PDA

View Full Version : Clemens on 60 minutes...

BigMeatballDave
01-06-2008, 06:24 PM
I think he's lying.

kstater
01-06-2008, 06:26 PM
You don't say.

smittysbar
01-06-2008, 06:28 PM
LOL let him use is fishing equipment three days before he threw him under the bus.

Clemens says, "that's what pisses me off" lol

kstater
01-06-2008, 06:28 PM
Looking down while answering usually a good signal.

smittysbar
01-06-2008, 06:29 PM
Looking down while answering usually a good signal.

Yep

kstater
01-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Man has no qualms about taking shot before World Series game, yet wants people to believe him about steroids.

kstater
01-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Doesn't want to take lie detector test.

Deberg_1990
01-06-2008, 06:35 PM
let me summarize:

No i didnt do steroids.

RedNeckRaider
01-06-2008, 06:35 PM
At least he is willing to face to heat. I would like to see him take a lie detector test.

kstater
01-06-2008, 06:36 PM
At least he is willing to face to heat. I would like to see him take a lie detector test.

A month later after he figures out what he wants to say.

Brianfo
01-06-2008, 06:36 PM
What a douche bag. He expects the American public to believe that he never took steroids. I have more respect for Barry Bonds than this douche bag. At least Bonds played for one team most of his career. This loser jumped around from team to team after the big payday. Another reason to hate the Yankmes.

RedNeckRaider
01-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Doesn't want to take lie detector test.
I didn't hear him say he would not, just he did not know if it would do any good.

pr_capone
01-06-2008, 07:15 PM
Clemens is a douche bag. BUT, AFAIK... he did not shatter one of sports most hallowed records.

IMHO, that makes him just a little less douche baggy than Bonds.

Bearcat
01-06-2008, 07:23 PM
This is someone who once threw a broken bat at Mike Piazza, who was barely out of the batter's box at the time, and later proclaimed "I thought it was the ball."

Nothing else needs to be said.

HolmeZz
01-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Yeah, that wasn't a good move by Clemens to do that interview. Only made himself look worse.

StcChief
01-06-2008, 07:32 PM
the look after asked to take a lie dictator test says "I'm Guilty"

stonedstooge
01-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Your always guilty when you answer questions with question. "Why would I..." He must have said that 15 times. Plus he was very interested in his water bottle the whole interview. He looked roided out in the interview. What a lying ass. I have always thought he was an ass and believe it even more now. When he threw the bat I wish Piazza would have picked it up and shoved it up his ass for him.

TEX
01-06-2008, 07:37 PM
What a douche bag. He expects the American public to believe that he never took steroids. I have more respect for Barry Bonds than this douche bag. At least Bonds played for one team most of his career. This loser jumped around from team to team after the big payday. Another reason to hate the Yankmes.

Wonder if the folks in Pittsburgh feel as you do?

BigMeatballDave
01-06-2008, 07:39 PM
I'd like to hear what a body language expert would say about Roger in that interview.

BigRedChief
01-06-2008, 07:51 PM
I'd like to hear what a body language expert would say about Roger in that interview.I didn't know Andy was using steriods.....His frigging head is almost bowed. He's ashamed ne's lying. We don't need no stinking body language expert. He was lying.

Oh the trainer injected me with needles that I provided for my B-12 shots for years but they never had HGH or steriods in them. BS.

Guilty of cheating and worthy of banishment from the HOF.

Fruit Ninja
01-06-2008, 08:21 PM
I didn't know Andy was using steriods.....His frigging head is almost bowed. He's ashamed ne's lying. We don't need no stinking body language expert. He was lying.

Oh the trainer injected me with needles that I provided for my B-12 shots for years but they never had HGH or steriods in them. BS.

I agree, but give me some hard proof. If you dont have any other then taking someones word for it. Then you cannot keep him out.

