PDA

View Full Version : If Obama wins... will the "the man" excuses stop?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Micjones
01-08-2008, 02:23 AM
It shouldn't but it does.
YOU KNOW WHERE YOU CAME FROM.
You know you're a Neanderthal from Persia (wanna know how I know you're gay?)

We just think/guess that we were slaves and our history was stripped.
Like I said... it doesn't really matter but it does.

Let you tell it we should be thankful for slavery.

wutamess
01-08-2008, 02:24 AM
It's like... Christianity... Book in the bible were hidden/burned and lies have been created to propel the religion.

But educated Christians WANT TO KNOW more about what they actually are.

Are you content with accepting what you've been force fed, knowing that the TRUTH is out there somewhere?

Mr. Flopnuts
01-08-2008, 02:25 AM
Furthermore... his grandparents or his parents were/are Muslim that's where he gets his name from.

I don't know his religion but I know he's not Muslim.
So now you can vote for him since he meets the non-muslim criteria.

I can only keep track of one conversation at a time, so this may have been stated. Didn't he go to a "radical muslim" (as reported by the media) school? Did he convert if that's the case?

Thig Lyfe
01-08-2008, 02:26 AM
I think I've done a better job of articulating my thoughts in more recent posts.
Nah, I've read all those. You're still completely irrational.

Besides, I don't think grouping Muslims as homicidal is that big of a stretch to be honest.

Why am I not surprised?

Hopefully in 50 years (or by some miracle before that) you'll "get over it" the same way you think WWII vets should get over hating the Japanese. Apparently that's the standard for how long an irrational, bigoted stance gets before it's unacceptable.

MadMax
Do black folks really know whether their ancestors were slaves or if they immigrated? I know my paternal side immigrated in the early 1900's but I don't know anything beyond that. The only cultural item we continue to embrace is a pastry we make at Christmas.

I'm not trying to belittle that stance, just understand why something from nearly 2 centuries ago continues to be such an issue for people. Most folks think those impacted by Pearl Harbor should get over the whole Japan hate and that was merely 50 years ago. I'm not trying to compare Pearl Harbor to slavery, just coming up with the closest thing I could associate with regard to time frames.

All I know Phobia is I nor my family has ever owned or profited from slaves so I owe no one jack shit....If they wanna gangsta up and shoot at me i'll shoot back... just sayin.

wutamess
Let you tell it we should be thankful for slavery.

I am.
But I never said that what happened was right or just.
It was horrible but (as bad as it sounds) I'm happy it existed for my own personal benefit.

I guess if you don't get it... It's like...
I think Hitler was one of the smartest people ever.
He was a nobody that led a nation and almost the world while committing genocide against approx. 6-12 (I think is the official guestimation) million Jews.

Horrible tragedy but that was one smart man.

Thig Lyfe
01-08-2008, 02:27 AM
I can only keep track of one conversation at a time, so this may have been stated. Didn't he go to a "radical muslim" (as reported by the media) school? Did he convert if that's the case?

No, it's all RWNJ propaganda bullshit planted to get irrational folks like Phobia to perceive Obama as a terrorist. As you can see, it's worked.

Phobia
01-08-2008, 02:28 AM
Slavery was an institution that extended well beyond 1865.
That's why it's still significant.

It was? Okay, that's why I don't understand. I'll admit to significant ignorance. I've studied racism as has any child going through public education but I guess I didn't really connect racism as having all that much to do with slavery. Do black folks feel as though the racism they encounter is simply extending the institution of slavery? If so, then I've achieved significant insight tonight.

Thig Lyfe
01-08-2008, 02:30 AM
No, it's all RWNJ propaganda bullshit planted to get irrational folks like Phobia to perceive Obama as a terrorist. As you can see, it's worked.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

MadMax
01-08-2008, 02:30 AM
I think I've done a better job of articulating my thoughts in more recent posts.

Besides, I don't think grouping Muslims as homicidal is that big of a stretch to be honest.

Nothing wrong with your articulation Phobia :)

Thig Lyfe
01-08-2008, 02:31 AM
It was?

!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

Significant ignorance is right.

wutamess
01-08-2008, 02:31 AM
It was? Okay, that's why I don't understand. I'll admit to significant ignorance. I've studied racism as has any child going through public education but I guess I didn't really connect racism as having all that much to do with slavery. Do black folks feel as though the racism they encounter is simply extending the institution of slavery? If so, then I've achieved significant insight tonight.

Yes.
Racism is alive and well and it's a direct result of slavery.
But my grandfather once told me that racism stops at green (meaning $). There's some truth to that.

Phobia
01-08-2008, 02:33 AM
Nah, I've read all those. You're still completely irrational.

Why am I not surprised?

Hopefully in 50 years (or by some miracle before that) you'll "get over it" the same way you think WWII vets should get over hating the Japanese. Apparently that's the standard for how long an irrational, bigoted stance gets before it's unacceptable.

*I* don't think WWII vets should get over their dislike of Japanese. I think they were conditioned that way and it's completely rational. They'll never get over but everyone who subscribes to every politically correct notion thinks they're wrong for it. I don't. I think they've formed their own opinions based on some very valid data. They're entitled and while I don't personally share their hate I don't blame them for it.

acesn8s
01-08-2008, 02:34 AM
I think there's a difference between believing in what's right for the country and believing in whatever concept of God (or lack of a God) you may have. It obviously can influence policy, but I'm not voting for Huckabee because (for example) he's anti-choice, not because he's Christian, even though his Christianity does inform his anti-choice opinion. Obama is Christian as well but his belief on the issue is different, so I'm voting for him.

But we're getting slightly off-track. Phobia has a totally distorted view of Muslims, and he wouldn't vote for one not because of their beliefs, per se, but because a guy of that belief f*cked his wife. He's grouping them all together and branding them as homicidal wife-f*ckers, and that's wrong.So you have picked just one issue and found a canidate that has said all of the right things for you for that one issue and that makes him qualified to send our troops to war, decide which taxes should be signed into law, and what to do about illegal immigration? You should not judge Phobia's stance just yet. At least he still has time to decide who he likes. You have already made up your mind over a year before that person can even take office.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-08-2008, 02:37 AM
*I* don't think WWII vets should get over their dislike of Japanese. I think they were conditioned that way and it's completely rational. They'll never get over but everyone who subscribes to every politically correct notion thinks they're wrong for it. I don't. I think they've formed their own opinions based on some very valid data. They're entitled and while I don't personally share their hate I don't blame them for it.

You'd hope that they would have evolved to understand at this point, some of the valid data they received was blown out of proportion, and exaggerated by emotional men. It may have been valid at the time, but that doesn't mean that we haven't learned we were wrong. It repeats throughout history. 500 years from now racism will be this generations "burning witches at the stake"

Phobia
01-08-2008, 02:37 AM
!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

Significant ignorance is right.

That's a bit uncalled for. Naturally, some racism is due to slavery. I just thought that much of it had greyed over the years into something that just was what it was.

Just because I had a breakthrough in my mind (and am willing to admit it) doesn't mean you should insult me for it.

Phobia
01-08-2008, 02:41 AM

Like Phobia? I sought clarification and gained it.

Thig Lyfe
01-08-2008, 02:42 AM
So you have picked just one issue and found a canidate that has said all of the right things for you for that one issue and that makes him qualified to send our troops to war, decide which taxes should be signed into law, and what to do about illegal immigration?

I qualified that with "for example". It's not the only issue I'm voting on, it's an example of one.

I'm tired. Goodnight everybody.

Phobia
01-08-2008, 02:42 AM
I'm tired. Goodnight everybody.
Likewise.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-08-2008, 02:43 AM
Likewise.

Hasta loo alla lay low phildo.

acesn8s
01-08-2008, 02:44 AM
It was? Okay, that's why I don't understand. I'll admit to significant ignorance. I've studied racism as has any child going through public education but I guess I didn't really connect racism as having all that much to do with slavery. Do black folks feel as though the racism they encounter is simply extending the institution of slavery? If so, then I've achieved significant insight tonight.Wow! I didn't know that the racism against the Irish came from slavery either Phobia. Who knew?

MadMax
01-08-2008, 02:51 AM
You'd hope that they would have evolved to understand at this point, some of the valid data they received was blown out of proportion, and exaggerated by emotional men. It may have been valid at the time, but that doesn't mean that we haven't learned we were wrong. It repeats throughout history. 500 years from now racism will be this generations "burning witches at the stake"

I happen to like Japanese ppl, but they did attack us. When I was in the Army most Korean ppl were very rude " it's a cultural thing ". But I have 2 Korean step- brothers and a sister and they are very friendly and good ppl. I can remember the Koreans in all the military bars with their "buy me drinky buy me drinky " mantra it just made me almost hate them...I guess what I'm tryin to say is situations make ppl act a certain way, but certain cultures have to take some blame for their actions.. My Dad was drafted twice and fought in both the Korean war and Vietnam, He hated no one, he embraced both cultures and i'll always respect him for that. Blah sorry to ramble im done :)

Mr. Flopnuts
01-08-2008, 02:56 AM
I happen to like Japanese ppl, but they did attack us. When I was in the Army most Korean ppl were very rude " it's a cultural thing ". But I have 2 Korean step- brothers and a sister and they are very friendly and good ppl. I can remember the Koreans in all the military bars with their "buy me drinky buy me drinky " mantra it just made me almost hate them...I guess what I'm tryin to say is situations make ppl act a certain way, but certain cultures have to take some blame for their actions.. My Dad was drafted twice and fought in both the Korean war and Vietnam, He hated no one, he embraced both cultures and i'll always respect him for that. Blah sorry to ramble im done :)

Shit bro, we're friends IRL you never have anything to be sorry for with me. I totally understand where you're coming from. If someone has a lot of negative experiences with other people that fit the same creed, you are going to have some bitterness about it. Especially if they were trying to kill you!!! I just believe that you can't lump "everyone" together regarding anything. I know you do too. Not like on teh intraweb, but in real life.

Saggysack
01-08-2008, 05:28 AM
MOphilbilly

Lbedrock1
01-08-2008, 05:34 AM
As I expected. But had to ask.
The problem with you is you think "The Man" is a real man. You think he is white. No matter who wins it will still be use because the man is..................the system which has been astablished to keep certain people and establishments on top. Really it is becoming more of a class war than a racial war now. This is why obama leads in the primary more white are being affected by "The Man".

Baby Lee
01-08-2008, 06:27 AM
That's America.

Intolerant. Insensitive. Ignorant.
That's black folk.

Paranoid, pessimistic, blame shifting.

See what I did there?

memyselfI
01-08-2008, 06:31 AM
No, it will continue it's paradigm shift from blubbering black men whining to blubbering white men whining. :deevee:

When a minority gets the top job then it's proof positive to those men that they are being overlooked and their jobs taken over by minorities and quotas have gone waaaaaaaaay too far.
:hmmm:

Dr.Fine
01-08-2008, 08:17 AM
MOphilbilly

ROFL

patteeu
01-08-2008, 08:28 AM

I don't know why I'm defending Obama from misconception because I think there's plenty to not like about him like his left wing policy positions and his current church which preaches a theology that is informed by marxism and that if it were white-race-focused instead of black-race-focused would be considered racist. Nonetheless, to address your question, Obama attended a madrassa in Indonesia as a child. Today's madrassas in that part of the world are often radicalized and churn out fodder for the jihadists, but Obama attended one before Saudi Wahabis had started their earnest campaign to radicalize the schools throughout the region.

patteeu
01-08-2008, 08:32 AM

Only if Hillary Clinton and her campaign staff are RWNJs.

stevieray
01-08-2008, 08:32 AM
No, it will continue it's paradigm shift from blubbering black men whining to blubbering white men whining. :deevee:

When a minority gets the top job then it's proof positive to those men that they are being overlooked and their jobs taken over by minorities and quotas have gone waaaaaaaaay too far.
:hmmm:

A successful friend of mine told me once that how can you call him the minority when he makes 50k more a year than his neighbor...

your post reeks of racism and propigates the problem...there are only two types of people, men and women...and as long as we continue to employ adjectives, we will still have an elephant in the LR.

it will be intersting to see how many here who say race has nothing to do with it, will be the first to bring up race when it's convienant.

