PDA

View Full Version : Final thoughts on a crappy season

kcsports
01-05-2008, 03:12 PM
and the future. I know some of you enjoy telling how much my blog sucks, but as long as some of you keep clicking and saying you enjoy it, I'll keep posting them. Thanks...

http://kcsportsreport.blogspot.com/2008/01/season-wed-better-remember.html

boogblaster
01-05-2008, 03:38 PM
SHIT.... SHIT .... SHITTY ......

blueballs
01-05-2008, 03:41 PM
not going to visit but
this season has one slim hope left for Chief fans
http://www.profootballhof.com/

FAX
01-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Not a bad article, Mr. kcsports. Not bad at all. The only thing I would argue with is your position on Croyle. I'm wondering what you've seen/not seen that leads you to your conclusions.

FAX

Reerun_KC
01-05-2008, 05:21 PM
Final thoughts?

Thanks Herm you havent let me down yet, You have the Chiefs right were I figured you would....

You cant be gone fast enough.l

TEX
01-05-2008, 05:26 PM
This was a WASTED season as we backed into a rebuild job. We have the SAME questions now, and more, as we did going into last year. And, we're counting on the same two clowns to rebuild the Chiefs that didn't have the courage to do it BEFORE this season. The Chiefs have become what I thought they would the second I heard that Herm was named HC.We're more than half way through the "Herm Era" which can't end soon enough IMO.

BTW - I agree with your take that starting Croyle next year will mean another long season. IMO, he has shown nothing to warrent handing him the job without earning it in preseason.

doomy3
01-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Carl Sucks and Herm SUCKS WORSE. The Chiefs have become what I thought they would the second I heard that Herm was named HC.

Who did you want?? Al Sunders?

TEX
01-05-2008, 05:37 PM

No, he was not my 1st choice, he was more like my 4th, but he would have been better than Herm IMO. Herm's a pretty sorry coach. I wanted Mike McCarthy, Sean Payton, or Gary Kubiak. I said as much at the time.

Oh - if you're asking me who I wanted once it was apparant that AS and Herm were the only choices, I was in the AS camp. And once Herm was named HC, I certainly wanted AS for an OC.

doomy3
01-05-2008, 05:55 PM
No, but he would have been better than Herm IMO. Herm's a pretty sorry coach. I wanted Mike McCarthy, Sean Payton, or Gary Kubiak. I said as much at the time.

You actually said at the time, you wanted Mike McCarthy or Sean Payton? I don't remember ANYONE saying that.

There were a lot of Saunders and Jeff Fischer people though.

TEX
01-05-2008, 06:35 PM
You actually said at the time, you wanted Mike McCarthy or Sean Payton? I don't remember ANYONE saying that.

There were a lot of Saunders and Jeff Fischer people though.

Yep. I said it very early on. Actually I was saying it going into the season because of DV's situation. I figured we might have had a real shot at McCarthy too because of his past ties to the area and to the Chiefs. But, it looks like he's another former Chiefs coach that is better than the current one.

MichaelH
01-05-2008, 06:47 PM

Anyone could be better than Herm the worm. Hell, the offense was better with Gunther as HC.
ROFL

Bane
01-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Well dont worry Carl says we have a plan and it in in place.Im not sure why we didnt put this plan into play 15 years ago,but what the hell.

KC Tattoo
01-05-2008, 07:47 PM
We go two decades with out letting a young QB take a start and be our future QB. We had prety good O-lines during that same time frame. Untill now that is. Now we put a young QB behind the worst O-line possiable, and expect him to go have success. Brodie's only good WR is was a rookie, his other options at WR were Sammie Parker or Jeff Webb. Tony Gonzo was a stud TE as usual but still teams did not forget that either and game planned for him. For a first year starting QB he has a rookie RB, the RB did a good job but eh not much more he could do with K. Wilson or Boomer Grigsby lead blocking. Oh then Kolby gets hurt in the last game so (who is) RB Battle?

The worst was the O-line not blocking period for most of any game all season long giving the QB vurtual no chance for success. So basically we are grooming a QB behind the worse O-line with little or no help from the rest of the team and yet Brodie doesn't complain he accepts it and puts it all on his shoulders. Brodie never made any excuses at all this year. Brodie took some heavy shots, sacks and got back up for another down. He did not take himself out of the Raiders game even though he was in obvious pain due to a KNEE in the back.

I would really like to trade for the Pats O-line and give them ours, and see if Brady can still put up the numbers that he did this year. My guess probly not. I'd like to give him Parker or Webb for his second WRs he can keep Moss cus I like D Bowe better but get my point?

