PDA

View Full Version : Kitten kills woman to save its own life

Rooster
01-07-2008, 04:41 PM
:spock: :stupid:

Woman Drowns In Rain Barrel

SANTA FE, N.M. -- A woman drowned when she apparently tried to retrieve a kitten from a 55-gallon rain barrel at her home southeast of Santa Fe.

Santa Fe County Sheriff Greg Solano said 48-year-old Deborah Hill was found by her husband Sunday afternoon after he returned home from running errands. Solano said the couple had dragged the plastic barrel inside their home because they wanted to thaw ice that had formed in the barrel.

The barrel, which Solano said was tied to a door so it wouldn't tip, was about one-third full of water when the kitten fell in. Solano said Hill apparently was standing on something to reach down for the kitten when she slid in.

Detectives said it's likely she drowned and the kitten climbed out over her.

http://www.koat.com/news/14993696/detail.html

Pablo
01-07-2008, 04:43 PM
How the f*ck does this stuff happen?

I'm guessing she was a larger gal, who lacked the ability to pull herself back out of the deep deep darkness of a 55-gallon drum...

DBO82
01-07-2008, 04:45 PM
OWND

Sure-Oz
01-07-2008, 04:46 PM
is it ok to laugh?? this kind of shit shouldn't happen

ferrarispider95
01-07-2008, 04:46 PM
How do you get a 55 gal drum in the house filled with ice. It would weigh 440lbs if full.

DMAC
01-07-2008, 04:47 PM
I'll give you a hint to what actually happened: Husbands don't run errands.

Sully
Must've been a great tasting kitten... or so she thought.

HolmeZz
survival of the cutest

JBucc
01-07-2008, 04:49 PM
How do you get a 55 gal drum in the house filled with ice. It would weigh 440lbs if full.That's what I was thinking. Who says "run errands" anymore? That's like that one thread where a kid went to "get some sweets".

noa
01-07-2008, 04:49 PM

Yeah, I can't believe they are buying his story.

dr00d
01-07-2008, 04:55 PM
How do you get a 55 gal drum in the house filled with ice. It would weigh 440lbs if full.

only one third...geez...who can't lift 150 pounds of ice and a round bottom barrel anyways...

Rooster
01-07-2008, 05:00 PM
is it ok to laugh?? this kind of shit shouldn't happen

I hope it's okay to laugh because this is hilarious. Although like someone else pointed out earlier the husband was in on it. He might have been working with the kitten.

unlurking
01-07-2008, 05:05 PM
Tommykat?!

ottawa_chiefs_fan
01-07-2008, 05:16 PM
Title really should be "Woman Sacrifices Life to Save Kitten" - I mean she did - right? Probably should have put a little more thought into HOW to do it though?

kaplin42
01-07-2008, 05:18 PM
And the scrubbing of the gene pool has begun.

Thank goodness.

stumppy
01-07-2008, 05:20 PM
I hope it's okay to laugh because this is hilarious. Although like someone else pointed out earlier the husband was in on it. He might have been working with the kitten.

He was probably just interested in a little pussy.

AZORChiefFan
01-07-2008, 05:23 PM
I'm thinking that maybe the woman was walking by the barrel and had a corn dog in her mouth. When she saw her reflection and mistook the reflection as a real corn dog and dove in. The kitten seeing her struggle fell from a shelf into the water and used the now dead woman as a ladder.

I saw a CSI Miami just like this. Horatio said something like "Now that's a wet…pussy" while taking his glasses off and staring with his head tilted into the camera.

Gonzo
01-07-2008, 05:23 PM
How do you get 300 kittens into a 55 gallon drum?

Blender

How do you get them out?

Doritos

kaplin42
01-07-2008, 05:26 PM
How do you get 300 kittens into a 55 gallon drum?

Blender

How do you get them out?

Doritos

Dead Baby Jokes FTW!!!

Fire Me Boy!
01-07-2008, 05:28 PM

I'm guessing she was a larger gal, who lacked the ability to pull herself back out of the deep deep darkness of a 55-gallon drum...
Just think of how tall a 55-gallon drum is. If she dove in head-first it's certainly possible that with her arms to her side she was unable to get into a position suitable to push herself out of the water, and considering the length of the barrel wouldn't be able to grab the rim.

Considering the barrel was tied to something to keep it from tipping over, she was unable to fall to the floor, thereby spilling the water.

Seriously, how many 48-year-old women (or men, for that matter) do you know that can do what is essentially a handstand push-up? Shit, I'm 29 and I couldn't do one. My only hope would be adrenaline. However, at the same time, you use more oxygen when you're in a panic state and very likely wouldn't be able to get your wits about you when you're drowning in a barrel.

AZORChiefFan
01-07-2008, 05:32 PM
Hey rooster I have a clock that has that version of the Jayhawk on it. Then surrounding the Jhawk are the other big 8 mascots from that era replacing some of the numbers.

Tribal Warfare
01-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Darwin Award?

FAX
01-07-2008, 05:45 PM
I'm not buying this. Not one bit. There's something fishy about this deal, I tell you.

How do the authorities know there was a cat in the barrel? Because the cat was wet?

FAX

Braincase
01-07-2008, 05:46 PM
And that's why they designed fishing spears.

MTG#10
01-07-2008, 05:52 PM
If the husband wasnt home, how does he know she fell in trying to save the kitten? What evidence is there to suggest that the kitten was ever in the barrel?

FAX
01-07-2008, 05:55 PM
If the husband wasnt home, how does he know she fell in trying to save the kitten? What evidence is there to suggest that the kitten was ever in the barrel?

Exactly. This is a bogus story from top to bottom. A guy comes home and says, "Hey! My wife is upside down in a barrel of water!! She must have been fishing for cats!!".

I don't think so.

