PDA

View Full Version : Would it be best for the Hunt's to sell the Chiefs?

MadMax
01-05-2008, 04:04 AM
I personally am sick of them and their apathy towards the Chiefs.

RustShack
01-05-2008, 04:07 AM
Like thats ever gonna happen.

MadMax
01-05-2008, 04:12 AM
Like thats ever gonna happen.

lol just venting again. I don't remember the last time I created a thread so cut me some slack im an old guy. Actually I'm just so sick of the same ol same ol this team has given me for too many years.And no I won't switch teams ( it's not possible )

RustShack
01-05-2008, 04:13 AM
I'll give Clark a couple more years, but hes not off to a good start so far.

Tribal Warfare
01-05-2008, 04:17 AM
I'll give Clark a couple more years, but hes not off to a good start so far.

Unlike Lamar he won't get any shred of leinacy concerning the current state of the Chiefs if this continues

Mr. Flopnuts
01-05-2008, 04:20 AM
lol just venting again. I don't remember the last time I created a thread so cut me some slack im an old guy. Actually I'm just so sick of the same ol same ol this team has given me for too many years.And no I won't switch teams ( it's not possible )

I agree with you. If you don't have the desire to win the trophy that bears your late fathers' name, get the **** out of the business. He's slowly rising to the level of respect I have for the Gl ASS family.

I live half way across the country and have never been to Chiefs games. The only money they make off of me is the countless dollars I've spent on merchandise. If that makes me less of a fan, so be it.

I can say though, that I have supported this team with every oz. of my soul for over 17 years now. Since I was 13 pretty much. They are going to have to give me a reason and soon to continue to pour the emotion into their games that I have. The payoff hasn't been great compared to the payout. Money or not.

MadMax
01-05-2008, 04:39 AM
I agree with you. If you don't have the desire to win the trophy that bears your late fathers' name, get the **** out of the business. He's slowly rising to the level of respect I have for the Gl ASS family.

I live half way across the country and have never been to Chiefs games. The only money they make off of me is the countless dollars I've spent on merchandise. If that makes me less of a fan, so be it.

I can say though, that I have supported this team with every oz. of my soul for over 17 years now. Since I was 13 pretty much. They are going to have to give me a reason and soon to continue to pour the emotion into their games that I have. The payoff hasn't been great compared to the payout. Money or not.

And that's the thing, it's not about money it's about emotions..Hell the only game that I got upset about this year is the Packer game and that says a hell of a lot to me..Damn I used to cuss God and break shit. Now I laugh

Count Alex's Losses
01-05-2008, 04:52 AM
Yes.

Frazod
01-05-2008, 07:28 AM
I wish they'd sell the Chiefs to Mark Cuban.

TOMORROW.

thehead
01-05-2008, 08:06 AM

TOMORROW.

That would ideal

acasas4
01-05-2008, 08:08 AM
I'm willing to cut Clark some slack this year because I have a feeling that his dad talked to him before he died about keeping Carl around through his contract. Just speculation.
But if next season does not show huge improvement Clark needs to step up or turn the team over to someone who will.

philfree
01-05-2008, 08:12 AM
Lamar Hunt was such part of creating the modern NFL that thinking the Chiefs should be sold so shortly after his death is sick. Clark hasn't even had control for a year so he hasn't had a chance to do anything. You people suck and suck bad.

PhilFree:arrow:

BigRock
01-05-2008, 08:22 AM
Lamar Hunt was such part of creating the modern NFL that thinking the Chiefs should be sold so shortly after his death is sick. Clark hasn't even had control for a year so he hasn't had a chance to do anything. You people suck and suck bad.
:clap:

Frazod
01-05-2008, 08:26 AM

F#ck you, idiot. These people have lined their pockets with our money for decades and given us nothing in return but heartache. Do you really think Lamar brought the Chiefs here for the people of Kansas City? It was simply a virgin market to be exploited. And even if that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, it was nearly 50 years ago. This isn't exactly a case of "what have you done for me lately?" here. How long do the Hunts get a pass for 38 years of failure?

If these people look on the team as nothing more than a business, then I personally wish they'd sell out to another businessman who actually wants to make money AND win.

Count Alex's Losses
01-05-2008, 08:27 AM

Kind of like the Chiefs.

The truth is we'd have been a lot better off if Lamar had sold the team after 97.

