PDA

View Full Version : Romney is such a whiney bitch

dirk digler
01-05-2008, 07:16 PM
LMAO

Anyone watching him cry and whine about being a flip flopper?

This is hilarious.

Sully
01-05-2008, 07:22 PM
He's getting owned here.

I will say Fred, though he only looks hal interested in being there, has taken some decent shots at the others.
He reminds me of me, sitting at a bar, and snarking at comments that everyone else makes...Not really adding anything, just shooting down others' comments.

Sully
01-05-2008, 07:24 PM
FOr the second time now, Romney seems like the kiss ass every kid had in class.

First was when he asked everyone to stop making fun of the drug companies, now it's to "underscore" that legal immigration is valued. Message may be decent, but he comes across as a douche when he does it.

HolmeZz
01-05-2008, 07:25 PM
CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE

recxjake
01-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Romney is a JOKE

dirk digler
LMAO

McCain calls him the candidate of "change"

Plus any candidate defending the prescription drug companies really isn't qualified to be President

dirk digler
Romney is a JOKE

Rudy is doing very good tonight

patteeu
01-05-2008, 10:25 PM
I thought Romney did fine. It's pretty obvious who the other candidates think they have to beat.

dirk digler
01-05-2008, 10:31 PM
I thought Romney did fine. It's pretty obvious who the other candidates think they have to beat.

LMAO

Only you would. He looked he was about to cry. "Please Please stop being so mean to me because I flip flop on everything"

patteeu
01-05-2008, 10:50 PM
LMAO

Only you would. He looked he was about to cry. "Please Please stop being so mean to me because I flip flop on everything"

Cry? Are you serious? :spock: You can't be serious.

I had to leave midway through the debate so I missed whatever was said about healthcare, but I saw the first 30 or 40 minutes or so and the last 15 and I didn't see anything like what you're describing. The only awkward moment for him that I saw was when Huckabee made his "which one" comment, but I didn't see it as any kind of knock-out-blow-level gotcha moment or anything. McCain also got a zinger about being a flip flopper in, but Romney handled that one better. I thought Romney did pretty well in his foreign policy debate with Paul (as did all 4 of the other candidates) and I thought Romney came off pretty good in his immigration debate with McCain.

Edit: But don't get me wrong. I don't think this was necessarily Romney's best performance. I think Rudy and Thompson came off the best tonight. I just think your over-the-top critique is laughable.

HolmeZz
01-05-2008, 10:55 PM
Nah, Romney looked pretty bad. He got tag teamed. Even Huckabee was getting shots in.

Ultra Peanut
01-05-2008, 10:55 PM
CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE CHANGEPS I AM AN AGENT OF CHANGE

ALSO EXPERIENCE AND THIRTY-FIVE YEARS OF IT MY HUSBAND WAS AWESOME DID YOU SEE HOW HE FIXED THE ECONOMY

PPS HE WILL BE WITH ME IN THE WHITE HOUSE

PPPPPPPPPPPPS CHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNGE

HolmeZz
01-05-2008, 10:59 PM
PS I AM AN AGENT OF CHANGE

ALSO EXPERIENCE AND THIRTY-FIVE YEARS OF IT MY HUSBAND WAS AWESOME DID YOU SEE HOW HE FIXED THE ECONOMY

PPS HE WILL BE WITH ME IN THE WHITE HOUSE

PPPPPPPPPPPPS CHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNGE

It works for Hillary too, but I was actually mocking Romney at the time. I couldn't count how many times he used the word 'change' tonight. He and Hillary are a little late to that bandwagon.

Ultra Peanut
01-05-2008, 11:02 PM
Romney painting himself as a "change candidate" is ****ing hilarious. After Iowa, the Romney clan was going around smiling and talking about how great it was that the people of Iowa had seen the light. LMAO

dirk digler
01-05-2008, 11:43 PM
Cry? Are you serious? :spock: You can't be serious.

I had to leave midway through the debate so I missed whatever was said about healthcare, but I saw the first 30 or 40 minutes or so and the last 15 and I didn't see anything like what you're describing. The only awkward moment for him that I saw was when Huckabee made his "which one" comment, but I didn't see it as any kind of knock-out-blow-level gotcha moment or anything. McCain also got a zinger about being a flip flopper in, but Romney handled that one better. I thought Romney did pretty well in his foreign policy debate with Paul (as did all 4 of the other candidates) and I thought Romney came off pretty good in his immigration debate with McCain.

Edit: But don't get me wrong. I don't think this was necessarily Romney's best performance. I think Rudy and Thompson came off the best tonight. I just think your over-the-top critique is laughable.

I honestly thought he was going to start to cry. He was getting pummeled by everyone because no one likes the prick.

Paul was clearly outclassed by the rest of the candidates but the real loser is Romney. I bet he drops alot after this performance.

Rivals pile on Romney

By: Jonathan Martin
Jan 5, 2008 10:23 PM EST

MANCHESTER, N.H. — For months, there has been an open secret among insiders working in or covering the 2008 Republican campaign: The rival candidates despise Mitt Romney.

After Saturday night in New Hampshire, it's no longer a secret. The contempt was obvious, and relentless. And it was harnessed for clear strategic purposes at the debate. Everyone — even candidates who don’t seem to be in the center of the New Hampshire action — felt it was in their interest to pile on the former Massachusetts governor.

Romney may have been knocked from front-runner status in Iowa, but this night he was at the center — of a rhetorical firing squad. Four of Romney’s Republican opponents joined together to put him through a grueling evening, taking turns offering derisive quips and questions about his authenticity and throwing him on the defensive at a critical moment for his campaign.

