PDA

View Full Version : Wyoming Caucus

clemensol
01-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Has there been any polling done? And do you guys think it will have any relevence at all?

Direckshun
01-04-2008, 12:56 PM
I think it'll be an interesting 30-second side story on the cable news networks, but I think nothing of its influence.

Iowa and New Hampshire are just too historically entrenched.

I want to know why so much weight is being put on South Carolina as the third measuring stick, though, instead of Michigan's, which is a larger state with more delegates and decided 11 days before South Carolina.

patteeu
01-04-2008, 01:00 PM
I think it'll be an interesting 30-second side story on the cable news networks, but I think nothing of its influence.

I want to know why so much weight is being put on South Carolina as the third measuring stick, though, instead of Michigan's, which is a larger state with more delegates and decided 11 days before South Carolina.

This is just a guess, but it might be because of the importance the South has played in presidential politics for the past several election cycles. :shrug:

StcChief
01-04-2008, 01:03 PM

another said state of politics that IOWA/NH/SC shape our country

oldandslow
01-04-2008, 01:13 PM

Because the dems aren't playing in Mich. Mich is being punished by the party for moving its primary. Clinton and Kucinich are the only ones on the ballot. The votes don't count.

Albeit, I do think the repub votes count.

oldandslow
01-04-2008, 01:15 PM
This is just a guess, but it might be because of the importance the South has played in presidential politics for the past several election cycles. :shrug:

No kidding. My wife (a repub and serious McCain fan) still seethes at the Bushwhack of McCain in SC in 2000.

Cochise
01-04-2008, 01:25 PM

Because SC always goes with the Republican nominee, as well.

Taco John
01-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Iowa has only picked two presidents with the early caucus.

oldandslow
01-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Iowa has only picked two presidents with the early caucus.

But they have picked many nominees.

HolmeZz
01-04-2008, 01:52 PM
Like 3 people live in Wyoming.

Cochise
01-04-2008, 02:01 PM
Doubtful.. I'm not even aware that any polls have been conducted in Wyoming. You can't find them on polling sites. An article on CNN said that as of a week ago no polls had been conducted there. And I don't think any candidates are scheduled to be there on primary night. The state's only got the minimum 3 electors so it's not a notable event.

They had a straw poll that Romney won with ~60% but it is a caucus on Saturday (or whenever it is).

patteeu
01-04-2008, 02:08 PM
There are no landlines in Wyoming. Dick Cheney finagled Halliburton into position for all the telecom contracts and they just pocketed the cash without building the network.

Cochise
01-04-2008, 02:41 PM
There are no landlines in Wyoming. Dick Cheney finagled Halliburton into position for all the telecom contracts and they just pocketed the cash without building the network.

Wyoming is a huge neo-isolationist state. Nobody goes in there, nobody comes out, you never hear anything from them.

Or maybe Wyoming is a big-government authoritarian state, since half the land there is government-owned. Oh, and they gave a bunch of land away in a shameless confiscation of assets back in the 1800s with the Neo-Greelyan homestead act.