Messier
01-05-2008, 08:30 AM
You do know none of us has any say on how long Clark is owner, right?

Frazod
01-05-2008, 08:33 AM
You do know none of us has any say on how long Clark is owner, right?

Really? Oh crap I thought the ultra rich always consulted an internet BB before making any major decisions. Darn.

And here I had all these stock tips lined up for Clark, too. :doh!:

:stupid:

philfree
01-05-2008, 08:34 AM
The best way for Clark to line his pockets is to sell the Chiefs.

HonestChieffan
01-05-2008, 08:37 AM
Worst Idea of 2008.

Bwana
01-05-2008, 08:39 AM

TOMORROW.

Screw that, I want him to sell them to you on the 25 year payment plan. Not unlike myself, you wouldn't put up with all the bullshit that is going on and would likely have a pair of steel toe boots the first day to kick several people out the door down to the bus station, with a one way ticket in hand. Who the hell needs Ray Farmer? "You haven't been doing your job, now get the **** out!" rochambeau

Frazod
01-05-2008, 08:42 AM
Screw that, I want him to sell them to you on the 25 year payment plan. Not unlike myself, you wouldn't put up with all the bullshit that is going on and would likely have a pair of steel toe boots the first day to kick several people out the door down to the bus station, with a one way ticket in hand. Who the hell needs Ray Farmer? "You haven't been doing your job, now get the **** out!" rochambeau

I wouldn't even give them one-way tickets. :grr:

BigRedChief
01-05-2008, 09:26 AM

TOMORROW.
He's probably the only guy in the world with $960,000,000.00 lying around to buy an NFL team.

patteeu
01-05-2008, 09:30 AM
Great idea if you want the team to move to another city some day. Otherwise, I think it stinks.

patteeu
01-05-2008, 09:32 AM
F#ck you, idiot. These people have lined their pockets with our money for decades and given us nothing in return but heartache.

LOL, whose fault is that? Sucker! :p

Frazod
01-05-2008, 09:35 AM
LOL, whose fault is that, sucker?

And they never got any of your money, right? :rolleyes:

blueballs
01-05-2008, 09:54 AM
If my old man created a business. Became a HOFer and had a trophy named after him. I would wait a respectable amount of time after his death. Before I went in and made it mine. Oh I would make it mine. I just don't step in and cut and slash the work of a legend.

The question is. What is a respectable amount of time?

HonestChieffan
01-05-2008, 09:58 AM
F#ck you, idiot. These people have lined their pockets with our money for decades and given us nothing in return but heartache.

You are a sad and frustrated individual.

Hunt will keep them in KC...any other new owner in todays world who would buy them would move them in a heartbeat to try to get back a return on that large an investment. So, you would be happy I guess if they sold and then went away...

Pure dumb. People who propose and support such things are clueless.

Back to your statement we have gotten nothing in return....you manage to downgrade the experiences and the thrills of every Chief Fan who has been a fan of this team since the beginning.

I have been a season ticket holder and Chiefs fan for longer than I care to admit. When I was finally able to get season tickets that I have today I was thrilled. Im not happy at the cost today I admit. And Im as frustrated by this teams performance over the last few years as anyone. But I know I can look forward to that thrill of setting up to tailgate, fellowship with family, friends and other fans and have one of the premier game day experiences at one of if not the finest football stadium facitities in the country. And for that I pay the money and enjoy the ride.

I have spent many happy hours at Arrowhead. The time I have spent there with my son, my friends, and others have been simply fantastic. The fact we have not been a super bowl team cannot take away some of the greatest football games, seeing incredible talent, and enjoying what is across the country known as one of the finest places in the country to watch football.

The feeling of elation we have had on big wins, the crushed feeling we have had when we fail is real. We always want to win. But to say with your level of bombast that we have gotten nothing back but heartache is absurd, foolish, and shamefully shallow.

This community knows the value we have in an ownership that has kept the Chiefs a KC team and who will keep it a Kansas City team. Thank goodness for that.

jlscorpio
01-05-2008, 10:01 AM
The fact of the matter is, it IS Clark's team now and has been for over a calendar year. Carl needs his shit packed in a box and thrown out in the parking lot of 1 Arrowhead Drive, regardless of what Lamar said on his deathbed.

xbarretx
01-05-2008, 10:12 AM

qft

InChiefsHell
01-05-2008, 10:15 AM
If the Chiefs were sold, they would move. And I would probably jump ship. They are the Kansas City Chiefs...not the (blech) Los Angeles Chiefs...

