PDA

View Full Version : Free XBLA game for your troubles

01-04-2008, 12:48 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/04/microsoft-offering-free-xbla-game-due-to-live-issues/

Microsoft wants to say "sowwy" for the intermittent Xbox Live issues plaguing the service over the holiday, and they'd like to apologize with a free Xbox Live Arcade game. Major Nelson posts a letter from Marc Whitten, general manager of Xbox Live, which has a lot of customer service filler in it until the line about a free XBLA game for "all our Xbox Live members around the world" -- India is going to be psyched!

The letter says specific details are forthcoming, so now we're left wondering if there'll be a couple options or if it's just gonna be free Frogger for everyone. If that's the case, then someone is gettin' thrown under a car! Get it? Sigh.

http://rebootshow.com/39/microsoft-gives-free-game-for-xbox-live-problems

Dear Xbox LIVE Members:

During this past holiday season you helped us break a number of Xbox LIVE records. This included our largest sign-up of new members to Xbox LIVE in our 5 year history and just yesterday you broke the record for the single biggest day of concurrent members ever on the service.

As a result of this massive increase in usage we know that some of you experienced intermittent Xbox LIVE issues over the holiday break. While the service was not completely offline at any given time, we are disappointed in our performance. I would like to take this moment to thank you each and every one of you for your patience and understanding as our team has worked around the clock to return the service to a stable state.

At the same time we would like to offer a token of our appreciation to all of you in celebration of record success for the service. And as a thank you for your loyalty during this holiday period, we will be offering all of our Xbox LIVE members around the world access to a full Xbox LIVE Arcade game that will be available to download free of charge. In the coming weeks we will be sharing the specific details of this offer with you.

Thank you again for helping make Xbox LIVE everything that it is today!

Sincerely,

Marc Whitten
General Manager, Xbox LIVE
Gamertag: Notwen

01-04-2008, 12:49 AM
I certainly have not received said letter and I am a GOLD member.

What say any of you?

QuikSsurfer
01-04-2008, 12:53 AM
nope.. lets hope it's another free board game (carcassone)
:shake:

01-04-2008, 12:58 AM
It better not be a game I already own. They have already given me 3 games. 2 for signing up and then the Carcassone one.

Watch it be UNO. Something everyone has.

Bump
01-04-2008, 02:27 AM
It better not be a game I already own. They have already given me 3 games. 2 for signing up and then the Carcassone one.

Watch it be UNO. Something everyone has.

I don't have UNO!

Fishpicker
01-04-2008, 02:59 AM
I'm still having trouble playing online unless it's after 2 a.m. I wish they would just fix this. they can offer me platitudes later.

the free arcade game offering is pretty lame. Pro-rate my ****ing service.

01-04-2008, 03:02 AM
I'm still having trouble playing online unless it's after 2 a.m. I wish they would just fix this. they can offer me platitudes later.

the free arcade game offering is pretty lame. Pro-rate my ****ing service.
Yeah, I would rather see a free month or just straight MS points. 400 or 800.

Adept Havelock
01-04-2008, 10:50 AM
nope.. lets hope it's another free board game (carcassone)
:shake:

I wouldn't mind. I've always thought Axis and Allies/Conquest of the Empire/Fortress America/Shogun would make good Xbox Live games.