PDA

View Full Version : Man Cooked Parts of Slain Girlfriend; Human Flesh Found on Kitchen Table

wutamess
01-07-2008, 09:24 AM
Surprisingly... he's not white.

http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/ap_mccuin_080107_ms.jpg
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=4095012

By PAUL J. WEBER Associated Press Writer
TYLER, Texas Jan 7, 2008 (AP)
Font Size

Print

A man killed his girlfriend, then filleted and cooked parts of her body before calling police to tell them what he was doing, authorities said Sunday.

Christopher Lee McCuin, 25, called 911 on Saturday and told an emergency dispatcher he had killed Jana Shearer, 21, and was boiling her body parts at his mother's home, said Smith County Sheriff J.B. Smith.

When authorities arrived at the home, they found Shearer's mutilated body, one ear boiling in a pot of water on the stove and a fork sticking out of some human flesh sitting on a plate on the kitchen table.

Authorities said it was unclear whether McCuin consumed any part of Shearer's body.

"We cannot prove that he did," Smith told The Associated Press. "He was either going to, had been or led us to think that he was doing it."

Authorities believe Shearer, 21, was abducted from her home Friday night and killed. Her death and mutilation was apparently the beginning of a crime spree that also included McCuin allegedly stabbing the boyfriend of his estranged wife and breaking into a business. The stabbing victim is in critical condition at an area hospital, officials said.

McCuin, of Tyler, about 110 miles east of Dallas, was charged with capital murder. He was being held in the Smith County Jail on a $2 million bond Sunday and did not have an attorney, officials said. He was scheduled to be arraigned Monday, Smith said.

Before he called 911, McCuin told his mother and her boyfriend to look in their garage, authorities said. There the couple saw the remains of Shearer. McCuin's mother and her boyfriend fled the home and flagged down a police officer. McCuin dialed authorities after they left.

A man who answered the door Sunday night where the body was found declined to comment.

Shearer appeared to have died from blunt trauma to her head, Smith said. She may have been kidnapped Friday night, when her mother witnessed her get into McCuin's truck.

"There was no struggle but she could see the girl left with no shoes, no purse and no cell phone," Smith said.

McCuin then drove to his estranged wife's home, where he stabbed William Veasley, 42, Smith said. McCuin was still in that home when deputies arrived, but escaped in his car after a short chase, Smith said.

"We thought it was a disturbance or an assault," Smith said.

McCuin wasn't seen again until Saturday morning, when he arrived at his mother's home and called her into the garage so she could "come see what he had done," Smith said.

When sheriff deputies arrived, McCuin barricaded himself in the home for a short time before coming out. After he emerged, officers entered and found Shearer's body, Sgt. Gary Middleton said.

Detectives were trying to determine where the slaying happened. They think McCuin drove to his mother's home with the dead woman in the back seat of his extended-cab pickup, Smith said.

Freddy Castillo, who lives two houses down, said he frequently heard McCuin and his girlfriend argue in the house and the yard.

"They would get pretty loud," Castillo said. "They'd yell back and forth and then he would just get in his car and leave."

Pushead2
01-07-2008, 09:25 AM
:shake:

FAX
01-07-2008, 09:26 AM
Idiot.

No bouquet garni.

FAX

banyon
01-07-2008, 09:34 AM
good Lord, this sick f*** makes me reconsider my stance on capital punishment.

FAX
01-07-2008, 09:38 AM
Isn't there supposed to be a section of the brain that says, "Whoa there, cowboy." somewhere between the hitting her in the head with the shovel part and the chopping her up and boiling her on the stove part?

FAX

Amnorix
01-07-2008, 09:41 AM
That philistine didn't even have a bottle of Merlot handy to go with? Pathetic.

OmegaRed
01-07-2008, 09:43 AM
Unless it's proven otherwise, I believe he staged the whole thing so he could live the good life in the loony bin instead of getting BF'ed in a Texas prison where he could end up on death row.

Bob Dole
01-07-2008, 09:45 AM
Bob Dole was just in Tyler Friday. Hope this guy didn't work at Rudy's.

HemiEd
01-07-2008, 09:50 AM
roids.

Gonzo
01-07-2008, 09:54 AM
First principles, Clarice. Simplicity. Read Marcus Aurelius. Of each particular thing ask: what is it in itself? What is its nature? What does he do, this man you seek?