...no, Clark should not sell the friggin' team. People, settle the **** down. I'm as flustrated as anyone but I'm a fan. I'm willing to ride this storm out.

Frazod
01-05-2008, 10:16 AM
You are a sad and frustrated individual.

Hunt will keep them in KC...any other new owner in todays world who would buy them would move them in a heartbeat to try to get back a return on that large an investment. So, you would be happy I guess if they sold and then went away...

Pure dumb. People who propose and support such things are clueless.

Back to your statement we have gotten nothing in return....you manage to downgrade the experiences and the thrills of every Chief Fan who has been a fan of this team since the beginning.

I have been a season ticket holder and Chiefs fan for longer than I care to admit. When I was finally able to get season tickets that I have today I was thrilled. Im not happy at the cost today I admit. And Im as frustrated by this teams performance over the last few years as anyone. But I know I can look forward to that thrill of setting up to tailgate, fellowship with family, friends and other fans and have one of the premier game day experiences at one of if not the finest football stadium facitities in the country. And for that I pay the money and enjoy the ride.

I have spent many happy hours at Arrowhead. The time I have spent there with my son, my friends, and others have been simply fantastic. The fact we have not been a super bowl team cannot take away some of the greatest football games, seeing incredible talent, and enjoying what is across the country known as one of the finest places in the country to watch football.

The feeling of elation we have had on big wins, the crushed feeling we have had when we fail is real. We always want to win. But to say with your level of bombast that we have gotten nothing back but heartache is absurd, foolish, and shamefully shallow.

This community knows the value we have in an ownership that has kept the Chiefs a KC team and who will keep it a Kansas City team. Thank goodness for that.

Ah, so the blanket "you all suck" thing was fine and dandy, but responding to it is bad? Yeah, right.

And "pure dumb"? While you must be an expert on pure dumb, I doubt if you know much about anything else - especially what a new, currently non-existent owner would do with this team. Where would they move it, exactly? Oh yeah, Los Angeles. They're so hot for a new franchise out there that they haven't had one for 13 years now. But obviously any new owner would automatically overlook a newly renovated stadium and a rabid fanbase starved for ANY kind of success. IMO, any new owner would be able to write his own ticket in Kansas City with the promise of ANYTHING DIFFERENT.

I'm tired of this team losing. I'm tired of not being able to remember the last time this team won a championship. My baseball team won the World Series a couple of years ago. That was great. I'd forgotten how it felt to root for a winner, but now that I remember, this shit we've endured with Carl and Hunts is UNACCEPTABLE. Of course, if its OK with you, I'll just consider the source.

You really should stick to sniping Mizzou, dummy.

Messier
01-05-2008, 10:32 AM
Really? Oh crap I thought the ultra rich always consulted an internet BB before making any major decisions. Darn.

And here I had all these stock tips lined up for Clark, too. :doh!:

:stupid:

Just checking, with all this, "I'm giving Hunt two years" stuff. What leverage do you as a fan have. If the team stinks long enough all your dreams will come true. Look how close real changes came to happening after one 4-12 season, there was serious question about the return of Carl, so serious he had to address it and it was national news he was staying. Another year like this and it's house cleaning time, and they know it. Carl like any other GM is evealuated every year. Clark will fire him with another 4-12 or even 6-10.

RedThat
01-05-2008, 10:50 AM
This is a pretty serious topic.

While I am not pleased with our current ownership, I do think Kansas City Chiefs football is like family and business to the Hunts. It seems that way anyway?

Would it be in the best interests for the Hunt's to sell the Chiefs? Only they know that answer.

Changes in ownership do not happen at a rapid pace in professional sports. Very seldomly does it happen. The only time you see changes happen in regards to ownership are:

1) A death of a current owner(which happened except Clark inherited this business from his father)

2) There is a buyer out there who will offer boat loads of money to pursue the current franchise

And 3) Unless the franchise consistently loses fanbase, thus losing profitibility in return over a prolonged period of time, then that's where the FOR SALE sign comes into factor. But because the NFL has revenue sharing and also factor in TV ratings, merchandise. It makes it very difficult for any franchise to lose profitability.