I am 100 percent against the use of any of that shit. If its illegal, its illegal, but show me better proof then someone i do not know saying he took it.

milkman
01-06-2008, 08:27 PM
I've always wondered why no one really asked about steroids when it came to Clemons.

I've believed for years that has taken performance enhancing drugs.

But then I also believe that 80-85% of the players also have taken it as well.

Everybody was cheating, so they were essentially on a level playing field.

Either all the players that put up HoF numbers should be kept out, or they should all be voted in.

chop
01-06-2008, 08:29 PM
I don't know if he actually took steroids but I thought he sounded nervous about taking the lie detector test.

One thing that makes me think he didn't take the roids was his body. If you look at Bonds' before and after pictures the difference leaves little doubt. Clemens body looks the same.

Fruit Ninja
They were not cheating for a while when Creatine was legal. It was within the rules. There are people that are doping no doubt, but i think the illegal part of it is much much smaller then 80 percent.

KcMizzou

You should be "Mecca Sr."

milkman
01-06-2008, 08:35 PM
You should be "Mecca Sr."

Maybe.

But think about this.

You have one guy, a Yankee employ at one time, naming 80 to 85 players.

He only had the one clubhouse to observe, or to participate in, the taking of PEDs.

CoMoChief
01-06-2008, 09:05 PM
WHO THE **** CARES?????

theultimatekcchiefsfan
01-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Lie Detector quibbling sewed up the interview for me. I am sure he is lying.

Fruit Ninja
01-06-2008, 09:15 PM
WHO THE **** CARES?????
obviously you do a little bit, or you wouldnt have posted in a thread about something you care nothing about.

HemiEd
01-06-2008, 09:19 PM

He said he doesn't care about the HOF.

riiiiiight. sure.

jAZ
01-06-2008, 09:34 PM
blink - blink - blink - blink

[/Lying]

cardken
01-06-2008, 11:16 PM
This is someone who once threw a broken bat at Mike Piazza, who was barely out of the batter's box at the time, and later proclaimed "I thought it was the ball."

Nothing else needs to be said.
ROID RAGE Personified. :rolleyes:

cardken
01-06-2008, 11:22 PM

riiiiiight. sure.
Well, I'm tired of hearing about the "integrity of the game" and that is what keeps people like Pete Rose out of the HOF, He broke a "cardinal" rule and gambled on baseball. Never against him team to lose, how is that any different from "cheating" using steroids? So keep them all out or none out. At least Rose broke a record "cleanly" :#

mikey23545
01-07-2008, 01:14 AM
Mark Twain is still alive?

He must be on steroids...

Mr. Flopnuts
01-07-2008, 01:38 AM
Wonder if the folks in Pittsburgh feel as you do?

God forbid the guy wants to go to him hometown team and play for the Giants as his father and god father did.

BigRedChief
01-07-2008, 04:45 AM
I agree, but give me some hard proof. If you dont have any other then taking someones word for it. Then you cannot keep him out.

I am 100 percent against the use of any of that shit. If its illegal, its illegal, but show me better proof then someone i do not know saying he took it.

I agree you don't keep him out of the HOF based on his trainers word. But I bet we will see some more evidence in the next 5 years that says he did steriods.

And I don't care if it wasn't banned by baseball. It was illegal to use steriods in the U.S.A. It makes you a better player. Able to recover faster. Cheating, plain and simple.

BigRedChief
01-07-2008, 04:47 AM
I don't know if he actually took steroids but I thought he sounded nervous about taking the lie detector test.

One thing that makes me think he didn't take the roids was his body. If you look at Bonds' before and after pictures the difference leaves little doubt. Clemens body looks the same.Dude, pitchers didn't take steriods to bulk up their muscles pitchers took them to help them recover better and faster in between starts. To allow them to go further into games, throw more pitches.

Pettite admitted that he took the needle. His body didn't change.

