PDA

View Full Version : what about this

hitman3283
07-29-2001, 05:57 PM
if we are so short at the wide reciever position, hwy not give rison a shot I know he is out for 4 games , but that will make him cheap, considering that we don't got much money I think he would play well for us, he always said nice things about the fans and the team and the city after he left so why not bring back spiderman for some depth. don't forget he was a pro bowler for us!!!!

Rausch
07-29-2001, 05:59 PM
HMMMmmmmmmmm..........

NO!No! :mad:

hitman3283
07-29-2001, 06:01 PM
why not we need some experience and he really didnt cause problems with the team, his teammates liked him, he never had a problem with them it was the law , but he can put that behind him

Rausch
07-29-2001, 06:04 PM
Rison has more run in's with the law than all the Sheen family combined....

This isn't a minimum security rehab center, this is an NFL football team....:rolleyes:

California Injun
07-29-2001, 06:05 PM
I seem to remember an Andre Rison who virtually disappeared his last season here. Now that could have been because of the offensive scheme under Gunther or the dependence of Grbac on TonyG and Derrick.

He did play in the Run and Shoot with Atlanta so this offense might be well suited for him. I know that wherever he goes the players love him to death.

Rausch
07-29-2001, 06:08 PM
He's also married to the woman who burned his house down...

His life is a distraction...

hitman3283
07-29-2001, 06:09 PM
what about the rison who stepped up for the raiders, he did a good job there last year,in my opinion he will do fine.

DaWolf
07-29-2001, 06:23 PM
Brad,
I don't think they're married yet. But I guess maybe I could've missed the wedding. :)

Hitman,
From a purely football standpoint, Rison doesn't fit our profile for a quick reciever who can take the ball and turn it upfield to make plays. He was fine in the dink and dunk, but I'm assuming we're not going to be running dink and dunk this year. From a personal standpoint, he already burned any bridges he had to KC by
A) Dissing the city
B) Claiming he was a Raider for life and always wanted to be one
C) Claiming he was getting tatoos of Carl and Gunther to remind him every day how he was wronged and how much he wants to kick our ***

He's definitely not coming back...

California Injun
07-29-2001, 06:26 PM
DaWolf,

I had completely forgotten about that.

Funny how much you can overlook when you envision the Red and Gold on him.

CanadaKC
07-29-2001, 06:50 PM
I suspect Terry Glenn will be cut from the Pats very soon.
And I think there'll be a lot of interest in him, even though he's a cancer. Would he be a good fit in this offence?

old_geezer
07-29-2001, 09:09 PM
No, Dawolf, I don't think they've gotten married yet but it won't be hard to find. Just look for a roaring fire that would make Texas A&M proud. :D

keg in kc
07-29-2001, 09:32 PM
I'd take Glenn in a heartbeat, but it won't happen for two reasons:

1.) We can't afford him.
2.) He'll want to be the #1. I actually would put him there - I still think DA is better suited to be a #2, but I don't think too many people in KC would agree with me on that, including DA and our front office.

And I wouldn't take Rison if the Raiders paid us.

Well, maybe then, but that's the only way I can envision it.

tommykat
07-29-2001, 09:34 PM
Rison in KC again? NO WAY! I liked it when we had him and mighty mouse.....but Rison is just trouble. Also, he plays very well the first year somewhere, then after that...hum, he just seems to disappear. Maybe his name should be....The Invisible Man instead?:p :D

Saggysack
07-30-2001, 02:23 AM
Rison's time has come and gone with the Chiefs. Excately how many teams has he been with?