PDA

View Full Version : LASIK Today - Wish Me Luck!

The Rick
01-04-2008, 09:14 AM
Going under the <strike>knife</strike> laser later today to get my vision corrected. I'm a little nervous, but I know of or have heard from many who have successfully had it done (including many here at the Planet). I'm certainly looking forward to not having to rely on glasses any more.

So, wish me luck.

I won't be checking this thread again until after the surgert 'cause I don't want to read any horror stories. I'll check it again after the surgery. Either it will be successful, or it won't. I guess if it's not, then I won't be able to see any of the horror stories anyway! :p

Buehler445
01-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Hey man, I'm sure they will do a good job. Enjoy your life without glasses!!

DMAC
01-04-2008, 09:16 AM
http://www.cheztiar.com/pics/homereyes.jpg

Fish
01-04-2008, 09:19 AM
Freakin laser beams!!!!

Pushead2
01-04-2008, 09:19 AM
http://www.cheztiar.com/pics/homereyes.jpg

ROFL

Sure-Oz
01-04-2008, 09:21 AM
You'll be fine, it'll take like 20 min if that, you'll be alright by tomorrow, and have flashes here and there where your eyes adjust for 2 weeks ro so

Mr. Laz
01-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Good Luck!!

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/5272/logovn9.jpg

Rooster
01-04-2008, 10:42 AM
Good luck with your "Laser".[Dr Evil Voice]

El Jefe
01-04-2008, 10:46 AM
Good luck with your surgery and speedy recovery, my mom had it done and she was happy with her decision.

Shag
01-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Good luck!

I had one eye (flex spending) done on 12/21/07, and have been very satisfied with the results so far. It's been two weeks today, and my vision is quite good. Distance vision is excellent (better than my other eye with the contact in). Near vision hasn't quite gotten back to normal yet (this is expected), but is continually improving. Measured 20/15 at my one-day and one-week appointments, but that may drift back towards 20/20 as the eye continues to heal.

Still have some halos/starbursting (had some before surgery, too), but it has lessened over the 2 weeks, and is fairly minor at this point. Dryness is almost completely gone at this point, but was pretty bad the first week. Use a lot of the artificial tears - not only do they help with the dryness, but they help the healing process as well.

Sorry for all the unsolicited info - just thought it might be helpful to hear experiences from someone else who just had it done... :)

wutamess
01-04-2008, 12:02 PM
What's something like this run?
Thinking of getting my parents this procedure done for their 50th & 60th Bdays.

laser1972
01-04-2008, 02:13 PM
I had it twice, my right eye needed more correction, thats fun, opening up the flap with a needle!!>.

First time wasnt bad, it burnings for about 2 hours and very sensitive to light .. 2nd time for much worse..

Now, i am fine about a year out, vision is good, night vision is ok, i dont really close but far away isnt all that.. I have the lifetime plan so any adjustments are covered... Sure you will be fine

StcChief
01-04-2008, 02:16 PM
friend had it done last winter... everything is fine.

The Rick
01-04-2008, 06:09 PM
What's something like this run?
Thinking of getting my parents this procedure done for their 50th & 60th Bdays.
I went with an expensive place...one where I knew someone who had it done there. It was ~$4000 for both eyes. I was happy to hear that NASA uses the exact same equipment this place did.

The Rick
01-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Well, I'm back and awake. It really wasn't that bad. There wasn't any pain when having it done, just a little discomfort. I went with the kind where they use a laser to create the "flap" and a different laser to do the correction. I can't recall exactly, but I think took about 15 seconds per eye for each laser.

It's been about 7 hours since I had it done and I just woke up. My eyes are a little sore, but I can definitely tell a difference already in the quality of my vision.

Overall, it's been a good experience so far. :thumb:

Mr. Laz
01-04-2008, 06:14 PM
Well, I'm back and awake. It really wasn't that bad. There wasn't any pain when having it done, just a little discomfort. I went with the kind where they use a laser to create the "flap" and a different laser to do the correction. I can't recall exactly, but I think took about 15 seconds per eye for each laser.

It's been about 7 hours since I had it done and I just woke up. My eyes are a little sore, but I can definitely tell a difference already in the quality of my vision.

are you supposed be doing stuff like staring at a computer this soon after surgery?

:hmmm:

unlurking
01-04-2008, 06:19 PM
are you supposed be doing stuff like staring at a computer this soon after surgery?

:hmmm:
If the doctor's want a repeat customer he is!

J/K, glad it worked out!

bowener
01-04-2008, 06:29 PM
is there an age they want you to wait till? I am 23 and would love to get my eyes corrected, but I had a DR tell me once to wait till 26 due to aging and such, has anyone else heard that? just wondering....

Rain Man
01-04-2008, 06:39 PM
I went with an expensive place...one where I knew someone who had it done there. It was ~$4000 for both eyes. I was happy to hear that NASA uses the exact same equipment this place did.

Challenger...Columbia...yeah, you should be fine.

Chiefmanwillcatch
01-04-2008, 07:01 PM
] Stop myopia in your children. Don't focus your eyes on close work like books!

I read somewhere that myopia is caused by reading too close to something at a certain age when are eyes are still growing.

Some website is proposing a cure by making students use reading glasses which reduces the need to focus as strenuously.

Some debate about it. The facts are in asia everyone has myopia and so it must be adaptation by the eye.

Wish someone had that idea about reading glasses when i was younger. I hate these fricking glasses.

Tests with monkeys.
http://www.4readers.com/t-definitions34.aspx
http://www.i-see.org/otis_brown/chapter_01.html

FAX
01-04-2008, 07:52 PM

Good news, Mr. The Rick.

FAX

memyselfI
01-04-2008, 08:00 PM
Hope you can see this crystal clear without glasses or contacts when you are done!!!