BigRedChief
01-07-2008, 05:24 AM
Supposely, Clemonas and his trainer talked for about an hour on Friday night.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3183738

KC_Connection
01-07-2008, 05:55 AM
One thing that makes me think he didn't take the roids was his body. If you look at Bonds' before and after pictures the difference leaves little doubt. Clemens body looks the same.
Have you maybe considered the possibility that Clemens was using steroids his entire career, and not just since he met McNamee in the late 90s?

BigRedChief
01-07-2008, 05:55 AM
Clemons sues his trainer:
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7645222?MSNHPHMA

KC_Connection
01-07-2008, 05:56 AM
I've always wondered why no one really asked about steroids when it came to Clemons.

I've believed for years that has taken performance enhancing drugs.

Either all the players that put up HoF numbers should be kept out, or they should all be voted in.
Exactly.

Pushead2
01-07-2008, 05:56 AM

**** you Cocket

KC_Connection
01-07-2008, 05:58 AM
Well, I'm tired of hearing about the "integrity of the game" and that is what keeps people like Pete Rose out of the HOF, He broke a "cardinal" rule and gambled on baseball. Never against him team to lose, how is that any different from "cheating" using steroids? So keep them all out or none out. At least Rose broke a record "cleanly" :#
Well he may have been using greenies like everyone else in baseball, would that still qualify as breaking the record cleanly?

KC_Connection
01-07-2008, 06:00 AM
And I don't care if it wasn't banned by baseball. It was illegal to use steriods in the U.S.A. It makes you a better player. Able to recover faster. Cheating, plain and simple.
So doing anything illegal by law is cheating in baseball and an automatic barring from the HOF in your opinion?

KC_Connection
01-07-2008, 06:02 AM
He is sure putting himself in a really tight corner now.

Chief Chief
01-07-2008, 06:03 AM

But look at the bodies of the others who were named in the Mitchell report. None of the former Royals listed looked like Bonds either. Then again, none of them had "...a third ear growing out of (their) forehead..." or pulled "...tractors with (their) teeth...". Ya gotta admit them parts of the interview were absolutely hilarious!

BigRedChief
01-07-2008, 06:06 AM
So doing anything illegal by law is cheating in baseball and an automatic barring from the HOF in your opinion?
No just because you do something illegal doesn't automatically disbar you from HOF consideration.

Taking illegal performance enhancing drugs to improve your on the field production does.

HonestChieffan
01-07-2008, 06:12 AM
I thought Mike Wallace was dead. He needs some of Rogers dope.

KC_Connection
01-07-2008, 06:13 AM
No just because you do something illegal doesn't automatically disbar you from HOF consideration.

Taking illegal performance enhancing drugs to improve your on the field production does.
It's an interesting perspective, but one that doesn't make too much sense to me.

When your own sport doesn't even have a rule agaisnt it, breaking the law is breaking the law, and should be dealt with by the law, not by baseball.

I suppose if you vote people in based on their character that might come into play, but the HOF has never done that, it is no shrine of "good guys."

I have to ask, though...what is your opinion of the wide use of amphetamines in baseball over the last 50 years, BTW? Should all those guys be out, too?

BigRedChief
01-07-2008, 06:16 AM
It's an interesting perspective, but one that doesn't make too much sense to me.

When your own sport doesn't even have a rule agaisnt it, breaking the law is breaking the law, and should be dealt with by the law, not by baseball.

I suppose if you vote people in based on their character that might come into play, but the HOF has never done that, it is no shrine of "good guys."

I have to ask, though...what is your opinion of the wide use of amphetamines in baseball over the last 50 years, BTW? Should all those guys be out, too?
If it's decided that steriod users are kept out of the HOF for using performance enhancing drugs then yes, the 1950's players that were using speed should also be banned.

Again only with admitted or proven in a court of law guilt.

KC_Connection
01-07-2008, 06:23 AM
If it's decided that steriod users are kept out of the HOF for using performance enhancing drugs then yes, the 1950's players that were using speed should also be banned.

