PDA

View Full Version : Terry Glenn...yes or no?

CanadaKC
07-30-2001, 11:21 AM
It's a very realistic possiblity that the Pats will soon remove this cancer from their team, and in the process, taking it square in the cap where it hurts. Although he comes with a lot of baggage...
is he worth a look in K.C.? I'm assuming that if he is in fact released, there will be at least a half-dozen teams interested.

BTW, this is the last time I will ask this question. ;)

DaWolf
07-30-2001, 12:11 PM
Yes, but we're going to have a hard time affording him. For that reason he will wind up elsewhere should he be released...

Otter
07-30-2001, 01:02 PM
What DaWolf said!

The Bad Guy
07-30-2001, 01:51 PM
Without a shadow of a doubt, YES.

Glenn is the deep threat we would covet in this offense and it would allow Snoop to come out of the slot.

I've been a vocal leader of the movement to get Terry Glenn since June, and would be thrilled to see him in red.

I would try to make a deal with the Pats for him. His contract is very cap friendly for the first three years.

HC_Chief
07-30-2001, 02:02 PM
Damn Skippy!

(translation: HELL YES) :)

CanadaKC
07-30-2001, 02:38 PM
Wouldn't the Pats have to swallow a lot or some of Glenn's cap money and salary if they release him? And if that's the case, wouldn't he come cheap by those standards?

Logical
07-30-2001, 04:05 PM
I really would not want to add TGlenn as he is not our future, letting the young guys play and learn is my preference for this season. I think that we just need to let D. Mayes provide the veteran backup and concentrate any cap room we have left on a player that comes available at either CB or a backup for the line. I am not convinced that T Glenn has enough of a future left to take the risk on him and just hope that he goes to an NFC team.

Please note that I am not saying T Glenn is not a good quality receiver, just that for where we are at I do not see him as a fit.

Brock
07-30-2001, 07:55 PM
To paraphrase the Tuna: She's not very tough.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-30-2001, 08:31 PM
"Terry Glenn...yes or no?"

I don't know, doesn't the guy have character problems?

CG

wants to find out if this guy is a cancer before he votes

Rausch
07-30-2001, 09:06 PM
Sign him for camp...

He doesn't make the cut as a player, drop him.

He doesn't make the cup as a person, drop him.

He ends up the complete player, then he should make the cut...;)

aturnis
07-30-2001, 09:12 PM
I doubt the Pats will let him go.......they don't want to suffer that kind of cap hit. Kind of like us and Dan Williams, I think of Dan as a cancer b/c he takes up valuable cap space with no contribution, but we don't get rid of him. Even if they do release him, we won't have the cap room to sign him, he will want the dollar$.....the dolla$ we ain't got!:(

TEX
07-31-2001, 12:54 AM
To me it's an absolute "no brainer" to get Glenn if he were available and we could afford him somehow. He'd instantly solidify one of the weakest positions on the team. He could also be a part of this team for a long time. So Icast my vote for YES!

aturnis
07-31-2001, 01:19 AM
We could have come up with the money for Corey Dillon SOMEHOW too when RB was our weakest position on the team, but we didn't.......and for the same reason I think IF he is released someone else will pick him up......

keg in kc
07-31-2001, 01:22 AM
The only way we could afford glenn would be if he agreed to take a vet minimum salary and a bonus well under what he probably thinks he's worth.

I don't see that happening but I guess you never know.

Saggysack
07-31-2001, 02:34 AM
I agree with keg. Alot more teams have alot more money to offer Glenn than what the Chiefs have and Glenn will go where the money will lead him if he is released.

Honestly though I don't see Glenn getting released for 1 second

mcan
07-31-2001, 03:13 AM
I'm sure he will be released. Although he has put up nearly 1000 yards almost every year of his 5 year career, he has found himself a backup at camp. Also, apperently the Pats have yet to give him his $1 mil bonus that was due him on June 15. He has thought about filing a greivance with the league over the dispute, and if that happens he may not need to be released. Without the bonus money, he could be declared a free agent. The dispute needs to be settled by the end of this month which is some kind of deadline, although I'm not sure why. This all came on the heals of an incident where a prosecutor is trying to nail him on an assult charge. Allegedly, on May 15th he and his ex were in an argument and he shoved her. She fell down. His 5 year old son saw it all. "daddy pushed mommy and mommy fell down" His ex (terry glenn jr's mom) signed an afidavit stating that he never struck her and she is trying to get the charges dropped. She has publicly stated that she believes he didn't do anything illegal. But, the DA took the 5 year olds statment and is trying to build a case.
Sounds to me like he needs a change of scenery and KC may be the perfect place. These charges are rediculous even if he did push her, which you shouldn't do to a lady, that's no reason to think he's a bad guy. I don't know of any other stories about him being a cancer or a problem child. It's not like he's stealing cars or dealing drugs. When he becomes available, the Chiefs need to Ink him. And, I'm sure we can find a way to fit him under the cap. If we don't someone like the Seahawks will, and it will come back to haunt us later.:eek:

mcan
07-31-2001, 03:35 AM
Patriots | Police & Courts - from KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
June 22, 2001 13:00:00 PT The Boston Globe reports New England Patriots WR Terry Glenn has settled on charges that he groped a woman outside of a Saugus nightclub back in 1999 just four days before a trial was scheduled to begin. Felicia Jones filed a lawsuit that alleged Glenn groped her and urinated on her limousine. Her attorney stated there has been a settlement. Since no police report was filed, the documentation of the files would be sealed.

OK so the guy probably needs to get off the sauce. But I still say sign him. We need at least one trouble maker. And who knows, maybe it's a bad rap. Maybe this chick is psyco and thinks-Hey, that guy grabbed my butt, I'll take him for a million dollars.

Saggysack
07-31-2001, 04:10 AM
http://www.s-t.com/daily/03-00/03-22-00/d05sp107.htm

http://www.s-t.com/daily/09-00/09-01-00/c01sp016.htm

http://www.seacoastonline.com/1999news/12_2_sb1.htm

and he is injury prone

mcan
07-31-2001, 05:14 AM
yep, he needs to quit drinking. It seems he is living the life of excess and it's dragging him down.

"My parents pulled this same act for years."

I had a rocky childhood, so I can understand the problems he might be having. Compound that with all the money, and the high profile spotlight of an NFL receiver and a lot of little problems can become really significant. Domestic problems, reckless endangerment, habitually being late. These things are pretty innocent, but when they are frequent there is a problem and 99 times out of 100 the problem is alcohol.
Still, maybe I'm just desensitised, but I'll reitterate at least he isn't selling crack. If he can contribute to the team, sign him.

TEX
07-31-2001, 09:14 AM
Aturnis,
Well the last time I checked, we're still going with some type of RBBC. I don't think the Chiefs ever really could have signed Dillon because Brown said that he would not let Dillon go. This one's different. If there is a way that makes sense to sign Glenn, it should be done.