FAX

Fire Me Boy!
01-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Exactly. This is a bogus story from top to bottom. A guy comes home and says, "Hey! My wife is upside down in a barrel of water!! She must have been fishing for cats!!".

I don't think so.

FAX
Perhaps they'd seen the kitten circling the rim a lot? Plausible.

Cochise
01-07-2008, 06:39 PM
Tommykat?!

this post rules

siberian khatru
01-07-2008, 06:40 PM
That has already been covered in "Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Wet Pussy."

Frazod
01-07-2008, 06:47 PM
Sounds like a successful rescue to me. :thumb:

jjchieffan
01-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Hmmmm. I need a barrel and a kitten. :ROFL:

Demonpenz
01-07-2008, 07:20 PM
sounds like the purrrfect murder

unlurking
01-07-2008, 07:54 PM
this post rules
Thanks, cross thread humor from years past usually goes unnoticed. Glad to know I'm not the only one that thinks laundry dryers are just as dangerous as 55 gallon barrels.

:D

Halfcan
01-07-2008, 08:45 PM
wow that is a silly way to go

el borracho
01-07-2008, 08:56 PM
survival of the cutest
Niiiiiiice!

el borracho
01-07-2008, 08:59 PM
There was a witness:http://blog.simplyhired.com/images/sn/dog_tag1.jpg

el borracho
01-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Actually, I would guess there were claw marks up the woman's body where the cat climbed out.

FAX
01-07-2008, 09:07 PM
The body of Deborah lies interred in this ground
She died grabbing her pussy when no one was around

FAX

MVChiefFan
01-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Maybe there was antifreeze in the barrel.

Bump
01-07-2008, 10:44 PM

for sure, unless the lady is a cripple they should definately investigate foul play. A 55 gal drum of water? I'm trying to imagine what that would look like and I can't see drowning in it. Unless it was like an oil drum...kind shaped like a tall keg? and she fell face first into it and couldn't get out. I dunno, sounds ridiculous.

cdcox
01-07-2008, 10:48 PM
Maybe there was antifreeze in the barrel.

So I see this thread over an hour ago and figure "oh, and antifreeze thread" and don't bother to open it. A while later, I read the starter, and think "anti-freeze joke within the first 4 posts". So I start reading. And reading. Not a drop of anitfeeze to be found. What an awesome triumph I will have to make a antifreeze joke so deep into a thread about kittens, and barrels, and dead people.

And then, in the last post in the thread. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

MVChiefFan
01-07-2008, 10:50 PM
So I see this thread over an hour ago and figure "oh, and antifreeze thread" and don't bother to open it. A while later, I read the starter, and think "anti-freeze joke within the first 4 posts". So I start reading. And reading. Not a drop of anitfeeze to be found. What an awesome triumph I will have to make a antifreeze joke so deep into a thread about kittens, and barrels, and dead people.

And then, in the last post in the thread. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

ROFL I thought the same thing. I actually read through everything twice because I couldn't believe there was no antifreeze joke. So, I rendered my services.

ChiefFan31
01-07-2008, 11:05 PM

+ Eleventy

I shouldn't laugh at such things but Damn!

ChiefFan31
01-07-2008, 11:08 PM
I saw a CSI Miami just like this. Horatio said something like "Now that's a wet…pussy" while taking his glasses off and staring with his head tilted into the camera.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Rep! I have been watching that show lately too.

CrazyPhuD
01-08-2008, 12:04 AM
Proof that no matter how tempted you may be, sometimes a wet pussy just isn't worth it. It'll get you killed and walk all over you to boot!

C-Mac
01-08-2008, 02:17 AM
This is a very fishy story for sure. The height of a 55 gallon drum is 43 inches high which means the water level was around 28 inches from the top ridge. The average arm lenth for a woman is around 23 inches meaning she just would have to extend herself 5 inches, plus a cats reach is probably at least 5 inches. Absolutely no need to dive that far into the barrel unless the kitty was laying dead on the bottom or hubby wanted to help her to the bottom.

blueballs
01-08-2008, 02:26 AM
You're as cold as ice
You're willing to sacrifice our love

You never take advice
Someday you'll pay the price
I know

I've seen it before
It happens all the time
You're closing the door
You leave the world behind
You're digging for gold
Yet throwing away
A fortune in feelings
But someday you'll pay

You're as cold as ice
You want Paradise
But someday you'll pay the price
I know

I've seen it before
It happens all the time
You're closing the door
You're digging for gold
Yet throwing away
A fortune in feelings
But someday you'll pay

Cold as ice, you know that you are
Cold, cold, as, as, ice, as cold as ice to me
Cold, cold, as, as, ice

Ooh, ooh, ooh, cold as, cold as ice
You're as cold as ice
You're as cold as ice, cold as ice, I know
You're as cold as ice, yes I know
You're as cold as ice, oh yes I know
You're as cold as ice, cold as ice

thehead
01-08-2008, 06:52 AM
You're as cold as ice

You never take advice
Someday you'll pay the price
I know

I've seen it before
It happens all the time
You're closing the door
You're digging for gold
Yet throwing away
A fortune in feelings
But someday you'll pay

You're as cold as ice
You want Paradise
But someday you'll pay the price
I know

I've seen it before
It happens all the time
You're closing the door
You're digging for gold
Yet throwing away
A fortune in feelings
But someday you'll pay

Cold as ice, you know that you are
Cold, cold, as, as, ice, as cold as ice to me
Cold, cold, as, as, ice

Ooh, ooh, ooh, cold as, cold as ice
You're as cold as ice
You're as cold as ice, yes I know
You're as cold as ice, cold as ice

:p wow what a way to go

Rooster
01-08-2008, 09:18 AM

ROFL ROFL That is one of the funniest things I have read on here. rep