PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed

Mr. Plow
01-04-2008, 12:28 AM
Anyone played it? Thoughts?

Assassin's Creed (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/a/assassinscreed/)

Kraus
01-04-2008, 12:32 AM
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=173384&highlight=assassins+creed

HC_Chief
01-04-2008, 12:38 AM
Yes. It's old hat. There are some great aspects, but overalll the game is a disappointmnent. The end is complete shit!

QuikSsurfer
01-04-2008, 12:47 AM
rent it

Silock
01-04-2008, 12:56 AM
Just bought it today.

Bump
01-04-2008, 02:33 AM
I don't like it. It's repetitive as hell!

1. Talk to the old guy
2. Practice new move
3. Ride your horse to city (as slow as you can I might add so guards don't want to kill you for going slightly too fast)
4. Go up a few viewpoints
5. Save a citizen, evesdrop, pickpocket, interrogate.
6. Assaninate target
7. Go back and talk to old guy

RINSE & REPEAT for the entire game. Graphics don't make a game for me, this game is crap if you ask me. But I hate any games that is very repetitive.

Der Flöprer
01-04-2008, 02:42 AM
I love it. I own it. I've finished the game. It's the first game I've finished in a long time.

QuikSsurfer
01-04-2008, 08:59 AM

1. Talk to the old guy
2. Practice new move
3. Ride your horse to city (as slow as you can I might add so guards don't want to kill you for going slightly too fast)
6. Assaninate target

RINSE & REPEAT for the entire game. Graphics don't make a game for me, this game is crap if you ask me. But I hate any games that is very repetitive.

SPOILER!!!!!!!!

ChiefsFan4Life
01-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Pretty disappointed game

Seems awesome at first until you realize you are just doing the same thing over and over

mcan
01-04-2008, 10:44 AM
The strengths of the game don't overcome the it's weaknesses. I'll tell you what though. It's hard to pick up other games and NOT have that amount of freedom. Clearly that's the best aspect of AC. But man, what a crap ending. Made even more disapointing when you consider how many times you were bored playing the game, but kept on because you wanted to get to the ending you were imagining.

GoTrav
01-06-2008, 10:59 AM

1. Talk to the old guy
2. Practice new move
6. Assaninate target

agree. I finally beat it Friday and it does get repetitively annoying. Especially if you do all the side missions.

JBucc
01-06-2008, 11:06 AM
If you want to make it a little more fun, go to the HUD options and turn everything off. It's makes the world more immersive, plus with synchronization off, you can kill as many citizens as you want. Beggar girls and Leper dudes are fair game!

You won't be able to use your GPS to just go point to point, and will actually have to find things by investigating the environment. It's kind of hard at first but it adds a little more enjoyment to the game. It's still repetitive though since the actual acts don't change. So if you really hated it, it probably won't matter.

Mr. Plow
01-06-2008, 11:45 AM
I'm glad my wife didn't get it for me for Xmas. Based on the reviews here, I'll rent it first.

Frazod
01-06-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm still not very good with the damned hand-held controller (I sure wish there was a way to control these games with a mouse/keyboard). I keep accidentally jumping off the damned towers when I get to the top. Very annoying. :grr:

Fruit Ninja
01-06-2008, 01:18 PM
AC is a true next gen game. Its far from a great game, but you can see what future games will be like. Awesome Graphics, Huge World and imo a pretty damned good story line (cant wait for AC2). The next installment as there are 3 should be alot better as they know what they can and cant do for future games.

Besides having a fine ass producer making video games is always a plus. I love Jade Raymond.

Kraus
01-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Jade Raymond is hot!

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20060328/jade_raymond.gif

Fruit Ninja
01-06-2008, 02:18 PM
Jade Raymond is hot!

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20060328/jade_raymond.gif
Yes, Yes, she is.

http://hrudu.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/jadeb.jpg

KC Jones
01-06-2008, 03:17 PM
AC is a true next gen game.

Sorry - but now that wii, PS3, and xbox 360 have been out for over a year this is the current gen. Next Gen would be PS4, Xbox 666, or the gamecube+++ with even cooler controllers.

Fruit Ninja
01-06-2008, 05:02 PM
Sorry - but now that wii, PS3, and xbox 360 have been out for over a year this is the current gen. Next Gen would be PS4, Xbox 666, or the gamecube+++ with even cooler controllers.
YOu know what i meant. Hell, the PS2 still sells more then the PS3, so i can say next gen. Its still not more popular then its previous release.

Frazod
01-07-2008, 12:17 AM
I'm really getting into this now. Fun game. It does have a repetitive nature, but that doesn't bother me if I like it.

Der Flöprer
01-07-2008, 12:34 AM
I'm really getting into this now. Fun game. It does have a repetitive nature, but that doesn't bother me if I like it.

That was my feeling on it. If it's fun, who gives a fugg if it's repetitive? It is different than anything you've played before, no?

Fruit Ninja
01-07-2008, 01:02 AM
Getting the 25 gaurd achievement was fun as hell. Took me a while to get it. WHen i got done though. I think i ended up with about 45 or so guards. They just kept adding. lol

Der Flöprer
01-07-2008, 01:04 AM
Getting the 25 gaurd achievement was fun as hell. Took me a while to get it. WHen i got done though. I think i ended up with about 45 or so guards. They just kept adding. lol

? What's that?

bdeg
01-07-2008, 01:14 AM
Ya I'm really enjoying the game. Although I do feel they could have done a lot more with it. Imagine if it was more open-ended instead of so linear. Be an assassin in Jerusalem accepting whatever hit you want to carry out. Getting money and buying new weapons and tools.

I'm having a lot of fun, but its still a little disappointing.