HonestChieffan
01-08-2008, 08:33 AM
I find it amazing this thread has gone on this long with noone addressing just exactly what does Obama plan to do? What are his priorities?

The fact hes black or that he is a muslim, or that he is whatever is all rather irrelevant until one understands just what does he propose to try to do?

So far, from what I read and hear, he is against bigness. Like most politicos, he has selected out those things to rail against that will attract voters who agree with his anti-bigness stands. That in and of itself does very little to persuade me one way or another. I dont fear Big (insert name here). And I dont really think Big (insert name here) is the basis for the issues we face in this country. However, it is a good way to get voters to not focus on what is real and keep them from asking "How will you fix (insert your favorite issue)?

Does he have the qualities of leadership and vision that are in line with your own vision? Probably a good question.

How will his policies and philosophies impact your personal opportunities should he be elected?

Does he have the political underpinning to make things happen in Washington?

The critical issue in the election rhetoric so far is that not one candidate has outlined anything that resembles a concrete approach to solving real issues and showing how they would guidse this country through the next 4 years. They dont have to because the electorate bases its vote on the sound bite, the hot issue, and how they feel about one vs another without any depth of study.

stevieray
01-08-2008, 08:38 AM
If Obama wins the White House in '08, will minorities stop using "the man is holding them down" as an excuse?

Wondering if it will give minorities (or the country) in general a paradigm shift. Will it actually break down racial tensions for the country?

a couple of worst case scenarios could be that if he's elected and nothing major changes, will a portion of blacks feel a sense of hopelessness and revolt?

I know it's a coinydink, and extremely far-fetched, but Obama was elected to the Senate the same year OBL delcared a jihad on the US...considering he's rejected a Muslim heritage, the Koran states that that by that act, he deserves to have his blood shed...on the other side, a Muslim is allowed to lie to his enemy..way out there..but it makes ya wonder...

wutamess
01-08-2008, 08:42 AM
on the other side, a Muslim is allowed to lie to his enemy..way out there..but it makes wonder...

Bush Muslim?
Give the man a chance.

stevieray
01-08-2008, 08:45 AM
Bush Muslim?
Give the man a chance.

no, I'm saying that if Obama was actually covert, he'd be allowed to to proclaim his allegiance to Christianity..

Iowanian
01-08-2008, 08:45 AM
I wonder how many ignorant rednecks actually think Obama would put 22's on the motorcade?

Its the whistles on the exhaust man....

"America! I'm a fantastic orator and an inspiration to all segments of sooooooo-Cietaaaaah, but can ya hear the "woooooooooooooooo" when I'm rollin'. The base shaking the ground a half mile ahead of the motorcade, make security difficult.

http://64.237.40.189/media/images/tags/bubbrubb.jpg

don't worry......Oprah will never let any of that happen.

Iowanian
01-08-2008, 08:51 AM
You know what I find interesting when I hear this topic?

Most Americans can't tell you the name of their great grandparents, let alone their great great grandparents. They might have some idea of their family name's origin, but most "think" their a combination of x,y,z.

Honest question. Do black people, lets say of a family lineage that has immigrated since the Civil war have the same arguement? I've never heard anyone say "my grandfather came here from Kenya in 1905 to work at the......."

Other than those benefitting from old money and family wealth, I honestly don't know how knowing that my great grandfather was a dirt poor share cropper affects my life today, outside of maybe the work ethic taught to my grandparent, who taught it to my father, who collected the son-tax from my young ass....

It shouldn't but it does.
YOU KNOW WHERE YOU CAME FROM.
You know you're a Neanderthal from Persia (wanna know how I know you're gay?)

We just think/guess that we were slaves and our history was stripped.
Like I said... it doesn't really matter but it does.

wutamess
01-08-2008, 08:56 AM
Honest question. Do black people, lets say of a family lineage that has immigrated since the Civil war have the same arguement? I've never heard anyone say "my grandfather came here from Kenya in 1905 to work at the......."

Wouldn't know. I guess it's different for everyone. I know our family lineage because we have researched records.

Like I said... it doesn't matter but it does.

HolmeZz
01-08-2008, 09:37 AM
I know it's a coinydink, and extremely far-fetched, but Obama was elected to the Senate the same year OBL delcared a jihad on the US...considering he's rejected a Muslim heritage, the Koran states that that by that act, he deserves to have his blood shed...on the other side, a Muslim is allowed to lie to his enemy..way out there..but it makes ya wonder...

You need to start ending your posts about 4 sentences earlier.

BigRedChief
01-08-2008, 10:02 AM
I'll take it a step further. I wouldn't want a Pentecostal running our country either. I have dozens of them in my own family and I think their views are misguided and archaic.Then you defintely don't want my ancestoral bloodline of white trash Southern Baptists running the show. Talk about some backward views.:shake:

BigRedChief
01-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Furthermore... his grandparents or his parents were/are Muslim that's where he gets his name from.

I don't know his religion but I know he's not Muslim.
So now you can vote for him since he meets the non-muslim criteria.
From Wikipedia:

A theme of Obama's keynote address at the 2004 Democratic National Convention, and the title of his 2006 book, The Audacity of Hope, was inspired by his pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_Wright).[135] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama#_note-123) In Chapter 6 of the book, titled "Faith," Obama writes that he "was not raised in a religious household." He describes his mother, raised by non-religious parents, as detached from religion, yet "in many ways the most spiritually awakened person that I have ever known."

He describes his Kenyan father as "raised a Muslim (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim)," but a "confirmed atheist" by the time his parents met, and his Indonesian stepfather as "a man who saw religion as not particularly useful." The chapter details how Obama, in his twenties, while working with local churches as a community organizer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_organizing), came to understand "the power of the African American religious tradition to spur social change." Obama writes: "It was because of these newfound understandings—that religious commitment did not require me to suspend critical thinking, disengage from the battle for economic and social justice, or otherwise retreat from the world that I knew and loved—that I was finally able to walk down the aisle of Trinity United Church of Christ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_Wright) one day and be baptized."[136] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama#_note-124)

vailpass
01-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Like Baby Daddy is gonna' be the next president.
Puhleeze.
A few people coming out to cast a vote in Iowa or NH are nothing compared to the dormant numbers that would come out to vote against him if he were to be the Dem candidate.

Adept Havelock
01-08-2008, 10:16 AM

It might make you wonder, but I just wonder what led you to throw out that Taco John-esque conspiracy theory. :shake:

What's next? You jumping on the 9/11 truther bandwagon too? Thicker tinfoil, stevieray. Thicker tinfoil.

Puhleeze.
A few people coming out to cast a vote in Iowa or NH are nothing compared to the dormant numbers that would come out to vote against him if he were to be the Dem candidate.

Someone like you who is on record here as still believing miscegenation is a problem will likely overestimate the number of folks who might have issues with his race. JMO.

I have issues with Obama, but they don't have s*** to do with the color of his skin.

stevieray
01-08-2008, 10:17 AM
I'm concerned for your needs, can you tell I'm hitting on you?

stevieray
01-08-2008, 10:22 AM
It might make you wonder, but I just wonder what led you to throw out that Taco John-esque conspiracy theory. :shake:

What's next? You jumping on the 9/11 truther bandwagon too? Thicker tinfoil, stevieray. Thicker tinfoil.

Someone who still sees miscegenation as a problem probably will over-estimate other people's issues with his race. Just sayin.

coinkydink, far fetched, yup, those are definitely terms that exude confirmation...

...I think what we are going to see here thorughout the year is a double standard..anyone can call Bush Hitler or a Nazi, or bring his religion into the picture, but don't anyone dare question Obama...

vailpass
01-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Someone like you who is on record here as still believing miscegenation is a problem probably will over-estimate other people's issues with his race. Just sayin.

A little faster, I'm almost there. You can do it put your back into it. And for god's sakes don't scrape with your teeth or I'll have to use the pimp rod on you.

BigRedChief
01-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Puhleeze.
A few people coming out to cast a vote in Iowa or NH are nothing compared to the dormant numbers that would come out to vote against him if he were to be the Dem candidate.You are wrong. And overestimating the populaces reach for hate.

Have you watched CNN? Seen the crowds? Look at their faces. Look at the faces of the crowds of the other candidates. You haven't seen faces like that since the Kennedy era.

White corn fed independent and conservative people went into voting booths and voted for him. This will happen again today. You can listen to it on talk shows, look at internet blogs and TV reports. He will be the next president of the United States.

vailpass
01-08-2008, 10:31 AM
You are wrong. And overestimating the populaces reach for hate.

Have you watched CNN? Seen the crowds? Look at their faces. Look at the faces of the crowds of the other candidates. You haven't seen faces like that since the Kennedy era.

White corn fed independent and conservative people went into voting booths and voted for him. This will happen again today. You can listen to it on talk shows, look at internet blogs and TV reports. He will be the next president of the United States.

You know whats funny? You are the second person to automatically assume that when I said people would vote against Obama it was because of his race.
The reason the American voter will prevent him from becoming POTUS is that the office is far too vital to be run by an inexperienced puppet of the Dems whose only significant political accomplishment to date consists of a well delivered speech.

You and Adaft Headlock are assuming that Obama must be judged on his color and so think that everyone else thinks the same.

HolmeZz
01-08-2008, 10:34 AM
coinkydink, far fetched, yup, those are definitely terms that exude confirmation...

...I think what we are going to see here thorughout the year is a double standard..anyone can call Bush Hitler or a Nazi, or bring his religion into the picture, but don't anyone dare question Obama...

Obama's been questioned and he's already survived the harshest accusation that the media has made against any candidate(accusing him of being a muslim who attended a radical madrassa as a child).

Sadly there are actually people who have bought into that and my fear is that the right will continue with the racial hysteria if Barack gets the nom.

BigRedChief
01-08-2008, 10:41 AM
The reason the American voter will prevent him from becoming POTUS is that the office is far too vital to be run by an inexperienced puppet of the Dems whose only significant political accomplishment to date consists of a well delivered speech.
Sorry but I'm not looking for a well established political leader to be president. We have tried that at almost every election. It's time for something other than that.

What you see as a puppet of the Dems may be seen as a standard bearer for an ideal that all of us have an equal right to pursue life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness and not just the rich.

I'm very happy to see the colapse of the Republican establishment. No one to blame but yourselfs. Bush outspent our tax $'s on a scale that Dems have never even come close to.

vailpass
01-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Sorry but I'm not looking for a well established political leader to be president. We have tried that at almost every election. It's time for something other than that.

What you see as a puppet of the Dems may be seen as a standard bearer for an ideal that all of us have an equal right to pursue life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness and not just the rich.

I'm very happy to see the colapse of the Republican establishment. No one to blame but yourselfs. Bush outspent our tax $'s on a scale that Dems have never even come close to.

Translation: all of you who have worked so hard to get somewhere need to hand over some of your hard earned cash to those of us who won't/don't do for ourselves.

I doubt Obama unveils his welfare state plans until after they slip him the keys to 1600 Pennsylvania.

Count Alex's Losses
01-08-2008, 10:52 AM
If Obama is elected, he will remind everyone of Herm Edwards. He will talk a big game, and fall horribly short where it counts. We'll probably get ripped by terrorists again while Obama stands around with his thumb up his ass.

patteeu
01-08-2008, 10:53 AM

Yep.

BigRedChief
01-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Translation: all of you who have worked so hard to get somewhere need to hand over some of your hard earned cash to those of us who won't/don't do for ourselves.

I doubt Obama unveils his welfare state plans until after they slip him the keys to 1600 Pennsylvania.
Yeah Yadda, Yadda, Yadda Same ole Same ole

Bush spent more of our tax $'s than anyone else who has come before him. You neocons can no longer use the tax and spend liberal card. It's been revoked by your leader.

vailpass
01-08-2008, 10:57 AM

Bush spent more of our tax $'s than anyone else who has come before him. You neocons can no longer use the tax and spend liberal card. It's been revoked by your leader.

So you aren't asking for a hand out? Yes or no?

Do you equate the spending of tax dollars on measures related to 911 with the spending of tax dollars on welfare and other forms of government subsidy?