*The only way I see a change is if someone out there will offer Clark boat loads of money to pursue the franchise. And even that is not a guarantee? Or an unrealistic possibility? This is an inherited business. And who knows? Maybe Clark is real proud of his fathers work and wants to keep it intact for years to come? I don't know?

RedThat
01-05-2008, 10:59 AM
I just thought I'd say for those who didn't know, just found it interesting, did any of you guys know that Lamar Hunt's father, H.L. Hunt was an Oil Tycoon?

figures we have an owner who's grandfather was involved in the Oil Business. Nuff said there?

Oil companies? Is the Greed in his blood? the selfishness? The crude? Does he snub the customers and not care what they think? possibly

Its probably in the blood, and passed on.

milkman
01-05-2008, 11:02 AM
I just thought I'd say for those who didn't know, just found it interesting, did any of you guys know that Lamar Hunt's father, H.L. Hunt was an Oil Tycoon?

Wow!

Thanks for the newsflash!

In related news, The president's father was the president.

RedThat
01-05-2008, 11:04 AM
Wow!

Thanks for the newsflash!

In related news, The president's father was the president.

Just sayin?

Found it interesting. Oil Companies..Greed?

Simplex3
01-05-2008, 11:06 AM

How long does it take for Clark to pick up the phone and say "Carl, you're fired."?

You people act like it takes years to overhaul a front office. Keep your eye on Miami, right now. THAT is how you do it. Clark could be doing it right now if he had the stones and actually wanted to WIN GAMES.

An old boss of mine once told me "business is a game, and money is how you keep score." IMO Clark thinks he *is* winning.

jiveturkey
01-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Wow! I know that we haven't had a playoff win in a long time and that we've made huge mistakes in the draft and free agency but it was time for us to stink. It seems as if being 9-7 would have made a lot of people happy though.

I went into this year expecting them to stink and I expect them to stink again next year. I like the idea of rebuilding and in order to do it you have to stink.

Simplex3
01-05-2008, 11:08 AM
The best way for Clark to line his pockets is to sell the Chiefs.

LMAO

The NFL is a money printing machine. You'd have to be a dumb f**k to sell a team right now.

Simplex3
01-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Great idea if you want the team to move to another city some day. Otherwise, I think it stinks.
Yes, because the Hunt family wasn't making those threats to get their new stadium or anything.

Lamar was the last Hunt who MIGHT have given a flying f**k if the Chiefs were in KC. Get over it, the loyalty is a one way street.

xbarretx
01-05-2008, 11:11 AM
I'm willing to ride this storm out.

that calls for some REO!

Riding the storm out
Waiting for the fallout
On a full moon night in the Rocky Mountain winter
Wine bottle's low
Watching for the snow
I've been thinking about what I've been missing in the city

And I'm not missing a thing
Watching the full moon crossing the range
Riding the storm out
Riding the storm out
Riding the storm out
Riding the storm out

Lady beside me
She's there to guide me
She says that alone we've finally found home
The wind outside is frightening
But it's kinder that the lightning life of the city
It's a hard life to live but it gives back what you give

Riding the storm out
Riding the storm out
Riding the storm out
Riding the storm out

(guitar solo)

Riding the storm out
Riding the storm out
Riding the storm out
Riding the storm out

Riding, Riding, Riding the storm out

:)

that reminds me, the Brigades first game is against my home town Tamba Bay Storm! Go Brigade!!!!

blueballs
01-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Carl's too old - Clark isn't
trot out some cheerleaders to rival the Cowgirls
or Dolphins cheerleaders - that will quite them for another year

jlscorpio
01-05-2008, 11:52 AM
I've always been partial the Dolts cheerleaders

stonedstooge
01-05-2008, 11:55 AM
What happens if Clarke talks Peterson into signing a new contract and staying on? People change their minds about retirement. That's the case isn't it that Carl said he would retire after his contract was concluded.

blueballs
01-05-2008, 11:59 AM
the renovations should include a heated glass box
for the skimpiest of cheerleader wear
would a strip pole be over the line

blueballs
01-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Gaterade shower dances

Mecca
01-05-2008, 12:02 PM
What happens if Clarke talks Peterson into signing a new contract and staying on? People change their minds about retirement. That's the case isn't it that Carl said he would retire after his contract was concluded.

