PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon advice

The Bad Guy
01-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Well I'm taking the plunge in 6 months and we are trying to organize our honeymoon now.

We are planning on going on an Alaskan cruise. I was wondering if anyone had been on one, what cruise line they used and how they enjoyed it?

I'd like to use Royal Carribean, but I'm open to other ideas.

CoMoChief
01-04-2008, 08:00 PM
How old are you? It depends.

My 50 yr old parents went on an Alaskan Cruise last summer and loved it, but it was a lot of sight seeing.

Personally me in my early-mid 20's would rather party my ass off somewhere tropical.

Der Flöprer
01-04-2008, 08:01 PM
My mother in law just took a cruise to Acapulco on Carnival Spirit. She was a bitch for 2 weeks after she got back. She had a great time.

chagrin
01-04-2008, 08:01 PM
I found tons of great advice here:

www.cruisecritic.com

Once there, find the forums, they break down each cruise line and destination. It's really a wealth of advice.

Congratulations, by the way

EDIT - here, the boards:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/

DMAC
01-04-2008, 08:03 PM
My secretary took one, she is 60. She said she didn't like it. Boring...

FAX
01-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Congratulations, Mr. The Bad Guy.

The other day I was talking to a local commercial real estate guy I've known for some time. This person and his wife vacation constantly. He's been to Russia, all over Europe, Japan, China, South America, you name it.

Anyhow, he said he and his wife had just returned from the best, most relaxing trip he's ever been on. It was a steamboat cruise on some river in the Northwest. If memory serves, I think he said it was the Majestic cruise line. He said there were only 68 people on the cruise and that the service, food, amenities, etc. were absolutely wonderful and better than any other cruise he's ever taken. I'd never heard of steamboat cruises, but he now swears by them. You might want to check it out ... they may offer these in Alaska, too. I think it was Majestic cruise lines.

FAX

Buehler445
01-04-2008, 08:14 PM
Congrats man. I'm taking the plunge in 7 months:). I need to get on the ball with a honeymoon also...

StcChief
01-04-2008, 08:18 PM
hang with folks your age or younger.... where ever you go.

Sandyskc
01-04-2008, 08:23 PM
I've been on cruises on Carnival and Royal Caribbean. The Carnival cruises were one huge party, Royal Caribbean is less party and more upscale service (without being stuffy). Go with whatever you both will enjoy. Best of luck!

Joie
01-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Congratulations!!

Aces and I are getting hitched in August. Luckily one of my friends has offered to plan our honeymoon, so that's one less thing we have to worry about. I don't have any honeymoon advice, just congratulations to you and your fiancee.

Coach
01-04-2008, 08:43 PM
Well I'm taking the plunge in 6 months and we are trying to organize our honeymoon now.

We are planning on going on an Alaskan cruise. I was wondering if anyone had been on one, what cruise line they used and how they enjoyed it?

I'd like to use Royal Carribean, but I'm open to other ideas.

Congrats to you. I know I'll be getting hitched in June, and it looks like that we'll be flying to Hawaii.

As for the Alaskan cruise, I believe my grandpa and grandma are going to one on July. I know that they went to one before, and from what I understand, they seemed to enjoy it.

I can ask them what Cruise line they took last time, and the one in July. I would imagine that it'd be the same one that they took last.

prhom
01-04-2008, 08:46 PM
I guess I might be the only kid who ever enjoyed an Alaskan cruise. My family went on one with my grandparents for their 50th wedding anniversary. I have to say I really enjoyed it. Granted, it wasn't a crazy party, but the food was outstanding, the service amazing, and if you like mountain scenery it doesn't get much better than that. We went on Celebrity, which I've heard is better for food and service, but not for a rowdy good time.

MichaelH
01-04-2008, 08:48 PM
It's your honeymoon. Don't waste your money on scenery. You should be in bed most of the time.

CoMoChief
01-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Make sure the first night you drink so much and get so drunk that you blackout and piss the bed that night.

Remember, it's all about marking your territory in the bedroom!!!

The Bad Guy
01-04-2008, 09:10 PM
How old are you? It depends.

My 50 yr old parents went on an Alaskan Cruise last summer and loved it, but it was a lot of sight seeing.

Personally me in my early-mid 20's would rather party my ass off somewhere tropical.

I'm 28. We go to an island every Summer, so I'm just looking to relax on the boat, sight-see some.

The Bad Guy
01-04-2008, 09:12 PM
Make sure the first night you drink so much and get so drunk that you blackout and piss the bed that night.

The last cruise I went on was 6 years ago with my friends.

I woke up at 5 am the first night, and my friend was pissing all over my bed after blacking out.

I think that was enough bed pissing on a cruise for me.

The Bad Guy
01-04-2008, 09:15 PM
Thanks everyone for the advice.