It isn't a questio of if a POTUS will spend tax dollars but how.

patteeu

Obama happily admits that he's a heavy tax and spender on his website. You should read it sometime.

Sully
You know whats funny? You are the second person to automatically assume that when I said people would vote against Obama it was because of his race.

You and Adaft Headlock are assuming that Obama must be judged on his color and so think that everyone else thinks the same.
It's because you have enver posted about him without using the term, "Baby Daddy."
I wonder where anyone would get the idea that you were basing your opinion on race.

Yes, I know where that came from... but only one person is still using it years later in every reference to the guy...

vailpass
01-08-2008, 10:58 AM
It's because you have enver posted about him without using the term, "Baby Daddy."
I wonder where anyone would get the idea that you were basing your opinion on race.

Yes, I know where that came from... but only one person is still using it years later in every reference to the guy...

'nuff said.

HolmeZz
01-08-2008, 10:59 AM
So you aren't asking for a hand out? Yes or no?

Do you equate the spending of tax dollars on measures related to 911 with the spending of tax dollars on welfare and other forms of government subsidy?

Aww, 911's been reduced to an excuse.

Bushies should be disappointed with their guy. He lied about the foreign policy he was going to run on and how fiscally conservative he would be.

Sully
01-08-2008, 11:00 AM

I agree.
I also think we are seeing that those who cried loudest to "respect" the man are going to go out of their way to throw as much inuendo (especially with the Muslim crap) on this guy... and when he wins the presidency, it certainly won't be those who cried to respe3ct the president who are living by their own rules.

...but I'm sure it'll be the people's fault who called Bush names...

...personal responsibility...heh...

Sully
01-08-2008, 11:01 AM
'nuff said.
Like I said... you're the one who is bringing up one comment years later...

HonestChieffan
01-08-2008, 11:01 AM

So, the issue you are tagging onto is that Big-Rich is bad and Big-Rich needs to be made less big and give that to those who are "not big rich"...Is there something in our system that makes people fail to see that those who they may consider as "haves" were once "have nots" and the "system" they so often condem is exactly the system of opportunity that they have to move out of their current situation into one better? Tearing down the system that allows anyone in this country to maximize thier potential will only serve to limit ones potential for success.

Obama may be a well meaning wonderful fun guy. But the fact remains that the populist approach of targeting those who have as evil and promices that we will take what they have and give it to you may swing some but for others it is a direct assault upon the very principals of our system.

What we have today is the very thing you say you want. Quoting you.."all of us have an equal right to pursue life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness".

vailpass
01-08-2008, 11:02 AM

Bushies should be disappointed with their guy. He lied about the foreign policy he was going to run on and how fiscally conservative he would be.

You'll be hard pressed to find someone more dissapointed in the current president's overall performance than me.

All the more reason to want more of the next POTUS, not less.

vailpass
01-08-2008, 11:03 AM
Like I said... you're the one who is bringing up one comment years later...

Are you saying that comment reflects poorly on the speaker and or the subject?
Please enlighten me as to why you think quoting a wife's nickname for her husband is an issue.

Sully
01-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Are you saying that comment reflects poorly on the speaker and or the subject?
Please enlighten me as to why you think this is an issue.
No, I'm not.
If his wife were to use the term all the time, in every reference to him, I think that would reflect poorly on her, and him by relation...

patteeu
01-08-2008, 11:06 AM

No he didn't. It was obvious (to me at least) that he wasn't likely to be a small government conservative given his lineage and his campaign about being a "compassionate conservative" campaign. As for foreign policy, if you can't re-think your approach after an unprecedented event like 9/11, I don't know when you can. Changing your mind in such a case isn't even close to the same thing as lying.

vailpass
01-08-2008, 11:08 AM
No, I'm not.
If his wife were to use the term all the time, in every reference to him, I think that would reflect poorly on her, and him by relation...

You say that term does not reflect poorly on either the speaker or the subject yet you also say my use of the term reflects negative, even racial, connotations?
Why is it o.k. for Mrs. Obama to say it but not o.k. for me?

HemiEd
01-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Puhleeze.

I hope like hell you are right. His inablility show respect to the flag during the National anthem aside, he does not have enough experience. One term in office makes you qualified to run this country? No.

acesn8s
01-08-2008, 11:10 AM
You are wrong. And overestimating the populaces reach for hate.

White corn fed independent and conservative people went into voting booths and voted for him. This will happen again today. You can listen to it on talk shows, look at internet blogs and TV reports. He will be the next president of the United States.It was a caucus. Registered Dems(home of liberals) voted for him. The conservatives were with the Republicans. He was elected to office by the Chicago area liberals. Please do try to spew your crap from your head my way.

HolmeZz
01-08-2008, 11:11 AM
I hope like hell you are right. His inablility show respect to the flag during the National anthem aside, he does not have enough experience. One term in office makes you qualified to run this country? No.

We need the experience of Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld.

Cochise
01-08-2008, 11:11 AM
I guess I should revise to say that the main thing that scares me about Obama is that right as the country is begging for immigration reform and we're close to where we can achieve something, we will get nothing, probably even a huge step backward with an Obama administration. They would probably make it easier for them to come here, issue work permits, make the path to citizenship more open. Bad, bad news.

patteeu
01-08-2008, 11:15 AM
I guess I should revise to say that the main thing that scares me about Obama is that right as the country is begging for immigration reform and we're close to where we can achieve something, we will get nothing, probably even a huge step backward with an Obama administration. They would probably make it easier for them to come here, issue work permits, make the path to citizenship more open. Bad, bad news.

Obama is a uniter.

Sully
01-08-2008, 11:16 AM
You say that term does not reflect poorly on either the speaker or the subject yet you also say my use of the term reflects negative, even racial, connotations?
Why is it o.k. for Mrs. Obama to say it but not o.k. for me?
Don't twist what I said.

I think as a one-time joke, it's not something that reflects poorly. Do you?

Cochise
01-08-2008, 11:17 AM
Obama is a uniter.

He'd sure unite a lot of people with our government cheese programs.

Radar Chief
01-08-2008, 11:17 AM

As someone that voted for Bush twice, yes I’m very disappointed with him. But you know what? Given the same choices I’d vote for him again. Twice. My vote for him had more to do with the choices I was given than Bush being “my guy”.

BigRedChief
01-08-2008, 11:21 AM
It was a caucus. Registered Dems(home of liberals) voted for him. The conservatives were with the Republicans. He was elected to office by the Chicago area liberals. Please do try to spew your crap from your head my way.
Again Obama will be the next president of the U.S. and he will not get there based on the votes of Chicago liberals. We will see who is right in the near future. As far as the issue with my crap spewing forth from my puny brain there is always the ignore option pal.

patteeu
01-08-2008, 11:22 AM
As someone that voted for Bush twice, yes I’m very disappointed with him. But you know what? Given the same choices I’d vote for him again. Twice. My vote for him had more to do with the choices I was given than Bush being “my guy”.

:thumb:

acesn8s
01-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Obama is a uniter.Looks like he has divided the Planeteers

vailpass
01-08-2008, 11:23 AM

Same here; well said.

vailpass
01-08-2008, 11:24 AM

Exactly.
Happy New Year Ed, hope all is well with you and yours.

stevieray
01-08-2008, 11:25 AM
I agree.
I also think we are seeing that those who cried loudest to "respect" the man are going to go out of their way to throw as much inuendo (especially with the Muslim crap) on this guy... and when he wins the presidency, it certainly won't be those who cried to respe3ct the president who are living by their own rules.

...but I'm sure it'll be the people's fault who called Bush names...

...personal responsibility...heh...

Maybe I'm misreading you, but your response seems to contradict your sig...

JFK once said we don't respect the office..Until WE all do that, instead of always shifting the blame, it's not going to change.

vailpass
Don't twist what I said.

I think as a one-time joke, it's not something that reflects poorly. Do you?

IMHO, rightly or wrongly, any use of that partiulcar vernacular casts the speaker and those associated with the speaker in a particular light. The importance of that association is magnified when considering a potential POTUS.

HonestChieffan
Again Obama will be the next president of the U.S. and he will not get there based on the votes of Chicago liberals. We will see who is right in the near future. As far as the issue with my crap spewing forth from my puny brain there is always the ignore option pal.

I respect your right to your position however, the redistribution of wealth as a primary tenant of his campaign, the increase in dividend and capital gains tax will become his albatross as we move on.

BigRedChief
I voted for Ronald Regan twice and Bush sr. but as I got older and wiser I realized the error of my young and foolish ways. Hopefully you will age as gracefully soon.:)

wutamess
01-08-2008, 11:26 AM
This really need to be moved to DC.

I didn't want to argue the politics of Obama.

stevieray
01-08-2008, 11:27 AM
[QUOTE=BigRedChief]Again Obama will be the next president of the U.S. and he will not get there based on the votes of Chicago liberals. QUOTE]

That's good, considering Chicago led the nation in murders while he was Senator.

acesn8s
01-08-2008, 11:28 AM
As someone that voted for Bush twice, yes I’m very disappointed with him. But you know what? Given the same choices I’d vote for him again. Twice. My vote for him had more to do with the choices I was given than Bush being “my guy”.give that man a cigar.

Radar Chief looked at his choices and made a decision based on those choices and is man enough to admit that those choices were sub-par for what was needed. But still voted for the person that they thought was best suited based on those choices.

WilliamTheIrish
01-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Adam is a sleeper cell! When we elect him President of ChiefsPlanet, he will launch a surprise DDOS attack on the Jewish World Review site!

You MF'er... I just spit out coffee. Keyboard... shot.

BigRedChief
01-08-2008, 11:30 AM
Again Obama will be the next president of the U.S. and he will not get there based on the votes of Chicago liberals.

That's good, considering Chicago led the nation in murders while he was Senator.
And you are going to blame a one time senator to Washington for murders in the streets of Chicago?

vailpass
This really need to be moved to DC.

I didn't want to argue the politics of Obama.

What else are we gonna' discuss, football ?? :cuss: :deevee:

:)

HolmeZz

It's funny, particularly since Bush represents everything you guys bash the other side for; wreckless foreign policy, big government, and fiscal irresponsibility. But somehow, you'd want to continue making that same mistake over and over again. And you wonder why this country can't move forward?

Cochise

Same here. I'd do it all over again, and feel 'meh' about it the second time, but I'd still do it given the choices.

Pablo
01-08-2008, 11:31 AM
Looks like he has divided the PlaneteersRon Paul is a uniter...he's united Planeteers and people on message boards across the globe. Vote Ron Paul, the best interweb, message board candidate running.

patteeu
01-08-2008, 11:32 AM
give that man a cigar.

Radar Chief looked at his choices and made a decision based on those choices and is man enough to admit that those choices were sub-par for what was needed. But still voted for the person that they thought was best suited based on those choices.

To be fair, I'm sure that Kerry and Gore voters made the same calculation. They just aren't as smart as Radar Chief so they got the answer wrong. ;)

vailpass
01-08-2008, 11:32 AM
And you are going to blame a one time senator to Washington for murders in the streets of Chicago?

Makes more sense than trusting him to fix the problems in Washington.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-08-2008, 11:33 AM
[QUOTE=BigRedChief]Again Obama will be the next president of the U.S. and he will not get there based on the votes of Chicago liberals. QUOTE]

Explain to me how a United States Senator can impact murder rates at the city level...

I'd also like to know how a State Senator could impact such things.

Moreover, do you you even know what BRC is alluding to? Kennedy in the '60 election??

Seriously, every time you enter one of these conversations you just embarrass yourself.

Radar Chief
01-08-2008, 11:34 AM
I voted for Ronald Regan twice and Bush sr. but as I got older and wiser I realized the error of my young and foolish ways. Hopefully you will age as gracefully soon.:)

I wasn’t old enough to vote against Reagan for his second term, but would have were I not just a few months too young.
My life was in too much turmoil for me to get around to voting against Bush Sr., but if I weren’t busy moving around so much at the time I would have.
I did vote for Clinton his first term, then “write in candidate” his second. Couldn’t hold my nose long enough to vote for Dole.
I’m not sure what you think you’re getting at with this assumption as to my voting motivation, but it really isn’t helping you case much.

patteeu
01-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Ron Paul is a uniter...he's united Planeteers and people on message boards across the globe. Vote Ron Paul, the best interweb, message board candidate running.