He kills women...

No. That is incidental. What is the first and principal thing he does? What needs does he serve by killing?

Dartgod
01-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Tastes like chicken...

talastan
01-07-2008, 10:02 AM
That philistine didn't even have a bottle of Merlot handy to go with? Pathetic.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/95/Heyes.jpg/800px-Heyes.jpg

I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.grob

Scary freaking movie!! Man this guy really was messed up....

FAX
01-07-2008, 10:06 AM
I don't know, I think Mr. OmegaRed is right.

To me, this crime doesn't fit the profile of a classic cannibalistic murder. Those guys are typically serial killers and they generally don't call 911 or ask their mom to go look at the body in the garage.

He may be more cunning than we realize and did all the dismembering and boiling and cooking and serving in an effort to claim insanity.

FAX

Gonzo
01-07-2008, 10:10 AM
Tastes like chicken...

Human flesh actually tastes more like very lean beef.

I've said too much.....

Redrum_69
01-07-2008, 10:19 AM
I think he took it out of context when she said "Why dont you eat me out for a change"

Redrum_69
01-07-2008, 10:20 AM
The first thing that I thought of after reading this thread was:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7a/McGruff.jpg

Phobia
01-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Surprisingly... he's not white.

No kidding. A white guy would have been smart enough not to call the po-po on himself. A white guy would have killed 20 or 30 women and lived off their flesh for several years before dropping a clue which led to his capture. I don't know what was wrong with this brother. He screwed the entire thing up all along. They really need to start showing re-runs of CSI on the Ebony channel.

Bump
01-07-2008, 11:12 AM
so is the movie Silence of the Lambs to blame for this?

stonedstooge
01-07-2008, 11:48 AM
I know it makes it easier to deal with making jokes about these types of situations, but imagine what the poor girls family will have to go through. I worked with a lady for several years whose whole family was murdered one night when she was away by a local neighbor kid that was 15 at the time. She lost her mother, father, brother and sister. This was like 30 some years ago. I had to write letters in her support of not letting the bastard out on parole. She would have the go to the prison once every three years I think it was and confront the bastard about getting out. He could speak to her but she couldn't make replies back to him. A few years ago during one of these hearings he threw out the story that he did it to protect her sister because her father was having an incestous relationship with his daughter. She had to sit there and listen to this demon say things like that about her late family every three years. The world if full of demons and just pray that one never gets into your life. It becomes a lifelong horror to have to deal with. I pray for the girls family.

Halfcan
01-07-2008, 11:51 AM
take him out back and shoot him

C-Mac
01-07-2008, 12:13 PM
so is the movie Silence of the Lambs to blame for this?
The media world or the entertainment world that people divulge there minds in, have no influence on society what-so-ever. Just like 12 years olds bludgeoning infants to death, these types of crimes are nothing new. Its been happening for years but in the past it was always swept under the rug, kept in the closet,.....hush, hush kind of stuff.

KC Kings
01-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Unless it's proven otherwise, I believe he staged the whole thing so he could live the good life in the loony bin instead of getting BF'ed in a Texas prison where he could end up on death row.

You are right, it is all a stage to pull an insanity plea.

There is no way a brother is going to eat another human, and on the slim chance that you get one crazy enough to do it, he won't fillet the meat.

Pushead2
01-07-2008, 12:18 PM

There is no way a brother is going to eat another human, and on the slim chance that you get one crazy enough to do it, he won't fillet the meat.

They would have killed his ass quick if they sent him up the river.

C-Mac
01-07-2008, 12:22 PM

Agreed.

el borracho
01-07-2008, 12:37 PM
See, if I were king of the world insanity would be no excuse; if you are crazy enough to kill people then you are too crazy to live. Hopefully, this guy gets the death penalty so hard-working, normal people don't have to pay for his care and feeding the next 50 years.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-07-2008, 12:39 PM
It was a poor attempt at getting an insanity plea. It could still work in his favor if he can draw in a good high dollar lawyer to take the case for publicity. People, the jury, can be easily led

Inspector
01-07-2008, 12:44 PM
This reminds me....

The weather is nice enough for a bar-b-q today.

FAX
01-07-2008, 12:45 PM
See, if I were king of the world insanity would be no excuse; if you are crazy enough to kill people then you are too crazy to live. Hopefully, this guy gets the death penalty so hard-working, normal people don't have to pay for his care and feeding the next 50 years.

