?"

Mr. Flopnuts
05-11-2008, 03:37 AM
Dr. Phil is my inspiration.

http://www.thesunblog.com/frosting/dr_phil.jpg

"You're either gonna BE fat or BEAT the fat. What's it gonna be?"

LMAO I hate that ****er.

Count Alex's Losses
05-11-2008, 03:38 AM
You can also see comparisons between that pic and some pics from about a year ago (fat me in burgundy shirt) on THIS (http://meetme.hotornot.com/?mp=1&state=vote&votee=4907373&vt=68&rand=779) site.

KcMizzou
05-11-2008, 03:41 AM
LMAO I hate that ****er.Heh, likewise.

My mom lost over 100 lbs at one point. (I don't have that much to lose, but still, plenty) Her advice to me was... eat less, move more.

Kinda sums it up, I think.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-11-2008, 03:44 AM
You can also see comparisons between that pic and some pics from about a year ago (fat me in burgundy shirt) on THIS (http://www.hotornot.com/p/?select_pic=839671&state=photos&rand=41) site.

I couldn't view it for some reason. It was asking me for a picture.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-11-2008, 03:47 AM
Heh, likewise.

My mom lost over 100 lbs at one point. (I don't have that much to lose, but still, plenty) Her advice to me was... eat less, move more.

Kinda sums it up, I think.

IMO if people ate the amount of fruits and vegetables they were supposed too, that alone would be a big help for most people.

I'm on a 1600-1800 calorie diet that I have a hard time getting through sometimes. I don't go hungry at all. I went to a nutritionist and she told me up front I wouldn't go hungry if I ate everything on the list.

It was an adjustment eating all of this green stuff, some of which I never heard of. I'll tell you what's really been an accomplishment for me. I've lost those 75lbs getting high almost every single day. I don't smoke a lot of pot, but I do smoke it 5-6 days a week. Not caving to the munchies should go down in folklore. :D

KcMizzou
05-11-2008, 03:51 AM
IMO if people ate the amount of fruits and vegetables they were supposed too, that alone would be a big help for most people.

I'm on a 1600-1800 calorie diet that I have a hard time getting through sometimes. I don't go hungry at all. I went to a nutritionist and she told me up front I wouldn't go hungry if I ate everything on the list.

It was an adjustment eating all of this green stuff, some of which I never heard of. I'll tell you what's really been an accomplishment for me. I've lost those 75lbs getting high almost every single day. I don't smoke a lot of pot, but I do smoke it 5-6 days a week. Not caving to the munchies should go down in folklore. :D That's a tall wall to climb. :D

Two puffs and I'm working on two frozen burritos, with a salsa and melted cheddar cheese topping. (and that's just an appetizer)

Count Alex's Losses
05-11-2008, 03:52 AM
I couldn't view it for some reason. It was asking me for a picture.

Oops. I mean this link:

http://meetme.hotornot.com/?mp=1&state=vote&votee=4907373&vt=68&rand=779

Count Alex's Losses
05-11-2008, 03:54 AM
Remember, chicks dig buff guys:

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/3026/meandcarriegk1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Mr. Flopnuts
05-11-2008, 03:56 AM
Oops. I mean this link:

http://meetme.hotornot.com/?mp=1&state=vote&votee=4907373&vt=68&rand=779

You've definitely lost some weight. LMAO Nice pose by the way.

Mr. Flopnuts
Remember, chicks dig buff guys:

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/3026/meandcarriegk1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

LMAO LMAO LMAO

KcMizzou
They seemingly also dig Spock-esque eye brows.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-11-2008, 03:57 AM
We should rename this to the "10pm fatass thread"

Mr. Flopnuts
05-11-2008, 03:58 AM

LMAO I saw this, http://www.onzuka.com/Photos/The%20Rock%20close%20up%20with%20people's%20eyebrow.jpg

Count Alex's Losses
05-11-2008, 03:59 AM

Time for another photoshop...

KcMizzou
05-11-2008, 04:00 AM
We should rename this to the "10pm fatass thread"Or the "4am fatass who should be asleep by now" thread.

On that note... I guess I'll lug my girth to the bunk.

Good night, fellas.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-11-2008, 04:01 AM
Or the "4am fatass who should be asleep by now" thread.

On that note... I guess I'll lug my girth to the bunk.

Good night, fellas.

Take it easy bruther.

Count Alex's Losses
05-11-2008, 04:08 AM
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/3894/spockme3fg4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

McDonalds...is not logical.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-11-2008, 04:12 AM
LMAO OMG

KcMizzou
05-11-2008, 04:13 AM
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/268/spockme2qp6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

LMAO

Perfect.

Now I'm gone. Night.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-11-2008, 04:17 AM
LMAO

Perfect.

Now I'm gone. Night.

Had to wait for it huh? Me too. I'm out as well.