This is a thread about whether the election of a half-white, articulate and clean "magic negro" will allow minorities to get over their collective paranoia about how "the man" is keeping them down. My answer is that minorities should make hay right now because "the man" has understandably determined that it is in everyone's interest if "he" focuses on keeping Ron Paul and his supporters down.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-08-2008, 11:37 AM
I think they've formed their own opinions based on some very valid data. They're entitled and while I don't personally share their hate I don't blame them for it.

Like this?

http://www.craphound.com/images/antijapanesepropagandaposter.jpg
What about “The Dirty Little Jap”? Was that valid?

Dude, you have some serious issues that need to get hashed out. Honestly, the only difference I see between you and Marlboro Chief has to do with which races you slander. You're a little more articulate, and you stay away from the really nasty words, but the ignorance and the bigotry is all the same.

You're a small man.

dirk digler
01-08-2008, 11:39 AM

Good god I have tried to stay out of this thread for various reasons but this is one of the most stupidest things I have read.

One year they lead the murder rate and now it is Obama's fault. Washington DC was #2 in 05 so that is must be Bush's fault.

:rolleyes:

Radar Chief
01-08-2008, 11:39 AM
It's funny, particularly since Bush represents everything you guys bash the other side for; wreckless foreign policy, big government, and fiscal irresponsibility. But somehow, you'd want to continue making that same mistake over and over again. And you wonder why this country can't move forward?

Funniest part is, you look at my post as “wanting” the same thing over and over. Most others seem to be reading what I posted, that a lack of better choices is what lead to my vote.
Maybe that has more to do with what you want to read than what was actually posted. :hmmm:

HolmeZz
01-08-2008, 11:40 AM

holy f*cking god LMAO

FAX
01-08-2008, 11:41 AM
We had a brown out here a couple of weeks ago, Mr. stevieray. I wonder if there's a connection?

FAX

acesn8s
01-08-2008, 11:44 AM
To be fair, I'm sure that Kerry and Gore voters made the same calculation. They just aren't as smart as Radar Chief so they got the answer wrong. ;)According to Al Gore the voters of Florida made that decision but were too dumb to punch the appropiate hole. What does that say about their decision making abilities?:hmmm:

All I ask for is to give me two canidates that I can pick from that are there because they want America to be the best country that she can be and not because it is the final destination of their political career, or so that they may push their own special interest onto the people of the US just because a small amount of people think that it is important.

stevieray
01-08-2008, 11:46 AM

No, I'm saying it's a good thing that Chicago liberals won't play a part...

You would think that his message would've impacted a very violent south side over a five year period. and maybe it did, but being he is a representative of Illinois, unfortunately that stat is part of his term.

Radar Chief
01-08-2008, 11:47 AM
According to Al Gore the voters of Florida made that decision but were too dumb to punch the appropiate hole. What does that say about their decision making abilities?:hmmm:

All I ask for is to give me two canidates that I can pick from that are there because they want America to be the best country that she can be and not because it is the final destination of their political career, or so that they may push their own special interest onto the people of the US just because a small amount of people think that it is important.

Right. A real set of choices would be a nice change.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-08-2008, 11:49 AM

You would think that his message would've impacted a very violent south side over a five year period. and maybe it did, but being he is a representative of Illinois, unfortunately that stat is part of his term.
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000ASATLC.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

penchief
01-08-2008, 11:50 AM
It depends on whether or not he's an authentic agent for change or another empty suit ready to be filled by corporate influence. If he's not yanking our chain he could be exactly what you're asking about. I think that's what people are hoping for. If he's just riding the wave of "change" in order to win, then he could easily be what many of "the people" have already suggested (not someone who really relates to "the people" but rather someone who came from well-to-do means, was well-educated, and is articulate enough to win under the right circumstances).

I personally believe that he has been relatively uninformative. I think he's been pretty vague when it comes to exactly what he believes or stands for. What "the people" are thirsting for is that which John Edwards is offering but Edwards is not as personally appealing as Obama.

If Obama were the same as Edwards in substance, then you could say that Obama could be the end to what you are calling, "the man." However, I think that it is yet to be seen exactly where Obama is coming from (other than promoting the mantra of change).

It seems that the people have hitched their wagon to Obama. What remains to be seen is whether or not Obama has really hitched his wagon to the poeple. An Obama/Edwards ticket might actually put that question to rest and ultimately seal the deal for democrats, IMO.

HolmeZz
01-08-2008, 11:57 AM

How would a state senator directly effect the murder rate of a city?

You seem to have the understanding of government of about a 5 year old.

HolmeZz
01-08-2008, 12:00 PM
It seems to me that he's implicating the liberals who run Chicago, not Obama. Have you ever noticed that most of the major crime centers in the country are run by liberals?

No, he's implicating Obama.

Your second point is a causal mischaracterization. Those cities aren't crime centers because they're run by liberals. They're run by liberals because they're the prevailing ideology in big cities.

vailpass
01-08-2008, 12:00 PM
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000ASATLC.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

A well worded, on-point clarification of his statement is spin?

HonestChieffan
01-08-2008, 12:02 PM
You have to know Illinois politics to really appreciate corruption.

I believe since Green was governor in the 40s, they have had like 3 or 4 governors who did not go to the pen after they left office.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-08-2008, 12:03 PM
A well worded, on-point clarification of his statement is spin?

It wasn't well-worded, or on point. It was a pure cover your ass moment, and was transparent as such, mr. "Baby Daddy". It's standard operating procedure for him. He makes an incredibly inane and ignorant statement and then follows it up with a half assed explanation of what he was trying to say in order to try and obscure his own stupidity.

patteeu
01-08-2008, 12:04 PM
No, he's implicating Obama.

Your second point is not a causal mischaracterization. Those cities aren't crime centers because they're run by liberals. They're run by liberals because they're the prevailing ideology in big cities.

I deleted my post because I noticed that he does implicate Obama to some extent. I don't think Obama can be blamed for the way the liberals of Chicago run their city so to that extent I disagree with him. To the extent that he's blaming the liberals of Chicago, I think he's on to something.

go bowe
01-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Would they change the name of his home to The Black House?
dammit!

a whole cup of coffee wasted!

to say nothing of needing to clean my monitor...

are you trying to kill me with comedy?

it might just work... :huh: :huh: :huh:

HonestChieffan
01-08-2008, 12:07 PM
The leadership of Chicago is anything but liberal. In real terms its still machine politics at its best. The stand of the candidate is irrelevant. Its the good that Chicago reaps and the potential gain to the assorted other crooks both republican and democrat, that determines who gets the nod from the machine.

dirk digler
01-08-2008, 12:08 PM
I deleted my post because I noticed that he does implicate Obama to some extent. I don't think Obama can be blamed for the way the liberals of Chicago run their city so to that extent I disagree with him. To the extent that he's blaming the liberals of Chicago, I think he's on to something.

In response to the post you deleted about major crime centers the Top 3 in 2006 all had black mayors.

So maybe you are on to something. ;)

irishjayhawk
01-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Actually no.

A very White Peter Beinart did, but don't let the facts get in the way of your argument.

A simple no would have been just fine. And I wasn't arguing anything, I was asking. But don't let grammar get in the way of comprehension.

HolmeZz
01-08-2008, 12:20 PM
A simple no would have been just fine. And I wasn't arguing anything, I was asking. But don't let grammar get in the way of comprehension.

He's wrong anyway. I remember reading a column from some black woman criticizing Obama's lack of 'blackness'. The same sentiment he might get from whites for being black, he gets from blacks for being part white.

patteeu
01-08-2008, 12:20 PM

He was wrong anyway. Bienart wasn't the only liberal saying this.

irishjayhawk
01-08-2008, 12:22 PM

HolmezZ and Hamas covered this nicely, but I just had to stop and laugh. You seem to have hit a new low.

I guess Brownback is accountable for each murder that happens. Damn, he must have a lot of confession to get going on with.

irishjayhawk
01-08-2008, 12:24 PM
He's wrong anyway. I remember reading a column from some black woman criticizing Obama's lack of 'blackness'. The same sentiment he might get from whites for being black, he gets from blacks for being part white.

He was wrong anyway. Bienart wasn't the only liberal saying this.

Well, then, I'm just awesome. :)

Thanks for the clarification!

acesn8s
01-08-2008, 12:28 PM
When Tiger Woods won his first major a Chicago paper ran a front page headline "YOU DA MAN". If Obama wins the election and the same paper runs the same headline, will Obama still be regarded as a minority or will the black community call him an Uncle Tom?

StcChief
01-08-2008, 12:30 PM
When Tiger Woods won his first major a Chicago paper ran a front page headline "YOU DA MAN". If Obama wins the election and the same paper runs the same headline, will Obama still be regarded as a minority or will the black community call him an Uncle Tom?

I can see 'em turn on Obama as new "uncle tom". unless the welfare handouts come faster.

HolmeZz
01-08-2008, 12:33 PM
I can see 'em turn on Obama as new "uncle tom". unless the welfare handouts come faster.

You make it difficult to have hope for this country.

Micjones
01-08-2008, 12:36 PM

Don't let the fact that most welfare recipients are non-Black get in the way of you typing something else this ignorant.

Calcountry
01-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Won't change a thing. Raising the idea of "the man" keeping people down is big business for some.Homie don't play dat.

acesn8s
01-08-2008, 12:38 PM
You make it difficult to have hope for this country.Out of curiosity, what is your opinion

HolmeZz
01-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Out of curiosity, what is your opinion

I assume that was a question, but I have no clue what was being asked.

Sully
01-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Maybe I'm misreading you, but your response seems to contradict your sig...

JFK once said we don't respect the office..Until WE all do that, instead of always shifting the blame, it's not going to change.

No I was making a joke that goes directly to my sig.

A) I agree that people will be overly sensitive to attacks against Obama.

B) I believe those people who have screamed the loudest for respecting the guy in office now, will be the first to disparage Obama when he wins... and they will very quickly use the excuse, "Well, You guys did it!"

Sully
01-08-2008, 12:47 PM
IMHO, rightly or wrongly, any use of that partiulcar vernacular casts the speaker and those associated with the speaker in a particular light. The importance of that association is magnified when considering a potential POTUS.

A joke his wife made one time.

A joke you have made countless times, or, AFAICT, every time you've brought up the guy...

So is it that you don't like candidates' wives to make jokes, especially when they concern a stereotype?

acesn8s
01-08-2008, 12:48 PM
I assume that was a question, but I have no clue what was being asked.
Here was the question

patteeu
01-08-2008, 12:50 PM

A joke you have made countless times, or, AFAICT, every time you've brought up the guy...

So is it that you don't like candidates' wives to make jokes, especially when they concern a stereotype?

I don't really get the "joke". What was she going for?

HolmeZz
01-08-2008, 12:51 PM
Here was the question

I'm not sure about the minority tag. I don't think it's been an issue in the dem nom, but I'm sure it'll be played up more in the general. I'm sure there'll be some african americans who will refer to him as an Uncle Tom. There are stupid people of every race.

acesn8s
01-08-2008, 12:52 PM

So is it that you don't like candidates' wives to make jokes, especially when they concern a stereotype?According to some, nobody should make jokes about a steotype. But if one does make a joke or statement about a steotype then that person should not get offended when it is thrown back at them.

Sully
01-08-2008, 12:56 PM
I assume just trying to get a llaugh off a colloquial way of speaking. I don't know for sure, but my assumption is that it would be the same as if I said the term, "Boy, you sherrrr gawt a purtty mowth."

Just something silly, as I see it.

Sully
01-08-2008, 12:57 PM
According to some, nobody should make jokes about a steotype. But if one does make a joke or statement about a steotype then that person should not get offended when it is thrown back at them.
We've gotten so far away from how this started, it's funny... bu this topic actually has little to do with that.
Vail was upset that someone would accuse him of racist intentions, and I simply mentioned to him that it's easy to see why, when EVERY time he brings up Obama, he simply calls him, "Baby Daddy."