Carl's gonna be a 90 year old man and still calling the shots for the team. Carl is to our team what Jerry Jones is to the Cowboys, you can't get rid of Jerry cause he's the owner...whenever anything goes on at Arrowhead and the like, Carl is on. He acts as our owner most of the time, it's rather sad.

mlyonsd
01-05-2008, 12:03 PM
Only if they sell it to Bob Kraft with a no move clause for 50 years.

I should be dead by then or drooling to the point I don't care anymore.

blueballs
01-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Jerry Jones is 50% silicone
the energizer bunny can only dream
he will last as long

ChiefsCountry
01-05-2008, 12:16 PM
I think Clark wants to win a Super Bowl bad, so did Lamar. I think alot of you are bashing them not wanting to win bc they keep Peterson around. All bc the Hunts dont flaunt themselves like a Jerry Jones or Daniel Snyder doesnt really show their desire to win.

Count Alex's Losses
01-05-2008, 12:32 PM
Remember folks, Warpaint Illustrated did an interview with Clark Hunt last year. Never once did he mention the words "Super Bowl," "Championship, or "Lombardi."

Simplex3
01-05-2008, 12:34 PM
I think Clark wants to win a Super Bowl bad, so did Lamar.
LMAO

Just what makes you think that? In almost two decades of futility they haven't changed direction.

HemiEd
01-05-2008, 12:56 PM

TOMORROW.

Me too, no disrespect to Lamar, but after 38 years of waiting until next year, I am fed up. This floundering Herm debacle is more than I can stomach.

If I had one ounce of faith that Herm had the God given tools to even return this team to mediocrity, it wouldn't be so bad. He is who I thought he was, dumber than shit.

HemiEd
01-05-2008, 12:58 PM

You need to check your calender Phil.

HemiEd
01-05-2008, 01:04 PM
If the Chiefs were sold, they would move. And I would probably jump ship. They are the Kansas City Chiefs...not the (blech) Los Angeles Chiefs...

...no, Clark should not sell the friggin' team. People, settle the **** down. I'm as flustrated as anyone but I'm a fan. I'm willing to ride this storm out.

I am fairly certain the Chiefs are locked into KC for a long time, based on the stadium renovation agreement with the taxpayers.

OnTheWarpath58
01-05-2008, 01:30 PM
I am fairly certain the Chiefs are locked into KC for a long time, based on the stadium renovation agreement with the taxpayers.

True, however I'd be willing to bet there is at least one way they could get out of the lease and move:

If attendance dropped below "X" amount for "X" number of years.

Attendance clauses are becoming more and more commonplace in stadium lease contracts.

Another reason why dumping season tickets to "send a message" is retarded.

BigRedChief
01-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Yes, iron clad non breakable deal was done when the vote passed. The KC Chiefs are playing their games at Arrowhead through 2031.

CHIEFS SIGN NEW LEASE WITH JACKSON COUNTY, TEAM AWAITS APRIL VOTE

Jan 24, 2006, 1:35:15 PM

The Kansas City Chiefs today signed a lease with Jackson County, Missouri officials that will keep the team at the countyís Truman Sports Complex for the next 25 years. The lease was signed in a special ceremony at the Jackson County courthouse in downtown Kansas City. A lease was also agreed to by the Kansas City Royals, the Major League Baseball team that makes its home at Kauffman Stadium, located adjacent to Arrowhead Stadium in the Truman Sports Complex. The signing of the new leases leads the way for the county to put two sales tax issues to finance stadium improvements before Jackson County voters on April 4th of this year.

Hydrae
01-05-2008, 01:40 PM
I am reading through a Chiefs history that I got for Christmas and had a similar thought to the OP.

Lamar started this team as a young man (26) who wanted a football team as his newest toy. When he couldn't get an expansion franchise from the NFL, his drive took him to the point of starting the AFL. The drive continued in Lamar through the building of that league, a couple of AFL championships, the merger and winning a Super Bowl. Once that was done, there were really no new challenges and the personal interest in the team dropped. This lead to the doldrums that were the late 70's through most of the 80's. Lamar then hires Carl to run his business and improve profits.

I think the passion for the team from the Hunt family is long gone. Winning is important only as long as it is needed to keep the profit levels up.

From a fans perspective, this would indicate a need for new ownership. From the owners perspective, it is still profitable and there is no need to sell while the money is still coming in.

xbarretx
01-05-2008, 01:42 PM
Yes, iron clad non breakable deal was done when the vote passed. The KC Chiefs are playing their games at Arrowhead through 2031.

