PDA

View Full Version : Locks of love

acasas4
01-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Some things are more important than football.
About a year ago my 8 year old daughter decided she wanted to grow her hair for "Locks of Love." In case you don't know they collect hair for cancer patients.
She made this decision all on her own. She just donated 11" of hair to them. I am so proud of her!
I love the Chiefs even though I bitch a lot about the leadership they have now but it makes me realize there are things that are a lot more important.
Out of the mouths, or heads of babes?

Delano
01-04-2008, 09:08 PM
My wife did the same thing with her hair. She convinced her sister to do the same.

I bet Bob Dole has some eyebrow hair he could donate.

Simplex3
01-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Congrats. Though I'm not sure what's worse, that people are unwilling to give hair or the fact that cancer patients feel the pressure from society to have hair.

Weird situation.

stevieray
01-04-2008, 09:17 PM
I have a buddy who does this...I wish I would've done it when I finally cut my long hair off..

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-04-2008, 09:18 PM
My wife did that about a year ago.

Delano
01-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Congrats. Though I'm not sure what's worse, that people are unwilling to give hair or the fact that cancer patients feel the pressure from society to have hair.

Weird situation.

It's really quite odd, as a man, to see a woman obsess over her hair and express shock at the suggestion of shorter hair. A bad haircut can ruin a woman's week.

FAX
01-04-2008, 10:34 PM
Very cool, Mr. acasas4. You should be very proud of your daughter. Most people never take the time or go out of their way to help the less fortunate even though it's well worth the investment in time and effort. The average person is either too busy or too self-absorbed to take an action.

Clearly, your daughter is a special person. Congratulations.

FAX

Mecca
01-04-2008, 10:36 PM
That's a nice gesture, I'd do that if I ever decided to cut my hair.

Bowser
01-04-2008, 10:37 PM
That's a nice gesture, I'd do that if I ever decided to cut my hair.

Let go of the mullet. You'll think more of yourself tomorrow if you do it.

Extra Point
01-04-2008, 10:40 PM
That is cool. Kudos to those, from whom whose locks to the needy go.

TrebMaxx
01-04-2008, 10:42 PM
You should be very proud of your daughter. That is really cool. I would do it but at my age the longest hairs I have ATM grow on my ears and eyebrows.

BIG K
01-04-2008, 11:36 PM
Some things are more important than football.
About a year ago my 8 year old daughter decided she wanted to grow her hair for "Locks of Love." In case you don't know they collect hair for cancer patients.
She made this decision all on her own. She just donated 11" of hair to them. I am so proud of her!
I love the Chiefs even though I bitch a lot about the leadership they have now but it makes me realize there are things that are a lot more important.
Out of the mouths, or heads of babes?

You have an amazing daughter sir! My ex-fiance and daughter did the same thing two years ago. Hell, if I could grow hair, I would do it too.

Mecca
01-05-2008, 02:12 AM
Let go of the mullet. You'll think more of yourself tomorrow if you do it.

Oh cmon...all my hair is the same length, no mullet for me.