I'm just looking to relax and unwind. Between being a special education teacher, and going to school at night, I'm going to be spent by July so seeing some amazing scenery, drinking my face off, and enjoying great food is part of the honeymoon plans.

I've heard nothing but great things about the Alaskan Cruises. Hopefully I have a great experience.

Joie
01-04-2008, 09:15 PM

And then she can deny sex for the next six months to prove who's really in charge. :whip:

Skip Towne
01-04-2008, 09:37 PM
And then she can deny sex for the next six months to prove who's really in charge. :whip:
He obviously doesn't understand how that game is played.

Simplex3
01-04-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm 28. We go to an island every Summer, so I'm just looking to relax on the boat, sight-see some.
There's really only two mountains you should be worried about viewing/climbing on your honeymoon.

Coach
01-04-2008, 10:48 PM
There's really only two mountains you should be worried about viewing/climbing on your honeymoon.

Must not forget the valley as well, my friend.

keg in kc
01-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Hey, congratulations, Frank.

I did an Alaska Cruise with, ah, Holland America I think it was, back in 2002 (my 'rents 40th wedding anniversary...) and it ranks behind my trip to Kona, Hawaii a year ago as my second favorite ever.

How much fun you have is largely up to you, what you two decide to do to pass your days. It's a beautiful part of the world, regardless, and I don't think you'd regret it for a minute.

Rain Man
01-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Honeymoon advice? Don't ask if you can invite the maid in for a threesome. Give it a couple of months.

Bwana
01-05-2008, 12:26 PM
Dude, if you are on a boat around Alaska, you damn sure better have a halibut pole hanging off the back of it.

CoMoChief
01-05-2008, 12:44 PM
He obviously doesn't understand how that game is played.
you should know all about pissing yourself.

CoMoChief
01-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Dude, if you are on a boat around Alaska, you damn sure better have a halibut pole hanging off the back of it.
Damn straight.

Skip Towne
01-05-2008, 12:50 PM
you should know all about pissing yourself.
Shut up bitch.

The Bad Guy
01-05-2008, 01:24 PM

The only pole hanging out will be mine.

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2008, 02:03 PM
I've been on 6 cruises all over the Carribbean so an Alaskan cruise is high on my list of things to do. I'd recommend either Royal Carribbean or Princess Cruise lines.

Stewie
01-05-2008, 03:14 PM
If you're going to do an Alaskan cruise, do the inside passage. That being said, spend time in Victoria, BC. It is an awesome and beautiful city. There are inside passage cruises that leave out of there and she'll be impressed by both the city and the cruise. My 2 shiny pennies.

Bwana
01-06-2008, 09:42 AM
The only pole hanging out will be mine.

ROFL

Come on now Frank buddy. Set the rules right out of the gate and it will save you a lot of trouble down the road. You CAN do both. :)

stonedstooge
01-06-2008, 10:38 AM
Just don't get on one of those cruise lines that let someone push you overboard and then not come back and get you and wait for about 3 days to report you missing.

Iowanian
01-06-2008, 10:41 AM
superman..........

blueballs
01-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Don't stop using the condom
just slid the packet in the slot
same effect and reusable

cardken
01-06-2008, 03:44 PM
Vegas Baby, Vegas! Lots to do besides gamble and the desert and mountains are beautiful. Vegas really treats Honeymoon coupes well. Just let them know when reserving.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
01-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Frankie,

I'd look into a cruise to Hawaii where you depart from Los Angeles. It's like an 11 or 12 day jaunt. You hit all the islands and you have a lot of days at sea. But knowing your frequency of trips to the tropics, this might not appeal to you.

You will be surrounded by a lot of old people going to Alaska but that's not a bad thing. Just don't do what my dad did to my mom: jimmy the balcony door open in the middle of the night and freeze the room out.

Vegas is not bad. Of course, you can always come to KC and watch a mid-June workout at Arrowhead with Chan Gailey as our new OC.

nychief
01-06-2008, 03:56 PM
ALL ANAL.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
01-06-2008, 03:56 PM
That too!

ALL ANAL.

The Bad Guy
01-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Vegas Baby, Vegas! Lots to do besides gamble and the desert and mountains are beautiful. Vegas really treats Honeymoon coupes well. Just let them know when reserving.

Vegas is for the bachelor party.

Gracie Dean
01-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Royal Caribben is absolutely the way to go,

but I suggest the Western Caribbean route for the destination.

We have been on 3 different cruise lines and Royal Caribbean is the best by far in service and class and the ships themselves

We are going in March on Freedom of the Seas or LIberty of the Seas to Western Caribbean...again

awesome destinations and very romantic

kstater
01-06-2008, 06:48 PM
You want some honeymoon advice?

Don't get married.