The treatment of the disordered speaks to the evolution of a culture, Mr. el borracho.

The medical community has been studying "insanity" for countless years and, still, no cure has been found. To me, this means that society has a decision to make ... do we make allowances for the insane or do we treat them as we would any other criminal? My feeling is that, since we've wasted the enormous funding psychological science has frittered away in their futile efforts to find a cause and/or cure, we should give all those bastards the needle, too.

FAX

el borracho
01-07-2008, 01:07 PM
Well, I don't know that I would kill all the loonies- just the ones who are dangerous to others. Oh! And the ones who are incurable and have no method of paying for their care.

FAX
01-07-2008, 01:33 PM
I'm talking about the psychologists, Mr. el borracho.

They've wasted enough time and money. We're still arguing over who's crazy and who isn't and Britney Spears is still on the loose. I say enough is enough and let's show them the real meaning of insane.

FAX

tooge
01-07-2008, 01:53 PM
I'm talking about the psychologists, Mr. el borracho.

They've wasted enough time and money. We're still arguing over who's crazy and who isn't and Britney Spears is still on the loose. I say enough is enough and let's show them the real meaning of insane.

FAX

Agreed FAX. Ya know, I have always wondered how the insanity defense is ever used. I mean, dont you have to be crazy to kill or rape someone? I have never done it. There are a few people all of us would like to see dissappear, but none of us has done it right? Why? Because we are of sound mind. The entire insanity plea is bogus. Now, I could see a total freak plea for people that eat others and stuff like that. But crazy, no, everyone that has ever killed another person (not self defense or war time) is crazy if you ask me.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-07-2008, 02:03 PM
I have to return some videotapes.

sedated
01-07-2008, 02:06 PM
that writer sucks

Chief Henry
01-07-2008, 02:10 PM
Dude ! Yuk !

BigMeatballDave
01-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Human flesh actually tastes more like very lean beef.

I've said too much.....<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ug75diEyiA0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ug75diEyiA0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

bowener
01-07-2008, 04:35 PM

You might want to rethink this actually..

A study found that the death penalty costs North Carolina $2.16 million per execution over the costs of a non-death penalty murder case with a sentence of imprisonment for life (Cook & Slawson. 1993). On a national basis, these figures translate to an extra cost of over $700 million dollars spent since 1976 on the death penalty.

What many Americans do not realize is that the death penalty is more costly than incarcerating an inmate for life. A murder trial takes much longer when the death penalty is being pursued. The taxpayer is paying the salaries of the judges, prosecutors, public defenders, court officials, and the cost of briefs. "A 1982 study showed that if the death penalty were reintroduced in the state of New York, the cost of the capital trial alone would be more then double the cost of a life term in prison" (Bright, 1996). The Duke University study estimated that a death penalty trial takes about four times longer than a non-capital murder trial (Bright, 1996). And, of course, not every death penalty trial results in a death sentence. Based on the experience in North Carolina, the authors found that less than a third of capital trials resulted in a death sentence.

Florida spent an estimated $57 million on the death penalty from 1973 to 1988 to achieve 18 executions - that is an average of $3.2 million per execution (Miami Herald). It costs six times more to execute a person in Florida than to incarcerate a prisoner for life with no parole. In Texas, a death penalty case costs an average of $2.3 million, about three times the cost of imprisoning someone in a single cell at the highest security level for 40 years (Dallas Morning News). The death penalty costs California $90 million annually beyond the ordinary costs of the justice system - $78 million of that total incurred at the trial level (Sacramento Bee). The New York Department of Correctional Services estimated that implementing the death penalty would cost the state about $118 million annually. To illustrate the cost, it is estimated that the money it would take to implement the death penalty in New York for just five years would be enough to fund 250 additional police officers and build prisons for 6,000 inmates (Lacayo, 1987).

Lots of interesting facts that most people do not know.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/article.php?did=108
http://www.uvm.edu/~vlrs/doc/deathpenalty.htm

This site is pro-DP, but it is a pretty weak site. I had to do a debate in one of my classes about this stuff, I had to be pro, which I am not... very loose arguments for the pro side due to the LARGE cost of lawyers and all other court costs. I am pretty sure this site says something about one of the studies leaving out all trial costs for a life sentence without parole verdict, but it doesnt bother to explain what it would 'really' cost then... still cheaper btw.
http://www.dpinfo.com/cost_comparisons.htm

I agree with everybody here who thinks this guy staged this in hopes of insanity... it just looks too set up to have people 'see' you cooking her, but you never ate it, most likely.