Let's not give a first year starting QB a O-line that gives him an ounce of protection. Let's let his first start go against the defending Champions the Colts on the road. Let's judge him by the way everyone around him played. Let's not give him any play calling help. Let's be predictable on the play calling by doing the same things all day long. Let's not give a first year starting QB anything that a veteran would have at his disposal for success. LET'S PUT THE WORSE POSSIABLE O-LINE for a FIRST YEAR STARTING QB and he better not make any DAMN mistakes or throw INTS that first year QBs do.

KC Tattoo
01-05-2008, 10:23 PM
We go two decades with out letting a young QB take a start and be our future QB. We had prety good O-lines during that same time frame. Untill now that is. Now we put a young QB behind the worst O-line possiable, and expect him to go have success. Brodie's only good WR is was a rookie, his other options at WR were Sammie Parker or Jeff Webb. Tony Gonzo was a stud TE as usual but still teams did not forget that either and game planned for him. For a first year starting QB he has a rookie RB, the RB did a good job but eh not much more he could do with K. Wilson or Boomer Grigsby lead blocking. Oh then Kolby gets hurt in the last game so (who is) RB Battle?

The worst was the O-line not blocking period for most of any game all season long giving the QB vurtual no chance for success. So basically we are grooming a QB behind the worse O-line with little or no help from the rest of the team and yet Brodie doesn't complain he accepts it and puts it all on his shoulders. Brodie never made any excuses at all this year. Brodie took some heavy shots, sacks and got back up for another down. He did not take himself out of the Raiders game even though he was in obvious pain due to a KNEE in the back.

I would really like to trade for the Pats O-line and give them ours, and see if Brady can still put up the numbers that he did this year. My guess probly not. I'd like to give him Parker or Webb for his second WRs he can keep Moss cus I like D Bowe better but get my point?

Let's not give a first year starting QB a O-line that gives him an ounce of protection. Let's let his first start go against the defending Champions the Colts on the road. Let's judge him by the way everyone around him played. Let's not give him any play calling help. Let's be predictable on the play calling by doing the same things all day long. Let's not give a first year starting QB anything that a veteran would have at his disposal for success. LET'S PUT THE WORSE POSSIABLE O-LINE for a FIRST YEAR STARTING QB and he better not make any DAMN mistakes or throw INTS that first year QBs do.

Am I right? Come on lets throw a first year starting QB out there behind the most pathetic O-line in the NFL and let him go be successfull and not make mistakes and be able to learn from them. Let's put a 11 year career back up QB and start him with the most pathetic bunch of pretend blockers, lets see how good he does. Let's not give a QB a team around him so he can be successfull.

TEX
01-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Am I right? Come on lets throw a first year starting QB out there behind the most pathetic O-line in the NFL and let him go be successfull and not make mistakes and be able to learn from them. Let's put a 11 year career back up QB and start him with the most pathetic bunch of pretend blockers, lets see how good he does. Let's not give a QB a team around him so he can be successfull.

I hear ya in that Croyle didn't learn a thing. Sad thing is the career-backup looked better. The Chiefs blew that whole deal about as bad as they could. :shake:

KC Tattoo
01-05-2008, 10:57 PM
I hear ya in that Croyle didn't learn a thing. Sad thing is the career-backup looked better. The Chiefs blew that whole deal about as bad as they could. :shake:

Six games to learn from? He did not throw an INT against the Jets in his last game so I would think that he did learn. How many Defenses has he gone against? Six, how many teams do we play in a season? 16. I say Brodie still has a lot to learn but so would any young QB trying to make a go in the NFL and especially with this pathetic O-line that he had. Brodie showed that he has the tools but still needs to learn the game. He can do that this offseason by watching film and practice with his teammates like D Bowe. Having time in the pocket like most good teams have would help him alot going forward.

milkman
01-05-2008, 11:00 PM
Six games to learn from? He did not throw an INT against the Jets in his last game so I would think that he did learn. How many Defenses has he gone against? Six, how many teams do we play in a season? 16. I say Brodie still has a lot to learn but so would any young QB trying to make a go in the NFL and especially with this pathetic O-line that he had. Brodie showed that he has the tools but still needs to learn the game. He can do that this offseason by watching film and practice with his teammates like D Bowe. Having time in the pocket like most good teams have would help him alot going forward.

I just have to ask.

Are you related to Brodie?

doomy3
01-05-2008, 11:03 PM
I just have to ask.

this brings up something I was wondering. Are you related to the other Mr. Flopnuts?

milkman
01-05-2008, 11:04 PM
this brings up something I was wondering. Are you related to the other Mr. Flopnuts?