CHIEFS SIGN NEW LEASE WITH JACKSON COUNTY, TEAM AWAITS APRIL VOTE

Jan 24, 2006, 1:35:15 PM

The Kansas City Chiefs today signed a lease with Jackson County, Missouri officials that will keep the team at the countyís Truman Sports Complex for the next 25 years. The lease was signed in a special ceremony at the Jackson County courthouse in downtown Kansas City. A lease was also agreed to by the Kansas City Royals, the Major League Baseball team that makes its home at Kauffman Stadium, located adjacent to Arrowhead Stadium in the Truman Sports Complex. The signing of the new leases leads the way for the county to put two sales tax issues to finance stadium improvements before Jackson County voters on April 4th of this year.

guys the idea isnt to get the Chiefs to leave, i am glad there locked in here. lets face it, this next year is going to make or break CP. if they have a good rebuilding year and show STRONG progress and potential then they can say i told you we had a plan. If we end up at 3 and 13 with no hope with brodie and complete draft bust for 2008 then they have no more excuses.

thanks for the post BigRed

Frazod
01-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Hmm... I guess there are lots of people here who are "pure dumb" and "clueless." Right, HonestF#ckHead?

HemiEd
01-05-2008, 01:52 PM
guys the idea isnt to get the Chiefs to leave, i am glad there locked in here.

We are all glad they are locked in, the reason I mentioned it, was in response to the poster suggesting that a new owner would move the team.

xbarretx
01-05-2008, 01:54 PM
We are all glad they are locked in, the reason I mentioned it, was in response to the poster suggesting that a new owner would move the team.

my bad Hemi, a poorly worded post on my part. i think we were saying the same message. dumping tickets wont do anything :)

besides, everyone can dump all they want, im getting mine next year and the worse they are the cheaper they'll be. come one rebuilding year lets suck to become good :clap:

HemiEd
01-05-2008, 01:54 PM

I remember looking at that date kind of selfishly, like I won't probably give two shits about it when I am 81. :D

stevieray
01-05-2008, 01:58 PM
Remember folks, Warpaint Illustrated did an interview with Clark Hunt last year. Never once did he mention the words "Super Bowl," "Championship, or "Lombardi."

He stated the desire for the LH trophy in his press conference for the renovations

HemiEd
01-05-2008, 02:06 PM
my bad Hemi, a poorly worded post on my part. i think we were saying the same message. dumping tickets wont do anything :)

besides, everyone can dump all they want, im getting mine next year and the worse they are the cheaper they'll be. come one rebuilding year lets suck to become good :clap:

Thats cool. But to say dumping tickets won't do anything, is wrong IMO.

Since I am in no position to own season tickets, living in Chicago, I have never voiced an opinion on it. I would love to be able to make it work to own season tickets. Asking someone else to make a sacrifice that I can't make, is wrong IMO.

But to say, the empty seats has had no effect, would indicate a person isn't paying attention. I think it has made a dramatic difference, a lot of little things so far.

It does concern me how Carl reads it though. I think you may see him take short cuts now to get back to mediocrity, in spite of Herms futility.

OnTheWarpath58
01-05-2008, 02:16 PM

Since I am in no position to own season tickets, living in Chicago, I have never voiced an opinion on it. I would love to be able to make it work to own season tickets. Asking someone else to make a sacrifice that I can't make, is wrong IMO.

But to say, the empty seats has had no effect, would indicate a person isn't paying attention. I think it has made a dramatic difference, a lot of little things so far.

It does concern me how Carl reads it though. I think you may see him take short cuts now to get back to mediocrity, in spite of Herms futility.

Ed,

Not necessarily directed specifically at you, but......

There's a HUGE difference in expect empty seats to bring on some changes, and expecting them to be the basis for Carl Peterson being fired.

This "STH are the reason Carl is still employed" mantra is ridiculous, retarded, and flat out wrong.

If Clark didn't fire him after THIS abortion of a season, after he fought a true rebuilding, with only 2 years left on his contract, he's flat out not going to, empty seats or not.

People can yell from the rooftops all they want about not renewing, but based on what has happened in the past week, I can all but guarantee you this:

Herm and Carl are going to be allowed to keep their respective jobs until their contracts expire.

People may not like it, but that's EXACTLY what is going to happen.