A mantra of flip-flopping, which has haunted Romney for months, was the central theme. “Which one?” taunted Mike Huckabee when Romney told him to stop mischaracterizing his positions.

John McCain said Romney could spend his entire fortune on negative ads but they still wouldn't be true, and chortled that Romney's shifting positions prove he is this year's "candidate of change."

Rudy Giuliani joined in, saying that even Ronald Reagan would "be in one of Mitt's negative commercials" for his position on immigration.

The political calculation was clear: All the candidates see an opportunity to knock Romney out of the race. But it was equally obvious the relish they brought to the task: Romney is personally unpopular among his rivals — regarded simultaneously as an attack dog, a pretty boy and an opportunist.

Aides and advisers to the rest of the field reveled after the forum, delighted to see the subject of their loathing get his.

In person and via e-mail, they collectively said the same thing: about time.

Romney responded to the onslaught with a prickly demeanor that seemed unlikely to help his prospects of a comeback next Tuesday. His own aides said there was a compliment buried in the barrage of criticism: He was the focus of the debate and so had the most opportunity to make his points and frame the evening.

Said spokesman Kevin Madden: “I think the attacks were indicative of candidates who are without the firepower to fight the governor on ideas and issues and instead let their emotions get the best of them.”

But the blows were so steady and so bruising that Romney was unable to really delve into his newly-fashioned message that he is the true Washington outsider in the race who can deliver change until over an hour into the forum.

While the entire field joined in the Romney bash-fest, McCain, who was crowned New Hampshire front-runner by two new polls released Saturday night, seemed to take special pleasure. He had clearly had been primed to deliver a series of powerhouse verbal shots.

There were three crushing lines, all delivered with a smile.

“We disagree on many things,” McCain deadpanned to Romney at one point. “But you are the candidate of change.”

Earlier, during a back and forth on immigration, McCain unleashed this beauty: “You can spend your whole fortune on these attack ads but it still won't be true."

Then, after Romney responded to a slap at Fred Thompson, McCain joyfully interjected that, “When you change your position from time to time, you do get things wrong.”

But McCain hardly had a monopoly on enmity toward Romney. Huckabee was the second most prolific. He and Romney went at it in the early going of the forum, with Huckabee going through a litany of opposition research to counter Romney’s attack on his critique of the Bush administration’s foreign policy in Foreign Affairs magazine.

Thompson also joined the fun. When Romney cited the sort of health care mandates he supports, Thompson cracked: "The ones you come up with."

That launched Romney into a defense of his Massachusetts proposal, now in effect, and his campaign proposal.

Which only brought more venom.

"Your state plan, which is of course different from your national plan," Thompson observed sarcastically.

This prompted recognizable laughter from a fourth candidate on stage who has also locked horns with Romney: Rudy Giuliani.

Combined it was a brutal gang attack, the likes of which have been unseen in any previous debate.

And it couldn’t have come at a worse time for Romney. With two new New Hampshire polls out showing him now down 6 points in this critical state, he needed to set himself apart tonight.

He had hoped to sound his outsider message and discuss his private sector credentials.

Instead he looked rattled at times, unprepared for the waves of attacks.

After McCain’s final salvo, he seemed to plead for mercy: “The continued personal barbs are interesting but unnecessary.”

He has another chance in tomorrow’s Fox debate, but this Saturday night fight left him bruised and battered.

Logical
01-05-2008, 11:50 PM
I know I could never vote for the whiney bitch now that I have heard him debate. If ever I witnessed a Republican that is a pussy it is Romney. I know that Romney or Fred running would be disatrous for the Republican party. On the other hand Rudy being President is possibly the only candidate that would be worse for our country than GW Bush, I tell you he is the American Mussolini.

patteeu
01-06-2008, 12:30 AM
...I tell you he is the American Mussolini.

That's really original. :rolleyes:

Taco John
01-06-2008, 12:45 AM
Benito Giuliani would be a disaster. He wouldn't fight against the fascistic national REAL ID card. In fact, forcing it on everyone is part of his platform.

Logical
01-06-2008, 01:08 AM
That's really original. :rolleyes:Well I have said it before, maybe that is where you heard it.

Ugly Duck
01-06-2008, 01:11 AM
I couldn't count how many times he used the word 'change' tonight.

Is he trying to insinuate that Republicans have done a poor job these past two terms? Sounds like he's making the case that Republicans really suck.... he oughta ease up on the "change" thing before he drives people to another party...

Ugly Duck
01-06-2008, 01:13 AM
If ever I witnessed a Republican that is a pussy it is Romney.

Romney = <3

recxjake
01-06-2008, 09:47 AM
After watching the Republican and Democrat debate back to back... I have no doubt Republicans will stay in power.

Americans want change... however they don't want the change the Deocrats are offering. Higher taxes, ruined health care, bigger goverment is not the right path.

Iowanian
01-06-2008, 10:31 AM
Romney is a whining twat who can't decide what he believes and I hate that he won't say what he thinks and ALWAYS tries to use the pc answer.

"I don't like to say I lose my temper, I perfer to say, I get intense"

He's a dick with ears.

dirk digler
01-06-2008, 05:18 PM
After watching the Republican and Democrat debate back to back... I have no doubt Republicans will stay in power.

Americans want change... however they don't want the change the Deocrats are offering. Higher taxes, ruined health care, bigger goverment is not the right path.

LMAO

Dems turned out 2-1 in Iowa and there are huge lines waiting to watch and listen to Obama in NH. The Dems probably will win the turnout by a large margin again in NH and if I was the Republicans I would be extremely worried.

If Hillary wins the nomination the Republicans will win but if Obama does the Dems win.

Also watching Romney on Fox with Chris Wallace he bombed totally again. He was for McCain's plan before he was against even though it didn't change.