PDA

View Full Version : hurt my big toe!

blackhawk
01-06-2008, 04:47 PM
Gates hurts toe against Titans
SAN DIEGO (AP) - Chargers Pro Bowl tight end Antonio Gates was taken off the field on a cart after injuring a left toe late in the second quarter of Sunday's playoff against Tennessee.

Gates slipped after catching a short pass from Philip Rivers and was hit by tackle Tony Brown and linebacker David Thornton. He got up, tried to walk and then sat down to await team trainers.
The team said Gates was questionable to return.

call in a cart for a toe lmfao!

Hydrae
01-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Have you ever had a seriously hurt big toe? It hurts to walk that's for sure, I definitely would not expect him to be able to make cuts on that foot for a few weeks.

OnTheWarpath58
01-06-2008, 04:49 PM
I'll take "Worthless shit that was already discussed in the Game Thread" for $1000, Alex.

DBO82
01-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Callin it now....Lis Franc injury.

blueballs
01-06-2008, 04:52 PM
You the idiot who wanted to trade
JA for Jason Taylor

blackhawk
01-06-2008, 04:57 PM
Ginn says he'll play despite broken toe
Oct. 26, 2006
by John Shipley

Heisman Trophy candidate Ted Ginn has broken the pinkie toe on his right foot but said Wednesday he plans to play Saturday against Minnesota.

The Ohio State receiver and kick returner said he broke the toe when he bumped it on a door in the football offices before last Saturday's game against Indiana. He caught five passes for 72 yards and a touchdown in the Buckeyes' 44-3 victory.

The toe bothered him "a little bit," he said, "but I played through it. I try to be a strong individual. If I'm going to play, I'm not going to make no excuses and say the foot was hurting."

Ginn said he plans to play in Saturday's 2:30 p.m. kickoff against the Gophers, and coach Jim Tressel agreed.

"I'm not the doctor; I'm the coach," Tressel said. "He's playing. I can be trumped by the doctor, but all indications are he'll be fine."

In a 45-31 victory at Minnesota last season, Ginn was held to three catches for 53 yards but returned a kickoff 100 yards for a touchdown.

kstater
01-06-2008, 04:59 PM
Petzg28 is that you?

JBucc
01-06-2008, 05:05 PM
Have you ever had a seriously hurt big toe? It hurts to walk that's for sure, I definitely would not expect him to be able to make cuts on that foot for a few weeks.Very true. In fact, when it comes to walking, toes are the third most important part of the body, after feet and legs.

blackhawk
01-06-2008, 05:19 PM
look like the same thing that happen to lj!

BigRock
01-06-2008, 05:25 PM
A real man would have sawed the toe off with a butter knife and gone back in the game. Gates = soft.

Baby Lee
01-06-2008, 06:33 PM
We must go on without Sergeant Hulka

Simplex3
01-06-2008, 08:51 PM
call in a cart for a toe lmfao!
Guess you've never had an injury to your big toe. It's a bitch. Walking sucks bad enough, but to run and make cuts, then line up and block a 250lb linebacker? Good luck.

blackhawk
01-06-2008, 09:21 PM
SILVA FIGHTS THROUGH A BROKEN TOE!

The third title-fight of the evening saw Albert Silva successfully capture the U.W.M.T.A. Heavyweight Belt with a Unanimous Decision over Jason Rzepka. In quite a courageous performance Silva demonstrated the true meaning of pain-tolerance: Halfway into the 4th round of the scheduled 5 rounder, Silva threw a right kick that caught Rzepka on the thigh. The kick broke Silva's pinky toe and his entire foot immediately swelled and turned blue. As he winced in pain the crowd took notice and groaned in disgust, yet Silva incredibly kept fighting. He finished the round strong and came out to fight round 5 as if nothing at all happened. A new U.W.M.T.A. Heavyweight Belt is his spoil.
http://www.vutmuaythai.com/videopics2.htm

KcMizzou
01-06-2008, 09:22 PM
SILVA FIGHTS THROUGH A BROKEN TOE!

The third title-fight of the evening saw Albert Silva successfully capture the U.W.M.T.A. Heavyweight Belt with a Unanimous Decision over Jason Rzepka. In quite a courageous performance Silva demonstrated the true meaning of pain-tolerance: Halfway into the 4th round of the scheduled 5 rounder, Silva threw a right kick that caught Rzepka on the thigh. The kick broke Silva's pinky toe and his entire foot immediately swelled and turned blue. As he winced in pain the crowd took notice and groaned in disgust, yet Silva incredibly kept fighting. He finished the round strong and came out to fight round 5 as if nothing at all happened. A new U.W.M.T.A. Heavyweight Belt is his spoil.
http://www.vutmuaythai.com/videopics2.htmDamn, I was hoping for Wandy, or Anderson.

AggressiveNapkin
01-06-2008, 09:30 PM
I hurt the little one last night. Walked into the door frame when it was dark. Is now purple and hurt like a SOB.

No cart came and picked me up which is unfortunate.

acesn8s
01-06-2008, 09:34 PM
I hurt the little one last night. Walked into the door frame when it was dark. Is now purple and hurt like a SOB.

No cart came and picked me up which is unfortunate.Damn! That sucks. Did you at least have two trainers to help you walk?

blueballs
01-06-2008, 09:46 PM
Rivers will stub his brain
next week in INdy

AggressiveNapkin
01-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Damn! That sucks. Did you at least have two trainers to help you walk?

No i wish. All i had was my girlfriend who kinda just sat there and made fun of me while i was in pain. :cuss:

acesn8s
01-06-2008, 10:00 PM
No i wish. All i had was my girlfriend who kinda just sat there and made fun of me while i was in pain. :cuss:antifreeze

blackhawk
01-07-2008, 01:26 PM
severely sprained toe

blackhawk
01-07-2008, 01:31 PM
dam someone step on my bunion!
http://users.erols.com/ibeiser/moderate_bunion_4.JPG

StcChief
01-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Rivers will stub his brain
next week in INdyand whine about everything....

penguinz
01-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Ginn says he'll play despite broken toe
Oct. 26, 2006
by John Shipley

Heisman Trophy candidate Ted Ginn has broken the pinkie toe on his right foot but said Wednesday he plans to play Saturday against Minnesota.

The Ohio State receiver and kick returner said he broke the toe when he bumped it on a door in the football offices before last Saturday's game against Indiana. He caught five passes for 72 yards and a touchdown in the Buckeyes' 44-3 victory.

The toe bothered him "a little bit," he said, "but I played through it. I try to be a strong individual. If I'm going to play, I'm not going to make no excuses and say the foot was hurting."

Ginn said he plans to play in Saturday's 2:30 p.m. kickoff against the Gophers, and coach Jim Tressel agreed.

"I'm not the doctor; I'm the coach," Tressel said. "He's playing. I can be trumped by the doctor, but all indications are he'll be fine."

In a 45-31 victory at Minnesota last season, Ginn was held to three catches for 53 yards but returned a kickoff 100 yards for a touchdown.
There is a giant difference between injuring your pinky toe and your big toe.

sedated
01-07-2008, 02:09 PM
I hurt the little one last night. Walked into the door frame when it was dark.

I've done that. I haven't been able to move it since.

Good thing for me my pro football days were over long before the tragic accident

Radar Chief
01-07-2008, 02:33 PM
We must go on without Sergeant Hulka

You better hit those bunks, my little darlins, or Sergeant Hulka with the big toe is gonna see how far he can stick it up your ass.