MIAdragon
01-08-2008, 12:59 PM
Don't let the fact that most welfare recipients are non-Black get in the way of you typing something else this ignorant.

Id like to see the facts behind this statement.

wutamess
01-08-2008, 01:01 PM

Ignorance at it's finest.

wutamess
01-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Id like to see the facts behind this statement.

A little common freakin sense will go a long way.
Blacks are approx 12% of the population.
Even if half of us where on gubment assistance... i don't think we'd still outnumber whites on it.

MIAdragon
01-08-2008, 01:10 PM
A little common freakin sense will go a long way.
Blacks are approx 12% of the population.
Even if half of us where on gubment assistance... i don't think we'd still outnumber whites on it.

Ok how about this lets take a look at what percentage of that 12% is on some sort of assistance. That will un-skew (is that a word?) the numbers a little.

vailpass
01-08-2008, 01:17 PM
It wasn't well-worded, or on point. It was a pure cover your ass moment, and was transparent as such, mr. "Baby Daddy". It's standard operating procedure for him. He makes an incredibly inane and ignorant statement and then follows it up with a half assed explanation of what he was trying to say in order to try and obscure his own stupidity.

Are you that kid I used to beat up after ****ing his sister?

vailpass
01-08-2008, 01:20 PM

The first time I ever saw the guy his wife called him Baby Daddy.
A major politician holding a major office with a wife that talks like that.
It stuck with me and so I associate him with that name.
Why are you so sensitive to this if, as you stated, the name is not disparaging to either the speaker or the subject?
Come out and say it or let the issue drop.

Sully
01-08-2008, 01:22 PM
The first time I ever saw the guy his wife called him Baby Daddy.
It stuck with me and so I associate him with that name.
Why are you so sensitive to this if, as you stated, the name is not disparaging to either the speaker or the subject?
Come out and say it or let the issue drop.
I'm only sensitive to it because I feel like you are (prposely) trying to further a stereotype...

vailpass
01-08-2008, 01:24 PM

It obviously wasn't a joke but a slip up showing her true nature and background.
The Dem spin doctors sat her down and coached her to never show that side again and did a damn fine job of it.

vailpass
01-08-2008, 01:25 PM
I'm only sensitive to it because I feel like you are (prposely) trying to further a stereotype...

So when Mrs. Obama says it she is just joking but I, who am only quoting her, am furthering a stereotype? Please explain.

Radar Chief
01-08-2008, 01:26 PM

:LOL: Says the guy trying to paint someone as a racist for posting what they’ve already admitted wasn’t a racist statement. ROFL

HolmeZz
01-08-2008, 01:26 PM

"But I'm proud of George. He's learned a lot about ranching since that first year when he tried to milk the horse. What's worse, it was a male horse."

Radar Chief
01-08-2008, 01:29 PM
"But I'm proud of George. He's learned a lot about ranching since that first year when he tried to milk the horse. What's worse, it was a male horse."

ROFL That’s actually semi funny. And from Laura Bush, who knew?

vailpass
01-08-2008, 01:31 PM

The subject, nouns, and verbs all appear to be correctly placed and the usage is proper. Furthermore it looks to be a complete sentence with all words recognized by Webster's Standard.

HolmeZz
01-08-2008, 01:34 PM
The subject, nouns, and verbs all appear to be correctly placed and the usage is proper. Furthermore it looks to be a complete sentence with all words recognized by Webster's Standard.

Wait, you're trying to say Michelle Obama is dumb? She's a f*cking graduate of Princeton and Harvard Law.

Phobia
01-08-2008, 01:34 PM
Like this?

http://www.craphound.com/images/antijapanesepropagandaposter.jpg
What about “The Dirty Little Jap”? Was that valid?

Dude, you have some serious issues that need to get hashed out. Honestly, the only difference I see between you and Marlboro Chief has to do with which races you slander. You're a little more articulate, and you stay away from the really nasty words, but the ignorance and the bigotry is all the same.

You're a small man.

I don't know anything about that poster. I'm saying that WWII veterans have the right to hate Japanese. That's the way the military is trained - to hate and detest the enemy. That's the way it was then and that's the way it is now.

As for the rest of what you said, you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

With regard to your highly inappropriate rep message, my children are better for having me as their father. I'd thank you to leave them out of the equation in future shots at me.

KC Kings
01-08-2008, 01:36 PM
This may have been hit already, but not putting your hand over your heart is no more disrespectful than not standing at attention during the national anthem, or yelling "Cheeeeeiiiiiifffffssss" at the end of the national anthem. Before 9/11, at least 50% of every Royals, Chiefs, and or crowd at any other event that sang the national anthem, did not put their hand over their heart and a lot of them left their hats on. After 9/11 everybody jumped on the patriotic bandwagon, but that didn't last long. We saw the Globetrotters on Saturday night, and at least half of the crowd didn't have their hand over their heart, some people didn't stand up, and hardly anybody stood at attention.

So half of us American good ole boys can't follow the flag code of conduct, but a man who's father was from Kenya, who spent his elementary school days (where most Americans learn the pledge of allegience and other and code of conduct rules) in Indonesia, was never in the Boy Scouts or military, follows the same actions of the majority of Americans and everybody gets pissed off?

During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Persons in uniform should render the military salute at the first note of the anthem and retain this position until the last note. When the flag is not displayed, those present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed there.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-08-2008, 01:38 PM
You need to start ending your posts about 4 sentences earlier.

Yeah, because you don't think that's a possiblity, that means it isn't. You should start respecting other people's views on this board, even if they are 180 degrees from your own. You may find people start giving a shit what you say, if you take the time to listen in return.

vailpass
01-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Wait, you're trying to say Michelle Obama is dumb? She's a f*cking graduate of Princeton and Harvard Law.

Now you are just being silly.

FAX
01-08-2008, 01:43 PM
There once was a pol named Obama
Who was horny as a young, sex-starved llama
Once he was elected
He became erected
And gave a Cabinet position to yo mama

FAX

KC Kings
A piece of paper is a piece of paper. I recently worked for person that had their Masters from Harvard, and I have never worked for a more inept, unsocialable, clueless person in my entire life. No exageration, and that is including the lesbian biker I worked for at Little Caesars when I was 15.

HolmeZz
Yeah, because you don't think that's a possiblity, that means it isn't. You should start respecting other people's views on this board, even if they are 180 degrees from your own. You may find people start giving a shit what you say, if you take the time to listen in return.

Yes, pardon me for not lending credence to baseless speculation from one stevieray, who places blame on a state senator for a city's crime rate, and insinuates that either a) the terrorists are going to want to hit us more if Obama is elected, or b) that Obama is actually working with them(which was the impression I got from his veiled comments about 'lying to your enemies').

HolmeZz
01-08-2008, 01:44 PM
Now you are just being silly.

What exactly is your point then?

Radar Chief
01-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Once he was elected
He became erected

FAX

Nice, though “baby momma” would work well in place of “yo momma”. ;)

HonestChieffan
01-08-2008, 01:46 PM
This may have been hit already, but not putting your hand over your heart is no more disrespectful than not standing at attention during the national anthem, or yelling "Cheeeeeiiiiiifffffssss" at the end of the national anthem. Before 9/11, at least 50% of every Royals, Chiefs, and or crowd at any other event that sang the national anthem, did not put their hand over their heart and a lot of them left their hats on. After 9/11 everybody jumped on the patriotic bandwagon, but that didn't last long. We saw the Globetrotters on Saturday night, and at least half of the crowd didn't have their hand over their heart, some people didn't stand up, and hardly anybody stood at attention.

So half of us American good ole boys can't follow the flag code of conduct, but a man who's father was from Kenya, who spent his elementary school days (where most Americans learn the pledge of allegience and other and code of conduct rules) in Indonesia, was never in the Boy Scouts or military, follows the same actions of the majority of Americans and everybody gets pissed off?

MOst of those who dont behave properly during the National Anthem are not running for president. That aside, the man who wants the top job in the US Government has no excuse for improper behavior. I dont give a whit for where his daddy came from, or that in his elementary school (muslim I may add since you left that out) didnt teach him respect for anything close to the American flag obviously. If he wants to be seen as presidential, he can act like the leader of this country.

KC Kings
01-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Was is Chris Rock that said if he was elected the as the first black president, the fiirst thing he would do would be appoint a Mexican Vice President as a life insurance policy?

Mr. Flopnuts
01-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Yes, pardon me for not lending credence to baseless speculation from one stevieray, who places blame on a state senator for a city's crime rate, and insinuates that either a) the terrorists are going to want to hit us more if Obama is elected, or b) that Obama is actually working with them(which was the impression I got from his veiled comments about 'lying to your enemies').

It's not a matter of endorsing the statement, agreeing with it, or the like. It's a matter of respect. You don't respect the comment, fine. Just understand when people tell you to eat shit that you did it to yourself with your sarcasm and unwillingness to listen. It's not this one post. It's many. This is just the one I brought it up in. You don't like it, that's ok. The reason I bring it up? I think you're a pretty intelligent guy, but you're lack of tolerance for others views makes your posts hard to read at times. JMO. Do you give a shit? Probably not. Should you? If you want to be taken seriously.

vailpass
01-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Once he was elected
He became erected

FAX
ROFL

vailpass
01-08-2008, 01:51 PM
What exactly is your point then?

Merely pointing out that the quote you offered regarding GWB was at least gramatically correct as opposed to the utter affront to the english language that is "my baby daddy".

HolmeZz
01-08-2008, 01:52 PM
It's not a matter of endorsing the statement, agreeing with it, or the like. It's a matter of respect. You don't respect the comment, fine. Just understand when people tell you to eat shit that you did it to yourself with your sarcasm and unwillingness to listen. It's not this one post. It's many. This is just the one I brought it up in. You don't like it, that's ok. The reason I bring it up? I think you're a pretty intelligent guy, but you're lack of tolerance for others views makes your posts hard to read at times. JMO. Do you give a shit? Probably not. Should you? If you want to be taken seriously.

I have no problem with intelligent discussion and I engage in it with plenty of dissenting viewpoints on here. The post I was responding to wasn't intelligent discussion, whether you want to acknowledge that or not.

KC Kings
01-08-2008, 01:55 PM
MOst of those who dont behave properly during the National Anthem are not running for president. That aside, the man who wants the top job in the US Government has no excuse for improper behavior. I dont give a whit for where his daddy came from, or that in his elementary school (muslim I may add since you left that out) didnt teach him respect for anything close to the American flag obviously. If he wants to be seen as presidential, he can act like the leader of this country.
We have a Christian national athem?

I know several muslims that love America, and even the ones that aren't citizens cover their heart.

It is funny how Britney or Bill Clinton or any other white celebrity/politician can make all the mistakes they want, and it is chalked up their fame. But a half black guy who's dead father used to be a Muslim doesn't cover his heart and the country goes crazy and 500 spam emails are sent out with his picture on it.

Whether it is because he's half black, or because the father that left him at 2 used to be Muslim, it is completely biased.

Don't get me wrong, I am not going to vote for Obama but I think it is funny he has just as much experience as GW, has been completely honest about his past, (unlike GW), yet he is being unfairly scrutinized.

HolmeZz
01-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Merely pointing out that the quote you offered regarding GWB was at least gramatically correct as opposed to the utter affront to the english language that is "my baby daddy".

So you're upset about grammatically incorrect language in a joke from a candidate's wife?

Have you heard the guy you voted for twice speak? Childrens do learn?

vailpass
01-08-2008, 02:00 PM
So you're upset about grammatically incorrect language in a joke from a candidate's wife?

Have you heard the guy you voted for twice speak? Childrens do learn?

I'm not upset and she wasn't joking. You may be comfortable with the leader of this country being associated with that sort of vernacular, there are many who are not.

RaiderH8r
01-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Was is Chris Rock that said if he was elected the as the first black president, the fiirst thing he would do would be appoint a Mexican Vice President as a life insurance policy?
So that would be an Obama/Richardson ticket. Any thoughts folks?

Mr. Flopnuts
I have no problem with intelligent discussion and I engage in it with plenty of dissenting viewpoints on here. The post I was responding to wasn't intelligent discussion, whether you want to acknowledge that or not.