Der Flöprer
01-07-2008, 01:17 AM
Ya I'm really enjoying the game. Although I do feel they could have done a lot more with it. Imagine if it was more open-ended instead of so linear. Be an assassin in Jerusalem accepting whatever hit you want to carry out. Getting money and buying new weapons and tools.

I'm having a lot of fun, but its still a little disappointing.

That would be perfection. More indoor game play, I wouldn't leave my house for a month.

BigChiefFan
01-08-2008, 08:18 AM
I'm still not very good with the damned hand-held controller (I sure wish there was a way to control these games with a mouse/keyboard). I keep accidentally jumping off the damned towers when I get to the top. Very annoying. :grr:
The PS3 is compatiable with a mouse and keyboard-problem solved.

icepick64
01-10-2008, 12:02 PM
This is going to be on sale at target this weekend for $38.

bdeg
01-10-2008, 12:36 PM
This is going to be on sale at target this weekend for $38.
It was available at that price at Wal-Mart and Best Buy a week ago. Best Buy also dropped the price on The Orange Box.

ChiefsFan4Life
01-10-2008, 12:47 PM

Umm, only certain games are supported. I'm not aware of any besides Unreal that are

HC_Chief
01-10-2008, 04:46 PM

So is the Xbox 360. The problem isn't the hardware, it's the game developers. The vast majority of games do not support the M&K combination for their platform releases because they consider it an "unfair advantage".

Silock
01-10-2008, 05:46 PM
Fun game, but as others said, repetitive. That's okay, though. Just play it in moderation and pick it up every once in a while.

GoTrav
01-10-2008, 08:14 PM
So is the Xbox 360. The problem isn't the hardware, it's the game developers. The vast majority of games do not support the M&K combination for their platform releases because they consider it an "unfair advantage".

It is. The only people who don't agree are the console n3rds who have never played a FPS on a PC. Not saying that a consoler couldn't be a good FPS'er, but I think the gap would widen towards those who used a mouse and keyboard. IMO, a mouse and keyboard are meant for desks and an office chair, I'd hate to be forced into using some type of TV tray because FPS console games supported the mouse and keyboard combination. Given the same game supporting both setups, I know my chances would be better with a mouse and keyboard as opposed to using a controller. I play console games to lounge on the couch, not to sit upright in a chair.

Frazod
01-14-2008, 12:38 AM
The more I play this game the more I like it. Sure it's repetitive, but it's cool and fun. I love killing the guards (they cost 50 pounds each! :D ) and punching the beggars in the face when they won't leave me alone.

If only I could do that in real life. :evil:

Fruit Ninja
01-14-2008, 01:08 AM
The more I play this game the more I like it. Sure it's repetitive, but it's cool and fun. I love killing the guards (they cost 50 pounds each! :D ) and punching the beggars in the face when they won't leave me alone.

If only I could do that in real life. :evil:If you really want a challenge though. Try stealth assasinating all the main targets. I think i only got 2 of them. Next go around i wanna try to kill them all stealth style.

Silock
01-14-2008, 04:30 AM
That's exactly how I started doing it. I don't really know how to do it other than to slide up behind them while blending in and hitting X.

icepick64
01-14-2008, 08:05 AM
I just picked up the game yesterday, and I would say its pretty badass. The whole feel of the world is awesome.

Frazod
01-20-2008, 04:16 AM
SPOILER ALERT

Well, I just finished it. Strange, disappointing and confusing ending. I guess they're setting up a sequel, but I was really hoping I'd be able to whack the prick doctor and run off with the blonde. Oh well. Maybe in AC2.

But was it still a great game. Took me a couple of weeks to get through it, and I don't think I'd have a problem playing it again. In fact, there are times it could be.... therapeutic. :)

Jenson71
01-20-2008, 12:23 PM
It has good resale value. After I beat it, I sold it to Gamestop for $30 (in-store credit) or $24 cash.

Fruit Ninja
01-20-2008, 02:47 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=175552

Everyone has to read this site about AC to get what everything actually means at the end. They broke it down for you. Awesome shit.

Frazod
01-20-2008, 03:13 PM

Everyone has to read this site about AC to get what everything actually means at the end. They broke it down for you. Awesome shit.

Makes more sense now. I didn't realize they would be more. I was expecting a wrap-up ending.

Guru
08-22-2008, 05:03 PM
Is this game worth $20? I have seen several for and several against online.

QuikSsurfer
08-22-2008, 05:07 PM
It's definitely worth $20.

My only problem with the game was it being soooo repetitive. But it's really nice to look at :)

Woodrow Call
08-22-2008, 05:10 PM
Is this game worth $20? I have seen several for and several against online.

Absolutely IMO. One of my favorite next-gen games.

Is it repetitive? Yes

Is it extremely fun and worth $20? Yes, without a doubt

Fruit Ninja
08-22-2008, 05:16 PM

Is it repetitive? Yes

Yep, this is what next gen gaming should be like. It is repetitive, but i expect a way way better AC 2. The world they put you in is so beautiful to look at. Its absolutely worth 20 bucks.

Third Eye
08-22-2008, 05:30 PM

Is it repetitive? Yes

agreed

Guru
08-22-2008, 08:23 PM
ps3 or 360

I assume it is just a port to ps3 though.

QuikSsurfer
08-22-2008, 08:43 PM
ps3 or 360

I assume it is just a port to ps3 though.

Where are you finding it for $20?

Guru
08-22-2008, 08:59 PM
Where are you finding it for $20?
actually, it is not as cheap on the ps3. I'll go with 360.

Oh, Gamefly.

Jewish Rabbi
08-22-2008, 09:28 PM

Damn...Read this article, then started doing research on things such as the Philadelphia Experiment and Crystal Skulls. This is some interesting shit, I've been reading for two hours now.