PDA

View Full Version : Online Photo Albums: Flickr.. Others?

SLAG
01-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Just wondering what you guys think of Flickr or any other online photo albums

Any input is desired

thanks

NewChief
01-04-2008, 04:58 AM
I use the picasa site along with the picasa (http://picasa.google.com/) application. It really makes things very, very simple.

SLAG
01-04-2008, 11:43 AM
I had forgot about Picasa, I get a Free Flickr Pro Account just for having DSL so i did upload all the pictures

its pretty straight forward i like how Flickr gives the EXIF Data of the camera as well

mikeyis4dcats.
01-04-2008, 11:52 AM
I use Picasa Web Albums in conjunction with Picasa

NewChief
01-04-2008, 11:57 AM
I had forgot about Picasa, I get a Free Flickr Pro Account just for having DSL so i did upload all the pictures

its pretty straight forward i like how Flickr gives the EXIF Data of the camera as well

I've used flickr and snapfish in the past. They're both fine and pretty much the same as far as I can tell. Picasa is just nice because it has an application that runs locally on your machine much like iPhoto or any other photo management tool. Then when you want to upload something to the picasa site, you just highlight all the pics you want to publish and click a button. It does the rest automatically. Just really, really painless. Emailing is equally easy, as you can connect the picasa application to your gmail account, and you can send out emails to people with basically a single click as well. It also synchs up easily with a number of printing companies (I use wal-greens) allowing you to upload to their sites very easily.

I'm pretty sure it also does the exif data. One scary (to me as a father at least) thing about it is if you put the location of the pics in a data field, it allows people to hyperlink to google maps on how to get to that location. Cool for vacation or tourist type pics, but not so cool for my family photo albums.