Again only with admitted or proven in a court of law guilt.
I just find that kind of stupid. The players that will admit to using steroids and those who are proven to have used in a court of law (remember even Barry Bonds doesn't qualify for that) is a tiny percentage in comparison to the actual amount who used.

I say let everyone in who has the numbers. It's really the only fair way to do it. It was "cheaters" agaisnt "cheaters" out there, and as far as we still know, it is still the same way.

BigRedChief
01-07-2008, 06:29 AM
I just find that kind of stupid. The players that will admit to using steroids and those who are proven to have used in a court of law (remember even Barry Bonds doesn't qualify for that) is a tiny percentage in comparison to the actual amount who used.

I say let everyone in who has the numbers. It's really the only fair way to do it. It was "cheaters" agaisnt "cheaters" out there, and as far as we still know, it is still the same way.
Okay so now proven in a court of law is stupid?

KC_Connection
01-07-2008, 06:40 AM
Okay so now proven in a court of law is stupid?
Did you actually read what I wrote, or just pick out a few words of it and fit it to that inane question you just made?

It's a reasonable thing to ask after seeing your reply.

BigRedChief
01-07-2008, 06:54 AM
Did you actually read what I wrote, or just pick out a few words of it and fit it to that inane question you just made?

It's a reasonable thing to ask after seeing your reply.JEZUZ H Christ I'm done with responding to you. I think I've made my position clear on this and if it's not clear to you by now well you can just go
:whackit:

KC_Connection
01-07-2008, 07:07 AM
JEZUZ H Christ I'm done with responding to you. I think I've made my position clear on this and if it's not clear to you by now well you can just go
:whackit:
I think the only thing that's clear is that you totally misintepreted what I wrote.

Skip Towne
01-07-2008, 07:17 AM
Did anyone else notice that his pants were on fire?

KCChiefsFan88
01-07-2008, 08:16 AM
This was from a column on CBSSports.com about the interview... pretty much blowing up Clemens Lidocaine claim:

"I talked with a scientist friend Friday, not long after the lidocaine/B-12 story first emerged, and he was openly chuckling. This is a man who knows drugs and chemicals like you probably knew the back of Cal Ripken's baseball card. He works in the laboratory for a company that develops new antibiotics and searches for a cure for cancer, and he just shook his head. Lidocaine, he said, is almost always used either topically or via a dermal patch. He had never heard of it being injected for joint pain."

Clemens might want to try picking a drug that is actually used for the purpose he is attempting to lie about next time.

Link to the complete column:
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/10562069

chop
01-07-2008, 08:50 AM
Dude, pitchers didn't take steriods to bulk up their muscles pitchers took them to help them recover better and faster in between starts. To allow them to go further into games, throw more pitches.

Pettite admitted that he took the needle. His body didn't change.

I didn't know that. I'm not an expert on steroid use. I always thought that one of the effects was increasing muscle mass.

I always like to give people the benefit of the doubt but once he was asked if he would take a lie detector test and his response was unsure of what the result would be, I have major suspicions about his truthfulness.

Deberg_1990
01-07-2008, 08:51 AM

riiiiiight. sure.

He wouldnt have agreed to this interview for some "spin control" if he didnt.

HemiEd
01-07-2008, 09:34 AM
He wouldnt have agreed to this interview for some "spin control" if he didnt.

Exactly, he tried to come off like nothing mattered to him. But it sure as hell does, or he wouldn't have tried to save his rep in that interview. He is so arrogant to think he could fool everyone, just another cheater.

penguinz
01-07-2008, 09:45 AM
I didn't know that. I'm not an expert on steroid use. I always thought that one of the effects was increasing muscle mass.
It can be. it all depends on what cocktails are used and what types of workouts the person does.

AggressiveNapkin
01-07-2008, 09:59 AM
Jeez, how big of an a-hole is this guy..First he offers a bs lie, and now he is now suing those who provided info to the Mitchell report.

I hope he loses and then right after that someone walks into his room and sees Andy Pettite injecting roids into his ass.