HemiEd
01-05-2008, 02:54 PM
Ed,

Not necessarily directed specifically at you, but......

There's a HUGE difference in expect empty seats to bring on some changes, and expecting them to be the basis for Carl Peterson being fired.

This "STH are the reason Carl is still employed" mantra is ridiculous, retarded, and flat out wrong.

If Clark didn't fire him after THIS abortion of a season, after he fought a true rebuilding, with only 2 years left on his contract, he's flat out not going to, empty seats or not.

People can yell from the rooftops all they want about not renewing, but based on what has happened in the past week, I can all but guarantee you this:

Herm and Carl are going to be allowed to keep their respective jobs until their contracts expire.

People may not like it, but that's EXACTLY what is going to happen.

Oh I agree with what you are saying. I did not mean to imply the firing of Carl was an immediate possibility. Heck, I don't even know if Clark is paying attention. I just hope like hell he will address the fans soon.

My observation, since the fans started showing their displeasure, a few things have happened. Carl IS concerned, it had to hit some kind of nerve.

I am thinking now he will go sign a bunch of Chad Pennington types, and gut the rebuild. Thus my comment about him mis-reading what the solution should be.

Herm acted like a beat up man on one of his press conferences and I don't think it is from losing a game. I think the heat is on, and the fans did it. Heck FDE, even though it was a designer sack, had to make an impact wearing that.

Several have said next year will make or break the two of them, they may be right.

BigRedChief
01-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Herm acted like a beat up man on one of his press conferences and I don't think it is from losing a game. I think the heat is on, and the fans did it. Heck FDE, even though it was a designer sack, had to make an impact wearing that.

Several have said next year will make or break the two of them, they may be right.
Herm did look beat down but its been a long bad season.

FDE didn't wear the bag into the stadium. Just with us at the tailgate.

BigRedChief
01-05-2008, 04:10 PM
True, however I'd be willing to bet there is at least one way they could get out of the lease and move:

If attendance dropped below "X" amount for "X" number of years.

Attendance clauses are becoming more and more commonplace in stadium lease contracts.

Another reason why dumping season tickets to "send a message" is retarded.
The possibility of the Chiefs breaking the lease was bantered around here in KC before the vote that what if in 5 or 10 years from now some city comes after the Chiefs with a deal to good to turn down and we are left with this empty stadium.

The deal was structured so there are no loopholes. There are no deal breakers. No buy outs. No attendence, "state of the art" or revenue deficit language in the lease that would cause a default on the lease.

That was purposely put in there because of what happened in the 90's and to say to the general public before the vote that we are locked into this lease. Lamar supposely okay'd the no possibility of leaving language.

Logical
01-05-2008, 04:20 PM
Yes and NO, yes it would likely bring in an owner that would do things that make winning a championship a priority. No because there is no possible owner in KC that can afford the Chiefs and any owner that bought them would likely move them to LA.

TN_Chief
01-05-2008, 04:22 PM
If they're not going to step up and take an active role in the team, then yes...it'd be better for them to sell the team IMO. Unfortunately that would inevitably bring around ownership groups that really just wanted to buy the team to move it.

Logical
01-05-2008, 04:24 PM
The possibility of the Chiefs breaking the lease was bantered around here in KC before the vote that what if in 5 or 10 years from now some city comes after the Chiefs with a deal to good to turn down and we are left with this empty stadium.

The deal was structured so there are no loopholes. There are no deal breakers. No buy outs. No attendence, "state of the art" or revenue deficit language in the lease that would cause a default on the lease.

That was purposely put in there because of what happened in the 90's and to say to the general public before the vote that we are locked into this lease. Lamar supposely okay'd the no possibility of leaving language.

If a new owner buys the Chiefs a good lawyer can handle the breaking of the lease based on that new owner did not sign the agreement. It might be in court for a while but it definitely can be broken. Any great lawyer can break any agreement that has been made.

Count Alex's Losses
01-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Move them to LA then. The NFL would award an expansion franchise to KC in a couple years. The market is too good. It would be worth it.

Logical
01-05-2008, 04:28 PM
He stated the desire for the LH trophy in his press conference for the renovationsYou are correct about that, but there did not seem to be any passion in the statement. More a comment in passing IMO.

