PDA

View Full Version : The Obama effect!

Frankie
01-05-2008, 10:42 AM
This is just something cute I felt I'd share. My Iranian-American friends are predominantly Dems. The one couple who has been voting mostly Republican have a very sharp 5 year old son. He asked me the other night who I was voting for. I said Biden, and then asked who he was voting for. His answer:
"Rocky Mama."

Ugly Duck
01-05-2008, 08:36 PM
I have a relative who has always been totally gung-ho for every Republican candidate since the early 60s. Has never, ever voted for a Democrat. I mean, this guy volunteered for Vietnam then came back and became an LA cop forever & is just about as right-wing as they come. He recently said that whoever gets the Democratic nomination will get his vote. I tell ya - hell just froze over. Says the Republicans are just too incompetent to run the country. Would rather have competent execution of someone else's ideology than disastrous, incompetent failure to execute his own. The whole family is fuggin shocked....

KILLER_CLOWN
01-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Too bad we can't get any real changes. Paul or Gravel would be earthshakers. ;)

StcChief
01-06-2008, 11:27 AM
I have a relative who has always been totally gung-ho for every Republican candidate since the early 60s. Has never, ever voted for a Democrat. I mean, this guy volunteered for Vietnam then came back and became an LA cop forever & is just about as right-wing as they come. He recently said that whoever gets the Democratic nomination will get his vote. I tell ya - hell just froze over. Says the Republicans are just too incompetent to run the country. Would rather have competent execution of someone else's ideology than disastrous, incompetent failure to execute his own. The whole family is fuggin shocked....
The LA Smog got to his brain.

Hydrae
01-06-2008, 11:58 AM

It goes both ways too. I know a couple, he was a warhawk (was involved in GW1), she is a lifelong dem (60 years old, grew up in a family of activists in Birmingham during the 50-60's). He is now against the war and a big Ron Paul supporter. They both voted for Kinky Friedman for governor here in Texas, the first time she has voted anything other than straight dem in her life and she has never missed a vote while living in this country (lived in Germany for 2 years while husband was posted there).

It is absolutely amazing to me how disaffected the populous of this country is. If things are so great here that we are disseminating our way of life to the rest of the world you would think people would be happier with the status quo. :shrug:

Ugly Duck
01-07-2008, 12:09 AM
It goes both ways too. I know a couple, he was a warhawk (was involved in GW1), she is a lifelong dem (60 years old, grew up in a family of activists in Birmingham during the 50-60's). He is now against the war and a big Ron Paul supporter. They both voted for Kinky Friedman for governor here in Texas, the first time she has voted anything other than straight dem in her life and she has never missed a vote while living in this country (lived in Germany for 2 years while husband was posted there).

It is absolutely amazing to me how disaffected the populous of this country is. If things are so great here that we are disseminating our way of life to the rest of the world you would think people would be happier with the status quo. :shrug:

I can see that - Ron Paul is the best dang Republican in the running.