Never did I claim it was. I know you can be a reasonable guy as well. I'm really not trying to call you out here either. All I'm saying is, we have a discussion going on in a civil, productive, educating matter, and you come in slinging barbs and turn it into a shit storm. I'm not saying it's a shit storm right now, but I've seen it go that way with you leading the charge before. IMO, if you want to effect change, and I assume with your strong viewpoints you want people to understand where you're coming from, you should take more time to learn where they're at before flying off the handle and writing them off.

If that's not worth anything to you, that's fine. It is a football board after all, I just think you could have more intelligent discourse with a wider range of people if you took more time to listen to what's behind the thought process in the first place. That said, I've been serious here for almost 24 solid hours now. I'm going to go back to being the douchebag I usually am, and have some fun.

HolmeZz
I'm not upset and she wasn't joking. You may be comfortable with the leader of this country being associated with that sort of vernacular, there are many who are not.

1) She was joking. I don't think that matters much to you though.

2) How could you be a stickler for correct grammar and voted for George Bush twice?

vailpass
01-08-2008, 02:05 PM
1) She was joking. I don't think that matters much to you though.

2) How could you be a stickler for correct grammar and voted for George Bush twice?

It isn't a question of grammar but a question of vernacular.

acesn8s
01-08-2008, 02:08 PM

So half of us American good ole boys can't follow the flag code of conduct, but a man who's father was from Kenya, who spent his elementary school days (where most Americans learn the pledge of allegience and other and code of conduct rules) in Indonesia, was never in the Boy Scouts or military, follows the same actions of the majority of Americans and everybody gets pissed off?If one want to be a leader then lead but if you can't say the Pledge of Allegiance or sing the National Anthem and do it accordingly, then one has no business being the President of the United States. Any other issues one may have would be irrellevant.

BigRedChief
01-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Welll Hillary should be a lock for that position then. She has to be a worse VP than a mexican.:)

greg63
01-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Obama will be our next president. And hopefully certain parts of the country will get over it and realize its a new day in the good ole U.S.A.

Yeah, Hillary has already had two terms.

HolmeZz
01-08-2008, 02:12 PM
It isn't a question of grammar but a question of vernacular.

And what's your problem with the vernacular? Makes them sound stupid?

acesn8s
01-08-2008, 02:14 PM
And what's your problem with the vernacular? Makes them sound stupid?yes

vailpass
01-08-2008, 02:16 PM
And what's your problem with the vernacular? Makes them sound stupid?

If you don't know then my explaining would do no good. Suffice it to say that there is a large segment of voting America who are very uncomfortable with being represented by that type of speech.
This is so whether you like it or not; let it go and move on.

stevieray
01-08-2008, 02:16 PM

An intelligent person would've noticed the statements were prefaced as worst case scenarios, which also included the term far-fetched. I suggest you look the word up, instead of wasting your energy on proving his point.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-08-2008, 02:19 PM
An intelligent person would've noticed the statements were prefaced as worst case scenarios, which also included the term far-fetched. I suggest you look the word up, instead of wasting your energy on proving his point.

You DEFINATELY didn't say it was your opinion. You stated it was out there, and a possiblity. I live in a world where anything is possible. I don't think you were out of line at all.

HolmeZz
01-08-2008, 02:23 PM
If you don't know then my explaining would do no good. Suffice it to say that there is a large segment of voting America who are very uncomfortable with being represented by that type of speech.
This is so whether you like it or not; let it go and move on.

Save the bullshit, dude. God knows what type of point you were attempting to make, but it's only blown up in your face. You can't sit there and bitch about language and speech having voted for this man twice:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8EvNJWM_NDg&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8EvNJWM_NDg&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Apparently you have no problem being represented by that, but a 'baby daddy' joke is just too much for you to handle.

HolmeZz
01-08-2008, 02:33 PM

Acknowledging your own statement is far-fetched and baseless doesn't make it any less stupid or worthy of discussion.

I've got a worse case scenario. The Democrats win the Presidency later this year and Stevie responds by going on a serial killing rampage through the midwest, leaving only a pair of blue suede shoes at each crime scene. Let's discuss.

Count Alex's Losses
01-08-2008, 02:35 PM
What kind of name is "Michelle," anyway? A proper black woman should be named "Sharonda" or "LaKeisha." Obama probably doesn't even like rap.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-08-2008, 02:36 PM
What kind of name is "Michelle," anyway? A proper black woman should be named "Sharonda" or "LaKeisha." Obama probably doesn't even like rap.

LMAO Nice. I knew I could count on you.

vailpass
01-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Save the bullshit, dude. God knows what type of point you were attempting to make, but it's only blown up in your face. You can't sit there and bitch about language and speech having voted for this man twice:

Apparently you have no problem being represented by that, but a 'baby daddy' joke is just too much for you to handle.

Like I said, if you don't get it there is no sense explaining it to you.
You need to quit posting about four sentences earlier.

stevieray
01-08-2008, 03:01 PM
Acknowledging your own statement is far-fetched and baseless doesn't make it any less stupid or worthy of discussion.

I've got a worse case scenario. The Democrats win the Presidency later this year and Stevie responds by going on a serial killing rampage through the midwest, leaving only a pair of blue suede shoes at each crime scene. Let's discuss.

it must be hard continuing to talk about it and then claim it isn't worthy...

by all means keep derailing the topic by focusing on other posters and exposing yourself as needing to be right.

vailpass
01-08-2008, 03:08 PM
Been fun chatting with you all, gotta run soon, I have a 3:00 tee time where I'm sure we won't discuss Obama Baby Mama.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Been fun chatting with you all, gotta run soon, I have a 3:00 tee time where I'm sure we won't discuss Obama Baby Mama.

Aren't you a Broncos fan? I mean that doesn't change who I think you are as a person, but if that's the case, I hope you lose at golf too. :)

tyton75
01-08-2008, 04:20 PM
FWIW... Roger is ghey and likes to have "the man" hold him down

wutamess
01-08-2008, 04:27 PM
FWIW... Roger is ghey and likes to have "the man" hold him down

:spock: That all you got?

irishjayhawk
01-08-2008, 04:51 PM
it must be hard continuing to talk about it and then claim it isn't worthy...

by all means keep derailing the topic by focusing on other posters and exposing yourself as needing to be right.

Good ole stevie.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-08-2008, 06:00 PM
I don't know anything about that poster. I'm saying that WWII veterans have the right to hate Japanese. That's the way the military is trained - to hate and detest the enemy. That's the way it was then and that's the way it is now.

No, they don't. That's ridiculous.

Remember this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_Day_Truce

Why can some soldiers differentiate between the enemy and some can't? Why did Vietnam vets marry Vietnamese women?

You're making ignorant statements prefaced by nothing other than laziness and your own ignorance.

Did the American populace have the right to put the Japanese in internment camps since they were the enemy and they saw newsreels and posters like the one above (which was released to the GENERAL public and not the military)? Is that somehow an excuse?

Do southerners have the right to hate blacks because their parents did and they were raised to think of them as less human or worthy?

According to your logic, the SS should be absolved from blame because they were conditioned by Hitler, Himler, et. al to hate Jews, Slavs, Gypsies, gays, etc.

Do you really think that the guy who schtucked your ex-wife did so because he was Muslim?

Here's an exerpt for you to consider:

"Do not go near to adultery. Surely it is a shameful deed and evil, opening roads (to other evils)" (Quran 17:32)

from another source:

"Adultery in Islam is one of the most heinous and deadliest of sins. Its enormity can be gauged from the fact that it has often been conjoined in the Qur’an with the gravest of all sins: shirk or associating partners with Allah."

Just because you were in the military doesn't mean that you earn the right to hate someone just because they happen to belong to a religion you were conditioned to oppose.

Essentially you are absolving all Islamists for what they do to Christians, Jews, etc, as though having someone else tell you what you should believe axiomatically means that you can't think something else and that all your actions and thoughts against them are excusable. That's sick.

I'd like to think you're a better person than that, but I guess I've been conditioned to hate racism. It's not my fault.

Count Alex's Losses
01-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Hamas you sick ****. Racists have rights.

HonestChieffan
01-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Muslims....cant cheat on your man. (Adultery is only that act beteween a woman and a man and the woman is held accountable not the man) Men can engage in homosexual acts and thats cool. Kill the womenfolk though thats ok.

And if you want you can strap a bomb on your kids to kill infidels. Thats ok with the mullahs and such.

All you have to do is read what the sick buggers say and what they do and what they encourage thier crazy nutjob followers to do. And dont lay this garbage that all the muslims are not the same on me. If there are muslims who oppose this crap, where on earth are they and why dont they do something about it.

It aint racist to just want nothing to do with nutjobs who think its ok to blow up their own kids. Maybe I am just not PC enough but thats some sick shit.

HolmeZz
01-08-2008, 06:16 PM
And dont lay this garbage that all the muslims are not the same on me. If there are muslims who oppose this crap, where on earth are they and why dont they do something about it.

What are you doing about Fred Phelps?

Sully
01-08-2008, 06:16 PM
:LOL: Says the guy trying to paint someone as a racist for posting what they’ve already admitted wasn’t a racist statement. ROFL
I'm not trying to paint him as a racist, his constant refusal to move on from a one-time comment is. Besides, he may very well not be a racist... he may just simply want to play this up so that those who aren't as knowledgeable about the situation may see Obama in a certain light. I mean, it's not too hard to convince some people I consider pretty knowledgeable that Obama is a Muslim...right?
He also claims that this is the first time he had ever heard of Obama (when this comment came up...doubtful) and so that was his impression of him. Although, I doubt that when he mentions Fred Thompson his first comment is, "Son, a Russian doesn't take a dump without having a plan."

acesn8s
01-08-2008, 07:50 PM

Remember this?

Why can some soldiers differentiate between the enemy and some can't? Why did Vietnam vets marry Vietnamese women?

You're making ignorant statements prefaced by nothing other than laziness and your own ignorance.

Did the American populace have the right to put the Japanese in internment camps since they were the enemy and they saw newsreels and posters like the one above (which was released to the GENERAL public and not the military)? Is that somehow an excuse?

Do southerners have the right to hate blacks because their parents did and they were raised to think of them as less human or worthy?

According to your logic, the SS should be absolved from blame because they were conditioned by Hitler, Himler, et. al to hate Jews, Slavs, Gypsies, gays, etc.

Do you really think that the guy who schtucked your ex-wife did so because he was Muslim?

"Do not go near to adultery. Surely it is a shameful deed and evil, opening roads (to other evils)" (Quran 17:32)

from another source:

"Adultery in Islam is one of the most heinous and deadliest of sins. Its enormity can be gauged from the fact that it has often been conjoined in the Qur’an with the gravest of all sins: shirk or associating partners with Allah."

Just because you were in the military doesn't mean that you earn the right to hate someone just because they happen to belong to a religion you were conditioned to oppose.

Essentially you are absolving all Islamists for what they do to Christians, Jews, etc, as though having someone else tell you what you should believe axiomatically means that you can't think something else and that all your actions and thoughts against them are excusable. That's sick.

I'd like to think you're a better person than that, but I guess I've been conditioned to hate racism. It's not my fault.Muslims can't get a fair shot in America because they are being held down by the Man.

Chiefmanwillcatch
01-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Why is everyone always worried about what black people think ????

Those people hold themselves down.

Look at their neighborhoods.

They worry more about the NBA than the crime in their own ALL BLACK inner- Cities. (washington DC)

Halfcan
01-08-2008, 08:19 PM
I think this thread will make white people nervous.

Halfcan
01-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Why is everyone always worried about what black people think ????

Those people hold themselves down.

Look at their neighborhoods.

They worry more about the NBA than the crime in their own ALL BLACK inner- Cities. (washington DC)

I hope your white hood didn't get in the way when you typed that.

Phobia
01-08-2008, 08:34 PM

Remember this?

from another source:

I'd like to think you're a better person than that, but I guess I've been conditioned to hate racism. It's not my fault.

You don't even have the ability to differentiate between racism and bigotry, apparently. If you want to apply a label, at least choose one which is accurate.