Fruit Ninja
01-05-2008, 04:28 PM

...no, Clark should not sell the friggin' team. People, settle the **** down. I'm as flustrated as anyone but I'm a fan. I'm willing to ride this storm out.Well, its been a 37 year storm. Eventually it has to end right? *thinks about Cubs fans now* Maybe it doesnt end.

TN_Chief
01-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Move them to LA then. The NFL would award an expansion franchise to KC in a couple years. The market is too good. It would be worth it.I wouldn't count on an expansion, or getting a team if there was one:
1. Talent (at QB for example) is already thin, which is a strong reason not to expand. How are the Texans doing? It's taken them years to even get close to respectability.
2. Losing a team (if KC were to do so) is a pretty strong counter-argument to having a new one awarded to you..."they couldn't even keep the team they just had".
3. The league is at 32 right now, which means that scheduling works perfectly. Why go to 33 and **** things up?

Mr. Flopnuts
01-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Move them to LA then. The NFL would award an expansion franchise to KC in a couple years. The market is too good. It would be worth it.

You can't be serious.

stevieray
01-05-2008, 05:01 PM

Considering that WPI is a young rag trying to build something, I find it interesting that you would do this, considering that they gave you privledges and access @ TC that a select few get to enjoy.

HemiEd
01-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Herm did look beat down but its been a long bad season. That does make sense.

FDE didn't wear the bag into the stadium. Just with us at the tailgate. It had to be the coolest sack ever. I understand him not wearing it in, Stevie is pure class.

xbarretx
01-05-2008, 05:54 PM

no effect? in his mind no b/c they still get local stations and sponsors to sweep up the tickets so there sold....just not filled. I am not saying people should dump season tickets. i donít think that will get rid of CP for the reason stated above. however, I am merely trying to suggest that isnít the right course of action. Fans with bags on there heads does a better job and gets more attention then a half empty stadium for a sucky team. a full house of bag heads would send a message.

i think were both saying the same thing im just horrible at getting my point across. :hail:

to be honest regarding the chiefs I am not concerned with CP. heís showed what he can and cant do for the past 18/ 19 years. Its Herm with the Chiefs that im excited for (yes you guys can flame on) i am glad our Def improved and for the first time (unless in my lifetime) were preaching building through the draft. How many times have we brought in big names as a quick fix? Montana? Moon? Rison? Allen? Roaf? etc * infinity. This is a change.. A scary one because it could easily end up putting us in the 1 to two win category (sp?) However, its a risk as a fan im willing to take. The draft cant come soon enough and I am anxious to see what Herm can do with his 3rd year and whom we get as OC. :clap:

Logical
01-05-2008, 05:59 PM
It had to be the coolest sack ever. I understand him not wearing it in, Stevie is pure class.

While I agree with this statement, I don't see how the sack had any effect if he did not wear it inside.

stevieray
01-05-2008, 06:04 PM
While I agree with this statement, I don't see how the sack had any effect if he did not wear it inside.

you guys are giving "it" too much credit...arrowman and I did it to laugh at ourselves...

HemiEd
01-05-2008, 06:17 PM

Obviously, since I learned the sack was not worn, in this thread, it has not had the impact it would have.

The fact that he would even have a sack, is a barometer of an obvious fan unrest, that is not missed by Carl and Herm IMO.

His specific sack was seen on the internet and I would guess by more than one person at the tailgate. The coolest sack ever.

HemiEd
01-05-2008, 06:22 PM
you guys are giving "it" too much credit...arrowman and I did it to laugh at ourselves...

As many times as they have shown your smiling mug on TV, I can only imagine a closeup of that sack! ROFL

Jayhawkerman2001
01-05-2008, 07:07 PM

actually in the past couple of years glass has shown that he wants to win and spend the money to get there.

milkman
01-05-2008, 07:14 PM
I wouldn't count on an expansion, or getting a team if there was one:
1. Talent (at QB for example) is already thin, which is a strong reason not to expand. How are the Texans doing? It's taken them years to even get close to respectability.
2. Losing a team (if KC were to do so) is a pretty strong counter-argument to having a new one awarded to you..."they couldn't even keep the team they just had".
3. The league is at 32 right now, which means that scheduling works perfectly. Why go to 33 and **** things up?

The reason the Texans took so long to even get close to credibility is poor management and poor drafting.

They put their eggs in the wrong basket when they selected Carr.

He never grew and developed.

And the Texans replaced the the Oilers, who left Houston for Tennesee.

Point 3 is a pretty fair one.