FAX
01-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Great information, Mr. bowener. I had no idea that the death penalty was more expensive than life in prison. A very interesting factoid, indeed. We have to find a way to cut costs.

Maybe a shark tank like that one they had in that really bad James Bond movie? Sharks don't cost much, are easily replaced with more sharks, and will eat practically anything.

FAX

bowener
01-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Agreed FAX. Ya know, I have always wondered how the insanity defense is ever used. I mean, dont you have to be crazy to kill or rape someone? I have never done it. There are a few people all of us would like to see dissappear, but none of us has done it right? Why? Because we are of sound mind. The entire insanity plea is bogus. Now, I could see a total freak plea for people that eat others and stuff like that. But crazy, no, everyone that has ever killed another person (not self defense or war time) is crazy if you ask me.

Crimes of passion? Or whatever the hell you want to call it when you kill a lover you caught in bed with another, used to be considered 'temporary insanity'... those are the bullshit pleas, which are not allowed anymore because you cannot be temporarily insane. I think Texas does not allow 'not guilty by virtue of insanity', but only allows you to plead guilty of the murder though you were insance, because you did commit the crime afterall... and then you get to go to a mental facility that will treat you equally as shitty as a prison, and if you are ever 'cured' you get to go to prison for your full term.

Some people realy are insane when they kill people though, and really wouldnt do it if they were of sound mind such as you or I.

Simply Red
01-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Man, you never know. Look how normal he looks.

bowener
01-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Great information, Mr. bowener. I had no idea that the death penalty was more expensive than life in prison. A very interesting factoid, indeed. We have to find a way to cut costs.

Maybe a shark tank like that one they had in that really bad James Bond movie? Sharks don't cost much, are easily replaced with more sharks, and will eat practically anything.

FAX

I like the shark idea, but the problem isnt in the method sadly, so no cheap ideas... the monsterous costs for all of this are in the trials and appeals. Once you are found guilty of a murder in a DP state, you have to have an entirely different/seperate trial to decide if you are going to be put to death or receive life in prison, which takes months more to complete.

I am fond of the prison island idea, where you dump the worst of the worst on an island and forget them... but sadly there are no more Austrailias in the world now FAX.... perhaps.... THE MOON!!!

FAX
01-07-2008, 04:53 PM
I like the shark idea, but the problem isnt in the method sadly, so no cheap ideas... the monsterous costs for all of this are in the trials and appeals. Once you are found guilty of a murder in a DP state, you have to have an entirely different/seperate trial to decide if you are going to be put to death or receive life in prison, which takes months more to complete.

I am fond of the prison island idea, where you dump the worst of the worst on an island and forget them... but sadly there are no more Austrailias in the world now FAX.... perhaps.... THE MOON!!!

The moon is out. We've been warned off by aliens.

Hmmmm. Prison asteroid? Nope, too small. Mars? No, too far. How about Manhattan? We could evacuate all the current residents, bomb the bridges, build a wall around the shoreline, load the place up with bad guys, and just let 'em work it out on their own!!

FAX

bowener
01-07-2008, 04:58 PM
The moon is out. We've been warned off by aliens.

Hmmmm. Prison asteroid? Nope, too small. Mars? No, too far. How about Manhattan? We could evacuate all the current residents, bomb the bridges, build a wall around the shoreline, load the place up with bad guys, and just let 'em work it out on their own!!

FAX

And when does Snake Plissken come into play exactly?

edit: I guess next year! http://www.movieweb.com/movies/film/02/5302/summary.php

REDHOTGTO
01-07-2008, 05:01 PM
i think he did that in the wrong state !

Chiefs_5627
01-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Dont do drugs. :drool:

bowener
01-07-2008, 05:19 PM
:hmmm:
Maybe we should post this in here as well:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/01/07/cake.irpt/index.html

gotta love CNN for putting these two article together on the main page... cheeky bastards.

Deberg_1990
01-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Heres the victims myspace page.

Sad....

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=78489621