PDA

View Full Version : New Rasmussen Poll for NH - HOLY SHIT

Ultra Peanut
01-05-2008, 09:50 AM
http://rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/new_hampshire/election_2008_new_hampshire_democratic_primary

Barack Obama 37%
Hillary Clinton 27%
John Edwards 19%
Bill Richardson 8%
Dennis Kucinich 3%
Mike Gravel 1%

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Barack Obama, fresh from his victory in Iowa, now holds a ten point lead over Hillary Clinton in New Hampshire. The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of the race found Obama with 37% of the vote while Clinton earns 27%. John Edwards is the only other candidate in double digits, with 19% support. Bill Richardson is the choice for 8%.

In a pre-Christmas poll, Clinton led Obama by three. In the poll before that, Obama led Clinton by three.

Clinton still leads nationally in the Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll but Rasmussen Markets data suggests the race for the nomination is essentially even.

In New Hampshire, Obama leads Clinton by five points among Democrats and by sixteen points among Independents. The survey indicates that 40% of the voters will be Independents.

Eighty percent (80%) of Obama voters say they are certain they will vote for him. Seventy-three percent (73%) of Clinton voters say the same along with 64% of Edwards supporters.

Eighty-five percent (85%) of Likely Primary Voters have a favorable opinion of Obama. Seventy-eight percent (78%) say the same about Edwards and 69% offer a positive assessment of Clinton.

mlyonsd
01-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Was listening to the news this morning and at a democratic event in NH last night the candidates each got up and gave a speech. The reporter said the Obama supporters were by far the most vocal and boisterous.

Hillary better get the private detectives digging up some dirt quick.

banyon
01-05-2008, 10:00 AM
ABHOR all the way!

(Anybody But Hillary Or a Republican)

Ultra Peanut
01-05-2008, 10:01 AM
Was listening to the news this morning and at a democratic event in NH last night the candidates each got up and gave a speech. The reporter said the Obama supporters were by far the most vocal and boisterous.

Hillary better get the private detectives digging up some dirt quick.Obama just spoke in front of an overflow crowd of 2,000+ in Nashua, NH. It's like this was a shaken-up bottle of coke, and Iowa was someone removing the cap.

mlyonsd
01-05-2008, 10:05 AM
ABHOR all the way!

Funny you'd post that.

My office made a pact Thursday that if Hillary either finished 5% out of first or third in Iowa we'd go out for a beer on Friday to celebrate.

I also brought in Panera ABH bagels yesterday morning. It was a great day.

In case you haven't figured it out she's despised where I work.

banyon
01-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Funny you'd post that.

My office made a pact Thursday that if Hillary either finished 5% out of first or third in Iowa we'd go out for a beer on Friday to celebrate.

I also brought in Panera ABH bagels yesterday morning. It was a great day.

In case you haven't figured it out she's despised where I work.

She wasn't liked by anyone where I used to work either. Where i work now? She's pretty much the devil.

Ultra Peanut
01-05-2008, 10:12 AM
Obama is terrorizing our traffic! :cuss:

http://www.time-blog.com/swampland/2008/01/obama.html

I had planned to attend his rally at 10 a.m. at a Nashua high school, but can't get anywhere near it. Traffic is quite literally backed up for miles. The parking lot was full an hour before the event, and people were standing in line in the snow. Joe is there, so he can tell us what it was like inside.

NewChief
01-05-2008, 10:20 AM
She wasn't liked by anyone where I used to work either. Where i work now? She's pretty much the devil.

That's what I don't get. I don't know anyone that likes her, yet everyone kept saying that she'd run away with the DNC nomination.

Baby Lee
01-05-2008, 10:23 AM
Hillary better get the private detectives digging up some dirt quick.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/the-sturdy-beggars/clinton-aide-accuses-obam_b_79773.html

;)

Baby Lee
01-05-2008, 10:24 AM
Why do all of you hate women?

NewChief
01-05-2008, 10:25 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/the-sturdy-beggars/clinton-aide-accuses-obam_b_79773.html

;)

ROFL

That's awesome.

Mr. Laz
01-05-2008, 10:31 AM
That's what I don't get. I don't know anyone that likes her, yet everyone kept saying that she'd run away with the DNC nomination.
only because people think she is the only Dem that can get elected.

if another candidate shows viable she will drop like Goatse on a sailor.

mlyonsd
01-05-2008, 10:43 AM
only because people think she is the only Dem that can get elected.

What people? I suppose part of it is I'm from the midwest but she's viewed here as the only dem that can lose.

Mr. Laz
01-05-2008, 10:56 AM
What people? I suppose part of it is I'm from the midwest but she's viewed here as the only dem that can lose.
didn't say it was me that thought that

imo the national perception is that she is "the name" and "the favored candidate"

people generally don't want to waste their vote by supporting a candidate that they think is a "loser"

imo if Obama and Edwards show early viability, Clinton will be lucky to beat Bill Richardson.

shite ... if her husband wasn't Bill Clinton should wouldn't even have enough support to run in the first place.

mlyonsd
01-05-2008, 11:01 AM
didn't say it was me that thought that

imo the national perception is that she is "the name" and "the favored candidate"

people generally don't want to waste their vote by supporting a candidate that they think is a "loser"

imo if Obama and Edwards show early viability, Clinton will be lucky to beat Bill Richardson.

shite ... if her husband wasn't Bill Clinton should wouldn't even have enough support to run in the first place.