Duh.....

doomy3
01-05-2008, 11:06 PM
Duh.....

ROFL Gotcha

MadMax
Well dont worry Carl says we have a plan and it in in place.Im not sure why we didnt put this plan into play 15 years ago,but what the hell.

Because his little plan was hiding inside a little can....Ask Fax he knows about it...:) Apparently the braintrust at 1 Arrowhead drive just now figured out how to open it. :p

crossbow

Maybe it is a "secret" plan. It was being protected all these years from other teams that would copy it and then take credit from Carl.

MadMax
01-05-2008, 11:08 PM
Duh.....

You da baby daddy?

MadMax
01-05-2008, 11:09 PM
Maybe it is a "secret" plan. It was being protected all these years from other teams that would copy it and then take credit from Carl.

I KNEW IT!!! It's a freakin conspiracy.. :hmmm:

TEX
01-05-2008, 11:09 PM

IMO, Brodie looked as lost as he did in preseason. No touch, no accuracy, no pocket presence, locks on to one reciever, etc... To me he looks like anything but a legit QBOTF. Now, I'll acknowledge that he no doubt suffered because of the twisted pile $hit O-line he had & poor coaching, but he also got hurt in limited action which shouldn't be discounted.

This is all just my opinion.

Deberg_1990
01-05-2008, 11:11 PM
We go two decades with out letting a young QB take a start and be our future QB. .

Not entirely true.

Grbac was relatively young when he came to KC. 26 or 27?

He also did not really have much starting experience when he came to the Chiefs.

He developed (if you can call it that?) while he was in KC.

milkman
01-05-2008, 11:13 PM
Not entirely true.

Grbac was relatively young when he came to KC. 26 or 27?

He also did not really have much starting experience when he came to the Chiefs.

His mangina developed (if you can call it that?) while he was in KC.

FYP

FAX
01-05-2008, 11:16 PM

Those were his first (1st) starts in the NFL, Mr. TEX. Temper justice with mercy.

Even the great Sammy Baugh went 9 of 16 for 91 yards and 2 interceptions against the Bears in the 1940 championship game, got his ass benched, and wound up losing 73 to 0. The truth is that Sammy didn't come into his own until the Skins started using the power T and he could play his game. In other words, they redesigned the offense around Sammy. The same thing is happening here.

Think about it. Baugh starts with a B. Brodie starts with a B. Baugh played for a team named after Indians. Brodie plays for a team named after Indians. Baugh is a word that sounds like you're choking on a piece of meat. Croyle is a word that sounds like you're sick with fever. Baugh has 5 letters. Croyle has 6 letters, but one of them is silent. I don't think it's coincidence.

FAX

doomy3
01-05-2008, 11:19 PM
Those were his first (1st) starts in the NFL, Mr. TEX. Temper justice with mercy.

Even the great Sammy Baugh went 9 of 16 for 91 yards and 2 interceptions against the Bears in the 1940 championship game, got his ass benched, and wound up losing 73 to 0. The truth is that Sammy didn't come into his own until the Skins started using the power T and he could play his game. In other words, they redesigned the offense around Sammy. The same thing is happening here.

Think about it. Baugh starts with a B. Brodie starts with a B. Baugh played for a team named after Indians. Brodie plays for a team named after Indians. Baugh is a word that sounds like you're choking on a piece of meat. Croyle is a word that sounds like you're sick with fever. Baugh has 5 letters. Croyle has 6 letters, but one of them is silent. I don't think it's coincidence.

FAX

You're about to get a post from TEX about his hatred for Herm FYI.

I think Herm ****ed his mother.

Deberg_1990
01-05-2008, 11:20 PM
FYP

Cant argue with that! :)

stonedstooge
01-05-2008, 11:29 PM
I would like to see Brodie win a game and have a good game to see how he reacts. Sometimes it only takes that one time to put a player over the hump. Success breeds success. And I know that Huard was probably not the best to be starting but I tell you what, he took some hellish shots and I never heard him blame or complain and talked only about trying to better his own abilitiies. I don't think he deserves the critical comments because he took it like a man. He's a backup quarterback and I don't think that he ever thought that he was more than that himself. The man did the best he could and didn't complain a bit. That's pretty classy in my book. Plus he had to listen to Herm all of the time. That to me would want you to eat a 45 slug listening to some idiot that has no idea how to coach. They ought to be giving him a purple heart.

KC Tattoo
01-05-2008, 11:38 PM
IMO, Brodie looked as lost as he did in preseason. No touch, no accuracy, no pocket presence, locks on to one reciever, etc... To me he looks like anything but a legit QBOTF. Now, I'll acknowledge that he no doubt suffered because of the twisted pile $hit O-line he had & poor coaching, but he also got hurt in limited action which shouldn't be discounted.

