PDA

View Full Version : Quick!!! I need some good Chief vs. Raider stories so I can talk smack on another BB

CanadaKC
07-28-2001, 10:34 PM
Give me your best memories of the Chiefs beating the hated Radiers. Will forward the memories to our hated rivals!!!

DON'T MISS OUT ON A GREAT OPPORTUNITY!!!!!!!;)

Frazod
07-28-2001, 10:55 PM
Unfortunately, it's been so long since we've beaten them I can't remember. Maybe you should just leave quietly and find a Broncos fan to abuse.

CanadaKC
07-28-2001, 11:23 PM
Wasn't it Rison who caught that pass last second on Monday Night Football to beat the Raiders? And didn't Vanover run back a punt or kickoff against the Raiders to beat them as well?

Chiefs Pantalones
07-28-2001, 11:36 PM
CanadaKC,

The Rison MNF thing is true, but I do not recall Vanover ever returning a kick/punt back to WIN a game vs. the Raiders, but he has returned one or two against them, but not to win it, though.

The game you're thinking of is the game vs. San Diego on MNF and Vanover returned a punt in overtime for the win.

philfree
07-28-2001, 11:40 PM
Hasty returned and INT for a TD if my memory serves me.

PhilFree:cool:

CanadaKC
07-28-2001, 11:44 PM
Thanks Cody. Boy, were those exciting wins...the Vanover run and the Rison catch last play of the game! I'm going to the other board to rub it in right now!!!!:D ;)

CanadaKC
07-28-2001, 11:46 PM
You too Philfree...

Chiefs Pantalones
07-28-2001, 11:49 PM
Philfree,

Your memory serves you right:D

He did, and that was in OT to win the game. The Faiders complained afterward that the referee was in the way of the throw (kind of like a pick in basketball) and that caused the int. to happen.

Oh well!:D :p

CG

man I can't wait til the first game!!!!

Chiefs Pantalones
07-28-2001, 11:51 PM
No problem, C.

philfree
07-29-2001, 12:31 AM
Cody, I think it was also a Monday Night game. Or a Sunday Night, either way that makes it even better. Smack them Raiders down! They're going down Sept. 9th at the head and I can't wait to "Feel The Power".

PhilFree:cool:

stevieray
07-29-2001, 12:35 AM
Vanover had a runback at MH to win a game.

California Injun
07-29-2001, 12:43 AM
Why don't you ask the Raiders fans the last time their team crossed the goal line in an AFC Championship Game?

Or why they let Mike Shanahan go.

Or where the team plans to play its home games this season. (Oakland/LA/Oakland/LA?)

Or whatever happened to that infamous MNF record.

Or the reasons they can't beat the Broncos while the Chiefs spank them like a 3-legged dog.

Or why the flea market vendors raise their prices on jumpsuits every time Al Davis is seen pulling up in his AMC Pacer.

Hey! Where is this BB site?

Throw me the link so I can hone my skills before the 9/8 opener.

Rausch
07-29-2001, 12:44 AM
Remind the Raider fans that the only thing worse than loosing to the Chiefs for 21 of 24 games is signing all their cast off's and throw-away's....

At least WE'RE not the retirement ward for the NFL anymore...THANKS OAKLAND!:D

KCJohnny
07-29-2001, 07:09 AM
Brad took my key stat (way to go, Bud!) but here are some other tidbits:

Even in losing, the Chiefs pounded the Raiders' soft D for a club record 504 yds passing (Grbac, '00);

Marcus Allen gained 130 yds rushing vs his old team as his 1st post-Raiders 100 yd game ('95/96?);

Donnell Bennett gained 115 yds rushing vs. Raiders ('98);

Jeff George as a Raider was sacked 7x in one game (same as above).

KCJ
Reminiscing

milkman
07-29-2001, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by CanadaKC
Wasn't it Rison who caught that pass last second on Monday Night Football to beat the Raiders?

And let's not forget, perhaps the most humiliating thing about this comeback by the Chiefs is that it was Elvis that threw that TD pass.
The same Elvis that is becoming known for his total brainfreeze in the last 2 minutes of games.

Saggysack
07-29-2001, 09:30 AM
Jeff George was sacked 10x in that game, 6 by DT.

Warrior5
07-29-2001, 07:10 PM
Derrick Thomas called the safety on Jeff George just before he did it.
Warning: be prepared for "quit living in the past", and "we've owned you for the last two seasons", etc.

California Injun
07-29-2001, 07:22 PM
Don't let Raiders fans call you on "living in the past" because it was them who droned on about;

"Who was the last AFC team to win a Super Bowl."

CanadaKC
07-29-2001, 09:43 PM
You guys are GREAT!!!! From all your posts, I have had this ultimate Raider fan named T.J. on a FF site so riled, it's hilarious!!!
The minute he tried to come back with something...I'd quote yet another one of your stories, and he'd just be choked!!!

WHAT PLANET TEAMWORK!!!!!!! :D :cool:

(I LOVE making Raider fans upset)