Agreed.

a1na2
01-05-2008, 11:01 AM
ABHOR all the way!

That tells us all that you don't want the most qualified person as president, only the person that fits your particular box for politicians.

That's truly a shame. We need to vote for the best person to lead the country regardless of party.

My guess is that there could be no democrats running, no independents and no other candidates outside of republicans and you would not be voting.

Mr. Laz
01-05-2008, 11:04 AM
only the person that fits your particular box for politicians.
wow ..... pot meet kettle

a1na2
01-05-2008, 11:56 AM
wow ..... pot meet kettle

Laz, that is just stupid. I've never voted a purely republican ticket in my life. I have always voted for the person that convinced me that they were the best for the job. Now I'm ashamed to say that I voted for Jimmy Carter when he ran, he obviously was not the man for the job.

You need to wake up and understand that your opinion is not really correct even 50% of the time.

Mr. Laz
01-05-2008, 12:01 PM
Laz, that is just stupid. I've never voted a purely republican ticket in my life. I have always voted for the person that convinced me that they were the best for the job. Now I'm ashamed to say that I voted for Jimmy Carter when he ran, he obviously was not the man for the job.

You need to wake up and understand that your opinion is not really correct even 50% of the time.
you're name is - Tommie Cash - isn't it?

a1na2
01-05-2008, 12:30 PM
you're name is - Tommie Cash - isn't it?

Your name is asshole isn't it?

Mr. Laz
01-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Your name is asshole isn't it?
i was a little too close to home, i guess. ROFL

Cochise
01-05-2008, 02:42 PM
I was listening to a replay of Limbaugh late last night in the car, and he was talking about Hillary's 'victory' party in Iowa the other night, and made some interesting points.

Basically, you had Obama go out there smartly as soon as the evening news started so they could all switch into it live and go out there saying some stuff you could construe as landmark conservative stuff, like how this country is made great by ordinary people doing extraordinary things - kind of remarkable for the party that markets government as the solution to all our problems.

But more interesting was Hillary going up there and saying "We did this, we did that"... that we realized that we want a Democrat in the White House, saying all this stuff identifying her as the Democrat, implication being IMO the 'real' Democrat. She acted like she'd won.

And she had all these relics on stage like Bill Clinton and Chelsea and Madeline Albright and some other cronies... just looking like nostalgia from a bygone era, and pointing out that this was for an egoist like Hillary Clinton probably the worst day of her life, because having never faced a challenge at the ballot box before it was the first time she'd been rejected wholesale by the public - 70% of Iowa decided they didn't want to vote for her.

It's remarkable because the Clintons have always been good at winning elections, both for themselves and people they exerted themselves for, and this was the first time they'd been defeated in who knows how long. Decades.

Come what may, at least it's looking like they are finally going to at least go away.

I can't help but wonder if she'll retire from the Senate too, since that was obviously just a ploy to position her for the White House.

patteeu
01-05-2008, 04:32 PM
i was a little too close to home, i guess. ROFL

Everyone knows who he is and if you leave him alone he gets along mostly fine these days. If you don't like the things he says, just ignore him but please don't taunt him just because of his history.

Ultra Peanut
01-05-2008, 10:27 PM
More skulls for the skull throne.

Bill Bradley to Back Barack Obama
January 5, 2008 11:54 PM

ABC News' Karen Travers Reports: Former Sen. Bill Bradley will endorse Sen. Barack Obama in New Hampshire on Monday, ABC News has learned.

A source close to the senator said that he has waited until now to endorse because he wanted to give former Sen. John Edwards a shot in Iowa first.

Bradley is a former Democratic senator from New Jersey and ran for his party's nomination in 2000, losing to former Vice President Al Gore.

banyon
01-05-2008, 10:28 PM
Everyone knows who he is and if you leave him alone he gets along mostly fine these days. If you don't like the things he says, just ignore him but please don't taunt him just because of his history.

CPiggy helped a lot I think.

a1na2
01-06-2008, 07:09 AM
CPiggy helped a lot I think.

Actually no. The existing ignore function on the board is what does it.

Thanks for reminding me, you go back on.

Ultra Peanut
01-06-2008, 07:21 AM
gtfo

Ugly Duck
01-06-2008, 09:14 AM

Thats exactly right - just like there's no way Pinhead would be "president" right now if his daddy wasn't a former President of the United States. Its also the reason why I hope she gets in. Like Bozo, she would only be "president" and Bill would be the power behind the scenes. We gotta get some brains running the country again, this Republican experiment of having slopeheaded droolers run things has been a disaster.

Iowanian
01-06-2008, 09:20 AM
I wonder if he'll be doing so well after Hillary gets desparate and breaks out the photos of him snorting Coke off of a dead Hooker's back?

Oprah won't let Harpo lose.....she'll just tell everyone in Oct-Nov that their book of the month assignment is to elect Harpobama.