King_Chief_Fan
01-07-2008, 11:40 AM
My favorite line: Geez Mike, you would think after 25 years i would get at least one ounce of respect..........

.or something close to that anyway

Bearcat
01-07-2008, 11:49 AM

Don't forget the ears growing out of your forehead and being able to pull a tractor with your teeth.

http://blog.masslive.com/redsoxmonster/2008/01/large_clemensear.jpg

stonedstooge
01-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Its just too bad that baseball knew what was going on and let it go. Now they have created such a monster I really don't know how you clear it up. You can't just nullify 10 or however many years of games played. I blame a lot of this on the Players Union too. Everyone knew what was happening and not one person had the insight to what type or repercussions were in store down the line? Its really a sad situation. I have always disliked Barry Bonds and the skull growth that incurred borders on the fringe of being hysterical, but he still had to hit that damn little white ball coming at him 80-100 miles and hour. He still has talent no doubt. Really don't have a clue how to cure this mess. Getting the government involved will only make matters worse.

penguinz
01-07-2008, 01:27 PM
This was from a column on CBSSports.com about the interview... pretty much blowing up Clemens Lidocaine claim:

"I talked with a scientist friend Friday, not long after the lidocaine/B-12 story first emerged, and he was openly chuckling. This is a man who knows drugs and chemicals like you probably knew the back of Cal Ripken's baseball card. He works in the laboratory for a company that develops new antibiotics and searches for a cure for cancer, and he just shook his head. Lidocaine, he said, is almost always used either topically or via a dermal patch. He had never heard of it being injected for joint pain."

Clemens might want to try picking a drug that is actually used for the purpose he is attempting to lie about next time.

Link to the complete column:
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/10562069Lidocaine is an injectable anesthetic. It is often used in dentistry.

TEX
01-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Jeez, how big of an a-hole is this guy..First he offers a bs lie, and now he is now suing those who provided info to the Mitchell report.

I hope he loses and then right after that someone walks into his room and sees Andy Pettite injecting roids into his ass.

Does anyone even realize that interview was old news? So much has happend since then. Read about all of it in the Houston Chronicle. Very interesting stuff.

Quiet Storm
01-07-2008, 02:36 PM
Somewhere.....Mark McGwire is salivating.

TEX
01-07-2008, 04:26 PM
Somewhere.....Mark McGwire is salivating.

The difference is that Roger is gonna go down swinging rather than like a PU$$Y like Mark McGwire.

KC_Connection
01-07-2008, 04:36 PM
The difference is that Roger is gonna go down swinging rather than like a PU$$Y like Mark McGwire.
You mean go down looking like a huge liar, actor, and idiot, you mean?

Because that's what I see.

kstater
01-07-2008, 04:38 PM
You mean go down looking like a huge liar, actor, and idiot, you mean?

Because that's what I see.

Wait, I thought you were on Clemons' side?

KC_Connection
01-07-2008, 04:40 PM
Wait, I thought you were on Clemons' side?
I'm not on anybody's side.

Bearcat
01-07-2008, 04:42 PM

Being a pitcher, I think the better analogy would be that he's going down throwing broken bats at base runners.

tk13
01-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Listening to that phone call in the press conference, I almost got the impression McNamee was trying to bait Clemens into saying McNamee should lie for him.

KC_Connection
01-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Listening to that phone call in the press conference, I almost got the impression McNamee was trying to bait Clemens into saying McNamee should lie for him.
It was such a phony conversation with all kinds of lawyers listening in on it. Roger kept pausing after he said that every time, and went back to his statement of innocence. Real, genuine people don't talk like they did.

tk13
01-07-2008, 05:03 PM
It was such a phony conversation with all kinds of lawyers listening in on it. Roger kept pausing after he said that every time, and went back to his statement of innocence. Real, genuine people don't talk like they did.
Yeah, and the catch to that is, Clemens had to release it. If word got out he taped that conversation and never did anything with it, it would make him look really desperate and guilty.