PDA

View Full Version : Chris cooley blown away by loudness of Qwest..

Joe Seahawk
01-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Pretty cool.. for those that watched it on TV could you tell how loud it was in there?

http://www.eitmonline.com/eitmonline2/media/eitmlive/A333482DC7_cooley_EITM010708.mp3

C-Mac
01-07-2008, 11:17 PM
Couldn't really hear the game over the kids. :p
The Hawks did look pretty good Joe. [/envious]

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-07-2008, 11:29 PM
Nice speakers can have that effect on someone.

doomy3
01-07-2008, 11:30 PM
It definitely seemed very loud during the broadcast

Quiet Storm
01-07-2008, 11:31 PM
Didnt the announces say they built the stadium to funnel the crowd sound better?

Just giving them the benefit of the doubt.

SBK
01-07-2008, 11:32 PM
I like that 12th man flag raising thing. Kind of like the home of the CHIEFS type of fun before the game.

Quiet Storm
01-07-2008, 11:36 PM
Interesting.....just listening now.....

That's funny that Cooley and Co would tell Collins just to give them the play as soon as he got it before the crowd got louder than they were.

Joe Seahawk
01-08-2008, 12:32 AM
Didnt the announces say they built the stadium to funnel the crowd sound better?

Some dudes with really thick glasses designed the roof canopies to create a big Parabolic reflector (or something like that) That shit works!

Guru
01-08-2008, 12:35 AM
You knew somebody would say it. :)

Joe Seahawk
01-08-2008, 12:39 AM

The giants complained a few years ago so the NFL investigated and found nothing.. there is no artificial noise.. It's just directed at the field..

OnTheWarpath58
01-08-2008, 12:43 AM

Just like they did at Arrowhead.

IIRC, an article I read mentioned that the lower bowl/concourse was designed to roll the sound back toward the field.

And the hollow plastic seats were ****ing genius.

Joe Seahawk
01-08-2008, 01:01 AM
Not on topic, but Hass is a funny SOB.. :)

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d805d08b7

Thig Lyfe
01-08-2008, 01:13 AM
I like that 12th man flag raising thing. Kind of like the home of the CHIEFS type of fun before the game.
I think the home of the CHIEFS thing is bullshit. The Star Spangled Banner is a shitty-ass song musically, but it's the National Anthem and it deserves some measure of respect.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-08-2008, 01:16 AM
I've been to a few games. Seattle is underrated when it comes to crowd noise. I honestly think it's the new Arrowhead. I've never been to Arrowhead, :( but I've always thought Arrowhead had the loudest crowd up until this year.

MadMax
01-08-2008, 01:36 AM
Just like they did at Arrowhead.

IIRC, an article I read mentioned that the lower bowl/concourse was designed to roll the sound back toward the field.

And the hollow plastic seats were ****ing genius.

Oh great! Thanks alot, my Daddy told me it was the Gods howling in anger..Next yer gonna tell me there is no Santa Claus? We don't get French benifits? Just freakin great mister party pooper. :(

OnTheWarpath58
01-08-2008, 01:47 AM
There is no Santa Claus.

No French benefits, either.

Consistent1
01-08-2008, 01:48 AM
There is no Santa Claus.

No French benefits, either.

Cooley is still better than "Gonzo" regardless of the noise level.

acesn8s
01-08-2008, 01:56 AM
I think the home of the CHIEFS thing is bullshit. The Star Spangled Banner is a shitty-ass song musically, but it's the National Anthem and it deserves some measure of respect.Then tell that to the damn artist that think it should be done every which way but right.

Thig Lyfe
01-08-2008, 02:33 AM
Then tell that to the damn artist that think it should be done every which way but right.

The guy who "sang" it before the BCS Nat Champ murdered it and f*cked its corpse.

I think that when you have three hours to be a drunken moron and have fun, you can afford to hold off all the way through the National Anthem.

bowener
01-08-2008, 04:23 AM
I think the home of the CHIEFS thing is bullshit. The Star Spangled Banner is a shitty-ass song musically, but it's the National Anthem and it deserves some measure of respect.

It would be a hell of a lot easier to respect if we didnt sing it before every single sporting event. By age 3 you are numb to the damn thing. Not to piss anyone off, but what is so patriotic about sports? Why do we have to have a "shitty-ass song" horribly sung before every ****ing event?? It makes sense for the Olympics when the winning nation has its song played, that is pretty cool. It makes sense in soccer when differing nations compete on a regular basis. But why do we have it played before T-ball games, swim meets, football, basketball, baseball (which started the tradition during WWII)... I know I sound like a dick, but I just want somebody to explain it to me.

I know somebody on here will jump all over me for not being patriotic enough or some shit, that is their opinion, that is fine.

Also, isnt saying "home of the Chiefs" expressing my freedom of speech? If I cant do that, then there is no point in singing the National Anthem, no matter how over played and shitty it has become.

And yes I do love America, so no need to tell me to get out.

bowener
01-08-2008, 04:25 AM
The guy who "sang" it before the BCS Nat Champ murdered it and f*cked its corpse.

I think that when you have three hours to be a drunken moron and have fun, you can afford to hold off all the way through the National Anthem.

God damn that guy looked like a douche. His hair was spiked up like 5 inches, making him look like a douche rooster... douchster if you will..... or perhaps a rooche.... he sucked.

BigRedChief
01-08-2008, 06:50 AM
I've been to a few games. Seattle is underrated when it comes to crowd noise. I honestly think it's the new Arrowhead. I've never been to Arrowhead, :( but I've always thought Arrowhead had the loudest crowd up until this year.
Last 3 years we haven't been consistently loud. We have our moments(Thanksgiving night vs. Donks) but it's not the same. We can still tailgate with the best but we can't rock a stadium like the best in the NFL.

beach tribe
01-08-2008, 07:39 AM
:rolleyes:

StcChief
01-08-2008, 08:31 AM
Have Cooley come back with his Stats in 10 years and we will see.

Consistent1
01-08-2008, 09:07 AM
Have Cooley come back with his Stats in 10 years and we will see.

Gonzo is the Moss of the Chiefs offense. Cooley is a lot younger and plays a smaller role in that game plan. I would much rather have him right now. Something about Gonzo always rubs me wrong, plus everyone on here has the knee pads on for the guy.

Consistent1
01-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Plus, the nickname "Gonzo" sucks. I didn't know if you guys would be able to tell that I was making fun of that. Haha.

beach tribe
01-08-2008, 09:12 AM
Gonzo is the Moss of the Chiefs offense. Cooley is a lot younger and plays a smaller role in that game plan. I would much rather have him right now. Something about Gonzo always rubs me wrong, plus everyone on here has the knee pads on for the guy.
That seems to happen when you have the best player of all time at a position.
Moss? please.
D Bowe>Moss.