Not once through this entire thread have I ever defined my position against Muslims as "hate". I dislike them for a variety of reasons. Are my reasons flawed? I guess that's debatable. But it is my opinion and it's an opinion that has been formed through a variety of experiences which have absolutely nothing to do with race.

Do you have a response to your hateful comments regarding my ability to father my children? I noticed you kinda glossed right over that bit of class - since you're better than me...

Do I think Japanese internment camps were right? No.

Do I fault a person for racist feelings and thoughts against blacks if that was their upbringing? No. That's what they were taught. Hopefully they'll have the ability to overcome those feelings through interaction with enough blacks to counterbalance what they were taught. I suppose the same could be said for my dislike for Muslims - it just hasn't happened for me yet.

Phobia
01-08-2008, 08:36 PM
I hope your white hood didn't get in the way when you typed that.

I'll admit what he typed was a pretty broad generalization but it doesn't necessarily make him a racist.

el borracho
01-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Other people might see things differently, but a few things came to my mind when I read your post:

1. Do you really consider slavery to be just another form of immigration?

Oh, please, when will this pity-party end? No African-American alive today was ever a slave, nor were there parents, nor their grandparents. Slavery ended in 1865, unless you wish to talk about the virtual slavery of economic hardship but then African-Americans aren’t alone anymore, are they? Do you think the Chinese who laid railroads or the Mexican field workers were treated better than African Americans in the century following the abolition of slavery? No, they were abused equally as were many immigrant groups. Do you know what was said about the Irish immigrants in the late 19th century?- they would do the jobs that (derogatory name for blacks) wouldn’t do.

2. Do you understand that blacks were stripped of their entire identities (names, history, language, religion, culture, customs, etc.) when they were brought to America as slaves?

Yeah, who wasn’t? Again, African-Americans are not alone in this regard. All immigrants lose cultural characteristics of their homeland, in the past this was often by coercion and sometimes force. Most immigrants, by choice or not, become homogenized Americans. Although the original slaves brought to the Americas from the 16th century through the 19th century certainly had less choice in the matter than other immigrants, I would say that by the late 19th century and early 20th century they had certain advantages over other immigrants: they spoke the language, they shared the religion, they ate the food, they knew the customs.

3. Is it unreasonable to think that a group of people who are descendants of those slaves, would at a later date get together and develop new customs, language, etc., to try to form some kind of bond with other people in the same situation?

I could make argument against this but, let’s just say I agree with this (I don’t) and discuss it for a moment. Do you think African-Americans are well-served by their new cultural identity? What are the characteristics of African-American culture? Non-standard English, non-standard dress, poor academic achievement and a propensity to impregnate without thought or care of parental responsibility. What do you think is the perception of a people who don’t speak “proper” English, fail out of school, impregnate women like some sort of sexual Johnny Apple Seeds and aren’t smart enough to wear their pants over their underwear? Why would a group who goes out of their way to emphasize their differences expect to receive standard treatment from the majority?

The minority groups that you are comparing blacks to for the most part CHOSE to come to the US. They came to the US fully aware of where they came from and know what they are leaving behind.

Who cares? Do you think most third, fourth and fifth generation Americans know exactly where their ancestors were from? They might know which countries but that is probably the extent of their knowledge. Allow me to answer this great mystery for you; if you are African-American then your ancestors came from west or central Africa.

I am not sure what point you are trying to make. It sounds like you are saying that after 4 or 8 years of Obama as president, there will continue to be different dialects of English being used by black people.
Hell, if that is what you are saying, I guess I agree with that. Kind of hard not to. I can't think of one past US president, who stopped people from having accents. And I don't believe that is the president's job anyway.

That isn’t at all the point I am making. The point is that African-Americans go out of their way to look, speak and act in a non-standard way and wonder why they might get a non-standard response from everyone else. I know, I know… it’s a black thang, I wouldn’t understand except that it is not a black thing- it is an African-American thing. Black people in other countries don’t behave like African-Americans and, this might surprise you, often black people from other countries don’t like African-Americans. And you know what is sad? All of these differences could probably be accepted in today’s politically correct society if African-Americans were willing to modify their speech and behavior to the standards when appropriate. Learn the standards and know when to use them and you will live a happier life.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-08-2008, 08:49 PM
What are you doing about Fred Phelps?

Listening to sermons once a week or more would be my guess.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-08-2008, 08:54 PM
You don't even have the ability to differentiate between racism and bigotry, apparently. If you want to apply a label, at least choose one which is accurate.

Not once through this entire thread have I ever defined my position against Muslims as "hate". I dislike them for a variety of reasons. Are my reasons flawed? I guess that's debatable. But it is my opinion and it's an opinion that has been formed through a variety of experiences which have absolutely nothing to do with race.

Do you have a response to your hateful comments regarding my ability to father my children? I noticed you kinda glossed right over that bit of class - since you're better than me...

Do I think Japanese internment camps were right? No.

Do I fault a person for racist feelings and thoughts against blacks if that was their upbringing? No. That's what they were taught. Hopefully they'll have the ability to overcome those feelings through interaction with enough blacks to counterbalance what they were taught. I suppose the same could be said for my dislike for Muslims - it just hasn't happened for me yet.

Hateful? Nope. I said I felt sorry for your kids because they had to be raised by a bigot. Honestly, I think you are a bigot and a racist. You've been given every attempt to explain yourself on this thread, far more than probably anyone else on this board would be, and what do you do with the rope? You tie another knot in the noose to hang yourself with your own idiocy.

What are your reasons for disliking them, then? The military and your ex-wife?

What about your reasons *not* being flawed is there to debate?

Your only counterargument is an attempt to place the blame at the foot of upbringing or conditioning. You have such a narrow, small-world mentality, as though the only way to get over your dislike of Muslims is by having good personal interactions with them.

Every person you meet for the rest of your life could be Muslim and you wouldn't even meet a fraction of 1% of the Muslim population, and yet your experiences are somehow broad enough to color your beliefs of a religion filled with hundreds of millions of people? That's ignorant.

Your attempt to squirm out from under the race word is nothing other than semantics. All someone has to do is put "blacks" "jews" or "orientals" into any number of your statement and it reads the exact same. That's not a coincidence.

Donger
01-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Hamas loves everyone, except ignorant white guys.

Halfcan
01-08-2008, 09:06 PM
I'll admit what he typed was a pretty broad generalization but it doesn't necessarily make him a racist.

I know, I was just joking the racist bastard-lol

Simply Red
01-08-2008, 09:08 PM
I think I'll stay outta this one. Largely because of posts 1 through 458.

stevieray
01-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Hateful? Nope. I said I felt sorry for your kids because they had to be raised by a bigot. Honestly, I think you are a bigot and a racist. You've been given every attempt to explain yourself on this thread, far more than probably anyone else on this board would be, and what do you do with the rope? You tie another knot in the noose to hang yourself with your own idiocy.

coming from the guy who was originally banned for racial slurs..

you're a punk ass bitch with a big mouth.

Donger
01-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Honestly, I think you are a bigot and a racist.

Hamas, do you consider yourself to be a bigot?

Halfcan
01-08-2008, 09:11 PM

Your only counterargument is an attempt to place the blame at the foot of upbringing or conditioning. You have such a narrow, small-world mentality, as though the only way to get over your dislike of Muslims is by having good personal interactions with them.

Every person you meet for the rest of your life could be Muslim and you wouldn't even meet a fraction of 1% of the Muslim population, and yet your experiences are somehow broad enough to color your beliefs of a religion filled with hundreds of millions of people? That's ignorant.

Your attempt to squirm out from under the race word is nothing other than semantics. All someone has to do is put "blacks" "jews" or "orientals" into any number of your statement and it reads the exact same. That's not a coincidence.

Wow, give it a rest there Malcom X.

Donger
01-08-2008, 09:12 PM
Wow, give it a rest there Malcom X.

That's "Malcolm," you ignorant, myopic f*ck.

Halfcan
01-08-2008, 09:12 PM

ROFL probably a good idea. Lots of-Kettle calling the kettle black going on.

Donger
01-08-2008, 09:13 PM

"Geez, you've got a big p*ssy. Geez, you've got a big p*ssy."

"Why did you say that twice?"

"I didn't."

Donger
01-08-2008, 09:14 PM
coming from the guy who was originally banned for racial slurs

Huh? That's unpossible.

Halfcan
01-08-2008, 09:14 PM
That's "Malcolm," you ignorant, myopic f*ck.

oh go back to England you tea bagger

Donger
01-08-2008, 09:15 PM
oh go back to England you tea bagger

Sorry, I was channeling Hamas. Couldn't you tell?

Halfcan
Huh? That's unpossible.

that's IM possible there crumpet

Donger
that's IM possible there crumpet

No. Really?

Halfcan
01-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Sorry, I was channeling Hamas. Couldn't you tell?

ROFL all this hate even has the crackers fightin-lol

I actually got called a Cracker the other day.

Halfcan
01-08-2008, 09:17 PM
the mans???

MadMax
Damnit I missed so much of this thread. A tornado was swirling over the house so I took cover lol...Scary chit for real. When ya hear the sirens not much else matters.. :/

Simply Red
I love blacks.

Demonpenz
01-08-2008, 09:18 PM
you could use chiefsplanet to debate and maybe gather knowledge. Sometimes pray for people in need sometimes looking for friends but instead people want to stomp on good people and spread hate and bullshit.

Halfcan
01-08-2008, 09:21 PM
I hate to tell you guys this-but some African Americans are very racist.

I was called a Cracker, white trash and every other name in the book the other day because my truck was blocking part of the road-for like one minute.

The two fine young gang bangers and their crack head girlfriend-even said they were going to shoot me.

When I called their bluff-they said and I quote "we has to go get a gun and then we will be back to shoot your white ass"

that is real class

MadMax
01-08-2008, 09:25 PM
I hate to tell you guys this-but some African Americans are very racist.

I was called a Cracker, white trash and every other name in the book the other day because my truck was blocking part of the road-for like one minute.

The two fine young gang bangers and their crack head girlfriend-even said they were going to shoot me.

When I called their bluff-they said and I quote "we has to go get a gun and then we will be back to shoot your white ass"

that is real class

Join the Army
;) I was a cracka mfn cracka and that was when they were being kind...I won't even post my comebacks cause I will be banned.

Halfcan
01-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Join the Army
;) I was a cracka mfn cracka and that was when they were being kind...I won't even post my comebacks cause I will be banned.

But that is O kaaaayyyy, because your ancestors Might have owned a slave. You must pay forever for history that you cannot change.

I hate to break it to all the haters, but there are two kinds of people.

RICH POOR

Man I hate those Rich bastards-lol

Simply Red
01-08-2008, 09:31 PM
I hear and understand HC and Slightly Pert... But then I think of a recent murder in GA. on New Years Day where this S.O.B sick old white man killed an innocent 21 year old girl, he cut her head off. Next, I recall a time flying back from Florida where I met this black guy, he was a scientist, possibly the nicest, classiest, stranger I've ever met.

Just sayin...

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Hamas, do you consider yourself to be a bigot?

I consider myself able to make decisions about people based on individual characteristics, rather than using individual characteristics of individuals to make broad generalizations about the predilections "murderous" of an entire group.

Now, there are certainly times where I have been guilty of condemning swaths of people based on certain behaviors, corporate America for one, but at the same time I would like to think that I'm able to divorce the individual from the group.

Ken Lay is not every CEO, even if a good % of CEO's are Ken Lay.

Donger
01-08-2008, 09:39 PM
I consider myself able to make decisions about people based on individual characteristics, rather than using individual characteristics of individuals to make broad generalizations about the predilections "murderous" of an entire group.

Now, there are certainly times where I have been guilty of condemning swaths of people based on certain behaviors, corporate America for one, but at the same time I would like to think that I'm able to divorce the individual from the group.

Ken Lay is not every CEO, even if a good % of CEO's are Ken Lay.

Honestly, a simple "yes" would have been sufficient.

Halfcan
01-08-2008, 09:41 PM
I hear and understand HC and Slightly Pert... But then I think of a recent murder in GA. on New Years Day where this S.O.B sick old white man killed an innocent 21 year old girl, he cut her head off. Next, I recall a time flying back from Florida where I met this black guy, he was a scientist, possibly the nicest, classiest, stranger I've ever met.

