Yeah!

Jan 07
The Tonight Show with Jay Leno
NBC
Check local tv listings

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Cochise
01-05-2008, 04:12 PM
That's a good get... and I don't want to seem like I'm dumping on it or anything, but does the program air at 11:30 on the east coast? I think a lot of people might be in bed by then, especially on a weeknight.

Taco John
01-05-2008, 04:14 PM
That's a good get... and I don't want to seem like I'm dumping on it or anything, but does the program air at 11:30 on the east coast? I think a lot of people might be in bed by then, especially on a weeknight.

They said the same thing about Huckabee the night before the Iowa Primary. A lot of folks think that performance helped him. Who knows? All I know is that Leno has a large audience of Americans and that it isn't going to hurt to be on his show, whether it matters in NH or not.

patteeu
01-05-2008, 05:38 PM
At one time, Ron Paul was a trendsetter, launching successful internet-based moneybombs. Now he's just another copycat.

BucEyedPea
01-05-2008, 10:06 PM
People go to bed by then on the East Coast.
You midwesterners get your evening news nice and early...at 10:00. I'm so jealous!

KILLER_CLOWN
01-05-2008, 10:09 PM
At one time, Ron Paul was a trendsetter, launching successful internet-based moneybombs. Now he's just another copycat.

Pat, i don't think it's a ploy RP will take any opportunity to get the message out. I don't think he stays up all night looking for anything another candidate does to make sure he copies it.

BucEyedPea
01-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Pat, i don't think it's a ploy RP will take any opportunity to get the message out. I don't think he stays up all night looking for anything another candidate does to make sure he copies it.
Actually, all the top tier guys, supposedly, have sounded more like Paul as time as gone on with the exception of Huckabee. They've all tried some of the same things Paul's folks have tried with net fundraising and naming them after Historical Events.

Yup! Ron is the real trendsetter! :thumb:

Iowanian
01-06-2008, 10:35 AM
I hope Jay asks him about his exerpiences with the underpants gnomes.

wazu
01-07-2008, 10:36 PM
Paul got top billing. Last time we had to suffer through a Tom Cruise interview before he was on. Hopefully this means he's the first guest.

wazu
01-07-2008, 11:16 PM
Wow! Jay Leno was crusading tonight! Take that Fox News!

The first segment was a little choppy. Paul seemed to be trying to keep it too surface. The second segment Leno got him redirected and made him go deeper on the issues and it was classic Paul. Great interview! Definitely worth every bit of Paul missing the debate.

Silock
01-07-2008, 11:23 PM
Yup. First part sucked, but the second part where he got into WHY you should vote for him was great.

Chocolate Hog
01-07-2008, 11:26 PM

Huckabee has been pimping the idea of getting rid of the IRS recently Paul was sayin that back in May. I guess it's even now.

wazu
01-07-2008, 11:28 PM
Huckabee has been pimping the idea of getting rid of the IRS recently Paul was sayin that back in May. I guess it's even now.

Yeah, difference is Paul has a very logical, reasonable plan to get rid of the IRS, and the income tax, and replace them with nothing. (As per my sig.)

Honestly, getting rid of the income tax with no replacement would be much easier than implementing the Fair Tax. Don't get me wrong, I'll take the Fair Tax if Mike Huckabee could pull it off, but everybody including him knows he won't.

patteeu
01-07-2008, 11:36 PM

Paul's been calling for getting rid of the IRS for a lot longer than that and Huckabee embraced the FAIR Tax (which includes the repeal of the income tax) quite a while ago.

patteeu
01-07-2008, 11:38 PM
Yeah, difference is Paul has a very logical, reasonable plan to get rid of the IRS, and the income tax, and replace them with nothing. (As per my sig.)

Honestly, getting rid of the income tax with no replacement would be much easier than implementing the Fair Tax. Don't get me wrong, I'll take the Fair Tax if Mike Huckabee could pull it off, but everybody including him knows he won't.

I don't see that as a difference. The FAIR tax people have just as much of a "logical, reasonable plan" as Ron Paul does. And neither of them have any hope of getting their plans implemented.

I'm with you though, I'd be happy with either of their plans if they could pull it off.

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2008, 08:00 AM
I was too busy watching the SEC beat up the little eleven to catch Leno.

Cochise
01-08-2008, 08:32 AM
I was too busy watching the SEC beat up the little eleven to catch Leno.

I forgot about this opposing the national championship game.

Flustrated
01-08-2008, 08:41 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r-fwEAf6M1U&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r-fwEAf6M1U&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eLOGak7mYxE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eLOGak7mYxE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>