This is all just my opinion.

Some of those things he can work on this offseason. Brodie is a competiter and wants to be a winner. He will work on those things and make himself a better QB going forward. The problem I see the most is Dick Curl. I honestly think that Dick is not a QB coach, he is like a father figure maybe but I don't see how he helps QBs learn. So I saw Huard make some of those mistakes locking onto recievers too.

Brodie did show accuracy on some throws but some of them were just him making young QB mistakes he can learn from them.

I don't quite discount the injuries, he still took some heavy shots and showed that he can get right back up and play football. His hand injury was a fluke imo & he took a knee in the back witch limited his abuility to move around but he did not take himself out of the game so he is a gamer. I'm gonna like Brodie going into the 08 season and hope for the best and think he is going to do a good job provided he gets help from his teammates mostly on the O-line part. I am not going to change my mind about him cus he just did not have a chance for success this year. I can accept another year of development and maybe another year of high draft picks so that we become a domminant team after Herm & Carl is gone. I do think that Brodie can make a good QB for us but needs help and needs a full season under his belt. There is no guarentee in the NFL no matter who we get for QB in the draft this year or next year. There is no guarentee for any player to have a long fruitfull career no matter what kind of injury history they have.

TEX
01-05-2008, 11:43 PM

FAX

Well, when you put it that way... :hmmm:

TEX
01-05-2008, 11:45 PM
Some of those things he can work on this offseason. Brodie is a competiter and wants to be a winner. He will work on those things and make himself a better QB going forward. The problem I see the most is Dick Curl. I honestly think that Dick is not a QB coach, he is like a father figure maybe but I don't see how he helps QBs learn. So I saw Huard make some of those mistakes locking onto recievers too.

Brodie did show accuracy on some throws but some of them were just him making young QB mistakes he can learn from them.

I don't quite discount the injuries, he still took some heavy shots and showed that he can get right back up and play football. His hand injury was a fluke imo & he took a knee in the back witch limited his abuility to move around but he did not take himself out of the game so he is a gamer. I'm gonna like Brodie going into the 08 season and hope for the best and think he is going to do a good job provided he gets help from his teammates mostly on the O-line part. I am not going to change my mind about him cus he just did not have a chance for success this year. I can accept another year of development and maybe another year of high draft picks so that we become a domminant team after Herm & Carl is gone. I do think that Brodie can make a good QB for us but needs help and needs a full season under his belt. There is no guarentee in the NFL no matter who we get for QB in the draft this year or next year. There is no guarentee for any player to have a long fruitfull career no matter what kind of injury history they have.

Well you have your opinion about him and I have mine. I hope you're right.

KC Tattoo
01-05-2008, 11:45 PM
I just have to ask.

No, just think he is going to be a great QB someday and hope that is with the Chiefs. And he has a hot wife. :drool:

milkman
01-05-2008, 11:46 PM

Oh come on.

We all know Herman ****ing Edwards can't score.

TEX
01-05-2008, 11:47 PM

Pretty classless dip$hit. Can we leave the mom's out of it?

TEX
01-05-2008, 11:51 PM
I would like to see Brodie win a game and have a good game to see how he reacts. Sometimes it only takes that one time to put a player over the hump. Success breeds success. And I know that Huard was probably not the best to be starting but I tell you what, he took some hellish shots and I never heard him blame or complain and talked only about trying to better his own abilitiies. I don't think he deserves the critical comments because he took it like a man. He's a backup quarterback and I don't think that he ever thought that he was more than that himself. The man did the best he could and didn't complain a bit. That's pretty classy in my book. Plus he had to listen to Herm all of the time. That to me would want you to eat a 45 slug listening to some idiot that has no idea how to coach. They ought to be giving him a purple heart.

Yep. That's pretty much how I see it too.

doomy3
01-05-2008, 11:51 PM
Pretty classless dip$hit. Can we leave the mom's out of it? Loser.

So sorry to offend you. If there is anyone that represents class, it would be you.

KC Tattoo
01-06-2008, 12:02 AM
Well you have your opinion about him and I have mine. I hope you're right.

I respect your opinion and hope in regard you are wrong about Brodie, you may be right about him too. We really don't know how well Brodie will respond next year cus we don't know what kind of team it will be. Figuring that Herm is still an idiot with a Dick QB coach Brodie may be just doomed to fail. It's too bad though cus he has the tallent and he is a competiter with heart he showed that he can get over injuries and take hits and still compete.