Just sayin...

but that black dude just ate his girlfriend..

:)

these white VS black threads make me laugh

Halfcan
01-08-2008, 09:41 PM

ROFL

man you are on a roll tonight

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-08-2008, 09:42 PM

The world isn't that simple, dude. I know it makes it easier for you to be hopelessly reductive so that you don't have to actually investigate my posts, but it just comes off as transparent and lazy.

Phobia
01-08-2008, 09:45 PM

You keep slinging mud and yet I've yet to get any on me. Keep trying though. Since you're convinced I'm a "piece of shit" there's not a whole lot I can do about it now. Believe me, it's going to trouble me for days too. Gosh, Mr. Jenkins doesn't like me because I don't care for Muslims. How am I ever going to parent my kids now?

You may be some kind of super-special intellectual but you're emotionally stunted and immature. You seem to believe that the only answer to controversy is to lash out and crush the opposition without even a consideration that maybe you should seek clarification - "hey, what did you mean by that?" It's a shame, such a sad waste of potential too.

For reference, I'll not be entertaining future verbal jousts with you. It's not productive or even entertaining - hence, not worth my time. Best of luck to you.

Donger
01-08-2008, 09:46 PM
The world isn't that simple, dude. I know it makes it easier for you to be hopelessly reductive so that you don't have to actually investigate my posts, but it just comes off as transparent and lazy.

We've been through all this before, so I didn't really see the need to go over it all again. But, if you insist, I believe that you may be one of the most bigoted people on this board. Hence why I find it mildly amusing that you seem to be denigrating the person above for the very same thing.

Maybe it's just me.

Extra Point
01-08-2008, 09:46 PM
In sixteen years, we'll be talking bout Ms. Obama:
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6tCeAZ1nQjk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6tCeAZ1nQjk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Halfcan
01-08-2008, 09:51 PM
This thread needs pics of Matrix. Shit is gettin deep.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-08-2008, 09:52 PM
You keep slinging mud and yet I've yet to get any on me. Keep trying though. Since you're convinced I'm a "piece of shit" there's not a whole lot I can do about it now. Believe me, it's going to trouble me for days too. Gosh, Mr. Jenkins doesn't like me because I don't care for Muslims. How am I ever going to parent my kids now?

You may be some kind of super-special intellectual but you're emotionally stunted and immature. You seem to believe that the only answer to controversy is to lash out and crush the opposition without even a consideration that maybe you should seek clarification - "hey, what did you mean by that?" It's a shame, such a sad waste of potential too.

For reference, I'll not be entertaining future verbal jousts with you. It's not productive or even entertaining - hence, not worth my time. Best of luck to you.

That's one of the most pathetic attempts at a dodge I've ever seen. You aren't even able to articulate why you don't like Muslims beyond the simple fact that one f*cked you over (with great help from your wife) and because you can't overcome Pavlovian training.

At no point have you shown any ability to investigate your own prejudices. You just accept them. You can't refute any of my assertions, because they ring true in all your posts.

Here's a little tip on how argumentation works. Someone makes a claim, and supports it with evidence. The other person attempts to refute it.

I've supported many of my claims with evidence from this specific thread, and what have you done other than claim that "I've got no mud on me." According to whom? People originally thought you were joking in this thread because you came off as so goddamned ignorant. Do you know how sad that is? For your beliefs to be so stunted that they aren't even considered serious?

You aren't going to entertain any more jousts with me because you've come off like a knuckle-dragging f*cktard, not because it lacks enterainment value. Although I'm sure embarrassing yourself with your own stupidity probably isn't exactly as entertaining as the third season of "Seinfeld".

Phobia
01-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Hootie is way, way smarter than you, Hamas.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-08-2008, 09:57 PM
We've been through all this before, so I didn't really see the need to go over it all again. But, if you insist, I believe that you may be one of the most bigoted people on this board. Hence why I find it mildly amusing that you seem to be denigrating the person above for the very same thing.

Maybe it's just me.

Yeah, overt prejudice, bigotry, and racism deserve acclaim or tacit acceptance. At no point should anyone speak out against them.

You try to paint me as the above because I'm willing to criticize someone who holds those 19th century views.

You can criticize my belief system if you'd like, but perhaps you should actually back it up with some evidence.

And maybe I missed this in logic, but how does 1=all??

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-08-2008, 09:58 PM
Hootie is way, way smarter than you, Hamas.

You started towards the top of the bowl, now you're circling the drain at a typhoon velocity.

Donger
01-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Yeah, overt prejudice, bigotry, and racism deserve acclaim or tacit acceptance. At no point should anyone speak out against them.

You try to paint me as the above because I'm willing to criticize someone who holds those 19th century views.

You can criticize my belief system if you'd like, but perhaps you should actually back it up with some evidence.

And maybe I missed this in logic, but how does 1=all??

You don't think your bigotry is overt because you are a bigot. I would have thought you'd realize that.

Do you dispute that you are rather strongly intolerant of people who have different beliefs and opinions than yours?

I'm not trying to paint you in any way; it's glaringly self-evident.

Ari Chi3fs
01-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Fears of Obama Assassination Lead to Increased Security

Article published Jan 7, 2008
Obama gets beefed-up protection

January 7, 2008

By Joseph Curl - MANCHESTER, N.H. — Secret Service presence has increased for Sen. Barack Obama since his dramatic win in Iowa, amid fears over the safety of the man seeking to become America's first black president.

The Illinois senator's security now rivals that of President Bush, with a dozen Secret Service agents wearing dark suits and earpieces leading bomb-sniffing dogs through event venues, sweeping all equipment brought by journalists and flanking the candidate as he plunges into crowds of supporters.

"For many black supporters, there is a lot of anxiety that he will be killed, and it is on people's minds," said Melissa Harris-Lacewell, a Princeton University professor of political science and contemporary black culture.

"You can't make a prediction like this — like he has 'a 50 percent chance of getting shot.' But the greater his visibility and the greater his access to people, there is a danger," she said.

Another black presidential candidate, Jesse Jackson, drew Secret Service protection because of violent threats during his campaigns in the 1980s. And former Secretary of State Colin L. Powell ruled out a presidential run in part because his wife expressed fears he would be assassinated.

Mr. Obama, who reportedly resisted asking for Secret Service protection but personally requested a detail of agents after friends insisted, has been under federal watch since early last year. No one will say whether he has received an explicit death threat — his campaign said yesterday only that "we don't comment on security" — but officials have tracked racist chatter on white-supremacist Web sites.

The Internet is rife with theories that someone may try to assassinate the senator — typing into Google "assassinate Obama" brings up more than 2,000 hits. Anyone from Islamist terrorists to racist Americans to operatives of Halliburton and Blackwater are speculated about, but other, more nefarious Web sites are for real, according to reports from the Associated Press.

At his first morning event yesterday, at least a dozen plainclothes Secret Service agents, most with yellow pins on their lapels, stood guard in and around the Palace Theater, and, unlike other candidates touring the state, uniformed police were also on hand. The theater was emptied early so bomb-detecting dogs could sweep through, and journalists covering the event were corralled for inspection.

"Just put all your equipment down, leave the room, and close the door," one agent barked as another agent paced the hallway with a bomb-detection dog. Known as a "sweep" on the White House beat, the media did as told, allowing agents to rustle through their computer bags and turn on electronic equipment to make sure it was real.

Only Mrs. Clinton, who is entitled to protection as a former first lady, and Mr. Obama have Secret Service details. Mr. Obama was given Secret Service protection far earlier in the campaign than any previous candidate following worries about racist threats, federal officials said.

For instance, both Sen. John Edwards and Sen. John Kerry, two Democratic presidential candidates last election, were given Secret Service protection in February 2004, after the Iowa caucuses and New Hampshire primary.

There were more agents in the theater yesterday, some undercover, some wearing temporary pins. Reporters who have covered the candidate for months said the increase in security was obvious.

But Secret Service agents have been blanketing the candidate for some time. At an event last month in Manchester, agents ordered people to step down from the chairs they were standing on to take photographs.

"We can't have them that high," one agent was heard to say. Agents surrounded the candidate as he worked a rope line, just as they do for President Bush.

While there were no metal detectors at yesterday's event, some guests with bags were checked as they entered. And while no helicopter hovered overhead, no sharpshooters eyed the streets from building tops and no black SUV stood nearby, packed with heavily armed agents — three signs the president is in the area — agents yesterday were anxious and very low on patience.

As Mr. Obama was 90 minutes late for the event, a couple of photographers stepped out a side door for a smoke. They were immediately ordered back into the theater by agents. Inside, one photographer was told he could not even carry a cup of coffee in the theater.

Photographers have long complained about the aggressive tactics of Mr. Obama's protectors, saying they flank him at every stop, making photographs difficult. Some say they have been strong-armed by agents, pushed out of prime picture perches for security reasons.

The senator's prospects and popularity are rising quickly, creating new problems for his security detail. On Friday, hundreds of people gathered to see Mr. Obama went into a frenzy even before he came into the room, chanting the senator's signature phrase: "Fired up! Ready to go!"

An event organizer then said over a loudspeaker: "Ladies and gentleman, for security seasons, please take your seats."

• Brian DeBose and Christina Bellantoni contributed to this report.

Extra Point
01-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Any of you the only white boy/girl in your high school? The only black boy/girl in your high school? The only asian, or native american, or jew, or muslim in your high school? Thread closed.

If you live to win arguments, then you're done, if you can't respect others' opinions.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-08-2008, 10:09 PM
You don't think your bigotry is overt because you are a bigot. I would have thought you'd realize that.

Do you dispute that you are rather strongly intolerant of people who have different beliefs and opinions than yours?

I'm not trying to paint you in any way; it's glaringly self-evident.

ROFL...."I know you are, but what am I??"

If I was as intolerant as you claim I am, I'd be advocating for re-education camps for people like Phobia, and saying that you need to be institutionalized because you wished death upon a dishwasher for being an illegal immigrant.

At no point have I ever said he doesn't have the right to say it, he does, but I have the same right to criticize him for a view that perpetrates hatred and ignorance.

I'm sorry, but I *do* believe that my viewpoint that there is nothing inherently wrong with Muslims writ large is superior and correct to his that isolated bad experiences thereby mean that Muslims=tha debbil. I'd like to know what organizations outside of NAAWP wouldn't see it that way.

Logical
01-08-2008, 10:12 PM
Holy mother of God, are all the moderators asleep?:p

How has this thread stayed in the main forum for 495 posts?:hmmm:

Donger
01-08-2008, 10:13 PM
ROFL...."I know you are, but what am I??"

If I was as intolerant as you claim I am, I'd be advocating for re-education camps for people like Phobia, and saying that you need to be institutionalized because you wished death upon a dishwasher for being an illegal immigrant.

At no point have I ever said he doesn't have the right to say it, he does, but I have the same right to criticize him for a view that perpetrates hatred and ignorance.

I'm sorry, but I *do* believe that my viewpoint that there is nothing inherently wrong with Muslims writ large is superior and correct to his that isolated bad experiences thereby mean that Muslims=tha debbil. I'd like to know what organizations outside of NAAWP wouldn't see it that way.

Do you even know what a bigot is?

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-08-2008, 10:17 PM
Do you even know what a bigot is?

We can disagree on Social Security, how to tax the wealthy, campaign finances, nuclear proliferation, etc, and that's fine. I'm perfectly capable of having a civil conversation in any of those regards.

What I want to know is why overt racism *should* be tacitly accepted in 2008.

Logical
01-08-2008, 10:24 PM
I don't care what color the man is. But I've heard he's Muslim. Is that true? That would impact my decision greatly. Generally, religious preference isn't on my agenda but I'm not a big fan of Muslims. They make it very clear they want to squash the U.S. What better way than putting one of their own in the White House? I know I should probably be wearing a tin foil hat, but I can't look past this.

Phil, I assume you were pulling peoples chains with this post. It has been well vetted that he did attend a Muslim school for a very short time in his early life but is a Christian and has never been a Muslim.