PDA

View Full Version : James Laurinaitis Article

Tribal Warfare
01-06-2008, 11:14 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/articles/2008/01/06/ohio_state_linebacker_grapples_with_chances_and_choices/

OnTheWarpath58
01-06-2008, 11:40 PM
If we take Jake Long over this kid I'll be sick.

Then again, if we take Jake long over just about anyone other than Matt Ryan or Brian Brohm I'll be sick.

DJ at the SAM and Laurinaitis at the MIKE for the next 10 years?

He's exactly the kind of player Herm wants:

Physical, instinctive, and respectful of the game.

It's a second chance to draft AJ Hawk, who, ironically went in the 5 slot in 2006.

Pablo
01-06-2008, 11:54 PM
As much OSU football as I've watched..JL is the real deal. I love the way he plays. He's got the kind of motor JA has, with the intelligence of Donnie Edwards. He would be a brilliant addition to our defense.

But he'll probably go to the f*cking Pats or something...

Don't worry, we'll pick up Ryan Clady.

OnTheWarpath58
01-07-2008, 12:03 AM
As much OSU football as I've watched..JL is the real deal. I love the way he plays. He's got the kind of motor JA has, with the intelligence of Donnie Edwards. He would be a brilliant addition to our defense.

Stop it. %(/

Pablo
01-07-2008, 12:03 AM
Stop it. %(/What? We all know the Pats need and deserve a stud LB. We can always reach for an above-average LT. Sounds great to me.

OnTheWarpath58
01-07-2008, 12:06 AM
What? We all know the Pats need and deserve a stud LB. We can always reach for an above-average LT. Sounds great to me.

:Lin:

jlscorpio
01-07-2008, 12:11 AM
plus his dad was one of the Road Warriors!!!

Rooster
01-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Does he where the spiked pads in games? :)

FAX
01-07-2008, 02:36 PM
A lot of players coming out as Juniors this year.

Do you guys think there's a huge difference between entering the draft as a Senior or Junior in terms of contributing early in the NFL?

FAX

Amnorix
01-07-2008, 02:38 PM

From your lips....

:grovel:

Amnorix
01-07-2008, 02:43 PM

Do you guys think there's a huge difference between entering the draft as a Senior or Junior in terms of contributing early in the NFL?

FAX

Depends on the player, but yes, there can be. I think the NFL is so mentally and physically demanding that most players are well-served by going through their entire college career and coming out as seniors. The extra year of physical and mental maturity for SOME players can be very helpful.

Perhaps the immature mental midgets I have in mind wouldn't have been helped by the extra season, but it couldn't have hurt. Ryan Leaf, Mike Williams, etc.

But I understand the allure of taking the money now, not risking a major injury, and not letting your body taking, essentially, an extra year of beating for no $$$.

HonestChieffan
01-07-2008, 02:49 PM

FAX

Maturity and another year in weight room...im sure there are exceptions

FAX
01-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Kind of what I was thinking. Those guys might be better fits for teams that have the luxury of developing players in the background.

FAX

HonestChieffan
01-07-2008, 02:52 PM
and not under the watchful gaze of the Herminator

Chiefnj2
01-07-2008, 03:28 PM
If he declares the Chiefs would be very fortunate to draft him.